Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most Overrated Colt

IndyTrav

To be overrated, first somebody needs to think you're good for something. Some of you are confusing "overrated" with "sucks".

Most overrated on current roster? I'm going with Garcon. There seems to be a general sense from fans around the league that he's worth far more than he is. A close second is Dallas Clark. He (Dallas) did that to himself last year and I don't want to hear any bunk excuses crafted for him. He stunk on ice and went down several pegs in my opinion. I could not care less if they cut him, traded him or just threw his sorry butt in the White River.

Given the extent KK was lauded on the previous iteration of this forum, I would say he qualifies as overrated. There were people who seemed to think he was "the next coming" before he ever even touched a football on an NFL field.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the extent KK was lauded on the previous iteration of this forum, I would say he qualifies as overrated. There were people who seemed to think he was "the next coming" before he ever even touched a football on an NFL field.

Oh...I don't remember that but I'll take your word for it. I saw the same thing with Hart. There's always gonna be a fringe crowd blowing the trumpet of unknown players for some weird reason. I guess they wanna be the fan that discovered the diamond in the rough.

Player A: 1st rd Pick, 129 Games Started, 102.5 Sacks, 13 Pass Deflections, 42 Forced Fumbles, 256 tackles.

Player B: 5th rd Pick, 71 Games Started, 83.5 Sacks, 15 Pass Deflections, 39 Forced Fumbles, 305 tackles.

Yes I think Freeney is overrated. Once again, not saying he's BAD, but OVERRATED. I think all the people running here to say "hes gameplanned for" or "Mathis has it easier" are the exact thing Im talking about.

Dwight hasn't benefited from Mathis's presence? Only Mathis has benefited? Please.

Player A: 1st rd Pick, 129 Games Started, 102.5 Sacks, 13 Pass Deflections, 42 Forced Fumbles, 256 tackles.

Player B: 5th rd Pick, 71 Games Started, 83.5 Sacks, 15 Pass Deflections, 39 Forced Fumbles, 305 tackles.

Yes I think Freeney is overrated. Once again, not saying he's BAD, but OVERRATED. I think all the people running here to say "hes gameplanned for" or "Mathis has it easier" are the exact thing Im talking about.

Dwight hasn't benefited from Mathis's presence? Only Mathis has benefited? Please.

All true, but I've seen no comments from players over the years, describing ways their teams gameplanned for Mathis. Freeney, yes. Both, maybe. But when DFree was on the shelf with his Lisfranc injury, I also don't remember Mathis doing that well on his own.

I don't know about overrated, but the only ones on the team that cosistently disappoint me are Addai and Garcon. Many times I thought Addai should bust through that opening only to see him stop and take that little extra side step and get tackled. Garcon has missed more easy passes than anyone who ever wore the horseshoe. Sure they are talented, but they disappoint often.

I don't know about overrated, but the only ones on the team that cosistently disappoint me are Addai and Garcon. Many times I thought Addai should bust through that opening only to see him stop and take that little extra side step and get tackled. Garcon has missed more easy passes than anyone who ever wore the horseshoe. Sure they are talented, but they disappoint often.

Garcon carries way more burden for our SB loss to the saints than Baskett, Manning or any other individual player on that colts team.

I'm sorry, but Clark dropped A LOT of passes thrown his way this year. He's also dropped his fair share of critical 3rd down conversions over the years. And I don't care what anyone says, he doesn't hold up well in pass blocking at all. Why else do you think he was pulled on 3rd and long all of this year, to be substituted by Brody Eldridge?! Without Peyton running the show Dallas Clark is average at best. And given what he's being paid, he definitely didn't earn his paychecks this year. To me, that would make him pretty overrated.

And Peyton has thrown 200 interceptions......players drop balls all the time. And I really don't know who is rating the players in order we say they are over-rated?

But based on hype, probably Sanders, Addai, and the definition of over-rated, Mr William Polian.

Lets break the monotony of the Peyton saga and get some good debates back into the forum.

Who do you feel is the most overrated Colts player. Both amongst us fans, and nationally. Let's try to keep it to the past 20years.

Me personally. I say Dwight Freeney. Followed closely by Dallas Clark.

Discuss.

how has dwight and dallas been one of the most over rated players on the colts? Dwight freeney has practicly made the pro bowl every year and has been one of the most feared DE's in the NFL. alot of LT's dont want to face him because of how quick he is.....and clark besides having two injury plagued seasons has been pretty good for the colts when it came to stepping up when a WR was out.

how has dwight and dallas been one of the most over rated players on the colts? Dwight freeney has practicly made the pro bowl every year and has been one of the most feared DE's in the NFL. alot of LT's dont want to face him because of how quick he is.....and clark besides having two injury plagued seasons has been pretty good for the colts when it came to stepping up when a WR was out.

I agree with you on Freeney. However, Dallas.......you cannot gauge a player on what he used to be, only for what he presents himself as now. Considering the overwhelming opinion of Dallas seems to be the same as it was in 2006, people are overrating him for what he is worth now.

1. bracket....had one impressiv year in 09 imo

2. dungy....never been my cup of team. never understood his aligence to smaller players and mediocre coaches

3. vinatieri...been banged up and hasn't always been all that clutch. plus he missed a gimme in the super bowl

1. bracket....had one impressiv year in 09 imo

2. dungy....never been my cup of team. never understood his aligence to smaller players and mediocre coaches

3. vinatieri...been banged up and hasn't always been all that clutch. plus he missed a gimme in the super bowl

Can you tell me which one did he miss?

Bob Sanders? Really? The guy was a difference maker on the field “when healthy”, much like Manning is to the offense.

Polian or Dungy was overrated. Manning makes these guys look a lot better than what they were.

Well I would say Sanders is way overrated based on my criteria (which may not be what others are using) = career + impact / cost to cap

Oh, and he never attended a charity basketball event a few years ago which caused a right stir on here!!

Are you kidding?

Not really no.

There are people who act as if he walks on water and can feed the homeless with only two fish and a loaf of bread.

By that standard, yes he is overrated. That doesn't mean he sucks, it just means they have "over" rated him. I would easily consider him one of the best QBs of all time. But he is not a divine being.

That's all, no more, no less.

Mike Vanderjagt was the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL when the Colts decided not to renew his contract.

I'd trade every kick he ever made for the last kick he ever missed as a Colt.

Sure, but to say he's overrated? Just doesn't seem correct to me...

Whatever you want to say about Clark, this statement doesn't make sense. If he has a problem it's that he's TOO much of a 21st century tight end - a receiver who happens to line up next to a tackle. Everyone forgets what an explosive game changer this guy has been for us, and how incredible his hands are for a tight end. This year he had a few drops, and he might have lost a step, and he didn't have anybody who could get him the ball in stride. I wouldn't call him over-rated.

Meh. Jacob Tamme put up Clark like numbers when Clark went down last year. I'd say it has everything to do with Manning.