Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Castanzo carted off after walk-through/warm ups....

Jackie Daytona

48 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Not sure how I feel about Clark at LT (I assume he would fill in). On one hand, I want to see how he will perform. The other, afraid for our quarterbacks. 

What did Brissett do to deserve this? 

Clark scares me to death.  I would give the new guy ,Burwell , a chance before Clark.  What a mess.

1 minute ago, Jaric said:

How many times could you slam into a 300lb super althete before it took a toll on your body?

if he were a 300 lb super athlete, like you are implying Castanzo is?  Roughly the same amount of times you could slam into someone with comparable size and athletic ability to yourself.

Just now, Shafty138 said:

if he were a 300 lb super athlete, like you are implying Castanzo is?  Roughly the same amount of times you could slam into someone with comparable size and athletic ability to yourself.

Yeah, it's almost like physics is a harsh mistress.  As if football players getting injured has nothing to do with this silly idea that "NFL players are fragile these days!"

Almost like the human body wasn't meant to slam repeatedly at full speed into other enourmous human bodies over and over and over again.

This is a Skip Bayless level hot take and I'm frankly sick of it.

FALSE ALARM!!!

Pagano just said the media has overblown it. 

Just passing along what I heard Pagano say in his press conference a few minutes ago. 

Pagano said AC was questionable for Sunday. 

Simon, Matt Jones, and Quincy are all ruled out. 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

FALSE ALARM!!!

Pagano just said the media has overblown it. 

Just passing along what I heard Pagano say in his press conference a few minutes ago. 

Everyone that doesn't suffer from extreme short term memory loss:

Skeptical_66cb9b_254906.jpg

This may actually give us a first hand look if LeRaven Clark can hold the fort down at LT for an entire game, based on his current form, because that seemed like his natural position. Joe Haeg was LT too for Carson Wentz in college but I think Clark has more bulk to handle bull rushes.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

This may actually give us a first hand look if LeRaven Clark can hold the fort down at LT for an entire game, based on his current form, because that seemed like his natural position. Joe Haeg was LT too for Carson Wentz in college but I think Clark has more bulk to handle bull rushes.

I would rather see this during the pre-season when a game and QB's life is not on the line.  Clark is hard to watch at RT and I do not see any changes in his "natural position" of LT.  His technique from Texas Tech is just that, no technique, and no "natural position".  

2 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I would rather see this during the pre-season when a game and QB's life is not on the line.  Clark is hard to watch at RT and I do not see any changes in his "natural position" of LT.  His technique from Texas Tech is just that, no technique, and no "natural position".  

So who is filling in there now? 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I thought he was banged up, that is why I was suggesting alternatives. If he can't go, who will fill in was my question.

If he can't go then it will more than likely be him or Good, if he is playing.  I was not saying he would not fill in, I was just please lord NO.  

22 minutes ago, chad72 said:

My thought too.  Maybe Clark is our future LT, so AC could be our future RT.  It would conserve draft choices if it could work out that way, so let's give it a try. 

1 hour ago, Jaric said:

Yeah, it's almost like physics is a harsh mistress.  As if football players getting injured has nothing to do with this silly idea that "NFL players are fragile these days!"

Almost like the human body wasn't meant to slam repeatedly at full speed into other enourmous human bodies over and over and over again.

This is a Skip Bayless level hot take and I'm frankly sick of it.

Y'know, I'm not really sure you got my point.   I agree, no human being is made to take repeated collisions with the level of violence that modern NFL players are subjected to.  Now, since you are so fond of physics, do the laws of such dictate a difference in ability to absorb such insane levels of abuse between say, yourself, and Ndamakong Suh, for example?  Sure.  Mr. Suh's body will hold up much better than yours, or mine, to the rigors of an NFL season.  The laws of physics dictate such.  So, sorry if I pee'd in your cornflakes today, but you can take your "Skip Bayless level hot-takes" comment and do whatever you would like with it.

28 minutes ago, DougDew said:

My thought too.  Maybe Clark is our future LT, so AC could be our future RT.  It would conserve draft choices if it could work out that way, so let's give it a try. 

This is a joke right?  They tried him at RT,RG and he is pretty much worthless.  Now put him on our QB's blind side?   No thank you.  He couldn't nail down the starting RT job in the preseason.  He lost it to Good who has much more upside than Clark.  Vuj is better than he is.  Unfortunately we are stuck with him for the rest of the year.  He would need to do a complete 180 and I don't see it coming.  After Ballard goes all out to fix the OL this offseason I don't see him making the team.  

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

This is a joke right?  They tried him at RT,RG and he is pretty much worthless.  Now put him on our QB's blind side?   No thank you.  He couldn't nail down the starting RT job in the preseason.  He lost it to Good who has much more upside than Clark.  Vuj is better than he is.  Unfortunately we are stuck with him for the rest of the year.  He would need to do a complete 180 and I don't see it coming.  After Ballard goes all out to fix the OL this offseason I don't see him making the team.  

Better to see what he can do at LT when Brissett is playing than to see what a college rookie can do at LT when Luck is playing.  No joke.

2 hours ago, Jaric said:

How many times could you slam into a 300lb super althete before it took a toll on your body?

There seems to be something wrong with the modern day athletes. Twenty plus years ago these players in all sports were not getting so many acl injuries, pulled hamstrings, shoulder injuries and the like. I don't know if it's the equipment, diet, weight training or what. I do know that these injuries have become so common in all sports.

13 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

There seems to be something wrong with the modern day athletes. Twenty plus years ago these players in all sports were not getting so many acl injuries, pulled hamstrings, shoulder injuries and the like. I don't know if it's the equipment, diet, weight training or what. I do know that these injuries have become so common in all sports.

Thank the CBA lol