Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck is not injured.

ThorstenDenmark

Before answering to this post, please think about one thing, and would you then answer Yes or NO to these questions.

"Would you risk your health and being tied to a wheel chair the rest of your life, and never again being capable of doing the YMCA chant, if you had to do what Andrew Luck has been through week after week, for several years?" ( Don't think about the money )

Of course Andrew Luck is injured, and it's a very serious injurie. 

BUT, and I know it's a crazy argument im bringing here, but try to hear me out a second.

We all know Andrew Luck has been banged up week after week, his entire career in Indy. Not only due to a bad O-line, but also because he have made some bad decisions which have cost him a hit or two or three pr. game.

But we also know that Andrew Luck is a very smart and clever man, with a degree in concrete or something like that, which you dont get if your stupid.

So even though I know he's banged up and his rehab/ recovery is dragging out, I cant stop thinking about one thing.

Is he actually that banged up that he can't play?

Or is he being smart/ intelligent to take this season for what it is, and have decided to wait for a new coaching staff, which will bring him an O-line who can protect him and not risking his health and future as a QB. And therefore NOT as banged up as the reports indicate, but he's just acting like it and "faking it"?

If he's playing "hide and seek" (pretending to be injured) I 100% understand him, and though the colts end up throwing away this season, this could be a very good thing for both Andrew and the Colts.

After this season, we all know Chuck Pagano will be gone, unless some miracle happen and we win the super bowl or gets in to the playoff.

So a new coach, hopefully a bunch of talented O-line players and a new start, is what Luck is really waiting for.

Again I know he's not faking it, because he´s a winner, he wants to play every game and he's tougher than most QB's in this league, but he's not stupid.

Nice guys finish last... Luck is no more the nice guy... he's just realized it's okay to do whatever it takes to win, and faking it like some women do from time to time, is okay if you're not satisfied with the situation at hand.

Hope Andrew is getting better and well soon, so we can watch him reclaim his throne in the AFC South next season and the NFL.

Go Colts

TK from Denmark 

Remember this article dated Oct 15th?:
http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Andrew-Luck-Makes-Defense-‘Look-Silly’-In-7-on-7-Work/3e263ce2-a097-4873-82fb-eeed2db084ef

That doesn't sound like a guy who deserves to be on IR, even though he experienced discomfort. It certainly isn't career-ending, like one pundit suggested. He's definitely being shut down for his protection, and I'm totally fine with that, although Deshaun Watson now being out for the season makes me cringe, since I feel the division is tighter again.

17 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Andrew-Luck-Makes-Defense-‘Look-Silly’-In-7-on-7-Work/3e263ce2-a097-4873-82fb-eeed2db084ef

That doesn't sound like a guy who deserves to be on IR, even though he experienced discomfort. It certainly isn't career-ending, like one pundit suggested. He's definitely being shut down for his protection, and I'm totally fine with that, although Deshaun Watson now being out for the season makes me cringe, since I feel the division is tighter again.

Any QB can make Colts defense look silly.

1 hour ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Of course Andrew Luck is injured, and it's a very serious injurie

I don't know if i have seen a thread as lengthy that doesn't actually say anything. You titled the thread "Andrew Luck is not injured" and then said the above.

Luck is a competitor, if he was able to play, he would play. 

4 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Holy crap, I just heard about this.  

Between him and Teddy Bridgewater even though Bridgewater's injury was much worse. . . What the heck is up with these QB's getting major injuries in practice?  

Ultimately this could be bad, we don't have a legit shot of winning the division at this point but it does give us a legit shot of sneaking in some wins against the Texans.  

7 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

It doesn't take much to make our defense look silly. 

41 minutes ago, Roger said:

Luck cannot play, is on injured reserve at last, and HE made Colts defense look silly. According to that "report".

I suspect that if we had a winning record and still had a fighting chance to win the division, he wouldn't be on IR right now. And it wasn't a report, it was from Monachino's press conference.

19 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I suspect that if we had a winning record and still had a fighting chance to win the division, he wouldn't be on IR right now. And it wasn't a report, it was from Monachino's press conference.

It's a "report", because it was "reported" by an insider, the DC. Luck's supposed brilliant performance was not viewed by the general public.

Excuse my skepticism, but I doubt that "report".  It was just more nonsense happy talk from Colts management.

29 minutes ago, Roger said:

It's a "report", because it was "reported" by an insider, the DC. Luck's supposed brilliant performance was not viewed by the general public.

Excuse my skepticism, but I doubt that "report".  It was just more nonsense happy talk from Colts management.

No practices are viewed by the general public except for a handful of training camp sessions. The media portion of practice is only the first 10-15 minutes, which is basically stretching and warming up.

I quit reading when I read that Luck has a Degree in concrete.

This is an oldie but a goodie and I think it applies here

Mr. ThornstonDenmark, what you have just said is one of the most insanely *ic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

OP HAS to be Dan Dakich....... I screwed up and listened to the first 30 minutes or so of Dakich on 1070 again today..... basically what he was saying the first half hour of his show.... "Luck and his dad aren't dumb, I wouldn't blame them if they walked in right now and said, we want out"  followed up by "Hey Kyle, why didn't Chris Ballard come on this week?"   Gee Dan, I wonder.... lmao

14 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Would you risk your health and being tied to a wheel chair the rest of your life, and never again being capable of doing the YMCA chant, if you had to do what Andrew Luck has been through week after week, for several years?" ( Don't think about the money )

Do you really want me to answer that question TD? I started out in a wheelchair when I was little as a small child & progressed. I'm assuming you're referring to concussions, ACL tears in a knee, & other side effects of getting hit & sacked in full fledged regular season games. I can't play football in the conventional sense, but if I could & I had the athletic ability to make millions over a 12-15 yr career in the NFL I probably would just to provide financial security for my family for future generations. 

To answer what I believe you're driving at: Andrew knows the risks of his occupation, I feel horrible that he endured any setbacks, I will never slam our owner [has faults makes me like him more & make him more human--his addiction woes I mean; & finally; INDY will rise from the ashes again just like we did after the 2011 season & HC Jim Caldwell was let go. Patience. We've got the perfect GM now. SW1 ain't going anywhere. I ride with INDY no matter what. 

The lean yrs makes you appreciate the Championship Yrs even more. We will acquire more hardware under Chewbacca's [Luck's beard] helm. Trust me. 

6 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

So hes not injured because he is injured, from not being injured.

Makes sense now.

Cute. No matter how many times I read or read that line, it makes me laugh like the phrase infinite wisdom or Central Intelligence Agency. Thanks RTB for the chuckle. 

10 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Are drugs legal in Denmark? 

I nominate Lolly to lead a field trip on a fact finding mission & bring back shall we say "treats" enough for everybody of course. Wink;wink. Plus, these goodies will make a challenging Colts season go much, much smoother. Just kidding! 

Can we swing by Amsterdam too. Call it cultural sighseeing to expand our horizons district by district. Enough said. Okay, I'll stop before I go too far. haha

6 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I nominate Lolly to lead a field trip on a fact finding mission & bring back shall we say "treats" enough for everybody of course. Wink;wink. Plus, these goodies will make a challenging Colts season go much, much smoother. Just kidding! 

Can we swing by Amsterdam too. Call it cultural sighseeing to expand our horizons district by district. Enough said. Okay, I'll stop before I go too far. haha

Lolly rocks...in real life too!  Guys like us appreciate it!  Put some alternative on my profile...check it and expand if you want?

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

OP HAS to be Dan Dakich....... I screwed up and listened to the first 30 minutes or so of Dakich on 1070 again today..... basically what he was saying the first half hour of his show.... "Luck and his dad aren't dumb, I wouldn't blame them if they walked in right now and said, we want out"  followed up by "Hey Kyle, why didn't Chris Ballard come on this week?"   Gee Dan, I wonder.... lmao

Dakich lmao 

2 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

If you listened to Dakich for a half hour it might have been the most wasted 30 minutes you have ever had.

2 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dakich lmao 

ucglZOC.gif

4 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Plus, we may as well keep giving Brissett a showcase so we can trade him in the future. He's certainly better than some other starting QB's in the league, at least on the Browns.

Yeah even if you include all 45 that they have had over the last three seasons 

:lol: