Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do You Think Peyton Will Be With The Colts?

jtcoltsfan

Do you think Peyton Manning will sign with the Colts?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Peyton Manning will restructure his deal and sign with Indy?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have a clue
    • I hope not, but I think he will
    • I hope so, but I don't think he will

Seems to me that most of the call for Peyton to leave is from media based on the two coasts, who always disrespect the middle of the country with the exception of Chicago and Dallas. ESPN on the east coast and NFLN on the west have both written Peyton off as done when the talk about him in blue, but put him in an east or west coast uniform and suddenly that team is a top contender. The level of inbred disrespect the middle of the country gets from the east and west coast media is why people's opinion of the media is so low. Peyton stays.

Here's where they lost me.

"In addition, league sources say Manning's neck has potentially developed bone spurs just above the point where his latest fusion surgery took place in early September, and the Colts organization is under the belief that it is nearly inevitable Manning will at some point require further surgery, and possibly another fusion procedure, even if he does successfully return to the field in 2012. It's unclear how any potential long-term neck issues will impact Manning's decision to attempt a resumption of his NFL playing career later this year."

I could be wrong but I think any bone spurs would have developed because of the bulging disk, not after repair to it, and likely would have been dealt with during the fusion surgery. Also, Peyton has made it pretty clear that his mind is made up about resuming his playing career.

"In addition, league sources say Manning's neck has potentially developed bone spurs just above the point where his latest fusion surgery took place in early September, and the Colts organization is under the belief that it is nearly inevitable Manning will at some point require further surgery, and possibly another fusion procedure, even if he does successfully return to the field in 2012. It's unclear how any potential long-term neck issues will impact Manning's decision to attempt a resumption of his NFL playing career later this year."

I could be wrong but I think any bone spurs would have developed because of the bulging disk, not after repair to it, and likely would have been dealt with during the fusion surgery. Also, Peyton has made it pretty clear that his mind is made up about resuming his playing career.

Some of that is out of his hands.

It appears that Peyton has made up his mind about resuming his playing career by his actions. He practiced in December in hopes to return to the field. He practiced red zone plays so that he can be inserted into games when within the red zone. However, it appeared to those watching the practice session that he was clearly not ready to play, according to this report.

My point is that Manning is willing to put himself in harms way. It took others to make the decision not to let him play, such as the doctor that did not allow for his clearance to play, Polian, and Caldwell.

So just because he is determined to play does not necessarily mean that he can or that he will.

In a documentary I watched about Manning, Archie was talking about Peyton's older brother, and how his playing career was cut short. Archie mentioned that although it was sad for this to have happened to Cooper Manning, he was glad that it was him rather than Peyton. Cooper could get over it, but Manning would die trying to get back on the field.

He practiced red zone plays so that he can be inserted into games when within the red zone.

Luck: "Alright team, we're in position to score a touchdown! Let's punch this..."

Peyton: "Give me the ball rookie!!!"

Luck: "Peyton!?!"

Peyton: "Hey, a man's gotta work." ::Scores touchdown:: "Alright, she's all yours."

Luck: "....."

I said NO....too much risk to pay out the bonus money and not have him play next season.

They may redo the a new contract after the fact, but given the reports that have come out, I dont think Irsay will even want to take that risk.

if somehow it could be a guarantee that he's 100% healthy 7/1, then they might find a way to work it out.....but I dont see that happening.

Look at it this way, they could let Peyton go (big mistake), draft Luck and he could get injured on his first play. There are no guarantees in this game! I think if Peyton is healty and able to play he should stay with the Colts! He is an Indianapolis Icon! The most important thing here is Peyton's health! He has a family to think about. If he is not able to play, what about making him a quarterback coach or offensive coordinator? All the media speculation is getting really OLD! Just a bunch of talking heads looking for something to talk about!

It appears that Peyton has made up his mind about resuming his playing career by his actions. He practiced in December in hopes to return to the field. He practiced red zone plays so that he can be inserted into games when within the red zone. However, it appeared to those watching the practice session that he was clearly not ready to play, according to this report.

My point is that Manning is willing to put himself in harms way. It took others to make the decision not to let him play, such as the doctor that did not allow for his clearance to play, Polian, and Caldwell.

So just because he is determined to play does not necessarily mean that he can or that he will.

In a documentary I watched about Manning, Archie was talking about Peyton's older brother, and how his playing career was cut short. Archie mentioned that although it was sad for this to have happened to Cooper Manning, he was glad that it was him rather than Peyton. Cooper could get over it, but Manning would die trying to get back on the field.

Where does one get access to this documentary?

Is it a short YouTube documentary, or.....?

Look at it this way, they could let Peyton go (big mistake), draft Luck and he could get injured on his first play. There are no guarantees in this game! I think if Peyton is healty and able to play he should stay with the Colts! He is an Indianapolis Icon! The most important thing here is Peyton's health! He has a family to think about. If he is not able to play, what about making him a quarterback coach or offensive coordinator? All the media speculation is getting really OLD! Just a bunch of talking heads looking for something to talk about!

1) We know what happens when PM gets hurt such that he cannot play.....2-14.

2) We know PM is still rehabbing from his multiple surgeries and there is uncertainty if he can throw like he did before his injury.

3) We know there is a highly-rated QB draft prospect available in the upcoming draft.

4) We know there are no guarantees in football. Hopefully, the coaches install an offense that is not Peyton-centric, such that if Peyton or Luck goes down, we can still win.

5) I don't think anyone is against having PM as a QB coach except the current QB coach CC.

6) We know Mr. Irsay will do the best thing for the Colts in negotiating with PM.

Seems to me that most of the call for Peyton to leave is from media based on the two coasts, who always disrespect the middle of the country with the exception of Chicago and Dallas. ESPN on the east coast and NFLN on the west have both written Peyton off as done when the talk about him in blue, but put him in an east or west coast uniform and suddenly that team is a top contender. The level of inbred disrespect the middle of the country gets from the east and west coast media is why people's opinion of the media is so low. Peyton stays.

To your media bias theory against the middle of the country having anything to do with is going on with Manning right now, all I can say is Dear God.

And just in case you missed it, the media here think he is gone as well. What are they biased against?

And lastly, Manning is gone.

I don't think Peyton will be back as a Colt and I hope he doesn't come back. I'd rather see Peyton go to a team that has a competitive chance to win the Super Bowl. This whole thing is getting messy, hopefully Irsay will just come out and say the truth, he doesn't want Manning back. Then both sides could move on. The colts are many years away from being able to compete for the Lombardi. It's time to let Peyton go to a team that doesn't need to be carried every year, and let the Colts go through their long rebuilding process.

I don't think Peyton will be back as a Colt and I hope he doesn't come back. I'd rather see Peyton go to a team that has a competitive chance to win the Super Bowl. This whole thing is getting messy, hopefully Irsay will just come out and say the truth, he doesn't want Manning back. Then both sides could move on. The colts are many years away from being able to compete for the Lombardi. It's time to let Peyton go to a team that doesn't need to be carried every year, and let the Colts go through their long rebuilding process.

I don't disagree with everything you said.

I agree that Peyton should wait to be released by the Colts.

However, I don't think any other NFL team would sign Peyton up unless he can prove to them that his arm is back. And even then, the contract will not be guaranteed money.

I agree that Irsay should just put the terms of the new contract that Peyton must agree to upfront, instead of playing the PR game that Peyton started.

SI.com has learned from NFL sources that Manning actually underwent a fourth, unreported, medical procedure in the past two years, not three as has been widely known.

:ranton:

I am officially fed up with "league sources" they need to come out of the closet and own what they are saying. League Sources are the same ones that feed the alleged "NFL insiders"

Is this a job title at the NFL? "League Source" Seriously, I'd like to know what the arrangements are between 'league sources' and NFL insiders

And what are they doing talking about our team? Why don't they let the Colts speak for themselves?

:rantoff:

:ranton:

I am officially fed up with "league sources" they need to come out of the closet and own what they are saying. League Sources are the same ones that feed the alleged "NFL insiders"

Is this a job title at the NFL? "League Source" Seriously, I'd like to know what the arrangements are between 'league sources' and NFL insiders

And what are they doing talking about our team? Why don't they let the Colts speak for themselves?

:rantoff:

IMO " sources " = no one. There are no sources and the leaked info is complete fabrication.

I really don't know. If he's not healthy, he shouldn't. I'm a fan of the Colts, and PM is part of that. I don't want to have him getting a life ending injury just because he wants to play. I really do like him, and that's why I don't know if I even want him back. I'd like him on the team somewhere - QB coach, something?

What do you think other teams will give the Colts for PM with an uncertain arm?

Do you think that is worth $28MM?

I can't say anything based the numbers and money because I'm not an expert, but it's a fact that some teams around the league without an 'elite' QB see Peyton as an answer to their problems, regardless of the foreseeable potential issues. Such as the Cowboys, Dolphins, 49ers, Jets, even though it's all just speculation. Maybe a trade shouldn't be ruled out as a legitimate option.

I can't say anything based the numbers and money because I'm not an expert, but it's a fact that some teams around the league without an 'elite' QB see Peyton as an answer to their problems, regardless of the foreseeable potential issues. Such as the Cowboys, Dolphins, 49ers, Jets, even though it's all just speculation. Maybe a trade shouldn't be ruled out as a legitimate option.

The cap hit that would come from trading him makes him Untradeable.