Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Regardless Of What Happens Folks.......

Jules

Next season the Colts will indeed take the field and play football every week. Regardless of QB, they will be the Colts in Colts uniforms playing Colts football from Indy.

That is all.

And as long as this happens we should all be happy and thankful.

No not true, Colts football won't be the same for some but hey in 3 to 5 years we'll be contenders again right? It's a lock with Luck right? Thats what everybody seems to think. I've been through the years when Irsay put his finger in the pie, it didn't work out so good. He's starting to sound like he did in the early years. Says things like, "I want more hands on with day to day operations."

Here's what I know, next year will be the beginning of another Fantasy Football season. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mel Kiper seems to think Luck will win at least 2 Super Bowl's and will be in the HOF. I know Kiper's an * but I think we'll be in great hands with Luck. I think it's probably best that Manning move on now to a team that has more pieces than we do currently. He doesn't have a lot of time left to try and win another one regardless of his health.

No not true, Colts football won't be the same for some but hey in 3 to 5 years we'll be contenders again right? It's a lock with Luck right? Thats what everybody seems to think. I've been through the years when Irsay put his finger in the pie, it didn't work out so good. He's starting to sound like he did in the early years. Says things like, "I want more hands on with day to day operations."

Here's what I know, next year will be the beginning of another Fantasy Football season. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You clearly won't care anyway, will you, as you are a Manning fan, not a Colts fan. Is that correct?

Sarcasm aside, theres no reason the colts can't contend in a year or two. It happens all the time in the nfl.Worst to 1st is not uncommon,especially when you have a franchise qb. Hopefully we have a solid GM & head coach to go along withLuck, if so the Colts will be more than ok.

You clearly won't care anyway, will you, as you are a Manning fan, not a Colts fan. Is that correct?

Define your definition of a Colts fan and we'll go from there. BTW, Peyton Manning is the Colts, if not for him my friend, the Colts may have left town a few years ago and LOS would never have been built. Go to the game some time and walk around and tell me the most dominate jersey worn by fans at the games. If we drafted Leaf instead of Manning where would we be? Would the Colts games be sold out each week? Would we play on Sunday and MNF? I don't think so. Would we have ever gone to a Super Bowl?

Wake up, when Peyton leaves this organization will be run into the ground like it was pre-Manning. The writing is on the wall. Wake up and think of something more than yourself. Any true Colts fan would be up in arms over the possible release of there teams foundation. Keep living in your dream world of everything will be the ok and in two years we'll be great again. I've sat through the bad years and paid my dues. You don't know me and what kind of fan I am or am not so don't waiste my time with your opinions being better than anyone eles.

You support the Colts team you want to support and I'll support what I have supported for 27 years but don't call me a none Colts fan cause I don't support your way of thinking.

Define your definition of a Colts fan and we'll go from there. BTW, Peyton Manning is the Colts, if not for him my friend, the Colts may have left town a few years ago and LOS would never have been built. Go to the game some time and walk around and tell me the most dominate jersey worn by fans at the games. If we drafted Leaf instead of Manning where would we be? Would the Colts games be sold out each week? Would we play on Sunday and MNF? I don't think so. Would we have ever gone to a Super Bowl?

Wake up, when Peyton leaves this organization will be run into the ground like it was pre-Manning. The writing is on the wall. Wake up and think of something more than yourself. Any true Colts fan would be up in arms over the possible release of there teams foundation. Keep living in your dream world of everything will be the ok and in two years we'll be great again. I've sat through the bad years and paid my dues. You don't know me and what kind of fan I am or am not so don't waiste my time with your opinions being better than anyone eles.

You support the Colts team you want to support and I'll support what I have supported for 27 years but don't call me a none Colts fan cause I don't support your way of thinking.

Yup, it's a Peyton Manning fan and not a Colts fan. Way to just completely marginalize the other 52 players on the team.

I know I am in the minority, but I am actually optimistic. If PM comes back, we know how hard he will work to win. If it's Luck or RG3, and I am in the Luck camp, I can actually see immediate progress. First, it is really really hard to only win twice in the NFL. It will be hard to do worse. I also think Luck or RG3 will be better than Dan O or Painter. They won't be asked to run PMs offense as Dan O and Painter were. Things will be scaled and built for things they do well from day one. I also see a new coaching staff who we hope light some new fires, motivate, coach up. And most importantly, I think the Jags and Titans are in worse shape with Gabbert and Locker than the Colts are with Luck or RG3. We couldn't have asked for a better time or division to hit rock bottom. I trust Pags to build a D - I think they will rank much closer to the middle than the bottom next year. Last place schedule is a good thing right now. I'm just of the opinion that the last 14 months were our pain and suffering - we have been at rock bottom, so there is no way to go but up. Home playoff loss, PM out all year, 2-14, PM maybe done..... I'd say we've likely survived the worst of this.

I know I am in the minority, but I am actually optimistic. If PM comes back, we know how hard he will work to win. If it's Luck or RG3, and I am in the Luck camp, I can actually see immediate progress. First, it is really really hard to only win twice in the NFL. It will be hard to do worse. I also think Luck or RG3 will be better than Dan O or Painter. They won't be asked to run PMs offense as Dan O and Painter were. Things will be scaled and built for things they do well from day one. I also see a new coaching staff who we hope light some new fires, motivate, coach up. And most importantly, I think the Jags and Titans are in worse shape with Gabbert and Locker than the Colts are with Luck or RG3. We couldn't have asked for a better time or division to hit rock bottom. I trust Pags to build a D - I think they will rank much closer to the middle than the bottom next year. Last place schedule is a good thing right now. I'm just of the opinion that the last 14 months were our pain and suffering - we have been at rock bottom, so there is no way to go but up. Home playoff loss, PM out all year, 2-14, PM maybe done..... I'd say we've likely survived the worst of this.

At least you try to explain your thinking and I can respect that. Unlike the two yes men who posted before you. "I'm a Colts Fan because I just am" "You just have to be because?" "You can never doubt the organization and just take it and understand that they never make mistakes." Goofs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck enjoying the NFL

I gotta say that I don't share your enthusiasm for the downfall of the Colts.

I'm gonna get killed for this but, I can actually see the franchise benefiting from Peyton no longer being a Colt.

Don't get me wrong, I want Peyton back, and I am a Colts Fan first, but I'm hoping the franchise learned a valuable lessen of this past decade through this past season. That is, you can't lean on one player. They seemed to have lost that common sense over the past few years. And I don't lay that solely on the FO. I can pass blame along to Peyton himself for some of it, if, in fact, hogging reps was prevalent in practice.

I'm not saying that what you say won't happen, but I'd like to believe it won't.

I'm going to trust what's now in place, though I do expect growing pains.

Great riposte. Although I do object to you calling me your friend. I have better taste.

Like I said earlier teams can go last to first. The dolphins came within a hair of going 0-16.The next season they won the afc east.Michael Vick left the falcons in complete shambles & their recently hired coach ran back to coach in college. They drafted a franchise qb(Matt Ryan) and have been a solid playoff team since. Our own Colts had the worst record in NFL and drafted Peyton Manning. In our second season we won our division with a record of 13-3. Its not uncommon.

The most important position in all of sports,as we all know is the QB, and we will very most probably have a elite QB for the next 15 years, Manning/Luck. The other factors involved in rebuilding are a good GM & Head Coach. Since our new hires are not yet proven at their positions just means we have to wait and see about them. But how much worse can Grigson be than Polian was the last half-dozen seasons? How can our new head coach be worse than Caldwell was? Can we run a worse defensive scheme than the cover 2 that we had with Dungy/Caldwell? I don't think so.

As far as being pessimistic about the Colts, I don't blame anyone. From the Bert Jones era to Peyton Manning there were 2 decades of utter failure and embarrasment except for a rare season here and there. And if we would have won a couple more games this season and NOT HAVE THE 1ST PICK I would also have had a bad vibe with Mannings age & health up in the air.

Now if someone is a Manning fan more than a Colt Fan I don't see the problem. If/when the Colts cut him he will hook up with another team,if healthy. Maybe the 49ers,redskins,phins,etc. Whoever he winds up with you can root for him with his/your new team. Maybe he can win that other Ring with someone else,I hope he does.It doesn't have to be the end of your football world if he's cut, at least not until he retires. And don't forget theres his little bro in NY to cheer for.

No. I'm sorry, Jules, but if Peyton leaves, he is taking all the footballs with him. If he can't throw them here, no one can.

^^this. he takes the balls when he's here too.

anything is better than Curtis Painter. Anyone with a TV could see in the 2010 preseason that (God forbid anything happened to PM), we'd be in trouble. They need to strip Jones' number off that mans jersey.

Next season the Colts will indeed take the field and play football every week. Regardless of QB, they will be the Colts in Colts uniforms playing Colts football from Indy.

That is all.

And as long as this happens we should all be happy and thankful.

Right On... it's only the Peyton fanboyz whow are flipping out...

This happens to EVERY TEAM at some point in time.

I just wish Indy's owner would act more like one than a over age hipster...

Like I said earlier teams can go last to first. The dolphins came within a hair of going 0-16.The next season they won the afc east.Michael Vick left the falcons in complete shambles & their recently hired coach ran back to coach in college. They drafted a franchise qb(Matt Ryan) and have been a solid playoff team since. Our own Colts had the worst record in NFL and drafted Peyton Manning. In our second season we won our division with a record of 13-3. Its not uncommon.

The most important position in all of sports,as we all know is the QB, and we will very most probably have a elite QB for the next 15 years, Manning/Luck. The other factors involved in rebuilding are a good GM & Head Coach. Since our new hires are not yet proven at their positions just means we have to wait and see about them. But how much worse can Grigson be than Polian was the last half-dozen seasons? How can our new head coach be worse than Caldwell was? Can we run a worse defensive scheme than the cover 2 that we had with Dungy/Caldwell? I don't think so.

As far as being pessimistic about the Colts, I don't blame anyone. From the Bert Jones era to Peyton Manning there were 2 decades of utter failure and embarrasment except for a rare season here and there. And if we would have won a couple more games this season and NOT HAVE THE 1ST PICK I would also have had a bad vibe with Mannings age & health up in the air.

Now if someone is a Manning fan more than a Colt Fan I don't see the problem. If/when the Colts cut him he will hook up with another team,if healthy. Maybe the 49ers,redskins,phins,etc. Whoever he winds up with you can root for him with his/your new team. Maybe he can win that other Ring with someone else,I hope he does.It doesn't have to be the end of your football world if he's cut, at least not until he retires. And don't forget theres his little bro in NY to cheer for.

I like Eli, but...... he has been one of the luckiest post season QB's ever.. and it's only 2 runs. But darn man.... games were NEVER given to the Manning led Colts ... EVER.

03, 04, and 05 Indy had their BEST teams of the Manning era... and they ran right into NE twice and Pitt... and every one of those games came down to the end ... With no "gifts" for Peyton.

Oh well .... such is life...