Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injury Report 9/14/17

TKnight24

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

With Butler hurt we may get good look at what Hooker can do.

Trial by fire. We drafted him for his range and instincts, hope it shows on Sunday. Obviously there will be some bad angles but even a flash of potential may be an upgrade at the position. Butler did not play as well as times last year.

5 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Anyone else super worried about the fact that we only have 3 LBers on the roster who have been able to practice this week?... one of which we pulled back off the streets this week....

Not super worried. But worried nonetheless. It is what it is. We gotta figure out what's causing these injuries. Not trying to blame pagano for yet another issue with the team, but year in and year out,  we have been one of the most injured teams , we changed training camp locations, we've changed strength and conditioning coaches as well as trainers, so it's either the field at west 56th street or it's how pagano runs his practices. We  have had very durable players come here and then become injury prone. There's gotta be a link somewhere 

18 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Not super worried. But worried nonetheless. It is what it is. We gotta figure out what's causing these injuries. Not trying to blame pagano for yet another issue with the team, but year in and year out,  we have been one of the most injured teams , we changed training camp locations, we've changed strength and conditioning coaches as well as trainers, so it's either the field at west 56th street or it's how pagano runs his practices. We  have had very durable players come here and then become injury prone. There's gotta be a link somewhere 

I agree. It's one of the most puzzling problems this team has had since Pagano came here. Ironically, Pagano has been one of the most conservative coaches when it comes to injuries (practice intensity, holding players out for rest etc.). Yet, the team seems to have a very high number of injuries each year. I'm not sure what the direct answer is honestly.

2 minutes ago, bigt said:

V. Davis on the injury report again.  Seems like his FP vs DNP is less than 50% since we acquired him.  I know it's a different position, but I miss guys like Bethea.  I'll take iron over glass any day.

Coming into this year he had missed 9 out of 80 games.  That's playing in damn near 90% of his games since being here....so I am confused what glass you are referring to?

13 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Coming into this year he had missed 9 out of 80 games.  That's playing in damn near 90% of his games since being here....so I am confused what glass you are referring to?

Guess he likes people who practice a lot.  LOL.   Seriously who gives a darn as long as they play in the game.  Who actually kept up with how many times Bethea practiced anyway?

I didn't say anything about starting games.  He's missed practices due to 14 different injuries since being here.  I would think it would be kind of hard for the secondary to form any type of cohesion when one of your elites is on the sideline during practices.  Also, I think it would be hard to perform at 100% with 14 different types of nagging injuries.  Not questioning his toughness, just saying he gets hurt a lot.

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

Guess he likes people who practice a lot.  LOL.   Seriously who gives a darn as long as they play in the game.  Who actually kept up with how many times Bethea practiced anyway?

To be fair, just because a player suits up and plays doesn't mean he will be effective if he's injured.

Not sure what your defininition of glass is, but my definition of glass means injury prone.  Nothing to do with toughness.  Injury prone players on the Colts are Davis and Luck for example.  Iron made players, meaning players you don't see on injury report very often with DNP unless it was for rest are Hilton, Gore, and Castonzo for example.  

I guess we will just have to disagree on how important we feel it is to have most of the players practicing at full speed during the week in determining the team's success on Sundays.   

7 minutes ago, bigt said:

Not sure what your defininition of glass is, but my definition of glass means injury prone.  Nothing to do with toughness.  Injury prone players on the Colts are Davis and Luck for example.  Iron made players, meaning players you don't see on injury report very often with DNP unless it was for rest are Hilton, Gore, and Castonzo for example.  

I guess we will just have to disagree on how important we feel it is to have most of the players practicing at full speed during the week in determining the team's success on Sundays.   

So if a team goes say 10-6 for example and Davis and Luck play every game but miss some practices...they are injury prone and glass?  Just trying to clarify here.

42 minutes ago, bigt said:

What does the record matter when determining if someone is injury prone or not?  Just want to clarify.

You are trying to stat that "injury prone" players who are not practicing are made of glass and this somehow affects us correct?  I honestly do not know where this is going...

4 hours ago, bigt said:

It's hard to make the argument that Luck is injury prone when you consider that his current issues stem back from an injury that happened in 2015 but was never adequately repaired until now.  

9 hours ago, bigt said:

And yeah, I do like guys that practice a lot vs ones that sit a lot.  I'm not a member of the Allen Iverson fan club.

You're taking a beating here for the comments you have made. 

To be fair, I agree with you about practice. Players should practice. It makes them better players and it makes us a better team.

That said, you picked a horrible person to use as an example. Big swing; Big miss. Total whiff!

Lol Blue, I can handle taking a beating every once in awhile.  That's what makes these forums so entertaining.  I'm glad you agree with me about the importance of practice.   

I'm pretty sure Davis and Luck have had to play through injuries the majority of their tenure with the Colts with the exception of their early years.  But, I'll wave the white flag and chuck it up to bad luck.  Suffering all those injuries definitely isn't the same thing as being injury prone.  I stand corrected.

On 9/14/2017 at 11:03 PM, Chucklez said:

Anyone else super worried about the fact that we only have 3 LBers on the roster who have been able to practice this week?... one of which we pulled back off the streets this week....

We have Rhodes who made the roster as the LS who can play ILB and Mingo can as well if necessary. We are thinner at S after Farley and Hooker we are looking at Butler and Green. I don't have much confidence in either of those guys. Butler may not even be available. 

38 minutes ago, akcolt said:

We have Rhodes who made the roster as the LS who can play ILB and Mingo can as well if necessary. We are thinner at S after Farley and Hooker we are looking at Butler and Green. I don't have much confidence in either of those guys. Butler may not even be available. 

Butler is out for week 2. Its just hooker/farley/green(sort of). Scary situation.