Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts fans, something is wrong here....

Indeee

I had posted a response in another topic stating that I believe Pagano is snake bit. I believe he just can't win here in Indy. Not necessarily because he's a bad coach or doesn't have the tools to be a successful one. He's not perfect, he's a good guy, but something just seems to be a miss and sometimes in Life it's just not in the cards for a person to be successful when all signs point to the opposite. You can try to find any excuse, and there are many, to why this teams seems out of sorts however at the end of the day this team as a whole just seems off and lacks Consistency of a positive nature.

Every NFL team deals with injuries, but as stated before, the Colts seem to deal with a lot consistently. That is the key here.

The coaching staff doesn't seem to be able to coach the players to a point of CONSISTENT success in their abilities. Point: The O-line. Improvements shown is fine however 3 years in and this issue is still in play. Consistent growth, chemistry, health, and continuity to formulate a winning/working combination has not solidified as I type.

This area also has led to in-consistent pass protection and running game.

Defensively, I personally liked the off-season moves and draft however the major problems still seem to be dogging this team. Stopping the run, pass rush, and secondary.

Most teams who make it to a championship game and loses, access the weakness of what held them back and pin point those areas the following year in effort to get over the hump. This team though has Consistently regressed into areas that we're formidable,  into a full blown train wreck, where we as fans are left scratching our heads in disbelief.

These issues go way beyond just not having our star QB under center, there are MAJOR issues surrounding ALL facets of this team and even though the Colts may surprise us, the pre-season and all the patch working of players at key spots behind the scenes, a HC clearly getting frustrated, and all the injuries yet again leads me to believe that this current team and staff is once again a recipe for another lost season in regards to competing and wins and losses.

I'm not sure, from a fans perspective, where to go from here. Getting Luck back might equal a couple more wins but at the end of the day that's not going to take away from the fact that there are major issues regarding the consistent performance of players and coaching within this organization in practically every area of our team.

We as Colts fans have been used to consistent Colts teams under Dungy. Consistently winning, Consistently high motor effort, Consistent playoff appearances and disappointments for example. At least we knew some idea of what we we're going to get year in and year out.

With the current Colts teams under Pagano, the only consistency we seem to be getting is confusion about what we are going to witness week in and week out, from year to year.

That my Colts friends is not a good sign and it certainly isn't an enjoyable journey for us fans to CONSISTENTLY have to take.

I'd argue the only consistency we have had for the last three years is significant injuries. And a head coach who has taken scrubs and got them to win at least eight games against, lets face it, more qualified and talented teams. 

Chuck isn't a coach of the year candidate. He may never be one. But he's a proven winner. He hasn't had a single losing season. Can he take us to the promised land? Maybe, maybe not. But to say he can't win in Indy? 

He's won plenty of times.

I would say that I don't think the issue this year is the number of injuries (I doubt we would be at the top of that list in the league) but its more the fact that the injuries as we go into the season are to 3 of our 5 best players, which is unlucky in this scenario.

Also, we are still over a week away from the season even STARTING and, yes, we have injuries, but all 3 of those key players could, conceivably, be back by week 4 and, with those 3 games being winnable, we should be in a position that we can see how far Chuck can take us after that.

I am willing to give Chuck this season with an open mind and a fresh start as he is clear of Grigson and has been given a lot of new talent to work with and mould how he wants.

Once we see how that works out, we then make a judgement.  I understand where you are coming from, and frustration plays a real part in being a Colts fan these days (especially with some of the coaching decisions over the last few seasons), but lets see where we are come week 6 and go from there.

:coltslogo:

2 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Dungy?  How many years ago did he retire?

I think you are missing my point. I was giving an example of what we as Colts fans we're consistently used to seeing each year with the Dungy coached teams. You basically knew what you we're going to get. With the current colts teams under Pagano I personally never know what to expect 

30 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I think you are missing my point. I was giving an example of what we as Colts fans we're consistently used to seeing each year with the Dungy coached teams. You basically knew what you we're going to get. With the current colts teams under Pagano I personally never know what to expect 

Under Dungy you had a team that was well put together and Polian had time to get his method established.  Under Pagano, I know what to expect.  A winning team, when healthy, that has been producing well with very marginal talent.  Now we have a new GM who could be someone to fix a lot of issues, and unfortunately a coach who might not get the opportunity for the future with him.  I have been public on here that I am not a huge fan of Pagano, but i nit pick for the most.  He does not game plan well for me and I will always say that.....but he is more than a bad coach.  To say he has not done anything here is just a terrible statement that makes no sense.

2 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Under Dungy you had a team that was well put together and Polian had time to get his method established.  Under Pagano, I know what to expect.  A winning team, when healthy, that has been producing well with very marginal talent.  Now we have a new GM who could be someone to fix a lot of issues, and unfortunately a coach who might not get the opportunity for the future with him.  I have been public on here that I am not a huge fan of Pagano, but i nit pick for the most.  He does not game plan well for me and I will always say that.....but he is more than a bad coach.  To say he has not done anything here is just a terrible statement that makes no sense.

No where in what I posted states that Pagano 1) hasn't done anything while here 2) is a bad coach or 3) isn't capable of producing a consistent product. I stated he IMHO is snake bit. This means to me that in this current situation, whether you give him endless amounts of time or even the world's greatest players and staff the results would still be the same. That's the definition of snake bit. It just isn't meant to be with him at the helm. Its unfortunate as I wouldn't wish that on anyone in life, but some guys/girls no matter how hard they try just can't get over the obstacles in their way to no true fault of their own 100% of the time.

5 minutes ago, Indeee said:

No where in what I posted states that Pagano 1) hasn't done anything while here 2) is a bad coach or 3) isn't capable of producing a consistent product. I stated he IMHO is snake bit. This means to me that in this current situation, whether you give him endless amounts of time or even the world's greatest players and staff the results would still be the same. That's the definition of snake bit. It just isn't meant to be with him at the helm. Its unfortunate as I wouldn't wish that on anyone in life, but some guys/girls no matter how hard they try just can't get over the obstacles in their way to no true fault of their own 100% of the time.

I mean this is obviously your opinion and I cannot argue that.  With better talent I would be interested to see what he can do but he will not be awarded the time IMO. 

and most recently read this morning that Clark has been beaten out by some 5 year undrafted guy to start at right tackle. What?? Clark coming off last season, played great. everybody, fans and so-called experts alike, thinking coming into offseason we finally solved our RT issues as Clark showed massive promise and then.... he gets overtaking by the UDFA. What happened here? Right back where we started...still searching and it has nothing do with whether this UDFA will become an all pro, its about why did Clark suddenly fall off the map when his arrow was pointing up? This is what I mean, it just doesn't make sense no matter what reason we are given

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

I had posted a response in another topic stating that I believe Pagano is snake bit. I believe he just can't win here in Indy. Not necessarily because he's a bad coach or doesn't have the tools to be a successful one. He's not perfect, he's a good guy, but something just seems to be a miss and sometimes in Life it's just not in the cards for a person to be successful when all signs point to the opposite. You can try to find any excuse, and there are many, to why this teams seems out of sorts however at the end of the day this team as a whole just seems off and lacks Consistency of a positive nature.

Every NFL team deals with injuries, but as stated before, the Colts seem to deal with a lot consistently. That is the key here.

The coaching staff doesn't seem to be able to coach the players to a point of CONSISTENT success in their abilities. Point: The O-line. Improvements shown is fine however 3 years in and this issue is still in play. Consistent growth, chemistry, health, and continuity to formulate a winning/working combination has not solidified as I type.

Defensively, I personally liked the off-season moves and draft however the major problems still seem to be dogging this team. Stopping the run, pass rush, and secondary.

Most teams who make it to a championship game and loses, access the weakness of what held them back and pin point those areas the following year in effort to get over the hump. This team though has Consistently regressed into areas that we're formidable,  into a full blown train wreck, where we as fans are left scratching our heads in disbelief.

These issues go way beyond just not having our star QB under center, there are MAJOR issues surrounding ALL facets of this team and even though the Colts may surprise us, the pre-season and all the patch working of players at key spots behind the scenes, a HC clearly getting frustrated, and all the injuries yet again leads me to believe that this current team and staff is once again a recipe for another lost season in regards to competing and wins and losses.

I'm not sure, from a fans perspective, where to go from here. Getting Luck back might equal a couple more wins but at the end of the day that's not going to take away from the fact that there are major issues regarding the consistent performance of players and coaching within this organization in practically every area of our team.

We as Colts fans have been used to consistent Colts teams under Dungy. Consistently winning, Consistently high motor effort, Consistent playoff appearances and disappointments for example. At least we knew some idea of what we we're going to get year in and year out.

With the current Colts teams under Pagano, the only consistency we seem to be getting is confusion about what we are going to witness week in and week out, from year to year.

That my Colts friends is not a good sign and it certainly isn't an enjoyable journey for us fans to CONSISTENTLY have to take.

22 minutes ago, Indeee said:

and most recently read this morning that Clark has been beaten out by some 5 year undrafted guy to start at right tackle. What?? Clark coming off last season, played great. everybody, fans and so-called experts alike, thinking coming into offseason we finally solved our RT issues as Clark showed massive promise and then.... he gets overtaking by the UDFA. What happened here? Right back where we started...still searching and it has nothing do with whether this UDFA will become an all pro, its about why did Clark suddenly fall off the map when his arrow was pointing up? This is what I mean, it just doesn't make sense no matter what reason we are given

These are the things that Fans of Bad organizations will see. Some Fans have seen it for Decades. 

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I'd argue the only consistency we have had for the last three years is significant injuries. And a head coach who has taken scrubs and got them to win at least eight games against, lets face it, more qualified and talented teams. 

Chuck isn't a coach of the year candidate. He may never be one. But he's a proven winner. He hasn't had a single losing season. Can he take us to the promised land? Maybe, maybe not. But to say he can't win in Indy? 

He's won plenty of times.

The only problem I have with Pagano is his in game decision making.  

He does some boneheaded stuff.  

I know being an NFL coach isn't easy and making split decisions in a game is tough, but he needs to be better. 

23 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

The only problem I have with Pagano is his in game decision making.  

He does some boneheaded stuff.  

I know being an NFL coach isn't easy and making split decisions in a game is tough, but he needs to be better. 

Fully agree. Half time adjustments just aren't there. I'd also like to see our players more prepared for situations. If the players understand the situation, they can then execute more efficiently.

The infamous Patriots play is the prime example. Execution from the players was terrible. They didn't seem to understand what was going on. Pagano should have seen that the Patriots weren't going to bite and call the time out. He didn't. It no longer matters, it's in the past now. So I hope that this year we will see some improvement on that end. If not, well then so be it. 

16 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The infamous Patriots play is the prime example. Execution from the players was terrible. They didn't seem to understand what was going on. Pagano should have seen that the Patriots weren't going to bite and call the time out. He didn't.

Not really a good example. One player didn't know the play, and that didn't become apparent until he decided to snap the ball. He shouldn't have been on the field for that package, but that's on the STs coach, not the head coach. 

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Not really a good example. One player didn't know the play, and that didn't become apparent until he decided to snap the ball. He shouldn't have been on the field for that package, but that's on the STs coach, not the head coach. 

True. It's also a chain of command thing as far as leadership goes. But yes, probably not the best example. 

4 hours ago, Indeee said:

Here's a hint.....

It might just have something to do with the lack of talent on the roster?!    

That's just one one of a number of reasons why Ryan Grigson list his job.   Too many mistakes on player evaluation.

Just some food for thought...

26 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

True. It's also a chain of command thing as far as leadership goes. But yes, probably not the best example. 

It's a granular detail that the head coach wouldn't be aware of. To me, it's 100% on McMahon (and he's a really good ST coach, but that detail got away from him).

I do agree that attention to detail is something the coaching staff needs to improve on, top to bottom. 

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Cliff Notes: No consistency, It's all Pagano's fault, fire pagano!

No consistency yes... fire Pagano? No. this is not a fire Pagano thread, it's a thread about no POSITIVE consistency what-so-ever with these Colts teams over the past few years. At some point though the definition of insanity comes into play. in this case, witnessing the same things happen over and over again in regards to coaching up players, players succeeding consistently from said coaching that equates to positive things on the field of play. Where has this been the case CONSISTENTLY over the past few years. And I don't wanna hear small tid-bits involving a certain player or two or a game here and there where the Colts won against "good teams", because there are too many times this team has played down to lesser opponents and or lost to them. What is it seriously going to take until anyone reading this comes to realize this isn't working or is everyone okay with 1 step up, two steps back. I personally am not ok with it

8 minutes ago, Indeee said:

No consistency yes... fire Pagano? No. this is not a fire Pagano thread, it's a thread about no POSITIVE consistency what-so-ever with these Colts teams over the past few years. At some point though the definition of insanity comes into play. in this case, witnessing the same things happen over and over again in regards to coaching up players, players succeeding consistently from said coaching that equates to positive things on the field of play. Where has this been the case CONSISTENTLY over the past few years. And I don't wanna hear small tid-bits involving a certain player or two or a game here and there where the Colts won against "good teams", because there are too many times this team has played down to lesser opponents and or lost to them. What is it seriously going to take until anyone reading this comes to realize this isn't working or is everyone okay with 1 step up, two steps back. I personally am not ok with it

I'm not disagreeing with the lack of consistency and playing down to opponents....... but there's only one constant here, that being Pagano. So there's only one way to fix it

Just now, csmopar said:

I'm not disagreeing with the lack of consistency and playing down to opponents....... but there's only one constant here, that being Pagano. So there's only one way to fix it

I'm just frustrated... the defense has been bottom 4 in the league in all phases past 3 years and seems to be getting worse or plateaued in the same spot, the o-line gets shuffled every year, like 8 times a year, the running game is hit or miss, everybody is always hurt for at least a game or 2 if not more, Our star QB is close to being killed, if he's not already. I mean come on... It may not be Pagano but he is the one in control, he mostly picked the staff or at best works/directs them on a daily basis or at least should and it's up to him to make sure these players are coached up to play within their talent level and above it and I don't see that consistently, unless you count it being consistently negative.

3 hours ago, Superman said:

Sometimes I wonder if fans pay attention to other teams in the league. 

In all respect I could give a snot about other teams. I care about this team only and your response is just one more reason, just one more denial, just more excuse. What's it going to take??? for everyone on here including yourself to realize that this isn't another gloom and doom post, this is a PATTERN. Plug an old Player, same result, Plug a new player, same result, Plug a new staff, same result. Plug a new GM, remains to be seen, but looking like same result all wrapped up in a new excuse called NO QB for start of the season.. That's nonsense, yet it's all setting up that way once again. We all will sit around throughout the year and talk about how good "x player" looks and how "x player" has potential and how the Colts competed against "x team" and blah, blah, blah all the while under it all same crap last 3 years why not add a 4th, but it's okay cause other teams go through same stuff. You can't be serious...

9 minutes ago, Indeee said:

In all respect I could give a snot about other teams. I care about this team only and your response is just one more reason, just one more denial, just more excuse. What's it going to take??? for everyone on here including yourself to realize that this isn't another gloom and doom post, this is a PATTERN. Plug an old Player, same result, Plug a new player, same result, Plug a new staff, same result. Plug a new GM, remains to be seen, but looking like same result all wrapped up in a new excuse called NO QB for start of the season.. That's nonsense, yet it's all setting up that way once again. We all will sit around throughout the year and talk about how good "x player" looks and how "x player" has potential and how the Colts competed against "x team" and blah, blah, blah all the while under it all same crap last 3 years why not add a 4th, but it's okay cause other teams go through same stuff. You can't be serious...

Yep, it's amazing how other teams can almost all have several stars on offense and defense and the only thing that has held us together for the most part since 1998 was the QB position. We've had a few players here and there, but it seems our drafting has been mostly terrible, the coaching has been average, and the development of our players has been terrible as well (especially since 2012). That's not even mentioning the injuries that occur yearly to this team that are almost always worse than most other teams. The team needs a HUGE overhaul other than Ballard, from the HC and the Coaching Staff, all the way to the strength and conditioning staff. This team isn't any different than when Manning played as far as our philosophy of building around the QB, and Luck is no Peyton Manning. Ballard had a defensive draft, but who knows if it will make a difference. All we have to go on is blind hope, like every year, never any production or results or improvement.

6 hours ago, Indeee said:

Uh, we have a new leader. Ballard is a total reset.   Pipe down, be hopeful. 
 Pagano does get the players he is given to play hard. IMO. And we do have younger better players.
  Please give them a some time to gel. Go Colts!

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, it's amazing how other teams can almost all have several stars on offense and defense and the only thing that has held us together for the most part since 1998 was the QB position. We've had a few players here and there, but it seems our drafting has been mostly terrible, the coaching has been average, and the development of our players has been terrible as well (especially since 2012). That's not even mentioning the injuries that occur yearly to this team that are almost always worse than most other teams. The team needs a HUGE overhaul other than Ballard, from the HC and the Coaching Staff, all the way to the strength and conditioning staff. This team isn't any different than when Manning played as far as our philosophy of building around the QB, and Luck is no Peyton Manning. Ballard had a defensive draft, but who knows if it will make a difference. All we have to go on is blind hope, like every year, never any production or results or improvement.

I have a feeling that unless we win the Super Bowl, all that happens in January 

You're attributing to me a lot of nonsense notions, and I resent it. 

I've actually been criticized this preseason for being rough on the staff and the team, so miss me with the 'denials and excuses' junk. I don't think Pagano and his staff are doing a good job right now, and I've said so. I don't think Pagano is the coach we need to be real and consistent title contenders, and I've said so. Again, don't project all this stuff on me.

But your post is clearly missing perspective, and it's fine if you don't care about other teams, but acting like these issues are somehow proof that the Colts have something wrong with them is mostly ignorant, and it's lacking perspective.

For instance, EVERY TEAM suffers injuries. The Colts have been hit with some tough ones -- three of our best players are out right now, including our QB -- but so have other teams. The Patriots are the most well run team in the league, hands down, and they've lost two starters in the last week to season ending injuries, which is something the Colts have avoided so far. Injuries just happen, it's not a failure on anyone's part.

You're also being shortsighted and naive if you think that Pagano is going to skate by on an excuse related to Luck's injury this season. This is actually the best time to evaluate Pagano, when his star QB can't bail him out. How does the team plan in Luck's absence. Does the defense show improvement? How's his situational decision making? Is the team prepared, do they play hard, do they tackle well, are young players improving or regressing? None of that has anything to do with Luck, and failures in any of these areas will only be exacerbated by his absence.

At the same time, good work in these areas will show clearly, and it may wind up being proved that Pagano can coach this team into contention. I'm not holding my breath, but wouldn't that be a nice result? Wouldn't it be good to see this team and staff build momentum in Luck's absence, then take big steps this year and into next year to perform at a higher level? To me, that's best case scenario, because then we don't have to tear the staff down again. But if Pagano isn't that guy, then I'm certain he won't be here next year. 

You're welcome to voice your frustrations, but I personally find it somewhat offensive and condescending when people act like, if I don't run around screaming about how awful the 3rd teamers were in preseason, that I'm content with mediocrity and in denial. 

46 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I think the confusion and lack of consistency stems from Pagano in this way: The HC needs to see everything - from the big strategic picture, down through the tactics, as can be implemented by the coaching staff,  and how all those aspects get implemented as a team by coordinating individual players with strengths and weaknesses. Pagano doesn't seem to be able to see all that in sufficient detail, let alone communicate that in some intelligible way to the staff and players.

IOW, everyone - fans, front office, owners - seem to be demanding things from Pagano he just can't deliver - ever. He's not to blame for that, but he seems to be in the wrong position.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

You're attributing to me a lot of nonsense notions, and I resent it. 

I've actually been criticized this preseason for being rough on the staff and the team, so miss me with the 'denials and excuses' junk. I don't think Pagano and his staff are doing a good job right now, and I've said so. I don't think Pagano is the coach we need to be real and consistent title contenders, and I've said so. Again, don't project all this stuff on me.

But your post is clearly missing perspective, and it's fine if you don't care about other teams, but acting like these issues are somehow proof that the Colts have something wrong with them is mostly ignorant, and it's lacking perspective.

For instance, EVERY TEAM suffers injuries. The Colts have been hit with some tough ones -- three of our best players are out right now, including our QB -- but so have other teams. The Patriots are the most well run team in the league, hands down, and they've lost two starters in the last week to season ending injuries, which is something the Colts have avoided so far. Injuries just happen, it's not a failure on anyone's part.

You're also being shortsighted and naive if you think that Pagano is going to skate by on an excuse related to Luck's injury this season. This is actually the best time to evaluate Pagano, when his star QB can't bail him out. How does the team plan in Luck's absence. Does the defense show improvement? How's his situational decision making? Is the team prepared, do they play hard, do they tackle well, are young players improving or regressing? None of that has anything to do with Luck, and failures in any of these areas will only be exacerbated by his absence.

At the same time, good work in these areas will show clearly, and it may wind up being proved that Pagano can coach this team into contention. I'm not holding my breath, but wouldn't that be a nice result? Wouldn't it be good to see this team and staff build momentum in Luck's absence, then take big steps this year and into next year to perform at a higher level? To me, that's best case scenario, because then we don't have to tear the staff down again. But if Pagano isn't that guy, then I'm certain he won't be here next year. 

You're welcome to voice your frustrations, but I personally find it somewhat offensive and condescending when people act like, if I don't run around screaming about how awful the 3rd teamers were in preseason, that I'm content with mediocrity and in denial. 

My response was based solely on your words of "Wondering If fans pay attention to other teams", that is condescending for you to think we do not and nothing more. I don't follow you or your posts enough to know what you say or don't say about this team most times. It was your implication that clearly, I (a fan of football in general), must not pay attention to other teams as somehow making my opinion as absurd, that sparked my response as I stated, which I stand by 100%. And when the Pats keep on winning despite their injuries to use your example, my point will be proven even more, so I will bide my time even though my original point was not purely based on injuries but the club as a whole in all facets.

My response was based solely on your words of "Wondering If fans pay attention to other teams", that is condescending for you to think we do not and nothing more. I don't follow you or your posts enough to know what you say or don't say about this team most times. It was your implication that clearly, I (a fan of football in general), must not pay attention to other teams as somehow making my opinion as absurd, that sparked my response as I stated, which I stand by 100%. And when the Pats keep on winning despite their injuries to use your example, my point will be proven even more, so I will bide my time even though my original point was not purely based on injuries but the club as a whole in all facets.

You imply that because I don't think other fans pay attention to the league, it means I'm in denial about the Colts and don't care if they win, without any awareness of how I actually feel about the Colts right now. So, condescension abounds, from both sides, doesn't it?

I do think you're being overly alarmist, for several reasons. The injury stuff is just one example. And by the way, the Patriots will win more than the Colts for the same reason they'll win more than everyone else -- better roster and better coaching; they are the cream of the crop, use them as a measuring stick at your own peril. The point is that all teams have issues, but your OP shows an obvious lack of perspective in that regard. If you think that the Pats having a better year than the Colts will somehow prove your point, then maybe I don't know what your point is. 

More to the point, we just hired a new GM. The roster issues, the lack of development and the underwhelming performances are going to be addressed, no later than January 2018. Pagano needs to have a great season to stay. Half of the roster is in trouble if they don't perform. Ballard has what no one else does -- time. He will gut the entire building if he has to because he knows that Irsay will give him the time to rebuild it. And everyone in the building knows it, which is why Pagano has been gruff and visibly frustrated, it's why a handful of promising young players from previous seasons probably won't be on the team in 24 hours, it's why Dwayne Allen was traded, it's why Vontae probably won't be re-signed, etc. 

This won't be the Colts year, and I think we all know that. It is a critical year for everyone that Ballard didn't hire, and everyone on the roster outside of Andrew Luck. That might make it a not-so-fun year for you. But maybe everyone steps up and proves that they do belong on a championship caliber team. It's not even Week 1 yet, I'm not writing anyone off completely (except Rashaan Melvin, he has to go). 

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

You imply that because I don't think other fans pay attention to the league, it means I'm in denial about the Colts and don't care if they win, without any awareness of how I actually feel about the Colts right now. So, condescension abounds, from both sides, doesn't it?

I do think you're being overly alarmist, for several reasons. The injury stuff is just one example. And by the way, the Patriots will win more than the Colts for the same reason they'll win more than everyone else -- better roster and better coaching; they are the cream of the crop, use them as a measuring stick at your own peril. The point is that all teams have issues, but your OP shows an obvious lack of perspective in that regard. If you think that the Pats having a better year than the Colts will somehow prove your point, then maybe I don't know what your point is. 

More to the point, we just hired a new GM. The roster issues, the lack of development and the underwhelming performances are going to be addressed, no later than January 2018. Pagano needs to have a great season to stay. Half of the roster is in trouble if they don't perform. Ballard has what no one else does -- time. He will gut the entire building if he has to because he knows that Irsay will give him the time to rebuild it. And everyone in the building knows it, which is why Pagano has been gruff and visibly frustrated, it's why a handful of promising young players from previous seasons probably won't be on the team in 24 hours, it's why Dwayne Allen was traded, it's why Vontae probably won't be re-signed, etc. 

This won't be the Colts year, and I think we all know that. It is a critical year for everyone that Ballard didn't hire, and everyone on the roster outside of Andrew Luck. That might make it a not-so-fun year for you. But maybe everyone steps up and proves that they do belong on a championship caliber team. It's not even Week 1 yet, I'm not writing anyone off completely (except Rashaan Melvin, he has to go). 

That we can agree on, Melvin sucks. The Pats may be a measuring stick, however I don't believe their roster is virtually any better than ours at the ground level and overly better than most other teams. It comes down to coaching and execution. I'm a firm believer that any coach or coaches, if truly good/great at what they do, can take average talent and get them to play over their limit line. There are a few teams out there doing this, not just the Pats and where I would agree that Pagano has been a positive part, large or small, of that point a few times while being here, it has not been consistently enough for this team to be a contender year in and year out. That was my point at beginning of this post. Pagano tries and tries but It's not good enough and hasn't been good enough for a long time now and there has been way too many excuses made by everyone including myself along the way, not to recognize a pattern here without calling this guy a horrible coach, which he is not. He is unfortunately the head guy steering a rudderless ship, so naturally he draws the spotlight until that light is turned off and that ship crashes into the rocks. The waves are getting larger.

9 hours ago, Indeee said:

I'm not a Pagano fan but in my opinion Luck & Pagano both suffered under Ryan Grigsons miss management of the team I will reserve judgement until the end of the upcoming season .