Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

Just got back from a draft party so I couldn't share my initial thoughts.

Would I have wanted OG or Giles at 18? Heck yeah. But you can't be mad about TJ Leaf. I like his offensive game a lot. His defense on the other hand... :(.

Wow Paul George is more of a punk than I realized. Pritchard is openly saying that last Friday PG had his agent tell the team he wanted to be traded even though he had been talking with the organization about which players to sign this offseason to create a winning team.

That is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Wow Paul George is more of a punk than I realized. Pritchard is openly saying that last Friday PG had his agent tell the team he wanted to be traded even though he had been talking with the organization about which players to sign this offseason to create a winning team.

That is ridiculous. 

That's why I say bench him for the season no matter how petty it is

5 hours ago, MTC said:

I want Paul George traded ASAP. He's a snake. 

The word is LA offered the 27th and 28th pick to the Pacers, along with forward Julius Randle or guard Jordan Clarkson, in exchange for George.

I want the guy gone too but there is no way I trade him to the Lakers. I would keep him and let him walk before giving the Lakers his Bird rights. Personally I was growing tired of PG and his whining during the season. 

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

The word is LA offered the 27th and 28th pick to the Pacers, along with forward Julius Randle or guard Jordan Clarkson, in exchange for George.

I want the guy gone too but there is no way I trade him to the Lakers. I would keep him and let him walk before giving the Lakers his Bird rights.

The Pacers should have taken that offer.  

It would be a bad business move for the Pacers to refuse to trade him to the Lakers.   What good does it do them to screw the Lakers?   Not good if you are screwing yourself at the same time.  

• Like 1

I enjoyed the draft in general.  I did not enjoy what my Bulls did.  LaVine is a good player but coming off an ACL tear, Dunn has potential but couldn't even see the court last year and Markkanen is compared to another Mirotic.  The Bulls front office is unbelievable, easily one of the worse in the NBA.  I really liked Jimmy as a player, I think he'll do great things with Towns, Wiggins and Thibs, they'll make the playoffs next year.  The Bulls won't do anything until their front office is fired.  They'll be picking in the top 5 for at least the next 2-4 years.   I do hope LaVine comes back strong, Dunn proves himself and Markkanen turns out to be a better pro then what people are predicting but I am not to happy about this trade as a Bulls fan.  Then they drafted Dillon out out of Oregon and traded him for cash considerations so Luol Deng in theory got traded for $3.5 million lol.   I guess all Bulls and Pacers fans can look forward to rebuilding and maybe being competitive after LeBron retires and the Warriors are older. 

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I enjoyed the draft in general.  I did not enjoy what my Bulls did.  LaVine is a good player but coming off an ACL tear, Dunn has potential but couldn't even see the court last year and Markkanen is compared to another Mirotic.  The Bulls front office is unbelievable, easily one of the worse in the NBA.  I really liked Jimmy as a player, I think he'll do great things with Towns, Wiggins and Thibs, they'll make the playoffs next year.  The Bulls won't do anything until their front office is fired.  They'll be picking in the top 5 for at least the next 2-4 years.   I do hope LaVine comes back strong, Dunn proves himself and Markkanen turns out to be a better pro then what people are predicting but I am not to happy about this trade as a Bulls fan.  Then they drafted Dillon out out of Oregon and traded him for cash considerations so Luol Deng in theory got traded for $3.5 million lol.   I guess all Bulls and Pacers fans can look forward to rebuilding and maybe being competitive after LeBron retires and the Warriors are older. 

I want the pacers FO fired too lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

lmao you want everyone fired what else is new haha. I actually agree with you though, I think our Coach sucks too.

If they would just flipping see that we need a rebuild I would be fine and id give KP a chance but damn what we are doing is stupid 

We just need a whole new direction I get the feeling KP will be like bird 

• Like 1

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

If they would just flipping see that we need a rebuild I would be fine and id give KP a chance but damn what we are doing is stupid 

If the Lakers would give us Randle and Clarkson I would probably take it right now. Both of those guys are real young, they are inconsistent players but they don't suck. Both can score around 15 a game, Randle is 15/10 guy IMO. I think he and Turner could mesh pretty well.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If the Lakers would give us Randle and Clarkson I would probably take it right now. Both of those guys are real young, they are inconsistent players but they don't suck. Both can score around 15 a game, Randle is 15/10 guy IMO. I think he and Turner could mesh pretty well.

Yeah I would have took the 2 firsts and Randle packaged the picks to move up in the first 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Yeah I have no idea what the Bulls are doing, that wasn't good but the Pacers future looks pretty bad too.

• Like 1

So Pacers have four rookies on their roster:

PF TJ Leaf (1st round pick)

PF/C Ike Anigbogu (2nd round pick)

PG Edmund Sumner (2nd round pick)

PF Ben Moore (UDFA - partial guarantee) 

Along with Joe Young and Georges Niang, our summer league roster may be pretty good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I want the pacers FO fired too lol 

You know it's bad when a trainer comes out afterwards and says I've met better drug dealers than Gar Foreman and John Paxon.  I agree with you, I think the Bulls and Pacers both need to can their front office.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

You know it's bad when a trainer comes out afterwards and says I've met better drug dealers than Gar Foreman and John Paxon.  I agree with you, I think the Bulls and Pacers both need to can their front office.

Can we just bring back 1998 but let me win one as a fan for Reggie. That series was epic.

19 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He will follow the plumblee and Psyco T path right into the trash can 

I think he will be better than those two. Hes a very good shooter. My main issue with him is I'm not sure he fits with Turner. Leaf is a stretch four, but Myles Turner is basically a stretch four as well.

16 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think he will be better than those two. Hes a very good shooter. My main issue with him is I'm not sure he fits with Turner. Leaf is a stretch four, but Myles Turner is basically a stretch four as well.

He can't play D worth a crap 

18 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He can't play D worth a crap 

It's not a defensive league.  Pacers D was middle of the pack last year though in points allowed.  The only thing that bugged me was lack of coordination and confusion on the D front which I'm going to put on the coach.

3 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

It's not a defensive league.  Pacers D was middle of the pack last year though in points allowed.  The only thing that bugged me was lack of coordination and confusion on the D front which I'm going to put on the coach.

Let's face it, basketball died in the late 90s. It's all flash now a days, too many fouls called for the littlest crap etc 

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:16 AM, Luck is Good said:

You like to argue just to argue. It's common knowledge that the Pacers would've gotten a better deal at the deadline than right now

There is no such thing as common knowledge of something that didn't happen

4 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

WE insist on playing Myles at '5' but I agree with you

There are few post players to defend anymore..You dont need a '5' on defense

TJ Leaf is more '3' than '5' anyway

9 hours ago, MTC said:

So Pacers have four rookies on their roster:

PF TJ Leaf (1st round pick)

PF/C Ike Anigbogu (2nd round pick)

PG Edmund Sumner (2nd round pick)

PF Ben Moore (UDFA - partial guarantee) 

Along with Joe Young and Georges Niang, our summer league roster may be pretty good.

I like the pickup of Sumner...I dont know how we missed that last night

I dont know when he can play, though...maybe not until the season begins

11 hours ago, Myles said:

Pacers management is so bad they cannot even find someone who wants PG.  

They have offers..we just haven't taken one..

Friday night's rumor is that if Boston signs Hayward when Free agency begins in July, Paul George will join him and sign a multi year deal.

..we would get Crowder, Avery Bradley and Jayson Tatum.

But Hayward has not yet opted out of his contract

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

They have offers..we just haven't taken one..

Friday night's rumor is that if Boston signs Hayward when Free agency begins in July, Paul George will join him and sign a multi year deal.

..we would get Crowder, Avery Bradley and Jayson Tatum.

But Hayward has not yet opted out of his contract

Interesting