Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

....I know you're happy the franchise is in trouble..

...but at least he finally made it clear...Last Thrsday at the charity softball game..

..he said he was a Pacer for this year..

..... There was not deadline deal..

..we could not trade him to another east team...he has to go west

He was never gonna stay man. I don't know what else to tell you. The franchise wouldn't be in trouble had the Pacers traded him at the deadline like they should've

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Put names on the picks.  cant play picks

They are probably from 4 different years, hard to place names. But those are 4 players who could've helped us rebuild, which is essentially what we are going to do when PG leaves.

25 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I can't for the life of me understand why Phil Jackson wants to trade Porzingis. Hes one of the best young players in the league. 

He isn't happy in New York he has left meetings no reason to keep and unhappy worker 

• Like 1

https://www.celticsblog.com/2017/6/21/15851074/nba-trade-rumor-cavs-looking-to-trade-kevin-love-for-butler-or-george-boston-celtics

Before Griffin left, he created the framework for separate deals in which Love would go to a third team with a high draft choice Thursday, and in return the Cavs would get either Butler from Chicago or George from Indiana.

Two sources said work would continue Thursday morning in attempt to make something happen in the trade market.

• Like 1

But, give me four names..

Folks here say trade for picks..to develop a core./

Okay.......but picks have to become players ....who do we want? 

San who you want now..and don't just second guess Friday nights

Donovan Mitchell  (10)  TJ Leaf (18)

Caleb Swanigan (28) and Terrance Ferguson (29)

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

Butler has said wants to stay with the Bulls now that Dwayne Wade is coming back, too

But I would take Love for PG

He would fit very well with Myles Turner

Edited by oldunclemark

12 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

They are probably from 4 different years, hard to place names. But those are 4 players who could've helped us rebuild, which is essentially what we are going to do when PG leaves.

Its tomorrow....if the  Lakers trade down with the Kings (they think they can get Ball at 5) sell us on 3 No.1 for Paul.....which I think could happen

I know its a lot easier to just say four 'No. 1s' but as of tomorrow,,,there will be names on them and you may or may not like them as much as when they were just 'No. 1 picks'

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Butler has said wants to stay with the Bulls now that Dwayne Wade is coming back, too

Actually what this blog outlines is more of Love going to Boston since Boston has shown interest in Love in the past. And a sort of 3 team deal trade between Boston/Cleveland/Indiana-Chicago.

I don't know if anyone right now can work something out for Butler but if they did it's likely Boston since they got more assets then Cleveland clearly. Don't know if Butler will be moved anymore since it sounds like he told Cleveland no if you can believe any reports too.

But what this kinda implies is perhaps Boston gets Love, Boston gives Indy draft picks and then Cleveland gets PG. 

I got no idea if this could be worked out though.

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

We wouldn't get love he would go to Boston we would get the high pick 

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Actually what this blog outlines is more of Love going to Boston since Boston has shown interest in Love in the past. And a sort of 3 team deal trade between Boston/Cleveland/Indiana-Chicago.

I don't know if anyone right now can work something out for Butler but if they did it's likely Boston since they got more assets then Cleveland clearly. Don't know if Butler will be moved anymore since it sounds like he told Cleveland no if you can believe any reports too.

But what this kinda implies is perhaps Boston gets Love, Boston gives Indy draft picks and then Cleveland gets PG. 

I got no idea if this could be worked out though.

Hadnt heard that.

Boston would be helping the Cavs get PG......

I've read that the Cavs, Pacers and Atlanta would/could  do a 3-way.

..but you're right..folks are making stuff up at this point

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Hadnt heard that.

Boston would be helping the Cavs get PG......

I've read that the Cavs, Pacers and Atlanta would/could  do a 3-way.

..but you're right..folks are making stuff up at this point

All these 3 team deals are kinda whacky to read about. 

But Boston does have a great draft pick situation so I bet their phone is ringing a lot lately. lmao 

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

That's just what the dumb article said it's not gonna happen we are gonna get some % deal for PG 

And you would have to take that deal and love it too since at this point beggars can't be choosers all the time.

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah we will and it's really gonna suck 

At this point it would just be nice to see "a deal" happen to move PG no matter what it is since I can't see him playing in Indy next year when stores are already giving out free PG merchandise I read.

• Like 1

Just now, Jules said:

At this point it would just be nice to see "a deal" happen to move PG no matter what it is since I can't see him playing in Indy next year when stores are already giving out free PG merchandise I read.

Yeah he is hated here already no way he can play 

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah he is hated here already no way he can play 

He could also be moved still during the offseason and not just during draft time. But it would be better to get it done faster so everyone can get it over with. The longer this goes on the more frustrating it becomes.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

That was painfully funny.

They didn't even slash prices...or put PG stuff on sale..

They just put the PG-13 shirts on a card table and said:  Take as many as you want!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

and Mike was never the same after that!!!

That's why you cant base anything on 1 game. I can name a lot of players that failed miserably early in tournament play and turned out Very Good or Great. Andrew Wiggins is becoming a SuperStar and his last season in Kansas, he had a bad game early in the Tourney and Kansas lost. Same for players like Kevin Durant, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard - what did they ever do in the College Tourney? I just don't think anyone should base anything on 1 College Tournament or 1 game. Having said that I would Draft Fox 2nd if I was LA and if the Pacers had that pick I would want Fox but I think Ball will be a great Pro as well and better than freakin D' Angelo Russell.

1 hour ago, Luck is Good said:

I don't think there will ever be a next Magic Johnson. That's how I feel about a next Michael Jordan as well. Those are the two best players in NBA history. Those two will never be matched IMO

This we agree on 100% and by the way I like Fox better than Ball but I still think you cant go wrong with Ball. His dad is a bit of a distraction unfortunately.

• Like 1

If this is true, omg......how can some form of a trade not be worked out? lmao 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2717197-paul-george-trade-offers-reportedly-given-to-pacers-by-almost-all-teams

If the Indiana Pacers are going to trade Paul George before Thursday's NBA draft, they won't be short on options.

According to Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio, the team has "been contacted by just about every team, if not all." The team will now have to evaluate all offers before making a decision.

Maybe the Pacers just have to look through all the offers and make a decision.......

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

what would you guys do with picks 10, 18, 28 and 29?

..Put names on them. Who would you want?

10- Frank Ntlinkina, PG

18- OG Anunoby, SF

27- Harry Giles, C

28- DJ Wilson, PF

It's hard to really tell where these players will fall in the draft and which teams are interested but these players intrigue me. Who we draft also depends on other offers we could receive for PG.

5 hours ago, Jules said:

If this is true, omg......how can some form of a trade not be worked out? lmao 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2717197-paul-george-trade-offers-reportedly-given-to-pacers-by-almost-all-teams

Maybe the Pacers just have to look through all the offers and make a decision.......

Yeah it's not like we wont have a few decent offers, it would've been obviously better had it not been found out that PG wants to be a Laker and sign their long term. I still think teams like the Cavs, Celtics, and Clippers would love to have him on a year rental. I also think some of these teams that want to trade for him probably believe they can talk him into staying but it depends on how much they win next season.

• Like 1

I view PG as a Top 15 player in the league and I thought he should've made 3rd team All-NBA but he didn't. He would help a lot of teams that are already good. I don't think he is better than LeBron, Durant, or Leonard but IMO he is better than Butler and Hayward - I named guys that play his position, the league put Butler on the 3rd team.

15 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Reggie was robbed of his ring by the brawl , no one in the league measured up to the Pacers , they were hands down the best in the league

I had a small season package that year.  No team was better than the Pacers, and none meaner...(as we saw)

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I view PG as a Top 15 player in the league and I thought he should've made 3rd team All-NBA but he didn't. He would help a lot of teams that are already good. I don't think he is better than LeBron, Durant, or Leonard but IMO he is better than Butler and Hayward - I named guys that play his position, the league put Butler on the 3rd team.

Butler and Hayward play pretty hard out there...4th quarter Paul never cut it.  He did not even come out for warm ups when Vogel was here...he did with Nate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I had a small season package that year.  No team was better than the Pacers, and none meaner...(as we saw)

Detroit knew this and in that brawl game we were smoking them so Ben Wallace resorted to dirty shenanigans which caused the whole thing. I flat out hate the Pistons for that! Our best team IMO was 1998 though, we took Chicago 7 in the ECFinals and barley lost. Reggie was still in his prime and we had a Very Good frontline with the Davis brothers and Rik.

• Like 2