Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will have to agree to disagree. I think Ball will be much better than Russell, Fox will too.

I do agree, 6'6" point guards with ball skills and assist vision do not grow on trees. 

Fox is a better scorer but Lonzo has Jason Kidd skills, IMO. Magic knows more than anyone else how important it is for a young player to get others involved to make his mark on the team. Shooting can be worked on but getting others involved is not something that comes naturally, IMO. 

Unfortunately, Javar has more folks rooting for his son to fail and it is not fair to Lonzo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He will be better than Russell. Russell isn't that good at all and his attitude is poor. The only thing wrong with Lonzo is his dad's loudmouth, that has nothing to do with his play on the court. That trade Magic made is getting A grades by every Basketball site I have been on. They see the bigger picture, regarding Cap space and who the Lakers can Draft and Acquire.

Oh Jesus Chris! What did Russell ever do to anyone to be treated like the Nazi he became to the Lakers organization? My God. I know he isn't Kobe Bryant but then again neither was Kobe early on and Kobe relied mostly on Shaq. 

The Lakers have no patience for player development and Magic wants to go all Yankees with buying a team.

My God it was hilarious seeing how much Lakers fans hated on Russell but now are crying since he is gone. 

The only person who even liked Russell was Luke Walton. 

And Lonzo's play on the court btw sucks. He can't play defense, he can't shoot free throws and all he does is take uncontested 3's with strange wind up shooting mechanics. And in the tournament, Fox lit up the aazz of Lonzo Ball HARD. And before the game vs. Kentucky LaVar Ball told Fox he basically sucked.

And LaVar Ball blamed Lonzo's team for being too white when his own son is half white.

You know I don't even like the Warriors but I am going to LOVE to see the Warriors plop down 140 on the Lakers next year.

Yes brainpower is huge in L.A. right now.........have fun Paul George, hope you at least get a good beach house.

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

De'Aaron Fox could quite possibly be the best player in this draft. I've said I would draft him at #2. But Lonzo is gonna be a bust

Out of curiosity what makes you think he will be a bust? He had great stats last season at UCLA and has great court vision and seems to be a nice young kid. The kid gets way too much hate because of his dad. Yeah his dad is a goof but that doesn't mean Lonzo will be a bust, JMO.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Out of curiosity what makes you think he will be a bust? He had great stats last season at UCLA and has great court vision and seems to be a nice young kid. The kid gets way too much hate because of his dad. Yeah his dad is a goof but that doesn't mean Lonzo will be a bust, JMO.

I think he seems kind of like an arrogant little rich kid from Cali if you want my honest opinion. He's a brat. I was actually going to give him a shot too until I read LaVar Ball basically saying he chose his big tall wife over other women due to breeding basketball players.:eek: I wonder how that conversation went on the first date......

Anyway I think everyone kinda gets the feel of me when it comes to Ball so I will drop it. But my bandwagon ways for the Lakers are officially dead if/when they draft Lonzo Ball tomorrow night. I have more standards with the NBA then the NFL. I would root for the Colts even if they drafted Satan himself or had him as GM (which has happened btw here). But with the NBA I kinda float around a lot more. 

RIP Lakers. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He didn't show up in the most important game of the year. He was thoroughly outplayed by a fellow lottery pick in De'Aaron Fox. The NCAA tournament is an audition for draft hopefuls. You don't show up in the NCAA tournament, I have no reason to believe you'll show up in the NBA either

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

I think he seems kind of like an arrogant little rich kid from Cali if you want my honest opinion. He's a brat. I was actually going to give him a shot too until I read LaVar Ball basically saying he chose his big tall wife over other women due to breeding basketball players.:eek: I wonder how that conversation went on the first date......

Anyway I think everyone kinda gets the feel of me when it comes to Ball so I will drop it. But my bandwagon ways for the Lakers are officially dead if/when they draft Lonzo Ball tomorrow night. I have more standards with the NBA then the NFL. I would root for the Colts even if they drafted Satan himself or had him as GM (which has happened btw here). But with the NBA I kinda float around a lot more. 

RIP Lakers. 

I will drop it as well but once again you are quoting something rude that his dad said, it has nothing to do with Lonzo. I just think Lonzo is getting a raw deal from a lot of people because of his dad, to me that isn't fair. Regarding the Warriors they are going to drop 140 on most teams, I don't think having Russell on the Roster would've made a difference there. Lakers will be the cream of the crop in 3 years once the Warriors start losing players and get older. Wait and see.

4 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

He didn't show up in the most important game of the year. He was thoroughly outplayed by a fellow lottery pick in De'Aaron Fox. The NCAA tournament is an audition for draft hopefuls. You don't show up in the NCAA tournament, I have no reason to believe you'll show up in the NBA either

That's 1 game for Christ's sake LOL. Dan Dakich shut Michael Jordan down when IU beat NC in the Tournament in 1984.

That's 1 game for Christ's sake LOL. Dan Dakich shut Michael Jordan down when IU beat NC in the Tournament in 1984.

I knew you would bring up Michael Jordan lol. Michael Jordan had already proven himself. And there's a difference of being shut down and not showing up. Lonzo didn't show up when the lights were the brightest

• Like 1

I will drop it as well but once again you quoting something rude that his dad said, it has nothing to do with Lonzo. I just think Lonzo is getting a raw deal from a lot of people because of his dad, to me that isn't fair. Regarding the Warriors they are going to drop 140 on most teams, I don't think having Russell on the Roster would've made a difference there. Lakers will be the cream of the crop in 3 years once the Warriors start losing players and get older. Wait and see.

For the record it is near impossible to just analyze Lonzo himself alone since his dad has ALWAYS been involved with every little thing he has ever done. He was there all the time too when he was in high school and college around mingling.

I am not convinced at all that LaVar will stay away from the Lakers long term and avoid meddling. Not convinced at all since he clearly has a huge history of such.

Not to mention his garbage 90's hip off style BBB brand has created some havoc too getting his son actual endorsements and he has cost his son money already big time.

The damage IMO has already been done. Lonzo is a marked kid coming into the league. Every team will give them a good game since they hate them so much.

Lavar.gif

If the kid turns out to be a decent pro I will eat my words after a year or so but I am not expecting miracles.

But the Lakers ARE going to the playoffs next year btw since LaVar already said that if the Lakers draft his son then the playoff drought is OVER. 

Also, LaVar is trying to make as money IMO as he can with Lonzo since the other two sons (who he always wants to be Lakers) kinda suck bad.

5 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I knew you would bring up Michael Jordan lol. Michael Jordan had already proven himself. And there's a difference of being shut down and not showing up. Lonzo didn't show up when the lights were the brightest

Maybe it's the coach in me but Mr. Ball turned me off from day 1

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

MJ also though had big moments like this:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jules said:

For the record it is near impossible to just analyze Lonzo himself alone since his dad has ALWAYS been involved with every little thing he has ever done. He was there all the time too when he was in high school and college around mingling.

I am not convinced at all that LaVar will stay away from the Lakers long term and avoid meddling. Not convinced at all since he clearly has a huge history of such.

Not to mention his garbage 90's hip off style BBB brand has created some havoc too getting his son actual endorsements and he has cost his son money already big time.

The damage IMO has already been done. Lonzo is a marked kid coming into the league. Every team will give them a good game since they hate them so much.

Lavar.gif

If the kid turns out to be a decent pro I will eat my words after a year or so but I am not expecting miracles.

But the Lakers ARE going to the playoffs next year btw since LaVar already said that if the Lakers draft his son then the playoff drought is OVER. 

Also, LaVar is trying to make as money IMO as he can with Lonzo since the other two sons (who he always wants to be Lakers) kinda suck bad.

The attitude LaVar has shown never works and often cipomes back to haunt people

• Like 1

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

I can't for the life of me understand why Phil Jackson wants to trade Porzingis. Hes one of the best young players in the league. 

Stephen A said today that his sources are saying that it's a hoax put out by Kristaps and his camp to put the final nail in Phil's coffin. Who knows if that's true but that would be interesting to say the least

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think Ball will be a bust, but I don't think he will live up to his draft status or the crazy hype either. 

so the latest is that the Lakers want to trade down out of the '2'

...to get Sacramento's two picks in the top-10 (5 and 10)

..then they send us three No. 1s......10, 28 and 29 plus Randle or Clarkson (not both)

for Paul George..

has anyone else heard that..and..what do you think

Edited by oldunclemark

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Stephen A said today that his sources are saying that it's a hoax put out by Kristaps and his camp to put the final nail in Phil's coffin. Who knows if that's true but that would be interesting to say the least

Theres a report tonight quoting Phil that says something how trading him will be in best interest of the team. I don't get it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He could be the next MJ and many(including me) will/have been turned off by LaVar

I don't think there will ever be a next Magic Johnson. That's how I feel about a next Michael Jordan as well. Those are the two best players in NBA history. Those two will never be matched IMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

so the latest is that the Lakers want to trade down ut of the '2'

...to get Sacramento's two picks in the top-10 (5 and 10)

..then they send us three No. 1s......10, 28 and 29 plus Randle or Clarkson (not both)

for Paul George..

has anyone else heard that..and..what do you think

I would take it but my thoughts have been made pretty clear earlier

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I would take it but my thoughts have been made pretty clear earlier

No I agree with you.....obviously I love PG and wanted him to stay but if he doesn't want to be here..he's got to go.....and it has to be now

...He cant start the season with us.

I'm hearing things like we might keep him until the trade deadline..

...That's a nightmare..for the franchise

Just now, oldunclemark said:

No I agree with you.....obviously I love G and wanted him to stay but if he doesn't want to be here..he's got to go.

I'm glad you finally see the light haha. He should've been traded at the deadline

Just now, oldunclemark said:

No I agree with you.....obviously I love G and wanted him to stay but if he doesn't want to be here..he's got to go.

PG will probably get boo'd at home. That wouldn't be good for PG or the fans.

• Like 1

If the Lakers sent us the e No. 1s..(10, 28 and 29) and we picked 4 of the 30 best players....(we have 18)

..plus got a power forward like Randle..who is 22

...we could resign Teague and still have cap room (unless they stick us with Lual Deng to match salaries)

....Y'all know I think draft choics..(especially teens) are as reliable as lottery tickets..

...but I'd be okay with that

4 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I'm glad you finally see the light haha. He should've been traded at the deadline

....I know you're happy the franchise is in trouble..

...but at least he finally made it clear...Last Thrsday at the charity softball game..

..he said he was a Pacer for this year..

..... There was not deadline deal..

..we could not trade him to another east team...he has to go west

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

....I know you're happy the franchise is in trouble..

...but at least he finally made it clear...Last Thrsday at the charity softball game..

..he said he was a Pacer for this year..

..... There was not deadline deal..

..we could not trade him to another east team...he has to go west

I would've been fine with the Atlanta deal. They offered FOUR 1st round picks! Four!