Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

I keep getting so much garbage today from BR. . . . .  I don't know if 99% of it is just a hot mess of cluster #@)( material or if something is really going down. 

I think hes gone by Thursday. I just can't see how the Pacers can bring him back after these past few days. PG could seriously be boo'd at Bankers Life

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Well that would be 3x low first rounders (TOTAL 18, 27, 28) for the Pacers and a young Randle who avg 13.2 ppg and 8.6 rebounds and has progressively been getting better.  I guess that's a pretty solid start to a rebuilding process if they make it happen? 

Nope, not good at all. Late round picks aren't what we need.

14 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Now I just got a BR update saying that they're attempting to make a "Lakers are making Longer-Term play to clear space for both PG and Lebron."

This is just getting out of hand. 

Rumors are that Lebron will go to LA. 

• Like 1

Just now, IndyScribe said:

Nope, not good at all. Late round picks aren't what we need.

Rumors are that Lebron will go to LA. 

I'm not sure if any team in their right mind would trade anything better than 2x lower first and Randal for a one year rental.  Heck, Lakers could just wait a year and get him for free.  I guess at this point in time anything would be better than nothing.  Bird made a huge mistake not trading him last year when those alleged "monster trades," were in play. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I would love to get Randle in the deal. I think him and Turner down low would be fun to watch. 

I think Randle would be a good complement to Turner. Re-sign Teague and that's three starters. Then maybe start some guys from draft picks. I would love to see Donovan Mitchell at #18. Then #27-28, draft a wing and a big

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

I'm not sure if any team in their right mind would trade anything better than 2x lower first and Randal for a one year rental.  Heck, Lakers could just wait a year and get him for free.  I guess at this point in time anything would be better than nothing.  Bird made a huge mistake not trading him last year when those alleged "monster trades," were in play. 

PG should've been traded at the deadline and the Pacers will now pay the price for not doing so

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

They won't, but that doesn't make the offer any better. I'd rather not trade him if that is what the Lakers are offering. Some team out there probably can make a better offer. The two first round picks are essentially two second-round picks because of how late they are.

They won't, but that doesn't make the offer any better. I'd rather not trade him if that is what the Lakers are offering. Some team out there probably can make a better offer. The two first round picks are essentially two second-round picks because of how late they are.

Do you think that they could wait until playoff time and see if they can bait someone?  Or should they just go ahead and pull the trigger asap for the highest bidder? 

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Do you think that they could wait until playoff time and see if they can bait someone?  Or should they just go ahead and pull the trigger asap for the highest bidder? 

In your first case scenario, play PG 48 minutes every game and let him rack up all the stats. Some playoff team will think "he's on fire" and might be desperate enough to trade for him. I'd rather trade PG now to the highest bidder, which I hope is not the Lakers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

In your first case scenario, play PG 48 minutes every game and let him rack up all the stats. Some playoff team will think "he's on fire" and might be desperate enough to trade for him. I'd rather trade PG now to the highest bidder, which I hope is not the Lakers.

Yeah I hear ya!

40 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Now I just got a BR update saying that they're attempting to make a "Lakers are making Longer-Term play to clear space for both PG and Lebron."

This is just getting out of hand. 

This is about getting Mozgov off the books to give PG max money plus land a young Jimmy Butler next year or Blake Griffin to team up with Ball and PG, if one is still available. Griffin's contract does expire at end of 2018 season, right???

Lebron is not going to LA.

• Like 1

Just now, chad72 said:

This is about getting Mozgov off the books to give PG max money plus land a young Jimmy Butler next year or Blake Griffin to team up with Ball and PG, if one is still available. Griffin's contract does expire at end of 2018 season, right???

I believe you are right.  

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angeles-clippers/blake-griffin-6501/

Pacer value is going down like a brick in the sea. 

They have to get something.   At this point, a low 1st round pick would be good.   We are not going to the finals with PG next year and he is gone once the season is over.   A little something is better than allot of nothing.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Magic knows "Showtime", and Ball, PG and Griffin would definitely be "Showtime" with a lot of winning to start with even though it would be difficult to get past the Warriors in the West for the next few years.

Yep. That trade was to not only assure that the #2 pick stayed with them to draft the PG of the future but to open up cap space for a high profile FA next season to go along with said PG and Paul George. They'll be back to winning very shortly

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Magic Johnson getting a 29 year old Brook Lopez that can score and trading Russell who I think is overrated and getting rid of Mozgov's ridiculous contract is a great move for the Lakers. They have leverage because they have that #2 pick so they could trade Russell.

Yep. They freed up cap space to make a run at a big name FA in 2018. That trade screwed the Pacers.

• Like 1

Yep. They freed up cap space to make a run at a big name FA in 2018. That trade screwed the Pacers.

Yeah it's not looking good for us right now. Not sure what happens next? I keep saying I would deal with Boston just to see what they will give us. Maybe we have but I haven't heard anything.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it's not looking good for us right now. Not sure what happens next? I keep saying I would deal with Boston just to see what they will give us. Maybe we have but I haven't heard anything.

I'm not sure Boston wants to deal with us. There is no way they're giving up the 3rd pick, and they probably want Butler or George. Maybe the Trailblazers, Clippers, or Cavs would be willing to trade for him. I know people don't want Love on the team, but we can always play him then flip him at the trade deadline. 

1 minute ago, IndyScribe said:

I'm not sure Boston wants to deal with us. There is no way they're giving up the 3rd pick. Maybe the Trailblazers, Clippers, or Cavs would be willing to trade for him. I know people don't want Love on the team, but we can always play him then flip him at the trade deadline. 

I just refuse to trade with the Cavs. I'm not strengthening LeBron's team even more

• Like 2