Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like Clarkson too. I think he is just as good as Russell is at the moment. Russell may improve in time but Clarkson is proving he is a good player.

..and if the Lakers keep the '2'..and draft Ball....what's Clarkson going to do?

Just now, Luck is Good said:

If that's truly the case, I wouldn't deal with them

You know how it goes....as the draft approaches....

..something Magic will 'never' do might become something he might do

I'd take Ingram and Clarkson and they can keep the '2'.... Ingram's better than anybody in the draft.

We might agree to take one of their awful contracts like Tim Moskov or Lual Deng

2 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

I think Love is a good player too, but with him, we'd never have the chance to truly rebuild. He'll also probably leave in free agency. We'd probably be fighting for the 8th seed every season and a mediocre pick, which isn't what the Pacers need. Cavs aren't a good partner at all, which is why a third team(preferably with lots of young talent and assets) is needed.

You don't have to tank to rebuild.

I want a playoff team every year..

This insanity about not wanting to make the playoffs if just sports talk.. Teams cant act that way

2 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

Pacers were completely dumb for not taking 4!!! 1st round draft picks. That's a King's ransom

That's fool gold....Four 1st round picks..is 4 lottery tickets . could be 4 bench warmers

...and you have to match salaries anyway..That deal was impossible.

Understand that we have to take back salary nearly $20 mil.......when we trade Paul

12 hours ago, Myles said:

It's tough for the Pacers to do that.    Expecting a rookie, even if taken in the top 10, to make all star-like contributions is silly.   However, having that player on the Pacers would be huge for building this team.  

If they could pull it off, I'd rather them get a top 10 draft pick than a current player.  

Its tough...but you have to do it...

Nobodys tanking here...they'll be tanking in front of a half empty building.

Management is not going to do that

Rookies these days (1 and dones) are guys who come off the bench.....

Guys like Ingram and Randle are better than any rookies

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You know how it goes....as the draft approaches....

..something Magic will 'never' do might become something he might do

I'd take Ingram and Clarkson and they can keep the '2'.... Ingram's better than anybody in the draft.

We might agree to take one of their awful contracts like Tim Moskov or Lual Deng

I'd take Ingram and the #28

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

What if the Knicks join the trade talks?

Cleveland receives Paul George, Carmelo Anthony

Indiana receives Kristaps Porzingis, Tristan Thompson, 8th overall pick, NYK first round pick in 2018

New York receives Kevin Love, Monta Ellis/Al Jefferson

Indy can then look to send Thompson elsewhere (Boston?) for picks

Cleveland gets two stars.  Indy gets guys and picks for the future (plus a Turner/Porzingis combo would be fun to watch), New York gets rid of Melo and a disgruntled Porzingis and gets a younger Love to replace Melo.  They also add depth with Ellis or Jefferson

We'd be a playoff team and Phil Jackson would get fired

3 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

There's no way PG plays for the Pacers next season. Some deal will happen. Whether it's good or bad, I don't have a clue. But PG will be dealt. Just a matter of time

He has to be...

....Imagine him playing with everybody knowing he's going to LA next year....

He'd be booed and media would roast him

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

Do you guys think Kevin Love would be a good complement to Myles Turner? Assuming the Pacers do that. I don't but would like to hear other thoughts

I think Love would be a perfect compliment for Myles.

He can shoot the '3' and he can rebound (That's his strength)

As Myles defends the rim..Love would get the board

On offense...either can play the post or shoot

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

what's the deal with Donovan Mitchell?    What makes you sure about him?

Hard nosed player that can shoot the basketball. Pacers have needed that for years. My preference would be Malik Monk but he's gonna be picked in the lottery. Donovan Mitchell can ball

3 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Hard nosed player that can shoot the basketball. Pacers have needed that for years. My preference would be Malik Monk but he's gonna be picked in the lottery. Donovan Mitchell can ball

We have to get somebody like that.....perimeter scorer and defender

,our guards were too small and brittle

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Hard to say.  Atlanta's pick this year is 19.  Give them Paul George for a couple of years and you're getting three out of those four picks at 20 and beyond.  Is that really worth it?

Having two 1st round picks for the next 4 years would be huge.  

11 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Hard to say.  Atlanta's pick this year is 19.  Give them Paul George for a couple of years and you're getting three out of those four picks at 20 and beyond.  Is that really worth it?

4 first round picks would be great for building a team.   Whether using the picks or trading them, it would be huge.  

12 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

This insanity about not wanting to make the playoffs if just sports talk.. Teams cant act that way

id be ok with "rebuilding" at this point

the cavs and warriors were both lottery teams a few years ago.  curry was a lottery pick and so was klay.  durant was too for that matter. 

as for the pacers, paul george and turner were both lottery picks.  players of this caliber never come here in free agency.  history proves that

ive said this before, but when is the last time the pacers brought in a free agent that made an all star team or all nba?  dont think its happened, at least not in my life, its not about to happen now with a roster and coach like we have

• Like 2

14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Once again you are the only one wanting to stay mediocre by getting veteran players just like you were the only one who said PG wouldn't leave for the "below 500 Lakers" one day you might listen to others 

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

the cavs and warriors were both lottery teams a few years ago.  curry was a lottery pick and so was klay.  durant was too for that matter. 

as for the pacers, paul george and turner were both lottery picks.  players of this caliber never come here in free agency.  history proves that

ive said this before, but when is the last time the pacers brought in a free agent that made an all star team or all nba?  dont think its happened, at least not in my life, its not about to happen now with a roster and coach like we have

He thinks if we pick in the lottery again the team will leave Indiana and sucks for eternity also thinks no elite players will ever come from the draft again 

• Like 1

Doesn't happen often, but David West was a 2x all star before he came to Indy from NOLA

41 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Jermaine O'Neil was 7x all star Brad Miller made an All Star team and Detlef Shcremp did as well Jermaine and Miller came in via trades I don't remember how we acquired Detlef. West I don't think made one not sure. Those are the only Pacers I can remember not drafted by the team that were All Stars.

We never really hit the bottlom. The only top 5 picks I can remember are Smits Tisdale and The Rifleman. The only other top 10 pick I recall is McCloud. You have to go back to the 80's for those. PG was selected 10th even Reggie was outside the top 10 at 11th. 

I think regardless what happens with PG we are going to compete for a playoff spot this year. We make finish just short but we aren't tanking. I wouldn't want to you play to win with what you have always 

Things would be very different if PG had made the All NBA team We could have given him the super max. I don't think he would've walked away from $70M. I really think that's what fueled this.

I would be tempted to put a team together that could compete and see if he makes the All NBA team next year. We pushed Cleveland this season. I saw a mock draft day trade that had us bringing in Wes Matthews with the 18th and a player or 2 before all this. That would help get us in the top 4. 

Then make him leave 70M on the table. He  made All NBA 2013 2014 2016. The only time he didn't was 2015 due to injury. Then he was left off this year despite career highs in points and FG%. That doesn't sit right with me for a couple reasons. The biggest being it gives the media too much power. They select the All NBA team and essentially decide we couldn't pay PG. Anyone who follows basketball knew what was riding on that selection. 

9 minutes ago, Boilermaker said:

Doesn't happen often, but David West was a 2x all star when he came to Indy from NOLA

i didnt phrase that clearly enough

i meant we never signed one that made it after coming here.

west was good, but he only came here because we had a good core that was built through the draft.  his last all star appearance was back in 2008

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Jermaine O'Neil was 7x all star Brad Miller made an All Star team and Detlef Shcremp did as well Jermaine and Miller came in via trades I don't remember how we acquired Detlef. West I don't think made one not sure. Those are the only Pacers I can remember not drafted by the team that were All Stars.

We never really hit the bottlom. The only top 5 picks I can remember are Smits Tisdale and The Rifleman. The only other top 10 pick I recall is McCloud. You have to go back to the 80's for those. PG was selected 10th even Reggie was outside the top 10 at 11th. 

I think regardless what happens with PG we are going to compete for a playoff spot this year. We make finish just short but we aren't tanking. I wouldn't want to you play to win with what you have always 

Things would be very different if PG had made the All NBA team We could have given him the super max. I don't think he would've walked away from $70M. I really think that's what fueled this.

I would be tempted to put a team together that could compete and see if he makes the All NBA team next year. We pushed Cleveland this season. I saw a mock draft day trade that had us bringing in Wes Matthews with the 18th and a player or 2 before all this. That would help get us in the top 4. 

Then make him leave 70M on the table. He  made All NBA 2013 2014 2016. The only time he didn't was 2015 due to injury. Then he was left off this year despite career highs in points and FG%. That doesn't sit right with me for a couple reasons. The biggest being it gives the media too much power. They select the All NBA team and essentially decide we couldn't pay PG. Anyone who follows basketball knew what was riding on that selection. 

He's talking about FA coming here on there own not being forced here by a trade 

7 minutes ago, akcolt said:

the thing with this is PG says hes leaving, i dont think the super max deal is in his mind any more

still a possibility i guess, but that wont exactly put us in a good spot anyway.  way too much money tied up in PG13

8 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i didnt phrase that clearly enough

i meant we never signed one that made it after coming here.

west was good, but he only came here because we had a good core that was built through the draft.  he hasnt made an all star team since 2008

Regardless, West was hell of an acquisition and was a fringe all-star player in some of the years he played in Indy. In fact, you could argue he would've been an all star during a season or two in Indy if he played for a team in a larger market.

It show's Indy is capable of attracting quality free agents assuming we have a solid team together. Obviously, generally speaking, we're not going to attract any all stars/all nba players with a poor team..but that goes without saying 

30 minutes ago, Boilermaker said:

Obviously, generally speaking, we're not going to attract any all stars/all nba players with a poor team..but that goes without saying 

definitely true for the pacers.  apparently not for the lakers though

16 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

The Knicks aren't that stupid.

16 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

I would tend to agree. The Knicks are stupid but not that stupid. That would be inexplicably dumb

Phil Jackson is willing to trade Porzingis.  Never assume the Knicks will do something logical.  Pritchard, make this deal happen right now!!

22 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

What if the Knicks join the trade talks?

Cleveland receives Paul George, Carmelo Anthony

Indiana receives Kristaps Porzingis, Tristan Thompson, 8th overall pick, NYK first round pick in 2018

New York receives Kevin Love, Monta Ellis/Al Jefferson

We can even throw in the 18th overall pick to send to New York

43 minutes ago, Boilermaker said:

Regardless, West was hell of an acquisition and was a fringe all-star player in some of the years he played in Indy. In fact, you could argue he would've been an all star during a season or two in Indy if he played for a team in a larger market.

It show's Indy is capable of attracting quality free agents assuming we have a solid team together. Obviously, generally speaking, we're not going to attract any all stars/all nba players with a poor team..but that goes without saying 

We have brought in Mark Jackson Jalen Rose Chris Mullin Perkins McKey among others We aren't landing a top 20 guy in FA but we can bring in quality pieces by trade or signing 

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

Phil Jackson is willing to trade Porzingis.  Never assume the Knicks will do something logical.  Pritchard, make this deal happen right now!!

I would love to be wrong. Kristaps Porzingis to complement Myles Turner? Yes freakin please

definitely true for the pacers.  apparently not for the lakers though

That's why I said we're not going to attract any all stars/all NBA players with a poor team. It doesn't apply to teams like the Lakers because they're located in a big market and on top of that, it's SoCal.

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

If Phil Jackson trades Porzingis for Kevin Love, a late first, and a player past their prime making too much money, he is the dumbest person ever.

Just now, IndyScribe said:

It's happening. Pacers and Lakers are engaged in trade talks. What do you we get, realistically? I don't think the #2 is an option, but the #28 and other bad players isn't good for the Pacers either.

Pacers are adamant to acquire the #2 pick. That's the main hold up from what I'm seeing

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Pacers are adamant to acquire the #2 pick. That's the main hold up from what I'm seeing

Yep, and the Lakers are adamant in their refusal of the #2 pick. Something's got to give. I think Deng + the #2 pick makes too much sense, but I don't think the Lakers will do that trade.