Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

32 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

INDIANAPOLIS — An Indiana Pacers’ trade involving Paul George being completed before Thursday’s NBA draft doesn’t appear imminent. The Pacers, according to multiple league sources, are considering multiple trade offers for George, but the team doesn’t feel pressure to get a deal done by Thursday

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2017/06/21/trade-involving-paul-george-before-thursdays-draft-no-longer-imminent/416120001/

So apparently the Pacers are not interested in any draft picks for this draft.

Don't bother with that article. It's contradictory and smells like a last-ditch effort from PG's camp. PG will be gone soon. I don't see how it's possible for him to suit up and play again after everything that's happened. Pritchard still wants the #2 pick and that article is probably him asking for any last minute offers.

37 minutes ago, Myles said:

So apparently the Pacers are not interested in any draft picks for this draft.

It may not be that any team is willing to give up a decent pick for George. Why should they? He is under a one year contract and has already said he was going to the Lakers next season. If you were a GM of a team would you give up a pick knowing this?

8 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Don't bother with that article. It's contradictory and smells like a last-ditch effort from PG's camp. PG will be gone soon. I don't see how it's possible for him to suit up and play again after everything that's happened. Pritchard still wants the #2 pick and that article is probably him asking for any last minute offers.

Why should the Lakers give up the 2nd pick already knowing George is coming there after this season? They are in a rebuilding mode this season and they can afford to wait and hold the #2 pick and still get George.

15 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why should the Lakers give up the 2nd pick already knowing George is coming there after this season? They are in a rebuilding mode this season and they can afford to wait and hold the #2 pick and still get George.

Because the Lakers want him now. There's always the chance that we ship George to another team and he loves it there, or he goes somewhere like the Clippers and they end up forming the superteam. Lakers don't want that to happen. Imagine losing out on George and finding out that you only needed the #2 pick to get him. Fans would be infuriated. They also don't get his Bird's rights if he's not traded, so the contract situation is though. George has been shown to be flaky, and a year can change his mind. Yeah, he says he want to go to LA now, but how about in a year, after he's winning championships? They also don't know how he might hold up mentally. Based on the rumors, it seems like the Lakers are willing to give up the #2 pick, but want another lottery pick in return. Lakers have tried to move the #2 these past few days, so it's not impossible for them to trade it. I'm not saying we will get the #2 pick. We probably won't. However, the Lakers offer is literally nothing. I'd much rather trade George to another team for whatever they have to offer. Lakers don't have a 2018 pick, so they might as well compete instead of tanking and giving the Celtics a better draft position. It also means they can build their superteam a lot earlier. 

17 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It may not be that any team is willing to give up a decent pick for George. Why should they? He is under a one year contract and has already said he was going to the Lakers next season. If you were a GM of a team would you give up a pick knowing this?

Yes. Plenty of teams are interested in one year rentals. What's more important, a championship, or a mid to late round pick? There's interest from playoff teams- they want George. Whether they have anything to entice us is a different story.

23 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Because the Lakers want him now. There's always the chance that we ship George to another team and he loves it there, or he goes somewhere like the Clippers and they end up forming the superteam. Lakers don't want that to happen. Imagine losing out on George and finding out that you only needed the #2 pick to get him. Fans would be infuriated. They also don't get his Bird's rights if he's not traded, so the contract situation is though. George has been shown to be flaky, and a year can change his mind. Yeah, he says he want to go to LA now, but how about in a year, after he's winning championships? They also don't know how he might hold up mentally. Based on the rumors, it seems like the Lakers are willing to give up the #2 pick, but want another lottery pick in return. Lakers have tried to move the #2 these past few days, so it's not impossible for them to trade it. I'm not saying we will get the #2 pick. We probably won't. However, the Lakers offer is literally nothing. I'd much rather trade George to another team for whatever they have to offer. Lakers don't have a 2018 pick, so they might as well compete instead of tanking and giving the Celtics a better draft position. It also means they can build their superteam a lot earlier. 

Yes. Plenty of teams are interested in one year rentals. What's more important, a championship, or a mid to late round pick? There's interest from playoff teams- they want George. Whether they have anything to entice us is a different story.

If that was the case it would be done. So far it isn't.

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Contrary to some reports, #Cavs still in on Paul George, I'm told. Again, #Pacers said to be hopeful of moving George by tomorrow at latest.

I hate to say this but trading with the Cavs might be the better trade. Assume the Pacers get Kevin Love to pair alongside Myles Turner. He's a far better player than either Julius Randle or Jordan Clarkson. And with the #18 pick, draft Donovan Mitchell to help with the shooting. Then you re-sign Jeff Teague. Four starters right there in Teague, Mitchell, Love and Turner. I absolutely hate strengthening LeBron's team but it might be the better trade

32 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I hate to say this but trading with the Cavs might be the better trade. Assume the Pacers get Kevin Love to pair alongside Myles Turner. He's a far better player than either Julius Randle or Jordan Clarkson. And with the #18 pick, draft Donovan Mitchell to help with the shooting. Then you re-sign Jeff Teague. Four starters right there in Teague, Mitchell, Love and Turner. I absolutely hate strengthening LeBron's team but it might be the better trade

I think if PG goes to Cleveland it will be a 3 team trade I doubt KP wants Love

8 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Either way, I just don't want a deal with the Lakers that doesn't involve the #2 pick and/or Brandon Ingram. Magic can kiss my *

Why would the Lakers give up anything at this point when they already know George will be joining them next season?

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why would the Lakers give up anything at this point when they already know George will be joining them next season?

Magic probably wont give up the #2 or Ingram but lets say for example the Celtics trade with us by giving us several future 1st Round picks and a player like Bradley. PG goes to Boston and loves it there. They make the Finals and he is surrounded by a great Coach and solid players and changes his tune and re-signs with them, then the Lakers lose out on PG. Another scenario is, what if Blake Griffin agrees to a sign and trade for PG, PG ends up in LA playing with CP3 and Jordan and loves it, he may re-sign with them as well. Lakers better not play it too safe. PG could change his mind next summer.

22 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I've said that too. Lakers would be foolish to give up much since PG will be there next season. Which is why I don't wanna trade with them

Not sure you can believe most of what you hear. I mean now reports are that Boston might be taking Jayson Tatum with the third pick.

From what I keep hearing too, the Lakers probably ARE taking Lonzo Ball with the second pick which is who Magic Johnson wants. So getting that second pick is going to be tough.

If any trades do happen it will be late tonight or tomorrow during the draft so stay tuned.........

I still think Cleveland is in play with the Pacers but with the GM leaving it makes things a bit more cloudy. Some claim that GM was going to get ultra aggressive with trades, while Dan Gilbert panicked since he is afraid to lose key players if Lebron leaves next summer again.

Also, some claim on Cavs radio they are saying Jimmy Butler prefers Chicago to Cleveland and that Lebron still really wants Paul George. Problem is, the idea of Kevin Love may not be enough which is why some speculate YES that the old offer "maybe" by the ex GM included dangling even Kyrie Irving on the trade block and thats why he is gone.

But really what the hell can you believe?

Apparently JR Smith even went on twitter earlier and said he don't know what anyone has heard but that he isn't leaving Cleveland.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Problem is we aren't dealing Jim Buss and long in the tooth Mitch Kupchak. We are dealing with Magic who has a strong vision in rebuilding the Lakers to a powerhouse.

Magic is kinda dumb. I think the Lakers should have kept their young core and kept building and developing it. Instead he wants BIG NAMES Y'ALL and to go back to titles which can be complete boom or bust. Nothing the Lakers can add too is going to beat the Warriors in the next few years which does include PG and Lebron IMO. The Warriors are still going to be better coached, better run and more talented with more depth.

8 minutes ago, Jules said:

Magic is kinda dumb. I think the Lakers should have kept their young core and kept building and developing it. Instead he wants BIG NAMES Y'ALL and to go back to titles which can be complete boom or bust. Nothing the Lakers can add too is going to beat the Warriors in the next few years which does include PG and Lebron IMO. The Warriors are still going to be better coached, better run and more talented with more depth.

Paul George is only 27 and you can build a team around him, Ingram and Randle are young building pieces too. Are you a Russell fan? I personally didn't like him, I thought his leadership was poor and he was a poor Defender as well. He also shot a lousy % from the field. I think the Lakers trade was excellent, they got rid of Mozgov's contract which creates tons of Salary Cap space and they acquired a Good Center that can score in Lopez who is only 29. Russell was expendable because with #2 pick they can take Ball or Fox. I know you hate Ball but trust me on this, he will be a better Pro than Russell and it wont even be close. I like Ball, I just don't care for his dad's shenanigans. I would prefer Fox but either is fine for that team.

40 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

He told you 2 or three times already if he gets traded to Cleveland he could easily change his mind if he wins a title or if we trade him to the Clippers who were his favorite team growing up and is in the same place and they are better then the Lakers too 

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He told you 2 or three times already if he gets traded to Cleveland he could easily change his mind if he wins a title or if we trade him to the Clippers who were his favorite team growing up and is in the same place and they are better then the Lakers too 

And I will repeat it two or three times.

All these rumors and trades are nothing but medias way of making themselves seem like they know something and they don't. They will find out the same time we do, after something is done. We all know according to the media there are only two or three teams in the NBA that matter to them and one of them are the Lakers.

23 minutes ago, Jules said:

Well anything is possible since Magic is already proving to be a stupid GM with his trade yesterday.

He obviously did that trade to not only free up cap space but to draft the PG of the future at #2. Lonzo is gonna be a bust so no future there haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

And I will repeat it two or three times.

All these rumors and trades are nothing but medias way of making themselves seem like they know something and they don't. They will find out the same time we do, after something is done. We all know according to the media there are only two or three teams in the NBA that matter to them and one of them are the Lakers.

Yeah they know nothing at all 

12 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

He obviously did that trade to not only free up cap space but to draft the PG of the future at #2. Lonzo is gonna be a bust so no future there haha

LaVar Ball has already proclaimed that his son is going to be better then Steph Curry. What could POSSIBLY go wrong there? Warriors are going to beat the ever loving crap out of the Lakers next year if they get Ball and oddly enough I will enjoy it..........

• Like 2

Just now, Jules said:

LaVar Ball has already proclaimed that his son is going to be better then Steph Curry. What could POSSIBLY go wrong there? Warriors are going to beat the ever loving crap out of the Lakers next year if they get Ball and oddly enough I will enjoy it..........

Oh yeah, me too!!! :) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah they know nothing at all 

You make throw all the sarcastic things you want but any media person wants to be the first to break any story so they all throw stuff up just taking a chance they might be right. .

Just now, chad72 said:

Lavar Ball has naked pictures of Magic that keeps him from trading the #2 pick and from not drafting Lonzo Ball. #Kidding :) 

I been saying for months that LaVar must have some sort of blackmail thing going on against Magic Johnson. Some compromising sex tapes of Magic in his past prime days or something.

I hope like hell the Lakers do turn him down though in the end since I have heard some are fighting Magic against Ball. And if the Lakers want to get Lebron next summer, well LaVar and Lebron have already gone at it pretty good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jules said:

I think it'd be absolutely hilarious if the Lakers didn't draft Lonzo. I wouldn't stop laughing. Lavar would have an aneurism

14 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

He will be better than Russell. Russell isn't that good at all and his attitude is poor. The only thing wrong with Lonzo is his dad's loudmouth, that has nothing to do with his play on the court. That trade Magic made is getting A grades by every Basketball site I have been on. They see the bigger picture, regarding Cap space and who the Lakers can Draft and Acquire.

Just now, Luck is Good said:

I think it'd be absolutely hilarious if the Lakers didn't draft Lonzo. I wouldn't stop laughing. Lavar would have an aneurism

They would have to quickly have Staples Center on lock down if the Lakers didn't draft Lonzo or even gave the pick to Indy tomorrow.

I already have this vision in my head too of Jack Nicholson being kicked out of his chair by LaVar Ball next season and the two of them having a brawl.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He will be better than Russell. Russell isn't that good at all and his attitude is poor. The only thing wrong with Lonzo is his dad's loudmouth, that has nothing to do with his play on the court. That trade Magic made is getting A grades by every Basketball site I have been on. They see the bigger picture, regarding Cap space and who the Lakers can Draft and Acquire.

It was a good trade from a cap perspective. Lonzo won't be better than D'Angelo though

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

I been saying for months that LaVar must have some sort of blackmail thing going on against Magic Johnson. Some compromising sex tapes of Magic in his past prime days or something.

I hope like hell the Lakers do turn him down though in the end since I have heard some are fighting Magic against Ball. And if the Lakers want to get Lebron next summer, well LaVar and Lebron have already gone at it pretty good.

Lebron is a hero for life in Cleveland, it is home for his wife. More to lose than gain by jumping ship to LA during the home stretch of his career. Not happening, IMO.

Magic would rather add Griffin, about 5 years younger than Lebron to the Ball, PG mix and have a 4 to 5 plus year nucleus instead of worrying if Lebron will jump ship again later, just like D.Wade did to get close to home towards the end of his career. 

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

The Warriors are going to beat everyone anyway for the next 2 or 3 years. Magic is building for the future more than anything, PG will only be 30 in 3 years and players like Ingram and Ball will be vet ready by then.

Just now, Jules said:

They would have to quickly have Staples Center on lock down if the Lakers didn't draft Lonzo or even gave the pick to Indy tomorrow.

I already have this vision in my head too of Jack Nicholson being kicked out of his chair by LaVar Ball next season and the two of them having a brawl.

I don't hate the Lakers but Lonzo would probably give me good reason

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will have to agree to disagree. I think Ball will be much better than Russell, Fox will too.

De'Aaron Fox could quite possibly be the best player in this draft. I've said I would draft him at #2. But Lonzo is gonna be a bust

• Like 1