Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

4 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

There is one thing that gives me hope when this comes up.  Atlanta offered 4 first round picks for George at the deadline, and Denver apparently offered a huge deal too.  Even at the deadline, it was pretty well known that George wanted to play for LA.  So if teams knew George wanted to go to LA and still made those big offers back then, what's to stop someone from doing the same here?

I don't think any team will offer that much again, but I could see playoff teams wanting to trade for him and giving the Pacers something decent in return. 

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Pacers were completely dumb for not taking 4!!! 1st round draft picks. That's a King's ransom

Hard to say.  Atlanta's pick this year is 19.  Give them Paul George for a couple of years and you're getting three out of those four picks at 20 and beyond.  Is that really worth it?

16 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Hard to say.  Atlanta's pick this year is 19.  Give them Paul George for a couple of years and you're getting three out of those four picks at 20 and beyond.  Is that really worth it?

Possibly. Lottery picks would obviously be better but four 1st round picks is quite a bit. I'm really interested in this draft Thursday. The two players I would want the most are Fox and Monk. Both of them are lottery picks so probably not gonna happen. After that, is Donovan Mitchell. He'd be a great pick. Tough nosed player who can shoot the ball. Need a shooter in the worst way

Lakers could panic because there is a possibility if George gets traded to the Clippers, a Blake Griffin for PG sign and trade type scenario that PG could be convinced to sign long term there. With Jerry West there in LA anything is possible, it's not the Lakers but it is still LA and he would be playing with CP3 and Jordan. Also if the Celtics trade with us and don't give up much, he would then be on a team that could make the Finals, he could at that point re-sign with the Celtics. Stevens may convince him to stay. Magic Johnson may have to make an offer, something like Randle and Clarkson and their 28th pick to assure he gets PG, being on the safe side, Lakers still keep the #2 and Russell and Ingram so that isn't a bad deal for them at all. We would be getting 2 young players that are decent + another Round 1 pick. I was hearing a lot of this on JMV earlier and JMV is pretty accurate most of the time. Latest word on PG possibly being dealt to the Cavs is that door is shutting, Cavs are now more interested in Jimmy Butler from what JMV was saying.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lakers could panic because there is a possibility if George gets traded to the Clippers, a Blake Griffin for PG sign and trade type scenario that PG could be convinced to sign long term there. With Jerry West there in LA anything is possible, it's not the Lakers but it is still LA and he would be playing with CP3 and Jordan. Also if the Celtics trade with us and don't give up much, he would then be on a team that could make the Finals, he could at that point re-sign with the Celtics. Stevens may convince him to stay. Magic Johnson may have to make an offer, something like Randle and Clarkson and their 28th pick to assure he gets PG, being on the safe side, Lakers still keep the #2 and Russell and Ingram so that isn't a bad deal for them at all. We would be getting 2 young players that are decent + another Round 1 pick. I was hearing a lot of this on JMV earlier and JMV is pretty accurate most of the time. Latest word on PG possibly being dealt to the Cavs is that door is shutting, Cavs are now more interested in Jimmy Butler from what JMV was saying.

Cavs have been looking for a third team to get a Jimmy Butler trade done. That's the word today. There's no way in hell PG is going to the Clippers. I don't care if it's still LA. He's not going there before the Lakers. And I don't really like that deal with the Lakers. I don't want any part of a trade with them that doesn't include #2 pick and/or Brandon Ingram

1 hour ago, IndyScribe said:

Cleveland might be best for PG, but there are probably other teams with better offers, like Portland. I don't think he wants to play with Lonzo so much as he wants to play in LA. 

I know PG wants L.A. bad but he is starting to come across as a bit of a bratty diva now too. Just my view on things.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Cavs have been looking for a third team to get a Jimmy Butler trade done. That's the word today. There's no way in hell PG is going to the Clippers. I don't care if it's still LA. He's not going there before the Lakers. And I don't really like that deal with the Lakers. I don't want any part of a trade with them that doesn't include #2 pick and/or Brandon Ingram

I would prefer Ingram and the #28, just reporting what I have been hearing.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would prefer Ingram and the #28, just reporting what I have been hearing.

Yes I've seen that being tossed around. I'm just saying I'm not entertaining a deal with the Lakers that doesn't include the #2 pick and/or Brandon Ingram

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

I know PG wants L.A. bad but he is starting to come across as a bit of a bratty diva now too. Just my view on things.

I have been hearing the Lakers are leaning toward drafting Ball, what do you think about that? I don't care for his dad too much but I do think Ball will pan out and be a solid Pro. He could end up being a taller version of CP3 because of his court vision and his willingness to score in crunch time.  He and PG together might work in LA. If PG goes to the Lakers he will attract other Free Agents too in the summer of 2018. Lakers might have a great team again in a couple of years.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been hearing the Lakers are leaning toward drafting Ball, what do you think about that? I don't care for his dad too much but I do think Ball will pan out and be a solid Pro. He could end up being a taller version of CP3 because of his court vision and his willingness to score in crunch time.  He and PG together might work in LA. If PG goes to the Lakers he will attract other Free Agents too in the summer of 2018. Lakers might have a great team again in a couple of years.

I wouldn't touch Lonzo Ball with a 100 foot pole

5 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

What if the Knicks join the trade talks?

Cleveland receives Paul George, Carmelo Anthony

Indiana receives Kristaps Porzingis, Tristan Thompson, 8th overall pick, NYK first round pick in 2018

New York receives Kevin Love, Monta Ellis/Al Jefferson

Indy can then look to send Thompson elsewhere (Boston?) for picks

Cleveland gets two stars.  Indy gets guys and picks for the future (plus a Turner/Porzingis combo would be fun to watch), New York gets rid of Melo and a disgruntled Porzingis and gets a younger Love to replace Melo.  They also add depth with Ellis or Jefferson

The Knicks aren't that stupid.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

He's always been a diva. He thinks he's hot * and he hasn't done *

Everyone needs to let their anger out now. lmao 

Honestly yeah he is acting like he is freaking Michael Jordan in his prime right now.

"Whaaaaaaaa I wanna be a Laker wahhhhhhhhhhh I want to be in Cali."  He makes me want to play the song by LL Cool J, "I'm going back to Cali."

Like whoever gets PG is gonna be swimming in championships. He's a great player but come on........

6 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Yes I've seen that being tossed around. I'm just saying I'm not entertaining a deal with the Lakers that doesn't include the #2 pick and/or Brandon Ingram

Magic already said no to Ingram being traded.

And if the Lakers do not draft Ball I think LaVar is going to have a death threat placed on Magic Johnson.

In fact it has seemed like the Ball family ONLY has been into the Lakers. They may have worked out for someone else, not sure but they pretty much have only focused on the Lakers. The Ball family even told Boston to screw off basically.

But with the Ball family it almost sounds like serious black mail at times "The Lakers WILL draft my son and they WILL love them."

And......omg...........LaVar wants the Lakers to take his next two sons sometime later on.:pokerface: He even some have said claims he hopes his sons don't get drafted (and they suck) since he wants to somehow get them on the Lakers in some way without the draft.

I don't want to get started on Ball but I will.

Honestly I CANNOT STAND LONZO BALL. Just to be honest I think he is a huge piece of spoiled rich kid crap. Those shoes too........omg.........:argh: They are like 500 dollar rip offs of Kobe's old shoes too.

Some claim Lonzo's upside is being the next Jason Kidd. I feel bad for Jason Kidd now.

His father is a piece of garbage on fire but I won't even go there. I think LaVar is clinically insane ever since I read he picked his wife since she was big and tall and was good for "breeding basketball players.":eek:

I did see enough Lonzo when he was in college and I did watch his highlight tapes and is it me or does that guy just take uncontested 3's? He never does much else......Lonzo's shooting mechanics are bizarre too. Kind of a slow wind up form where he shoots to one side that well apparently is "Balleriffic."

And dude.........they even compare him to a young Magic Johnson.:facepalm: Mostly due to Lonzo's apparent "stellar passing and vision."

I thought the PG/Ball combo sounded bad but maybe the ego thing could work here. I mean they could party it up in some mansion in L.A. with the homies and celebs and tell each other how great they are as they lose to the Warriors every year.

If he does end up being a solid pro I will eat my words and say I was wrong. But he is already a marked player heading into the league. His dad has made him soooooooo hated. Every team sadly will give L.A. a good game now. 

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Honestly yeah he is acting like he is freaking Michael Jordan in his prime right now.

"Whaaaaaaaa I wanna be a Laker wahhhhhhhhhhh I want to be in Cali."  He makes me want to play the song by LL Cool J, "I'm going back to Cali."

Like whoever gets PG is gonna be swimming in championships. He's a great player but come on........

And if the Lakers do not draft Ball I think LaVar is going to have a death threat placed on Magic Johnson.

In fact it has seemed like the Ball family ONLY has been into the Lakers. They may have worked out for someone else, not sure but they pretty much have only focused on the Lakers. The Ball family even told Boston to screw off basically.

But with the Ball family it almost sounds like serious black mail at times "The Lakers WILL draft my son and they WILL love them."

And......omg...........LaVar wants the Lakers to take his next two sons sometime later on.:pokerface: He even some have said claims he hopes his sons don't get drafted (and they suck) since he wants to somehow get them on the Lakers in some way without the draft.

Honestly I CANNOT STAND LONZO BALL. Just to be honest I think he is a huge piece of spoiled rich kid crap. Those shoes too........omg.........:argh: They are like 500 dollar rip offs of Kobe's old shoes too.

Some claim Lonzo's upside is being the next Jason Kidd. I feel bad for Jason Kidd now.

His father is a piece of garbage on fire but I won't even go there. I think LaVar is clinically insane ever since I read he picked his wife since she was big and tall and was good for "breeding basketball players.":eek:

I did see enough Lonzo when he was in college and I did watch his highlight tapes and is it me or does that guy just take uncontested 3's? He never does much else......Lonzo's shooting mechanics are bizarre too. Kind of a slow wind up form where he shoots to one side that well apparently is "Balleriffic."

And dude.........they even compare him to a young Magic Johnson.:facepalm: Mostly due to Lonzo's apparent "stellar passing and vision."

I thought the PG/Ball combo sounded bad but maybe the ego thing could work here. I mean they could party it up in some mansion in L.A. with the homies and celebs and tell each other how great they are as they lose to the Warriors every year.

If he does end up being a solid pro I will eat my words and say I was wrong. But he is already a marked player heading into the league. His dad has made him soooooooo hated. Every team sadly will give L.A. a good game now. 

You can't always take a GM or Owner at their words. At times, it's the equivalent to coach speak. If Magic really wants PG right now, he'll give up Brandon Ingram. I also share your hatred for Lonzo Ball and his dumb dad. $495 for shoes is absolutely ridiculous. I'd get LeBron shoes before Lonzo shoes and that's saying a lot coming from me. I think he's gonna be a bust. It would be hilarious if the Lakers didn't take him. I wouldn't stop smiling just as I haven't stopped smiling ever since Grigson was fired

Just now, Luck is Good said:

You can't always take a GM or Owner at their words. At times, it's the equivalent to coach speak. If Magic really wants PG right now, he'll give up Brandon Ingram. I also share your hatred for Lonzo Ball and his dumb dad. $495 for shoes is absolutely ridiculous. I'd get LeBron shoes before Lonzo shoes and that's saying a lot coming from me. I think he's gonna be a bust. It would be hilarious if the Lakers didn't take him. I wouldn't stop smiling just as I haven't stopped smiling ever since Grigson was fired

Well if the Lakers do not take Ball........who will? 

I am a tad worried that if the Pacers get the second pick they would take Ball. They won't.......would they?:eek: 

I agree you can't always take a GM or owner at their word so I really don't know what Magic Johnson would do anymore. He does not have enough to fall back on. But based on his tweeting history he wants BIG names........so he may very well bite for PG by draft day for all we know. 

When it comes to trading PG though it makes most sense to send him to the Lakers since that is where he wants to end up anyway. So........

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Well if the Lakers do not take Ball........who will? 

I am a tad worried that if the Pacers get the second pick they would take Ball. They won't.......would they?:eek: 

I agree you can't always take a GM or owner at their word so I really don't know what Magic Johnson would do anymore. He does not have enough to fall back on. But based on his tweeting history he wants BIG names........so he may very well bite for PG by draft day for all we know. 

When it comes to trading PG though it makes most sense to send him to the Lakers since that is where he wants to end up anyway. So........

That's what I'm hoping turns out to be the case. Magic said he wants a big name right away. If he wants said big name right away, he's gonna have to trade away pieces he doesn't want to. And there's no way the Pacers would take Lonzo Ball with the #2 pick. They would take De'Aaron Fox

• Like 2

If the Lakers though did give the Pacers Brandon Ingram then holy crap.-omg- I watch enough Lakers and Ingram was improving big time towards the end of the year. You add some weight to that kid and he is going to be a stud IMO.

Maybe somehow the Lakers give up the late first round pick and Ingram to the Pacers and they can still keep the second pick to get the Ball loser to go with PG.

IMO the Pacers would want Ingram in a deal........and the problem I am hearing is nobody is truly offering them a player they really want.

Just now, Luck is Good said:

That's what I'm hoping turns out to be the case. Magic said he wants a big name right away. If he wants said big name right away, he's gonna have to trade away pieces he doesn't want to. And there's no way the Pacers would take Lonzo Ball with the #2 pick. They would take De'Aaron Fox

Ohhh I like Fox. He also showed up Lonzo pretty bad in the tournament.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jules said:

Tell me how you really feel about the Ball's lmao. I personally like Fox the best in this Draft and said that in here a couple of weeks ago. Fox is John Wall Part2, he has Wall's speed but is a better defender. Wall like Fox didn't have a good jump shot in college but that is something that can be worked on. Wall now has one and I think Fox will get much better with his shooting too in a year or 2.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jules said:

If the Lakers though did give the Pacers Brandon Ingram then holy crap.-omg- I watch enough Lakers and Ingram was improving big time towards the end of the year. You add some weight to that kid and he is going to be a stud IMO.

Maybe somehow the Lakers give up the late first round pick and Ingram to the Pacers and they can still keep the second pick to get the Ball loser to go with PG.

IMO the Pacers would want Ingram in a deal........and the problem I am hearing is nobody is truly offering them a player they really want.

If the Lakers offered Ingram and #28, I would think about that

• Like 2

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tell me how you really feel about the Ball's lmao. I personally like Fox the best in this Draft and said that in here a couple of weeks ago. Fox is John Wall Part2, he has Wall's speed but is a better defender. Wall like Fox didn't have a good jump shot in college but that is something that can be worked on. Wall now has one and I think Fox will get much better with his shooting too in a year or 2.

I actually prefer Fox the most too. I think he is going to be really good. 

Fultz is really good too but something about him kinda bores me. Seems like a good kid who can shoot the ball and man was his team lousy in college.

OMG do not get me going on the Ball family. I done enough research on them and I swear.......just.........:hissy:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Thats what I think would be more realistic perhaps right now. I think getting Ingram and the #2 could hold back things. If the Pacers can work out a deal where they get Ingram and 28........maybe........

• Like 1

Just now, Jules said:

Thats what I think would be more realistic perhaps right now. I think getting Ingram and the #2 could hold back things. If the Pacers can work out a deal where they get Ingram and 28........maybe........

If I'm dealing with the Lakers, I want #2 and/or Brandon Ingram. Personally, I would want Brandon Ingram if forced to choose between the two. I think he's gonna be really good

I would take Ingram and the #28. Magic has said he doesn't want to trade Ingram but he may have too for PG and that is a fair deal for both considering the circumstances for both teams. Ingram has great potential and plays the same position as PG.

Get Ingram and then draft Donovan Mitchell with their first pick. Then with the #28, go for a big to complement Turner

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I'd like Jordan Clarkson and a swap of the  #2  for the #18 .  Magic wont give up Ingram

Clarkson has proven himself and he's still young.

..and they've got to give us something or we trade Paul elsewhere

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I'd like Jordan Clarkson and a swap of the  #2  for the #18 .  Magic wont give up Ingram

Magic would absolutely give up Ingram if he wants PG this next season

2 hours ago, Jules said:

Oh I see, a third team would have to jump in now. I think the best bet for this one year rental situation is still Cleveland though. 

If PG lands in L.A. maybe then he could just sign a long term deal and be done with it.

Does PG seriously though want to play with Lonzo Ball and that is attractive to him?-omg-

Cavs just fired the GM....wonder what that's about

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I like Clarkson too. I think he is just as good as Russell is at the moment. Russell may improve in time but Clarkson is proving he is a good player.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Magic would absolutely give up Ingram if he wants PG this next season

Ingram has shown the potential..

He got beat up to start the year but then he started to come on strong.

He's no 'maybe'...barring injury, he's a 'gonna be'

Its going to be hard for Magic to give him up....

I'd consider Clarkson and Randle plus the #28, wouldn't you?

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Ingram has shown the potential..

He got beat up to start the year but then he started to come on strong.

He's no 'maybe'...barring injury, he's a 'gonna be'

Its going to be hard fro Magic to give him up....

I'd consider Clarkson and Randle plus the #28, wouldn't you?

No. I wouldn't even entertain a deal with the Lakers that doesn't include the #2 pick and/or Brandon Ingram