Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Just out of curiosity what makes you think anyone would give that much for Paul when they know his contract is up after this season?

Because Lebron is confident he will extend, that is why the Cavs even make a PG for Love swap. They are betting on the bird in the bush over the bird in hand due to their NBA final culture.

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

That would be great for the Pacers.  Unfortunately the Pacers are the beggars at this point.  No need for the Cavs to sweeten the deal.

Right..the Cavs know LeBron could leave and is 32 if he doesn't..

They need future picks..they may ask us for future picks

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

That would be great for the Pacers.  Unfortunately the Pacers are the beggars at this point.  No need for the Cavs to sweeten the deal.

It depends on how much LeBron and their management think that PG could get them over the top against the Warriors. If they think he can then we need to gut them with picks with Love. They might, you know LeBron has to be pee'd losing in the Finals again and Draymond talking junk. LeBron doesn't want to lose another Finals as it is starting to look bad on his resume.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Because Lebron is confident he will extend, that is why the Cavs even make a PG for Love swap. They are betting on the bird in the bush over the bird in hand due to their NBA final culture.

It's already been established that Paul wants to go to the Lakers. I can't see the Cavs giving up what you said with Paul under a 1 year contract knowing he want's to go to LA.

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

We will be assuming Love's contract, so it is not as bad as you think our position is. His contract is longer than PG's.

..and he's a player who doesn't dominate the ball..

It would be easy to find some one to play with him..if the money is right

We cant tank in Indiana...that act wont play here...our present ownership wont sit with empty seats

• Like 1

Another trade idea....though somewhat unrealistic?

Cleveland receives Paul George

Indiana receives #5 and #10 overall pick, Arron Afflalo, Darren Collison

Sacramento receives Kevin Love, #29 overall pick

Cavs receive another piece to try and reclaim the championship, Indiana gets two picks in the top 10 to rebuild, and I'm really just relying on Sacramento/Vlade/Ranadive being Sacramento/Vlade/Ranadive

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

How come that didn't work now...that's the situation were in now

PG, Lance and Myles...3 good core players

Lance is not as good anymore and still isn't on the level we need to compete we didn't pick in the lottery enough and traded away our picks foolishly 

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's already been established that Paul wants to go to the Lakers. I can't see the Cavs giving up what you said with Paul under a 1 year contract knowing he want's to go to LA.

I think the possibility of playing for a championship on an annual basis, and playing alongside LeBron, could be enough to convince George to re-sign with Cleveland instead of bolting for LA

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't either. He is a Very Good player but isn't Great and would get us no where without other good players around him. I would avoid dealing with the Cavs all together because they have nothing appealing. I would deal with Boston as much as possible.

What he would do is keep us in that terrible 8th seed range and we would never improve 

• Like 2

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

Cavs receive another piece to try and reclaim the championship, Indiana gets two picks in the top 10 to rebuild, and I'm really just relying on Sacramento/Vlade/Ranadive being Sacramento/Vlade/Ranadive

That's not impossible because we don't tank

Who would you want to draft with those picks?

Picks sound like stars until you put a name on them

..But Love would help Sacramento..and obviously the Cavs would love this

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Great stuff! Never know about Vlade lmao 

6 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think the possibility of playing for a championship on an annual basis, and playing alongside LeBron, could be enough to convince George to re-sign with Cleveland instead of bolting for LA

I guess that would depend if Paul really thought the Cavs could win against the Wizards. IMO even with Paul the Cavs wouldn't be good enough.

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

The spurs have prolly the best coach in the NBA we have Nate McMillan big difference 

Yes they have the coach but they have had the players to do it too. It makes no difference how good your coach is if the players are not talented enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I also think he would re-sign with Boston as well if he is the main reason why they beat LeBron and they make the Finals. I could see Brad Stevens smooth talking PG into staying if they make the Finals.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I also think he would re-sign with Boston as well if he is the main reason why they beat LeBron and they make the Finals. I could see Brad Stevens smooth talking PG into staying if they make the Finals.

again..Brad Stevens smooth talks PG...more effectively than Magic Johnson (and mom's homecooking?)

I think PG to Boston is done now

Just throwing more trade ideas out there since I think we're kinda screwed at this point....

Indiana receives Kenneth Faried, Jameer Nelson, 13th overall pick, Denver's 2019 first round pick

Denver receives Kevin Love, #29 overall pick, Aaron Brooks

Cleveland gets George, Indiana gets picks for the future (maybe package 13 and 18 to move up this year) and a couple of good mentors in Faried and Nelson, Denver gets someone to replace Faried and another experienced point guard to help Mudiay and Murray

• Like 2

Just now, oldunclemark said:

again..Brad Stevens smooth talks PG...more effectively than Magic Johnson (and mom's homecooking?)

We will see? I understand PG wants to be a Laker but the Lakers are not near as good as the Celtics right now. Sometimes bigtime winning can change a person's tune like making the Finals for the 1st time. Magic is smooth though, cant disagree there.

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

Pop is over 50% the reason good players sign there 

Bot they dont build through the draft...you need free agent signings..

Our new GM has to get it done..

He knows the situation..

...we'll be giving a max deal to some body next year

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I agree, but we can hope?

Boston receives Paul George, Al Jefferson

Indiana receives Avery Bradley, Amir Johnson, Jaylen Brown, 3rd overall pick, a 2018 or 2019 first round pick

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Just throwing more trade ideas out there since I think we're kinda screwed at this point....

Indiana receives Kenneth Faried, Jameer Nelson, 13th overall pick, Denver's 2019 first round pick

Denver receives Kevin Love, #29 overall pick, Aaron Brooks

Cleveland gets George, Indiana gets picks for the future (maybe package 13 and 18 to move up this year) and a couple of good mentors in Faried and Nelson, Denver gets someone to replace Faried and another experienced point guard to help Mudiay and Murray

Denver's 2019 isn't gong to be high.....but we would have #13 and #18 plus Teague. Myles and Lance...

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Bot they dont build through the draft...you need free agent signings..

Our new GM has to get it done..

He knows the situation..

...we'll be giving a max deal to some body next year

Mark Parker Duncan Ginobli and Leonard were all picks drafted or acquired on draft night they are the definition of building the draft :facepalm::facepalm:

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Indiana receives Avery Bradley, Amir Johnson, Jaylen Brown, 3rd overall pick, a 2018 or 2019 first round pick

Thank you for leaving out that bricklayer Marcus Smart, Supe.....

.....Here's a deal I'd do tomorrow!

We'd be a playoff team next season...

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

Mark Parker Duncan Ginobli and Leonard were all picks drafted or acquired on draft night they are the definition of building the draft :facepalm::facepalm:

Your fighting a losing argument..

Most of their team was acquired.....Duncan was the last century......

The NBA has changed...

You need to draft well..but we're not gong to beat Cleveland, Miami, Washington and Boston with good drafting.

You only get 2 picks a year

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Hell I'd take the pick and Brown 

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Your fighting a losing argument..

Most of their team was acquired.....Duncan was the last century......

The NBA has changed...

You need to draft well..but we're not gong to beat Cleveland, Miami, Washington and Boston with good drafting.

You only get 2 picks a year

Dear God I literally just spelled out every damn star on their team was drafted 

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Thank you for leaving out that bricklayer Marcus Smart, Supe.....

.....Here's a deal I'd do tomorrow!

We'd be a playoff team next season...

Smart is a good defensive player.  His shooting isn't amazing, but I think he's still a good piece to have

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Hell I'd take the pick and Brown 

Maybe take off Bradley and throw in another of those future picks they got from Philly?

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

(except for Leonard, Aldridge, Mills and Gasol don't count because they don't fit the argument.

They pretty much drafted Kawhi.