Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

what do think they would trade us?  i dont follow them very closely

That is a great question, of course we all would want that #3 and maybe Smart or Bradley. That would at least be much better than getting nothing and the #3 pick could turn into a great Pro? This would also in return make Boston a real threat to win the East with Thomas, Horford, Crowder, and PG added. PG always seems to play LeBron tough. I would just take the #3 and Bradley at this point and let them keep Smart as well, that would make the Celtics a real threat to win the East and we would get a #3 and Bradley which is 10 times better than nothing.

The only place I could see him going is to a playoff team that thinks PG puts them over the edge. Essentially, he'd be a one year rental for them(Trailblazers?). I doubt he'd want to stay with the Celtics. He wants to go to the Lakers, and he'd bolt. I don't know why he thinks he's going to win in LA. Maybe he thinks he can attract quality FA? There are rumors of Lebron heading to LA after his contract is up. PG and LA would attract a lot of FAs. As for the Celtics, there is no way they trade the #3 pick. At best, they give us some future picks. At #3, I'm not sure who I'd take. Fultz is off the board for sure. Jackson, I guess?

• Like 1

Honestly, while it may sound unappealing, I'd tank for the next 5 years and trust the process. We aren't winning anything in 5 years. In 5 years, Lebron will be at the end of his career and the Warriors core could be weaker. Tank for those years, and see if you can gather a ton of lottery picks. I doubt we'll land a top 3 pick, if even a #1 pick, but if we draft well, we can add some good players. Myles should be entering his prime as well. That's assuming we draft a superstar. If we don't draft a superstar, we're looking at the next decade as a bad team.

8 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Honestly, while it may sound unappealing, I'd tank for the next 5 years and trust the process. We aren't winning anything in 5 years. In 5 years, Lebron will be at the end of his career and the Warriors core could be weaker. Tank for those years, and see if you can gather a ton of lottery picks. I doubt we'll land a top 3 pick, if even a #1 pick, but if we draft well, we can add some good players. Myles should be entering his prime as well. That's assuming we draft a superstar. If we don't draft a superstar, we're looking at the next decade as a bad team.

You can't be serious? If the fan base feels like the team tanked for five years there would be no fan base. They don't pay their money for tickets and jerseys for a team that don't come to play no matter what the talent level is.

35 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You can't be serious? If the fan base feels like the team tanked for five years there would be no fan base. They don't pay their money for tickets and jerseys for a team that don't come to play no matter what the talent level is.

It's not losing on purpose it's just taking on bad players with good contractscfor a few years so you have good cap while still being bad enough to get top picks 

The the Sixers as an example they may be a powerhouse soon

57 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

what about paul for kevin love straight up?  he only has a two year contract himself, but at least we can feel like we got something

I'd be disgusted if he went to the Cavs. But if we did it that would be the deal to make probably.

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'd be disgusted if he went to the Cavs. But if we did it that would be the deal to make probably.

I would ask for more, like Love and several future picks. Thing is how much better would this make Cavs in reality? They would be losing their best Rebounder and a Good 3 point shooter that can spread the floor. Yes PG would make them better but still wouldn't be sold that they can beat the Warriors with him when you take Love off that team. The 1 game the Cavs won, Love had a monster game = Scoring and Rebounding.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would ask for more, like Love and several future picks. Thing is how much better would this make Cavs in reality? They would be losing their best Rebounder and a Good 3 point shooter that can spread the floor. Yes PG would make them better but still wouldn't be sold that they can beat the Warriors with him when you take Love off that team. The 1 game the Cavs won, Love had a monster game = Scoring and Rebounding.

I don't know if he would put them over the top of the Warriors, but he would be a really good #2 for them. They would almost certainly win the east again. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I don't know if he would put them over the top of the Warriors, but he would be a really good #2 for them. They would almost certainly win the east again. 

Yeah but it defeats the purpose if they don't beat the Warriors. Then that just gives LeBron another Finals loss and PG walks. If the Cavs could keep Love and Kyrie and land PG, I think they could beat the Warriors then but they have to give Love up for sure to get PG I would think.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

If he says he's out........then it would not be good to have him around this season

Imagine what the everyday questions will be like.

This puts us in a bad situation..because nobody but LA will trade for him

16 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Cavs might make the deal because LeBron might go after next year anyway.

Kevin Love is the name that comes up..

..but we cant get equal value

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

what about paul for kevin love straight up?  he only has a two year contract himself, but at least we can feel like we got something

If the news tonight is true (how did it get out before Pritchard had a chance to trade him) I'd do that.

Love is 27.....he's always been out of position with the Cavs..

..and the salaries match up

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Where is Mark at?? He was for sure he would pick us over the below 500 Lakers 

I'm right here.....

..............I'm thinking that if we trade him.....it'll probably be Cleveland

But we might just keep him and play it out.....CF.....he has little trade value after Thursday

Edited by oldunclemark

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

George would make them better.........Love really cant defend anybody but small 5s..

He's very good but hes not close to Paul defensively

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hell 2 days ago PG said he wanted to stay and not ring chase LOL. These guys change their minds every time the wind blows.

Isnt that something..

..at the charity softball game Thursday, he said he was a Pacer..

...are we sure this report is true? 

• Like 1

Where is Mark at?? He was for sure he would pick us over the below 500 Lakers 

Sounds like you win and we head for last place..

...But lets wait until Thursday and see what happens

I appreciate him telling our management face to face what it is..

..but now that its gotten out........we are in a bad place.

Why would the Lakers give us anything?

1 hour ago, IndyScribe said:

Our owner is not a young man. He's not going to tank for a long term future that, as the 76esr have shown, is less than a 50-50 proposition

It's not losing on purpose it's just taking on bad players with good contractscfor a few years so you have good cap while still being bad enough to get top picks 

The the Sixers as an example they may be a powerhouse soon

Call it what you want it is still losing on purpose.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Sounds like you win and we head for last place..

...But lets wait until Thursday and see what happens

I appreciate him telling our management face to face what it is..

..but now that its gotten out........we are in a bad place.

Why would the Lakers give us anything?

They won't give us anything now unless they get scared of cleavland taking him 

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

They won't give us anything now unless they get scared of cleavland taking him 

I have to agree..why would thr Lakers give us quality players for a guy who has told our management that he will come and play for them in 12 months because its his home..

.....we trade him to the Cavs and Paul, and LBJ both go to LA in 2018.

I didn't think there was any chance until Magic because the Lakers boss.

Who wouldn't want to play at home AND for Magic Johnson

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

It happens all the time in the NBA it's not the NFL that's how you build 

It don't happen in Indiana. Good or bad Indiana fans know how basketball is played and don't accept anything less. I guess you must not live in Indiana or you would know this.

3 minutes ago, MTC said:

I don't care who we acquire, as long as we have future first round draft picks.

Picks = the ability to obtain assets 

That's true..but you have to use them to acquire veteran players..

(I think that;s whay you are saying)

the 76ers are an example of a team that's trying to build with rookies..

I wont live long enough to see that happen..

....we have a fairly good record picking college talent but clearly that's not the way the NBA works anymore

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It don't happen in Indiana. Good or bad Indiana fans know how basketball is played and don't accept anything less. I guess you must not live in Indiana or you would know this.

It's not about playing bad on purpose you naturally won't win if you have a team full of players that are not great they will try to win they just won't succeed 

Just now, Myles said:

The Pacers are screwed.  PG screwed them.  We need to get what we can, which h I think will be a 2 nd round pick or an expendable player.

Why didn't he keep it quiet?

Maybe he did but when Pricthard starting talking to other teams about PG deals..it got out..

I want a way we can be competitive next year..

.....we need a trade for a proven player AND a pick

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Why didn't he keep it quiet?

Maybe he did but when Pricthard starting talking to other teams about PG deals..it got out..

I want a way we can be competitive next year..

.....we need a trade for a proven player AND a pick

I think it was his *** hole agent that leaked it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ben Simmons is going to dominate IMO if he can stay healthy. He can score and has great court vision with his passing. He was making Magic Johnson type passes in college.

They still have injury problems and defensive problems