Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

36 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

USA-Today has us drafting UCLA forward TJ Leaf..

....6-foot-10 but just 220 pounds..

16.3 points, 8.2 rebounds..elite spot shooter...46% on 3s..good passer...

not a good defender....and 6-10, 220 is not an NBA body

///but he's 20....

He's actually a good player, he is very athletic. I watched several Bruins games this season. I still would like to see us Draft the best Center available when we pick. To me Turner is a pure PF

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Pacers need a banger in the post. They also need a shooter. I'd be fine with either in the draft

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Pacers need a banger in the post. They also need a shooter. I'd be fine with either in the draft

I agree, if we Draft Leaf and keep Turner at Center that would be interesting. Leaf can shoot and is athletic. I just would like to see us get a huge guy that can clog the paint.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, if we Draft Leaf and keep Turner at Center that would be interesting. Leaf can shoot and is athletic. I just would like to see us get a huge guy that can clog the paint.

I agree to a point. While it is important to get a big alongside Myles, if a great shooter falls to the Pacers, they have to take him. For example, Malik Monk

13 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Celtics, I'm guessing, have decided they don't want Fultz...so they don't need the No.1 overall pick.

The Lakers will take Ball No,,2 (I'm not sure who else really wants him and his psycho Dad)

So, for Boston,. No, 3 is as good as No,1..and they pick up another No,.1 next season.

Very good deal for the Celtics..

This also means there will be no trade of Paul George before next season, which is a good deal for us

Yep, it is a good trade. I just like Fultz over Jackson. If they trade those picks for Butler, I'm not sure it's worth it. Lakers have been looking at Fultz and Jackson as well. I think there was a rumor that they're considering moving up to the #1 pick. It's good that we don't have to trade PG though.

6 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I'd like to draft Giles, OG, or Mitchell.

11 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Yep, it is a good trade. I just like Fultz over Jackson. If they trade those picks for Butler, I'm not sure it's worth it. Lakers have been looking at Fultz and Jackson as well. I think there was a rumor that they're considering moving up to the #1 pick. It's good that we don't have to trade PG though.

I'd like to draft Giles, OG, or Mitchell.

I would take Donovan Mitchell. No doubt in my mind

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I want Fultz but if we were to trade PG to LA then Boston trades with Philly I bet Philly takes Fultz so we still wouldn't get him 

Yeah, and I'd definitely want to avoid Lonzo.  Though Jackson and Fox are two prospects I really like.

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure how to Post Twitter Posts but I have been reading Paul George has no desire to leave Indiana, he loves it here and wants to be like Reggie. He plans to play out his contract, not Ring chase. I have been reading this all morning on different sites

A lot of conflicting reports on PG. 

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure how to Post Twitter Posts but I have been reading Paul George has no desire to leave Indiana, he loves it here and wants to be like Reggie. He plans to play out his contract, not Ring chase. I have been reading this all morning on different sites

Click on the tweet's timestamp and it should open up the tweet and give you a new URL.  Copy and paste that URL into your post and it should automatically embed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's actually a good player, he is very athletic. I watched several Bruins games this season. I still would like to see us Draft the best Center available when we pick. To me Turner is a pure PF

From Northern Indiana too!  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Good to see you on Brent. Hope you're doing well.

Thank you.  Have some health issues I am still trying to get rid of....but I am fine.  Still mean as heck.  HA! Thank you so much for the nice greeting. :)  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Turner is better at Center. I'd like to draft Harry Giles (assuming injury checks out). He'd pair well next to Turner.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I would love to see Monk as a Pacer. In todays NBA you almost have to have a great SG to be an elite team. Monk would probably be the best we've had since Miller. If we could trade up for him, that would be great.

Agreed. I'd like him on our team too. It'd also show PG that we're serious about winning. If he drops to ~10, I'd seriously consider moving up to draft him. Package a few players, this year's pick, and 2019's pick to draft him.

• Like 2

Just now, BrentMc11 said:

I ALMOST said Giles.  I changed my mind since he is sooooooo fragile.  

Yep. His injuries are an issue. But if he's healthy, he's a really good player. Assuming he's healthy, we'd get a #1 pick at #18, which is really good value.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

I think Turner is better at Center. I'd like to draft Harry Giles (assuming injury checks out). He'd pair well next to Turner.

Giles is definitely a wild card in this draft. No doubt he is talented but hes had several nasty injuries. He would be good if he could be healthy but that's a pretty big bet.

14 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

I think Myles is better at C. Pacers need to get someone to pair next to him though. A banger is what I prefer. But need a SG too. Maybe that could be Gordon Hayward though. Draft will definitely tell the direction of the franchise's thinking

9 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I think Myles is better at C. Pacers need to get someone to pair next to him though. A banger is what I prefer. But need a SG too. Maybe that could be Gordon Hayward though. Draft will definitely tell the direction of the franchise's thinking

wouldnt landing hayward mean we have to let teague go?  hayward is better, but that would leave us with one of the worst back courts in the league

its a strong class for guards but we dont have a high pick

14 hours ago, dgambill said:

Because if they plan on keeping Isaiah and they already have Smart and Avery Bradley they really don't have room for Fultz to play. Now I've said before I'd move Thomas if I was them and bring in Fultz but if they are keeping Thomas for an immediate title run then there is no playing time for Fultz. Thus they trade 1st for 3rd and get future 1st (likely high 6ers pick) take Jackson to play the 3. That allows them to add a Blake Griffin in FA and they have a couple young guys like Brown and Jackson to play behind Crowder and Griffin....or it gets them more trade ammo for someone like Butler likely. It makes total sense...Danny is running circles around the Atlantic front offices.

Brown needs minutes to show just how good he really is.  Has great talent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

wouldnt landing hayward mean we have to let teague go?  hayward is better, but that would leave us with one of the worst back courts in the league

We still have to pay Teague.  He is a FA.  How much does he cost?

I would love Hayward.  I think he will be a Celtic.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Can sign both as FA's. Have to do everything to make a contender

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Believe me, I'm not a cap expert either. It would work out though. Cavs were so much over this past season. I don't see how the Pacers couldn't be either

they paid the highest luxury tax in the league

pacers aren't willing to pay any

5 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Believe me, I'm not a cap expert either. It would work out though. Cavs were so much over this past season. I don't see how the Pacers couldn't be either

Our owner will not go into the luxury tax we either build a young team through the draft or we will always be middle of the pack cause other teams will pay to win

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Our owner will not go into the luxury tax we either build a young team through the draft or we will always be middle of the pack cause other teams will pay to win

It's such a tough spot right now because we don't know about PG. In some ways, I do think going young is the best thing to do. Build a team through the draft, starting with next week. But at the same time, there's an opportunity to build a team to compete in the East for next season. If Simon ever wants to win a championship, he's gonna have to go into the luxury tax. Warriors are the exception to that rule. Most of that core was built through the draft. But it's not common for a team to compete on a yearly basis with that strategy

6 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

It's such a tough spot right now because we don't know about PG. In some ways, I do think going young is the best thing to do. Build a team through the draft, starting with next week. But at the same time, there's an opportunity to build a team to compete in the East for next season. If Simon ever wants to win a championship, he's gonna have to go into the luxury tax. Warriors are the exception to that rule. Most of that core was built through the draft. But it's not common for a team to compete on a yearly basis with that strategy

Simon just needs to sell the team