Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

2 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Honestly the top 8 teams should get really decent players.  Fultz, Ball, Jackson, Taytum, Fox, Monk, Issac, Smith etc.  I like Fox's game but he needs to improve his 3 point shot, he only shot 20% last year.  I think he can be a very good player though.  I just like Josh Jackson's skill set, 6'8" can shoot, athletic, play defense, slash, rebound, he's got it all.  I am not a big Kansas guy though and honestly not many Kansas players turn into superstars at least lately.  You have Andrew Wiggins and that's it.  Pierce was a superstar.  Players like Collison, Hinrich, Morris twins, McLemore etc are just average at best.  Embiid could be good but reminds me of Oden, to many injuries.  I think a lot of people want Ball to fail because of his dad(and maybe rightfully so) but I am kind of a fan of his and hope he does well.  It's time the Lakers franchise turned around.  I'll be really curious to see what the Pacers actually get out of him.  I'd say Randle/Clarkson 27th pick and 28th pick.  I don't believe the Lakers will have a top pick next year and 2 more years is a while to wait. 

Fox's 3point % doesn't really bother me, I can see how it would some though, because the league has become a 3 point league. I just love his Leadership, his John Wall type quickness, and his Defense. He doesn't have a good jumper but he is a great finisher at the basket so he can still score in bundles. John Wall didn't have much of a jumper either coming out and he improved that a lot. I can see Fox within 2 seasons being in the mid 30%'s from 3 because of his work ethic.

• Like 1

Just now, Luck is Good said:

Lol that was just bad

Yeah it was, hindsight is easy but that was obviously dumb. We also traded Leonard for George Hill, I will say this at the time I liked that because Hill was Good and he still is Good. Nobody knew Leonard would be Great but the Plumlee over Draymond pick was :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it was, hindsight is easy but that was obviously dumb. We also traded Leonard for George Hill, I will say this at the time I liked that because Hill was Good and he still is Good. Nobody knew Leonard would be Great but the Plumlee over Draymond pick was :facepalm:

The Pacers didn't trade Kawhi for George Hill. They drafted Kawhi for the Spurs. But yeah Draymond should've been the pick

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think Kawhi would be what he is today if he were in Indy.  The Spurs have a great organization.  He was able to step into a situation with great leaders, like Duncan, and a great coach in Pop.  If he were drafted by Indy, I think he'd still be a good player, but not as great as he is now.  Being on the Spurs helped elevate him, as it would anyone else

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

I don't think Kawhi would be what he is today if he were in Indy.  The Spurs have a great organization.  He was able to step into a situation with great leaders, like Duncan, and a great coach in Pop.  If he were drafted by Indy, I think he'd still be a good player, but not as great as he is now.  Being on the Spurs helped elevate him, as it would anyone else

Yeah I sort of agree. He stepped into a great situation with Pop and Duncan. That helped him a lot.

Dang, tons of teams jumping in. Spurs and Trailblazers are interested. If they add CP3, trade Aldridge, they could make a run against the Warriors. More teams = better for the Pacers. George would be dumb to leave the Spurs for LA, but that's his decision. I think he's traded around the draft, though.