Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where will grigson go next?

bap1331

13 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

He won't go anywhere as a GM. His track record is atrocious. He took our organization and set it backwards despite us having a starting caliber QB.

Yeaa thats what i meant. Not as a GM but in a lower position. He did make some good pickups regardless with Kendall Langford, Mewhort, Henry Anderson, Clayton Geathers, Vontae Davis trade, TY Hilton, Donte Moncrief, Freeman, etc. You gotta give him credit where its due.

Now we can take the pieces he placed and add to the weak spots. This team is not far from being a threat.

27 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

Nowhere. He'll never get another GM job. Just the fact that Irsay gave him that job to begin with was absolutely crazy. If he goes back anywhere, it will probably be a scout and nothing more. 

I agree. It will be as a scout. But then, given his contract with the Colts, he and his agent will have a buyout negotiated and if he is wise, he will put the money to good use. 

Very much like Chris Polian, who was GM here, and then took a year off before being hired by the Jags as Director of Pro Personnel in 2013, Grigson will be taking a year off before latching on to something, IMO.

14 hours ago, chad72 said:

I agree. It will be as a scout. But then, given his contract with the Colts, he and his agent will have a buyout negotiated and if he is wise, he will put the money to good use. 

Very much like Chris Polian, who was GM here, and then took a year off before being hired by the Jags as Director of Pro Personnel in 2013, Grigson will be taking a year off before latching on to something, IMO.

I would too if I was getting paid.   

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the CFL. With the money he's made from the Colts he can probably get a front office job and buy stake in a team. He's really a great talent evaluator for CFL talent. I think that's his specialty as evidenced by his "diamond in the rough" searching he did in the NFL. Now he can do all of that without much backlash in the CFL. He can sign all the Daniel Adongo's he wants there.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:33 AM, Defjamz26 said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the CFL. With the money he's made from the Colts he can probably get a front office job and buy stake in a team. He's really a great talent evaluator for CFL talent. I think that's his specialty as evidenced by his "diamond in the rough" searching he did in the NFL. Now he can do all of that without much backlash in the CFL. He can sign all the Daniel Adongo's he wants there.

Maybe! He may also end up in the NFL Development league this spring...I mean surely there will be plenty of our guys like Trent Richardson and Bjoern Warner and Samson Sateele there.

Honestly I hope he gets on somewhere. He loves the game and he I find it hard to believe he made it where he did without being somewhat talented. Sure he rolled snake eyes with us one too many times but the guy deserves a second chance.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Maybe! He may also end up in the NFL Development league this spring...I mean surely there will be plenty of our guys like Trent Richardson and Bjoern Warner and Samson Sateele there.

Honestly I hope he gets on somewhere. He loves the game and he I find it hard to believe he made it where he did without being somewhat talented. Sure he rolled snake eyes with us one too many times but the guy deserves a second chance.

He just needs to humble himself. Dude is too arrogant and thinks he knows it all. His players didn't like him and that should send off alarms too him.

He also needs to open his mind up and stop sticking to his guns so hard. He thinks his scouting rules are the end all be all and that nothing changes. Was so adamant that you just don't pass up on 4.2 speed with a WR that he drafted Dorsett and missed out on Landon Collins. Said that when guys have production like Werner had in college it usually translates, but he didn't bother to bring his athleticism into question and thus missed out on Xavier Rhodes.

He deserves a second chance, just not in this league. I don't think he can identify NFL level talent.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

He just needs to humble himself. Dude is too arrogant and thinks he knows it all. His players didn't like him and that should send off alarms too him.

He also needs to open his mind up and stop sticking to his guns so hard. He thinks his scouting rules are the end all be all and that nothing changes. Was so adamant that you just don't pass up on 4.2 speed with a WR that he drafted Dorsett and missed out on Landon Collins. Said that when guys have production like Werner had in college it usually translates, but he didn't bother to bring his athleticism into question and thus missed out on Xavier Rhodes.

He deserves a second chance, just not in this league. I don't think he can identify NFL level talent.

Yep. But we have to also say that our scouting and evaluation department didn't do him any favors. Its hard to say how much of the drafts was Grigson over ruling them or just going with what they were bringing him. It's hard to say any one of us would do better. I mean he brought in guys like Andre Johnson, Hakem Nicks, and Darius Heyward-Bey, and Duron Carter....guys tons of people on this board were excited about...and struck out on all of them. You can only live off TY for so long before you say man we got to get something opposite that and try to replicate that type of player in Dorsett who had very lofty athleticism and talent. I mean I couldn't say much bad about Werner to get a guy that was avg double digit sacks at Florida State man....ACC top level talent there and he was like all-acc...to get a pass rusher at the end of rd1 with that resume that's tough to pass on. The kid just fizzled out because of injuries mostly....always hurt. We all loved Thomas on the OL and that guy never saw the field because of injuries....same for Jones on defense. It was like everything Grigson touched turned to coal....I mean Trent Richardson...this guy was suppose to be special....and he ate himself out of the league along with a horrible work ethic.

I do think the attitude was the worst thing though...with that on top of not making good choices....throw in a couple surgeries for Luck and that's a recipe to get fired. I think he can find talent....but years when he struck out man he really struck out hard....2013 for example.