Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano will be made available to the media at 1:30 today.

stitches

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

They can be NOT GOOD ENOUGH and get fired.     But neither is trash.

"Not good enough" is not being a serious super bowl contender. We aren't, and haven't made the steps toward becoming one in the past 5 years. We have had the same glaring issues for 5 years.

Can't pass block

Can't run block

Defense is a sieve

Are Grigs and Chuck trash? Maybe not. But they haven't done the job they needed to. They're in the Marvin Lewis club - at best the pinnacle of mediocrity. It's time to take a gamble and try for something greater than that.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Thats what I think too. I'm actually all for changes as I think they are needed, but realistically I don't see Irsay just tossing their 4 year extensions in the trash after 1 year. But then again you never know...most thought they would be gone last year and weren't, maybe the opposite happens this year. I just hope we know soon one way or the other.

Yeah, I'd rather there be changes but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

If there are I think it's at GM for now, but even that seems unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I'm hoping for Grigson to go today. If he goes it won't be long that a head coaching change ensues.

A new GM would likely mean a new coach...most want their own guy. I'm not saying Grigson should go but now would be an opportune time to move on. We have a lot of older cutable guys, tons of cap space, and a full complement of picks in the middle of part of the draft...a nucleus of decent players on offense and franchise qb. Get a guy that has a special eye on defensive talent to add to this 8-8 team we could win our division next year. It's not a bad gig.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, I'd rather there be changes but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

If there are I think it's at GM for now, but even that seems unlikely.

I thought I read on twitter that Grigson is not doing the radio show tonight. It might not mean anything though.

23 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Oh it definitely seems like a lot more fans became fed up this year. And the people who were already fed up last year are almost over the edge now.

I agree with the feeling that nothing is going to change though.

I think this is accurate. I was down on last year with the team but also understood that Luck was out. I still didn't like how he called games or adjustments made but again Luck out was the giving the benefit of the doubt. This year, I expected waaaaaay more from the offense and game plans than we got and the defense was about where I expected, as I expected 2017 draft would be a defense draft focus. I just didn't enjoy this team this year and feel like the base is largely just flat and looking for an infusion of what we experienced in the harbaugh days and into the Manning years. 

8 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

"Not good enough" is not being a serious super bowl contender. We aren't, and haven't made the steps toward becoming one in the past 5 years. We have had the same glaring issues for 5 years.

Can't pass block

Can't run block

Defense is a sieve

Are Grigs and Chuck trash? Maybe not. But they haven't done the job they needed to. They're in the Marvin Lewis club - at best the pinnacle of mediocrity. It's time to take a gamble and try for something greater than that.

Haven't protected 12 either.