Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carr having trouble taking snaps

Coltsfan1953

30 minutes ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

I don't care. I'll take what I get. Teams didnt mind beating us when we have a bunch of injured players

Understood, but at this point in the season I don't want to hear excuses and yeah, buts.  Bring 'em on.  Give us a chance to show we play with heart and play every game like we want to win.

12 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Have you seen the Colts injury report lately?

It really isn't noteworthy unless Andrew Luck or TY Hilton are on that injury list. Other than that the Colts are basically the same team with or without most of the guys that have been on that list this season. It's what happens when you lack playmakers.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

It really isn't noteworthy unless Andrew Luck or TY Hilton are on that injury list. Other than that the Colts are basically the same team with or without most of the guys that have been on that list this season. It's what happens when you lack playmakers.

Yes and no. While it's far less significant now that we're all but eliminated from the playoffs, not having Geathers or Mewhort hurts, IMO.

10 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Yes and no. While it's far less significant now that we're all but eliminated from the playoffs, not having Geathers or Mewhort hurts, IMO.

Geathers is on his way but isn't yet a force to know how much he's missed but he is one of our best tacklers. Mewhort is our best lineman but at times the O-Line is subpar even with him starting.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Geathers is on his way but isn't yet a force

Demarco Murray disagrees.

In all seriousness, until he plays at a high level consistently, and stays on the field, we shouldn't get too excited about him. But he definitely has the potential to be that guy, and missing him impacts the defense's ability and changes the gameplan. 

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

We're going to start 3 rookie OL. I don't feel sorry for any other team's injury situation. Sorry, not sorry.

I have a "feeling" the Colts are going to show and and play well.  Win?  Who knows.  But I think they will keep it interesting because they're backs are against the wall and they seem to play well in those situations, just like Sunday when they decimated the #2 defense in the league.  It's the Jaguars game at home I don't trust but it may be a moot game by then anyways.

11 hours ago, Superman said:

We're going to start 3 rookie OL. I don't feel sorry for any other team's injury situation. Sorry, not sorry.

Fair enough. But Kelly has been starting all season so it's more like 2. Plus Mack would probably work the line even with our usual starters healthy.

All depends on how we put the game plan together.  Hopefully it's not a Houston Texans game plan.   If it's a game plan like Minnesota or Green Bay then I say we got a real good shot.  That Oakland defense is not good versus the run or pass.

18 hours ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

Understood, but at this point in the season I don't want to hear excuses and yeah, buts.  Bring 'em on.  Give us a chance to show we play with heart and play every game like we want to win.

Two questions...

1) Who would be making these excuses?

and

2) Why would you care?