backshoulderfade

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He hasn't he is just stupid and loves over the hill players. i don't recall saying he has just seems like something he would do cause he blows a building a championship caliber team.

How many over the hill players has he traded for?  how many over the hill players are currently on the team?  And Adam V. doesn't count.   Where is this "he loves over the hill players" crap coming from?  Because he signed Andre Johnson and Frank Gore last year? 

It sounds to me like you just wanted to take another opportunity to bash the front office, this time for absolutely no reason because your claim has no basis in fact. 

6 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

How many over the hill players has he traded for?  how many over the hill players are currently on the team?  And Adam V. doesn't count.   Where is this "he loves over the hill players" crap coming from?  Because he signed Andre Johnson and Frank Gore last year? 

It sounds to me like you just wanted to take another opportunity to bash the front office, this time for absolutely no reason because your claim has no basis in fact. 

How many are on the team? Cole Mathis Adams Gore Jackson He signed Johnson. our team has been old as hell for how many years now? I don't care what he's done in the past. The whole point is he is stupid enough to do something like that. 

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

How many are on the team? Cole Mathis Adams Gore Jackson He signed Johnson. our team has been old as hell for how many years now?

BTW, you've named 5 players out of a 53 man roster.  Adams and Gore are playing well so it's not like having them has been detrimental to the team.  As far as Mathis and Cole...a lot of teams sign veteran pass rushers even as they're nearing the end of their career.  See Denver with Demarcus Ware, Atlanta with Dwight Freeney, Baltimore with Elvis Dumerville. 

Yeah he signed Andre Johnson.  What's the problem with that?  We had Hilton, Moncrief and Doresett at the time and no more Reggie Wayne as a veteran for the group.  A lot of teams bring in a veteran WR to work with a young receiving corp. 

I don't care what he's done in the past.

That much is obvious. 

The whole point is he is stupid enough to do something like that. 

No, the whole point is that no, he's not...you're just trying to make it sound like he is because you don't like him.

What about this guy?  Just assuming they are looking to deal him.  Pagano loves Clemson players.  .

New Orleans Saints

Linebacker Stephone Anthony

A first-round pick in 2015 who started every game at middle linebacker last season and led the team with 112 tackles, Anthony barely plays now. He has just four tackles in 53 total snaps after being moved to the strong side, then was benched because of continued problems with assignments, recognition and instincts. The Saints like his athletic potential and have a desperate need for young talent on defense, so they would love to find a way to develop him. But if another team that liked Anthony in the draft were to come calling, he seems like a prime candidate for a change of scenery. -- Mike Triplett

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x161026/potential-nfl-trade-targets-every-team-2016

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

What about this guy?  Just assuming they are looking to deal him.  Pagano loves Clemson players.  .

New Orleans Saints

Linebacker Stephone Anthony

A first-round pick in 2015 who started every game at middle linebacker last season and led the team with 112 tackles, Anthony barely plays now. He has just four tackles in 53 total snaps after being moved to the strong side, then was benched because of continued problems with assignments, recognition and instincts. The Saints like his athletic potential and have a desperate need for young talent on defense, so they would love to find a way to develop him. But if another team that liked Anthony in the draft were to come calling, he seems like a prime candidate for a change of scenery. -- Mike Triplett

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x161026/potential-nfl-trade-targets-every-team-2016

I'd love to have Stephone Anthony. Was one of my favorites in last year's draft... 

26 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

BTW, you've named 5 players out of a 53 man roster.  Adams and Gore are playing well so it's not like having them has been detrimental to the team.  As far as Mathis and Cole...a lot of teams sign veteran pass rushers even as they're nearing the end of their career.  See Denver with Demarcus Ware, Atlanta with Dwight Freeney, Baltimore with Elvis Dumerville. 

Yeah he signed Andre Johnson.  What's the problem with that?  We had Hilton, Moncrief and Doresett at the time and no more Reggie Wayne as a veteran for the group.  A lot of teams bring in a veteran WR to work with a young receiving corp. 

That much is obvious. 

No, the whole point is that no, he's not...you're just trying to make it sound like he is because you don't like him.

LOL except Ware and Dumerville were actually still good when acquired Cole sucked and so did Johnson when numb nuts gave theme he cash. but your right I won't talk about him seems like it hurts your feelings 

14 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'd love to have Stephone Anthony. Was one of my favorites in last year's draft... 

If he's available I'd have to imagine Pagano and Grigson would be looking to make a deal on that one.   Pagano loves Clemson players and he's pretty young too.

3 hours ago, theanarchist said:

Grigson throwing picks around :facepalm::wall:

It's like giving the keys of your car to that uncle that has 5 DWI's and say, have a good night out!

He's made one bad trade.       The Trent trade.

What were the other ones?     Refresh my memory..............

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He's made one bad trade.       The Trent trade.

What were the other ones?     Refresh my memory..............

Well to be fair, he did trade Jerry Hughes for Kelvin Sheppard (no longer on the team), and he traded for Sio Moore, (no longer on the team). None as bad as the Trent Trade, but not good either.

28 minutes ago, krunk said:

If he's available I'd have to imagine Pagano and Grigson would be looking to make a deal on that one.   Pagano loves Clemson players and he's pretty young too.

Clemson has had some pretty good players the last couple years. They have more now.

27 minutes ago, krunk said:

Should know a lot of our defense too playing under Rob Ryan.

The problem seems to be with his grasp of the new defense. The Rob Ryan system ought to work for him, that's what they ran last year. 

5 minutes ago, Flash said:

Well to be fair, he did trade Jerry Hughes for Kelvin Sheppard (no longer on the team), and he traded for Sio Moore, (no longer on the team). None as bad as the Trent Trade, but not good either.

Well...   the Sio Moore trade was for a 6,  so that didn't hurt the team.

Fair point on the Jerry Hughes trade.     That too is on the negative side.

Then again,  he also traded for Vonte,  so that's in the plus column.

And he traded very little to move up and grab TY Hilton, that's a plus too.

My point is that the idea that every trade by Grigson is a disaster is not supported by facts....

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

My point is that the idea that every trade by Grigson is a disaster is not supported by facts....

Even with the Trent trade, people forget how absolutely desperate the RB situation was once Ballard got injured. Bradshaw was literally the only healthy RB left on the roster, and it was week 2. Personally, I was ecstatic when I heard the news, but the trade just didn't pan out. Rookie mistake on Grigson's part, and it won't happen again any time soon I'm guessing.

Just now, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Even with the Trent trade, people forget how absolutely desperate the RB situation was once Ballard got injured. Bradshaw was literally the only healthy RB left on the roster, and it was week 2. Personally, I was ecstatic when I heard the news, but the trade just didn't pan out. Rookie mistake on Grigson's part, and it won't happen again any time soon I'm guessing.

All fair points....

My reason for posting was to respond to a poster who proclaimed that Grigson is a bad trader and that to allow hm to trade was liking giving someone with a drinking problem the keys to the car.    

Completely bogus.

30 minutes ago, Superman said:

Clemson has had some pretty good players the last couple years. They have more now.

The problem seems to be with his grasp of the new defense. The Rob Ryan system ought to work for him, that's what they ran last year. 

I'd take a look at moving on that deal it it's there and what they are asking makes sense.

Stephone Anthony sounds like an interesting candidate if he is available. Richardson certainly is.  I don't think Grigson is afraid to deal for the right player.  He sounds like he really values draft picks now so I think he might be more inclined to trade a player.  Someone like Mike Adams to the Bears for Willie Young. We have Adams covered and I read where the Bears could use a safety and we could use a pass rusher.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Stephone Anthony sounds like an interesting candidate if he is available. Richardson certainly is.  I don't think Grigson is afraid to deal for the right player.  He sounds like he really values draft picks now so I think he might be more inclined to trade a player.  Someone like Mike Adams to the Bears for Willie Young. We have Adams covered and I read where the Bears could use a safety and we could use a pass rusher.

I couldn't see the bears making that move because they suck this year. Dont see how acquiring an old safety and getting rid of a decent young pass rusher helps them much.

If anything we should be looking for picks not players. Send Allen away for a 4th, it'll also give the Colts more cap room now which they can use in FA.

If someone offers a 2nd or 3rd for Dorsett they should listen. All he is  on the Colts is a third string receiver with potential that he's never going to realize.

17 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

If anything we should be looking for picks not players. Send Allen away for a 4th, it'll also give the Colts more cap room now which they can use in FA.

If someone offers a 2nd or 3rd for Dorsett they should listen. All he is  on the Colts is a third string receiver with potential that he's never going to realize.

I don't think anyone would part with a 4th for Allen

37 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

He is NOT a third STRING receiver.

He's their 3rd receiver in a 3 WR set.       That's not the same thing.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Aslo traded a fourth for Montori Hughes.