Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gronkowski Wins the Child Award.

ReMeDy

Beckham was weird, but Gronkowski wins it in the child department.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/things-get-testy-in-new-england-as-rob-gronkowski-vontaze-burfict-trade-words-201646583.html

Watch the video. It's still a one possession game (with a 2-pt conversion) with plenty of time left on the clock, and Gronk is running his mouth. I was furious when the refs didn't throw a penalty flag the first time, so I'm at least glad they showed up with the laundry on the second play.

1 minute ago, ReMeDy said:

Beckham was weird, but no, Gronkowski wins it in the child department.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/things-get-testy-in-new-england-as-rob-gronkowski-vontaze-burfict-trade-words-201646583.html

It's still a fairly close game with plenty of time left on the clock, and Gronk is throwing his mouth. I was furious when the refs didn't throw a penalty flag the first time, so I'm at least glad they showed up with the laundry on the second play.

I said the same thing to my husband.   When they gave him the penalty and said  one more and you'll be out, I said he should be out now.  They should have flagged :flag: him the first time.   He was taunting and instigating, thinking he wouldn't be called.   I thought he was a jerk.

22 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I said the same thing to my husband.   When they gave him the penalty and said  one more and you'll be out, I said he should be out now.  They should have flagged :flag: him the first time.   He was taunting and instigating, thinking he wouldn't be called.   I thought he was a jerk.

Yes Gronk is a jerk and has always been a jerk.

He is the best TE in the league and there is no reason for him to be mouthy and draw a dumb penalty on your team.

It was anyone else but Berfect, aka the thug I would agree. But part of me thinks we missed a lot of what was going on between the two ALL game.  THAT said between Gronk and Bennett the Pats have a scary scary TE combination.

(also BB. Gave Gronk a tongue lashing after that flag)

Berfect is a slob, Gronk simply said "you guys will never be our equal " and he is right. Gronk just blew off some steam and there is nothing wrong with that when you are crushing a team noted for being a bunch of criminals like we witnessed last year when their asinine tactics gave the Steelers the playoff game. 100% backing Gronk.

How many SB rings do the Bengals have?

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

Berfect is a slob, Gronk simply said "you guys will never be our equal " and he is right. Gronk just blew off some steam and there is nothing wrong with that when you are crushing a team noted for being a bunch of criminals like we witnessed last year when their asinine tactics gave the Steelers the playoff game. 100% backing Gronk.

How many SB rings do the Bengals have?

Aren't you the one who started the Beckham thread?   This is the exact same,  If not worse behavior and you condone it.    Well done by you :thmdown:

15 hours ago, JimJaime said:

It was anyone else but Berfect, aka the thug I would agree. But part of me thinks we missed a lot of what was going on between the two ALL game.  THAT said between Gronk and Bennett the Pats have a scary scary TE combination.

(also BB. Gave Gronk a tongue lashing after that flag)

Yeah I'm not sure we have the whole story.  

I seem to remember last year or the year before Berfect tried to twist Greg Olsen's ankle after the tackle.  Guy is a dirty player.  

Berfect might have done some dirty things after the play that the camera and the officials didn't pick up on which might have caused Gronk to lose his cool.

Not saying that Gronk shouldn't keep his cool even in that situation but considering it was Berfect I'll bet there where reasons it happened beyond Gronk being immature.  

11 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I agree about Burfict.  However, Gronk was taunting and instigating. He was just as much to blame.  He's a big Child.

After seeing what Birfect did to Bennett I have no doubt Gronk was sticking it into his face. I mean he was absolutely abusing him the entire second half.. 

24 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

After seeing what Birfect did to Bennett I have no doubt Gronk was sticking it into his face. I mean he was absolutely abusing him the entire second half.. 

In no way was I defending Burfict, there was a good reason why he was suspended the first 3 games.  What I basically said was that Gronk wasn't innocent, he was instigating and taunting and deserved his penalty.  It has nothing to do with loving to hate Gronk.  It's calling a spade a spade, and calling it like I saw it.

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

In no way was I defending Burfict, there was a good reason why he was suspended the first 3 games.  What I basically said was that Front wasn't innocent, he was instigating and taunting and deserved his penalty.  It has nothing to do with loving to hate Gronk.  It's calling a spade a spade, and calling it like I saw it.

Ahh ok well I had no problem with the penalty (AFTER I saw the hit).  I like the fact he didn't get physical but just pretty much told Burfect "well compared to me you bleeping suck!"  

You are right though the flag was warranted, I just don't believe he was being childish as much as sticking up for a teammate.

Something was definitely going down between those two all game. I did enjoy seeing ole' Bill give Rob a talkin' to. It wasn't even a screaming match from The Hood, just a stern conversation. And that's all that was needed to shut Gronk up. 

That's a real head coach. Not asking for respect, he commanded it. 

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Something was definitely going down between those two all game. I did enjoy seeing ole' Bill give Rob a talkin' to. It wasn't even a screaming match from The Hood, just a stern conversation. And that's all that was needed to shut Gronk up. 

I agree.  Gronk was okay after Bill spoke to him.  Who knows what he said, but it was effective.

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

Ahh ok well I had no problem with the penalty (AFTER I saw the hit).  I like the fact he didn't get physical but just pretty much told Burfect "well compared to me you bleeping suck!"  

You are right though the flag was warranted, I just don't believe he was being childish as much as sticking up for a teammate.

Even Manning got a taunting penalty once.  

48 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

When Dad speaks people listen haha Gronk was like OK with head down after Bill chewed him out.

23 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

He did? When? I don't remember that lol.. 

I do remember that. Here it is:

Everyone I know was so shocked when it happened, and considering it got put on YouTube and has over 250k views, I'd say a lot of other people were shocked, too!

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Aren't you the one who started the Beckham thread?   This is the exact same,  If not worse behavior and you condone it.    Well done by you :thmdown:

That's correct I started the Cry Baby Beckham thread and the reason is the difference between those two is as broad as the difference between you and a smart person. Don't like it? Too bad.

This article I think brings some prospective on this whole thing.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/did-vontaze-burfict-intentionally-step-on-legarrette-blounts-leg/ar-AAj52H9?li=BBnba9I

Seems to me that Burfict was pulling a lot of dirty stuff after plays where over and Gronk probably got angry about it.  

Again maybe it's not a good idea for him to do that.  But Peyton Manning got a taunting call once because he was defending a teammate.  I don't think you can say Gronk was immature because of it.  It's not like he's constantly getting these penalties.  

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

haha that is funny. Peyton was fired up about something!

Yes the play before DJ took a very cheap shot at Wes Welker and gave him yet another concussion. I'm pretty sure it was a preseason game which made matters worse. Apparently they had been practicing all week together too and some stuff had come up during the joint practices. Peyton was very angry he took out one of his best players in a meaningless game basically.

I think folks need a little back history to understand what is going on with Gronk's actions.  The Pats have suffered injuries in the last few years that, in their opinion and their fans - including me, have cost them in Dec., Jan, and Feb.  

In 2011, Pollard rolled up on the back of Gronk's legs in the 2011 AFCCG, he was hampered in SB 46 with an ankle injury.  In 2012, Sergio Brown's helmet "some how" came in contact with Gronk's forearm on a PAT breaking it and hindering the rest of his season.  In 2013, T. Ward took out Gronk's knee and his season.  In 2015 he got injured in the Denver game and we lost HFA forcing us to go to Denver for the AFCCG.   In 2014 he was healthy for the season and we had the good fortune to win the SB.

I got no problem with injuries as they are part of the game.  However, when a player gets injured and further at the result of reckless (and unnecessary actions) by an opponent and the same effects the season, it sits on a different footing for me and many players and fans.   

In the game Burfict made a run after Bennett's knees in the game on a play away from the play.  Also, i just heard on the radio today that he may have stepped on Blount's leg.  Given our above injury history, it is completely understandable why someone would take exception when this year they see a possible key player going down on a play that was not cool.

Given that Gronk has be hindered 4 out of the last 5 years due to injury, it is completely understandable that he would take exception to Burfict hit and let the folks know that enough is enough and he is tired of it all.

On one hand was not happy with how Gronk acted, but on the other hand I am glad that he let the opponents know it and the rest of the NFL that he is tired of this stuff and if it cost him 15 yards then so be it, yards well spent in my book.  

And no i do not think he was being a child.   Imagine if you guys lost Luck, or was hindered, for 4 out of the last 5 years hindering your season and then you see some take a shot at Luck and one of the linemen stood up for Luck, I think most here would agree that what the lineman did was something that was good not childish. 

12 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

I think folks need a little back history to understand what is going on with Gronk's actions.  The Pats have suffered injuries in the last few years that, in their opinion and their fans - including me, have cost them in Dec., Jan, and Feb.  

In 2011, Pollard rolled up on the back of Gronk's legs in the 2011 AFCCG, he was hampered in SB 46 with an ankle injury.  In 2012, Sergio Brown's helmet "some how" came in contact with Gronk's forearm on a PAT breaking it and hindering the rest of his season.  In 2013, T. Ward took out Gronk's knee and his season.  In 2015 he got injured in the Denver game and we lost HFA forcing us to go to Denver for the AFCCG.   In 2014 he was healthy for the season and we had the good fortune to win the SB.

I got no problem with injuries as they are part of the game.  However, when a player gets injured and further at the result of reckless (and unnecessary actions) by an opponent and the same effects the season, it sits on a different footing for me and many players and fans.   

In the game Burfict made a run after Bennett's knees in the game on a play away from the play.  Also, i just heard on the radio today that he may have stepped on Blount's leg.  Given our above injury history, it is completely understandable why someone would take exception when this year they see a possible key player going down on a play that was not cool.

Given that Gronk has be hindered 4 out of the last 5 years due to injury, it is completely understandable that he would take exception to Burfict hit and let the folks know that enough is enough and he is tired of it all.

On one hand was not happy with how Gronk acted, but on the other hand I am glad that he let the opponents know it and the rest of the NFL that he is tired of this stuff and if it cost him 15 yards then so be it, yards well spent in my book.  

And no i do not think he was being a child.   Imagine if you guys lost Luck, or was hindered, for 4 out of the last 5 years hindering your season and then you see some take a shot at Luck and one of the linemen stood up for Luck, I think most here would agree that what the lineman did was something that was good not childish. 

What has that have to do with Gronk bringing his off field personality onto the field?

We know he is popular with his parties and his running his mouth away from football but bringing it onto the field hurts his team. By me binging old school has something to do with me thinking let your play on the field do your talking and leave the jabber jaws to the me, me, look at me crowd.

13 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

Yea, but he was literally mouthing off against everyone, and how else are people supposed to bring down a behemoth, like Gronk? They have to chop him down at the legs, cause they sure as hell can't hit high.

As for the 15 yds is well deserved penalty, that's typical Patriots behavior. The Patriots love to send a message to the league, and they're good enough that they can overcome those penalty deficits. If it was the Colts and we saw an unsportsmanlike conduct, we would flip the hell out, so in your context, I suppose I agree with you, but it pisses me off you guys are good enough that you can overlook those yds. I can't wait for Belichick and Brady to retire.

4 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

This article I think brings some prospective on this whole thing.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/did-vontaze-burfict-intentionally-step-on-legarrette-blounts-leg/ar-AAj52H9?li=BBnba9I

Seems to me that Burfict was pulling a lot of dirty stuff after plays where over and Gronk probably got angry about it.  

Again maybe it's not a good idea for him to do that.  But Peyton Manning got a taunting call once because he was defending a teammate.  I don't think you can say Gronk was immature because of it.  It's not like he's constantly getting these penalties.  

I understand your point but Gronk has had a couple of instances in the past where he has acted childish.

I guess you don't remember when he purposely tried to hurt a Colt player by hitting and throwing him out of the end zone and then making a childish comment he threw him out of the club?

That is one of the reasons he is not well liked by some.

Bringing your off field personality onto the field does him nor anyone else any good.

He's childish because he's trash talking someone who tried to take him and Bennett out? Burfict was trash talking too but the thing is he and everyone on is defense couldn't stop gronk and gronk was letting them all know he was demolishing them lol hate the pats but I love how gronk plays he's pretty much best Te ever despite the lack of receptions compared to say TG

40 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I understand your point but Gronk has had a couple of instances in the past where he has acted childish.

I guess you don't remember when he purposely tried to hurt a Colt player by hitting and throwing him out of the end zone and then making a childish comment he threw him out of the club?

That is one of the reasons he is not well liked by some.

Bringing your off field personality onto the field does him nor anyone else any good.

I recall him and Sergio going at it but couldve swore Sergio started the nonsense and got handled in the long run 

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

Yea, but he was literally mouthing off against everyone, and how else are people supposed to bring down a behemoth, like Gronk? They have to chop him down at the legs, cause they sure as hell can't hit high.

As for the 15 yds is well deserved penalty, that's typical Patriots behavior. The Patriots love to send a message to the league, and they're good enough that they can overcome those penalty deficits. If it was the Colts and we saw an unsportsmanlike conduct, we would flip the hell out, so in your context, I suppose I agree with you, but it pisses me off you guys are good enough that you can overlook those yds. I can't wait for Belichick and Brady to retire.

While the Patriots are a good team they're not good enough to go hand out free penalty yards. They may stand their ground at times and get a penalty but unsportsmanlike penalties are rare for that team. They're coached pretty tight to not get penalties.

1 hour ago, will426 said:

I recall him and Sergio going at it but couldve swore Sergio started the nonsense and got handled in the long run 

NO matter what Sergio said on the field didn't deserve what Gronk did to him in trying to hurt him. You can stand up for him and make all the excuses in the world for him but there are no excuses acceptable for trying to hurt someone on purpose.

Players need to let their play on the field do there talking.

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

What has that have to do with Gronk bringing his off field personality onto the field?

We know he is popular with his parties and his running his mouth away from football but bringing it onto the field hurts his team. By me binging old school has something to do with me thinking let your play on the field do your talking and leave the jabber jaws to the me, me, look at me crowd.

Crazycolt1, there comes a time when enough is enough, a person needs to respond, turning the other cheek only works for so long.  The manner in which someone displays his displeasure with a enough is enough does not matter to me, provided he does not do anything that will cause a suspension.   If it is getting in someone's face and yaking and then bobbing ones heads to the sideline so be it.  

The one good thing was that Gronk did not do anything that could of warranted a suspension.  I got no problem with someone getting in someone's face.

Its like some have said here earlier with Manning.  A Houston DB took, in my opinion, and unnecessary and dangerous shot on Welker earlier in the preseason game and Manning wanted to let the DB know about with a head butt, not forceful one, but one, I had no problem with his actions. 

4 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

ReMeDy, yes he was mouthing off at a lot of people, perhaps more than he should have, but at the same time he was not happy and I do not blame him.  I did not like him getting after Pacman who was on the ground but maybe he thought the guy was going after his ankle.  Still he should of walked away from that interaction imo. 

As for taking down Gronk, I hear yah and agree that folks are going to go low, and there are chances for injuries (trust me i hold my breath when he is running).  But at the same time ReMeDy there needs to be some level of responsibility on behalf of the defender to not take actions that could result in injuries.  I believe both Pollard's and Ward's hits were reckless and unnecessary.   Contrary to the Denver DB hit last year he was just coming around the front of Gronk's legs.  

As for the 15 yard penalties, for the most part our players are disciplined.  At the same time though our players have taken costly 15 yard penalties.  Two come to mind, one being last year AFCCG where Stoke headbutted a Bronco on the drive set up by Amendola's good punt return and i think we were just in Denver territory and had 2nd and short, which became 2nd and long.  And in 2008 when TE Brady pushed down Mathis (who had push Moss) and 3rd and 1 from the colts 21 or so, became 3rd and 16 from the colts 36 or so.  Needless to say both players were not on the team after the year.    So we can overcome some but not all.

Yes Gronk should of gotten 15 yard penalty. 

56 minutes ago, Jules said:

When I saw the thread title I literally thought it was about Gronk maybe getting a child community service award or something.

lol I could see that, yea. Maybe all of the Pats will win a participation trophy when they lose in the Superbowl.