Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning To Redskins?

KyFan18

Why is Washington always listed near the top of the list for possible destinations for Manning? I know they don't have a good QB, but do people really think Manning will go there? They are terrible. He would have no reliable receivers and a bunch of running backs that can't stay healthy. Plus, he'd be going up against Eli twice a year. I really don't understand why the talking heads (Mortensen, Herm Edwards, etc.) keeping saying they are the favorite to land Manning if he leaves Indy.

Because Daniel Snyder will back a tow truck up filled with cash into Peytons driveway. Their defense is also not bad at all.

The two teams that stick out to me are the 49ers and Jets. Alex Smith will be a free agent. I know Harbaugh seems kinda loyal to Smith but that offense is the reason they didn't get to the SB. You don't go 1-13 on 3rd down when your defense is playing lights out and lose the game.

The Jets have all the pieces in place except a quarterback that can protect the ball and drive down the field. I think Sanchez is their biggest cap hit this upcoming season too.

49ers make the most sense to me. They are close to a Super Bowl and their QB was under a one year contract. With that said I don't know their cap situation.

Yeah I think it makes the most sense he does leave. Alex Smith is a FA so they have the option to bring in Peyton if he's a FA.

Def. a loaded team that could help Peyton get another ring or 2.

Imagine if it's Tennessee.... I suppose Locker and a team that isn't all that close would prevent it. He is as beloved there as in Indy.

But if a FA, I don't think Manning places money first on the list. It would be how close he thinks the team is to a title run. If it's SF, it would be funny to see Harbaugh, the Colts QB Peyton replaced coaching him, while Luck, the QB Harbaugh coached, replaces PM in Indy. That almost makes my head hurt. The 49ers do have a young, raw QB in Kaepernick that could sit for a few more years under contract as a backup.

Because Daniel Snyder will back a tow truck up filled with cash into Peytons driveway. Their defense is also not bad at all.

The two teams that stick out to me are the 49ers and Jets. Alex Smith will be a free agent. I know Harbaugh seems kinda loyal to Smith but that offense is the reason they didn't get to the SB. You don't go 1-13 on 3rd down when your defense is playing lights out and lose the game.

The Jets have all the pieces in place except a quarterback that can protect the ball and drive down the field. I think Sanchez is their biggest cap hit this upcoming season too.

As much as I disagree with you and your logic, this is very much logical and the two places I could see him.

La Confora keeps saying he won't go to the Skins or Jets. For me, if he can't stay in Indy, San Fran makes the most sense. San Fran or Baltimore, but San Fran is more likely

I think Baltimore is happy with Flacco. Let's be honest Joe Flacco is not why the Ravens aren't in the Super Bowl right now.

They have the $, and a good HC that Manning respects, but i do not see them as an option for one reason and one reason alone. You mentioned it. Eli Manning.

exactly! Peyton has said he hates having to play against his brother...why on earth would he want to do it 8x in 4yrs to finish his career?

La Confora keeps saying he won't go to the Skins or Jets. For me, if he can't stay in Indy, San Fran makes the most sense. San Fran or Baltimore, but San Fran is more likely

They talked about pm to Baltimore today on the fan, I live in Baltimore, and they rather go with flacco long term than manning for 4 years.. But my 4 were 49ers, jets, ravens, cowboys. Cardinals suck, skins suck, he is going to want to win.

You know the Colts have to be praying that Miami doesn't end up with him like they want him. Miami comes here next year. The Colts could be the road team in their own building if that happens...

I am hearing mostly NFC West teams going after him, 49ers, Cards, and Seahawks. That gets him out of the AFC and mean the Colts wouldn't see him till two years from now unless it's a Super Bowl. That gives Luck or RG3 a chance to get established a little bit and let Manning maybe fade just a little.

Manning will want to win sb's.. I see him on the jets or in the afc, wanting to stick it to Indy ..

Cardinals have as good of a chance as the Jets. Do you think he wants to deal with the distraction of playing in the same city as his brother? Especially if Eli wins another. He will never hear the end of the comparisons

Cardinals have as good of a chance as the Jets. Do you think he wants to deal with the distraction of playing in the same city as his brother? Especially if Eli wins another. He will never hear the end of the comparisons

Cardinals have the same chance as the jets?

Here's a thought that I had two days ago, when the writing hit the wall or whatever concerning Peyton and my Colts: What about Peyton Manning to (barf) DENVER?

The Donks, with an inadequate Tim Tebow at the helm, made it as far as playing New England for a chance at the AFC game and a ticket to the Super Bowl. What if Denver, with (barf) John Elway in charge of football ops, could somehow lure Manning to the team? Things to consider after you finish throwing up:

1. If Peyton had been playing that game instead of Teejus, the Donks may well have won.

2. Elway in charge, Peyton as the starter...who else could provide guidance to Tebow at how to play NFL QB during the off-season? If Tebow can't learn from ELWAY AND PEYTON MANNING, he never will.

3. The rest of the pieces (save for a WR that they simply HAVE to get...somewhere, somehow) are already in place.

4. The AFC West (?) the division they're in is WEAK. Playoff birth is a given.

It seems logical to me, if Denver can afford it and if Peyton would do it. I'm honestly sorta surprised why nobody (that I know of anyway) has brought it up. I hate to see P-Diddy go, but times change and teams change with it. Just thought I'd put it out there.

Yeah as others have said it's strictly because of $. Dan Snyder throws around a lot of it usually for busts. If Peyton went there it probably wouldn't bode well for him. That said, I don't think it happens because he won't want to bump heads with Eli in the same division. Nevertheless, many here in "Redskin territory" are talking like it is a done deal if Peyton ever hits the open market. They would throw serious bank at the man and Snyder is just foolish enough to not be deterred by the risk involved.

Why is Washington always listed near the top of the list for possible destinations for Manning? I know they don't have a good QB, but do people really think Manning will go there? They are terrible. He would have no reliable receivers and a bunch of running backs that can't stay healthy. Plus, he'd be going up against Eli twice a year. I really don't understand why the talking heads (Mortensen, Herm Edwards, etc.) keeping saying they are the favorite to land Manning if he leaves Indy.

Just wondering but has Peyton even stated that he doesnt like playing against his brother? I dont see why it would be such a big deal. Its not like Peyton is a DE trying to punish Eli by sacking him as often as possible.

Think it works better than you may think, He will hear that anywhere he goes. This way he could be as close to his brother as he could be and not be a division rival.

I don't see Peyton being anywhere as successfulwith any other team. You have to realize if he runs the same system as here the offense will struggle because the players don't have the experience. Our receivers says it takes 2 years to learn this system. The other option is he will have to learn the new teams OC offense. The better option will be for him to learn the new teams system because it will be less complicated but he will lose some of the flexibilty that makes him so great.

Just wondering but has Peyton even stated that he doesnt like playing against his brother? I dont see why it would be such a big deal. Its not like Peyton is a DE trying to punish Eli by sacking him as often as possible.

I'm pretty sure that the last time he played, he said that he didn't really like it. Also, I remember after that game that he didn't make himself available to the media afterword because he didn't want to take questions about it.

I'm pretty sure that the last time he played, he said that he didn't really like it. Also, I remember after that game that he didn't make himself available to the media afterword because he didn't want to take questions about it.

He hates it you can tell by just watching him. Frankly the Giants game last year was the last time the Colts just flat out had a great game all the way around and after word Peyton looked ticked off and I think it's because of how badly Eli played as his brother he hates it.

With that said I am not sure any of the NFC East teams are realistic options for Peyton:

Giants clearly no for obvious reasons

Eagles just commited to Mike Vick

Redskins I think Peyton knows they are a mess and while he can probably get more money out of them than anyone else I don't think Peyton is going to go into this looking for money.

Cowboys I think could make a run at Peyton if they have the money. Jerry Jones would love to have Peyton Manning on his team and frankly there is talent there but I think having to play Eli twice a year might make Peyton look some place else.

I think it's going to be a NFC West team or the Dolphins. I have a really bad feeling it will be Miami. It keeps Peyton in the AFC and they are going to go after him as see him as a chance to have the first time to have a QB since Dan Marino was there. With that said they aren't exactly a Peyton Manning away from a Super Bowl so that might scair Peyton off. There is also a chance if Peyton goes to Miami he takes Reggie Wayne with him. The biggest problem with going to Miami from a fans stand point is that Miami comes to Indy next year. That will be a nightmare game for the Colts and if Andrew Luck or RGIII doesn't have a career day that day as a rookie and Manning plays like Manning the crowd might very well get ugly.

This is a good example of the problem. March 8th, say he's close, and Peyton makes a case for continued and completed rehab close to after the payment due date. It's a tough situation, and it reinforces the fact that Irsay being the boss had a legit point about saying "keep it in house".

This is a good example of the problem. March 8th, say he's close, and Peyton makes a case for continued and completed rehab close to after the payment due date. It's a tough situation, and it reinforces the fact that Irsay being the boss had a legit point about saying "keep it in house".

Then why did he respond via the media? He should have kept in house. Not much of a stink was made about 18's comments until the Irsay response.