Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning To Redskins?

KyFan18

Then why did he respond via the media? He should have kept in house. Not much of a stink was made about 18's comments until the Irsay response.

A huge stink was made when Peyton talked monday, a huge one. They are both making a move for leverage in fan support as far as I can tell. It's so totally out of character for these guys to engage the media with this intent. The fact is they are both using Kravitz and the rest of the media to state this stuff.. It's not the media's fault Peyton had surgery and couldn't play setting up this situation.

Your not surprised a sports beat writer who gets the scoop on this won't try to make hey? I'm guessing a small market sports beat writer couldn't do better, for better or worse.

A huge stink was made when Peyton talked monday, a huge one. They are both making a move for leverage in fan support as far as I can tell. It's so totally out of character for these guys to do engage the media with this intent. The fact is they are both using Kravitz and the rest of the media to state this stuff.. It's not the media's fault Peyton had surgery and couldn't playbsetting up this situation.

Your not surprised a sports beat writer who gets the scoop on this won't try to make hey? I'm guessing a small market sports beat writer couldn't do better, for better or worse.

It pales in comparison to today. I'm just saying it would have been much better for Irsay just to address Peyton privately. The same could be said for Peyton, but two wrongs don't make a right...and that is on the premise that Manning was actually wrong.

It pales in comparison to today. I'm just saying it would have been much better for Irsay just to address Peyton privately. The same could be said for Peyton, but two wrongs don't make a right...and that is on the premise that Manning was actually wrong.

I'm not surprised Peyton doesn't like this, beyond that how is he right, or what did he stand to gain by giving "that" interview after 13 years of literally saying nothing but the company line.

I'm not surprised Peyton doesn't like this, beyond that how is he right, or what did he stand to gain by giving "that" interview after 13 years of literally saying nothing but the company line.

I don't disagree with his comments. The only thing that was even relatively negative was "

"It's not a real good environment down there right now, to say the least." and just because it can be viewed as a negative doesn't mean it's not the truth.

I am in Arizona now and all the sports talk is how to get Manning. I haven't herd that much coming for the Cards just the media. It would be great for me though. I would rather he played in Indy though.

When Manning is released, and IF he does not retire we will see a bidding war unlike any other...

I don't disagree with his comments. The only thing that was even relatively negative was "

"It's not a real good environment down there right now, to say the least." and just because it can be viewed as a negative doesn't mean it's not the truth.

What did Irsay say that wasn't ..true isn't the word. did he do anything out of line by addressing Manning's sentiments? Maybe, Irsay thought so.

The bigger problem is that they haven't delt with this face to face..

What did Irsay say that wasn't ..true isn't the word. did he do anything out of line by addressing Manning's sentiments? Maybe, Irsay thought so.

The bigger problem is that they haven't delt with this face to face..

I'm not saying what Irsay said wasn't truthful and i agree true might not be the best word. The only thing that could be out of line was that he was a bit hypocritical. Saying it should stay "in house" and then not doing the same. Yeah he's the owner and he makes the rules, but it's not coming off good either.

That might be part of Peyton's issue.. He might not have had a face to face meeting on any of this.

Thanks for "liking" my prior commnents...you're the only one so far. I hope there's more so I can post here in the future. Anyway....

As to the question, Peyton is smart. He sees the writing on the wall and he knows how much he's loved in the INDIANA, STATE OF area. He's playing nice, and it's only his neck disks/spinal nerve that is in question. He has in excess of $150,000,000 to his bank account...and he's earned it. Money problems are not an issue.

MY problem with Peyton is simply this: I know he wants to play, but $28 million is a HUGE risk to pay out front for a guy, regardless of who it is, to be able (medically/physically) to play again. Let alone multiple years. And it counts against the salary cap. AND, this is a big 'and'...if he takes a bad hit/blind side sack/ hits the turf wrong...he could be a permanent cripple...in a wheelchair for life....AND FOR WHATt? He has his millions, a beautiful wife and kids...and yet one bad/unfortunate hit could cripple him for the rest of his life. Seriously. I guess I just don't get it.

Thanks for "liking" my prior commnents...you're the only one so far. I hope there's more so I can post here in the future. Anyway....

As to the question, Peyton is smart. He sees the writing on the wall and he knows how much he's loved in the INDIANA, STATE OF area. He's playing nice, and it's only his neck disks/spinal nerve that is in question. He has in excess of $150,000,000 to his bank account...and he's earned it. Money problems are not an issue.

MY problem with Peyton is simply this: I know he wants to play, but $28 million is a HUGE risk to pay out front for a guy, regardless of who it is, to be able (medically/physically) to play again. Let alone multiple years. And it counts against the salary cap. AND, this is a big 'and'...if he takes a bad hit/blind side sack/ hits the turf wrong...he could be a permanent cripple...in a wheelchair for life....AND FOR WHATt? He has his millions, a beautiful wife and kids...and yet one bad/unfortunate hit could cripple him for the rest of his life. Seriously. I guess I just don't get it.

I really don't think the injury is that serious. There may be some nerve regeneration issues, but this is not, as I understand it, an injury that is going to leave someone at high risk for permanent injury. LOTS of players come back from this procedure.