Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For once I agree with Kravtiz

csmopar

I think they'll play better at home against the Chargers(at least I hope).  One win can help a lot.  I am not giving up just yet.  Lets hope we get some defensive players back.  Any news on if Butler(hamstring), Geathers(foot), Green(knee), Anderson(knee) and Cromartie(shoulder) are going to be out for a while or are just day to day? 

3 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I think they'll play better at home against the Chargers(at least I hope).  One win can help a lot.  I am not giving up just yet.  Lets hope we get some defensive players back.  Any news on if Butler(hamstring), Geathers(foot), Green(knee), Anderson(knee) and Cromartie(shoulder) are going to be out for a while or are just day to day? 

If we're really lucky, we could see Anderson, Geathers, maybe Green back in action next week. Butler couldn't even jog to the endzone, so I don't see him recovering from that in just 1 week's time, and I don't really know what's up with Cromartie, so I'll just go ahead and assume he's out for a month until I hear differently.

10 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He's right about everything, especially the part where he says if we lose to SD next week, it's over. Truer words have not been spoken.

Agreed

4 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

No news yet.

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

If we're really lucky, we could see Anderson, Geathers, maybe Green back in action next week. Butler couldn't even jog to the endzone, so I don't see him recovering from that in just 1 week's time, and I don't really know what's up with Cromartie, so I'll just go ahead and assume he's out for a month until I hear differently.

Butler said his hamstring tightened up on him.  It's possible that could be worked out for the Chargers game, but who knows with this teams injuries.

16 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He's right about everything, especially the part where he says if we lose to SD next week, it's over. Truer words have not been spoken.

A little nervous about next week.  San Diego has traditionally had our number and their offense has looked efficient in 2 games (very efficient vs. JAX yesterday). 

I don't think it's end of the world if we lose next week, but it certainly won't help.  I'm looking at it as a must-win... but do think this team is going to be much better when we get our starters back.

Just now, krunk said:

Butler said his hamstring tightened up on him.  It's possible that could be worked out for the Chargers game, but who knows with this teams injuries.

There's no such thing as a minor injury with this group. I'd be willing to bet that in today's presser, Pagano's gonna be throwing around the old "week-to-week" status like confetti.

Just now, Steamboat_Shaun said:

There's no such thing as a minor injury with this group. I'd be willing to bet that in today's presser, Pagano's gonna be throwing around the old "week-to-week" status like confetti.

In 15 years of watching this team this is the worst injury situation I believe I have ever seen.  I don't know if I've even seen this on anybody elses' team either.

Very good article.....because I remember Pagano saying they need their CBs healthy(especially Vontae) to be able to run the type of defense they want. But without VD and PR, and quite frankly every other db on the team, they have to be conservative. However, I did see some very nice blitz calls for Mike Adams that did really well.

I think the DL has held up well and with better cb play, that will by them that extra step or 2 to finally get some more sacks.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

In 15 years of watching this team this is the worst injury situation I believe I have ever seen.  I don't know if I've even seen this on anybody elses' team either.

Yeah, I don't get it. Football is rough, and injuries are bound to happen, but this is beyond pathetic. And also very annoying, because there's no one to directly pin the blame. Our guys are just dropping like flies, no rhyme or reason. People keep saying "we'll be better when we're 100% healthy," but I just don't see that happening anytime soon.

Injuries are not new to the NFL and every other team has to deal with them.  Ever see Pittsburgh make excuses or New England?  They just go next man up and it works....Not so much for us.  We have the wrong players in the system.  Blame who you want for that, but until it changes then expect more of yesterday ....So frustrating, as the offense is an offensive lineman or two away from being sound.

3 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Yeah, I don't get it. Football is rough, and injuries are bound to happen, but this is beyond pathetic. And also very annoying, because there's no one to directly pin the blame. Our guys are just dropping like flies, no rhyme or reason. People keep saying "we'll be better when we're 100% healthy," but I just don't see that happening anytime soon.

I kind of knew where things were headed early in the game when Cromartie made his first tackle on the left side then got up injured.  Then when Butler fell out returning the pick 6 that just confirmed everything thing.  This is just a crazy bad injury bug!

7 minutes ago, rpeay said:

Injuries are not new to the NFL and every other team has to deal with them.  Ever see Pittsburgh make excuses or New England?  They just go next man up and it works....Not so much for us.  We have the wrong players in the system.  Blame who you want for that, but until it changes then expect more of yesterday ....So frustrating, as the offense is an offensive lineman or two away from being sound.

Injuries have nothing whatsoever to do with "wrong players".  I've watched football for almost 30 years, i've never seen a team down to 5th and 6th and in some cases 7th string Cornerbacks.  

Take von miller, ware, talib, wolfe out of denver, put in no names who were not even on practice squads last week and tell me how Denver can be the same defense.  We're missing 9 out of 11 starters going into week 3...... we have 6, count them, 6 DBs HURT!.  That effects what you can do on defense.

Now the offense, yeah, they have no excuse. But the fact we forced a tight game against 2 teams, one a high scoring offense on a win streak (detroit) and the other the best dang team in the league who happen to have held Tom Brady, Ben Rorthisberger and Cam newton to under 20 points EACH and they did it to Newton TWICE, the fact we even had a shot tells us we're not as far off as some of you gloom and doomers are thinking.

Fire sale! Get rid of Pagano and Grigson. Trade Luck to the Browns for a ransom. Trade TY to the Chargers. Cut Gore so he can go to a contender. ;)

Seriously though, this team isn't a contender. Luck might be able to carry us to a WC, but we need talent. A top 5 pick is more appealing than a WC loss. I know this won't be a popular opinion, but you will jump on the train after next week. #Suckforsomecollegeguy

Injuries have a lot to do with the wrong players and it doesn't matter how long you have watched football.  I have been a Colts fan since '75 and this defensive unit seems to be one of our weakest.  Conditioning helps prevent injuries and I am starting to also wonder if some of these guys are just avoiding getting on the field (hurting or truly injured).  Not trying to be a "gloom and doomer", but in reality we need to change a lot to be a winner.  

22 minutes ago, krunk said:

I kind of knew where things were headed early in the game when Cromartie made his first tackle on the left side then got up injured.  Then when Butler fell out returning the pick 6 that just confirmed everything thing.  This is just a crazy bad injury bug!

I think Cromartie is a loafer. He does not put his body in harm's way too often and too easily. If it is something that is waist high and above, there is some effort. If it is down and dirty tackling he has to get muddy with, he will not do it. I still remember when Shonn Greene and the Jets had to convert a critical 4th and 1 in the Jets playoff divisional game vs the Chargers to seal it 17-14, I think the score was. Cromartie was just seen backing off charging the line of scrimmage when Greene was getting that tough contested yard. That was in 2009, he has not changed much. Then he joined the Jets in 2010, same thing. Revis is a stellar tackler. As the last line of D and everyone knowing it was a run, he could have made a bang bang play but he chose not to, much like Cam Newton did backing off a fumble recovery when he fumbled the second time in the SB thus giving the Broncos the ball.

Unfortunately, he is what we have right now. Hopefully, we don't need much tackling from him because he definitely went to the Deion Sanders' school of non-tackling CBs.

7 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i want to agree with the article but i cant say that i do

i think its more likely we are drafting in the top ten, than we compete for a playoff spot.

we have too many weaknesses for other teams to exploit

The next 2 games will tell us a lot about this team.

1-3, we have a wild card chance in the playoffs, 0-4 can pretty much kiss the playoffs goodbye.

35 minutes ago, rpeay said:

Injuries have a lot to do with the wrong players and it doesn't matter how long you have watched football.  I have been a Colts fan since '75 and this defensive unit seems to be one of our weakest.  Conditioning helps prevent injuries and I am starting to also wonder if some of these guys are just avoiding getting on the field (hurting or truly injured).  Not trying to be a "gloom and doomer", but in reality we need to change a lot to be a winner.  

I'll agree on the weakest unit. But that's about it.  the rest, we'll just have to agree to disagree.  I'm simply saying that I've never seen this many injuries to the SAME POSITION as we have had to our secondary this season. 4 injuries to 4 different positions is easier to overcome than 4 injuries to the same position.  Look at the QB situation we had last year.......... No one, I mean no team in the NFL has the depth on their rosters deep enough to cover 6 CBs hurt, including all of the starters, AND 2 of the 4 safeties to still be effective in the secondary. 

also, I've never seen a CB get hurt, untouched, with a wide open, clear field on a pick 6 TD..... I mean he just stopped running and fell like he'd been shot.

What the hell kind of an article was that?  No worries, everything will be just fine... unless they lose ONE more game?  :lol:   Thanks for the comforting thoughts, Bob.  I feel so much better. 

If the difference, the margin for error, between everything being just fine and the season being completely lost is ONE game, everything is not fine, Bob. 

9 minutes ago, #12. said:

What the hell kind of an article was that?  No worries, everything will be just fine... unless they lose ONE more game?  :lol:   Thanks for the comforting thoughts, Bob.  I feel so much better. 

If the difference, the margin for error, between everything being just fine and the season being completely lost is ONE game, everything is not fine, Bob. 

Krawitz is 'randomly' selected for drug test. :-))))

:sarcasm:

I think I understand his point. We're Colts' fans after all, not only when they are winning, also when they are loosing. 

Beating Chargers is a must, and though injuries are looming, we shall keep the faith. 

51 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I think Cromartie is a loafer. He does not put his body in harm's way too often and too easily. If it is something that is waist high and above, there is some effort. If it is down and dirty tackling he has to get muddy with, he will not do it. I still remember when Shonn Greene and the Jets had to convert a critical 4th and 1 in the Jets playoff divisional game vs the Chargers to seal it 17-14, I think the score was. Cromartie was just seen backing off charging the line of scrimmage when Greene was getting that tough contested yard. That was in 2009, he has not changed much. Then he joined the Jets in 2010, same thing. Revis is a stellar tackler. As the last line of D and everyone knowing it was a run, he could have made a bang bang play but he chose not to, much like Cam Newton did backing off a fumble recovery when he fumbled the second time in the SB thus giving the Broncos the ball.

Unfortunately, he is what we have right now. Hopefully, we don't need much tackling from him because he definitely went to the Deion Sanders' school of non-tackling CBs.

Well, I have to give him credit for sticking his nose into that tackle.  Hopefully, the injury won't dissuade him from trying it again.

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Well, beating the Chargers with no secondary isn't a gimmie. I'm not sure this thing get's turned around this season. Go look at the schedule and tell me who the Colts even beat on paper right now. 

My hope is with the London game, to be honest. Jags are not as good as advertised and I don't think they will enjoy any kind of home field advantage in London. That is when I feel we get our first win.

1 hour ago, PeterBowman said:

The Chargers could be without Danny Woodhead so that could be a plus. He's the type of player that would give the team fits.

They will be without woodhead he tore his ACL yesterday and Allen their good receiver is also out for the season we could have a chance sunday if we just play better all the way around.

1 hour ago, SanDiegoColt8 said:

Fire sale! Get rid of Pagano and Grigson. Trade Luck to the Browns for a ransom. Trade TY to the Chargers. Cut Gore so he can go to a contender. ;)

Seriously though, this team isn't a contender. Luck might be able to carry us to a WC, but we need talent. A top 5 pick is more appealing than a WC loss. I know this won't be a popular opinion, but you will jump on the train after next week. #Suckforsomecollegeguy

Whether this is sarcasm I don't know but if it isn't get real we are not trading luck now Hilton  maybe but not luck.

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

They will be without woodhead he tore his ACL yesterday and Allen their good receiver is also out for the season we could have a chance sunday if we just play better all the way around.

The chance is there but don't sleep on melvin gordon he can be a bruiser in the run game and malcom floyd can make plays when necessary 

2 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Last Friday Anderson return to full practice for the first time since that injury so I think we held him out one more week as a precaution just to make sure he is ready.

45 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Krawitz is 'randomly' selected for drug test. :-))))

:sarcasm:

I think I understand his point. We're Colts' fans after all, not only when they are winning, also when they are loosing. 

Beating Chargers is a must, and though injuries are looming, we shall keep the faith. 

If we lose this game then go to London and lose there too then we are completely done its that simple if we don't win these next two we are finished.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I agree. I thought the 2014 team where we had like 25 players put on IR was bad. That was bad, but most of the 25 or so weren't starters like the injuries we have this year.

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

I agree. I thought the 2014 team where we had like 25 players put on IR was bad. That was bad, but most of the 25 or so weren't starters like the injuries we have this year.

It's so ridiculous it's funny sometimes!  Damn near the first play of the game on defense is an injury.  It's like we are made of paper machete or something.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Injuries have nothing whatsoever to do with "wrong players".  I've watched football for almost 30 years, i've never seen a team down to 5th and 6th and in some cases 7th string Cornerbacks.  

Take von miller, ware, talib, wolfe out of denver, put in no names who were not even on practice squads last week and tell me how Denver can be the same defense.  We're missing 9 out of 11 starters going into week 3...... we have 6, count them, 6 DBs HURT!.  That effects what you can do on defense.

Now the offense, yeah, they have no excuse. But the fact we forced a tight game against 2 teams, one a high scoring offense on a win streak (detroit) and the other the best dang team in the league who happen to have held Tom Brady, Ben Rorthisberger and Cam newton to under 20 points EACH and they did it to Newton TWICE, the fact we even had a shot tells us we're not as far off as some of you gloom and doomers are thinking.

I agree. Good post. Though I did post a thread questioning a few things about Pagano, we still have 14 games left. We have started 0-2 twice under him and made the playoffs. No time to panic yet.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

It's so ridiculous it's funny sometimes!  Damn near the first play of the game on defense is an injury.  It's like we are made of paper machete or something.

Darius Butler getting hurt running back a pick six was utterly ridiculous. I'm not sure I've ever seen something like that before.  That could have been a huge game changer, but his damn hammy had to give out at the worst time.

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Darius Butler getting hurt running back a pick six was utterly ridiculous. I'm not sure I've ever seen something like that before.  That could have been a huge game changer, but his damn hammy had to give out at the worst time.

The funny thing about Butler is every time you're at the point in your mind where you think he's a Bum he always turns around and gets a pick 6 or some kind of game changing play.  He got a pick against Denver last year too.