Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Detroit (+3) at Indianapolis (9-11-16)

oldunclemark

4:25 EST......inside Lucas Oil Stadium

Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnson and Laura Okman on FOX

over-under ....   50.5

Veteran Lions QB Matthew Stafford (398 of 592, 4,262 yards, 32 TDs, 13 INTs) is back with WR Golden Tate (90 catches, 813 yards) and pass catching back Theo Riddick (80 catches, 697 yards) plus free agent Marvin Jones...

Detroit will score points..I like Sameer Abdullah running the ball, too..but the Lins O-line has been juggled, shuffled an shape-shifted . Don't know what they have

On defense..pass rusher Ezekiel Anash had 14 1/2 sacks last year...Lions were 1-7 and then finished 6-2 to end up 7-9 for former Colts coach (and fan favorite) Jim Caldwell.

This is the return of Andrew Luck to the staring lineup after missing 9 game s last year..

He'll have the 'power of 3' at wide receiver with TY Hilton (69 catches, 1,194 yards), Donte Moncrief (64 catches, 733 yards) and Phillip Dorsett (18 catches, 225 yards - missed half of last year   Frank Gore (260 carries, 967 yards, 6 TDs) will benefit from a better line inclduikng to draft choice..- center Ryan Kelly.

Colts are missing CB Vontae Davis and OG Jack Mewhort ...but rookies Kelly, safety TJ Green and LB Antonio Morrison should be good.

There is sure bet here. A lock. Bet your mother and sell your brother.

......Take the over...at 50.5....'    51 points is just 27-24...

Luck and Stafford are set to go with lots of receivers. Colts are not strong on the corner right now..Not sure about Lions

Veteran kickers (Adam V and Matt Prater) can add 3 all game long and at the end....Both QBs have a good history of late game comebacks..,,and both teams need this game badly

Waited all summer for this and it should be fun to watch.  Your thoughts.

I'll take the over for sure, as I've done with many of the games this weekend. The he 25 yard start means more points. I like the Colts in this one. Andrew will be hungry, it's at home, grigs and Pagano need to prove something. I wish we were a bit deeper at TE and had a healthy Bradshaw on O but I can't wait to see what our receivers can do.

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

over-under ....   50.5

Veteran Lions QB Matthew Stafford (398 of 592, 4,262 yards, 32 TDs, 13 INTs) is back with WR Golden Tate (90 catches, 813 yards) and pass catching back Theo Riddick (80 catches, 697 yards) plus free agent Marvin Jones...

Detroit will score points..I like Sameer Abdullah running the ball, too..but the Lins O-line has been juggled, shuffled an shape-shifted . Don't know what they have

On defense..pass rusher Ezekiel Anash had 14 1/2 sacks last year...Lions were 1-7 and then finished 6-2 to end up 7-9 for former Colts coach (and fan favorite) Jim Caldwell.

This is the return of Andrew Luck to the staring lineup after missing 9 game s last year..

He'll have the 'power of 3' at wide receiver with TY Hilton (69 catches, 1,194 yards), Donte Moncrief (64 catches, 733 yards) and Phillip Dorsett (18 catches, 225 yards - missed half of last year   Frank Gore (260 carries, 967 yards, 6 TDs) will benefit from a better line inclduikng to draft choice..- center Ryan Kelly.

Colts are missing CB Vontae Davis and OG Jack Mewhort ...but rookies Kelly, safety TJ Green and LB Antonio Morrison should be good.

Luck and Stafford are set to go with lots of receivers. Colts are not strong on the corner right now..Not sure about Lions

Veteran kickers (Adam V and Matt Prater) can add 3 all game long and at the end....Both QBs have a good history of late game comebacks..,,and both teams need this game badly

As far as the over I won't disagree. But sometimes bad D's will gameplan to bend and don't break. Playing soft, and offenses will have long time consuming drives that may cause lower scoring. 

It will be fun to watch a real game with Luck.

6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

over-under ....   50.5

scoring shootout, the over is right

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Unless the Colts can get out of their red zone funk...I wouldn't feel too good about taking the over.  Our offense looks pedestrian.  We need to score more touchdowns when we get down there..especially considering our defensive short comings.    

No way, C-man....

Detroit has one good rusher and one really good corner...but not much else...

We obviously havent put the whole act on the field yet.....I would ignore all exhibition results.

They cant cover our 3 WR set..and I don't know if we can cover them...

warm up the scoreboard

My thoughts are this, ..Win,..with no injuries please.

But seriously, I am very optomistic until proven otherwise.  

My only concern is the Lions small fast recievers.  Tate is a real threat.  So is Jones.  And our 2 starting corners don't have much time working on this unit..or each other..or the scheme.  Plus we have a rookie safety...scares me some.

Offensively...i am scared of the edge rusher.. A.C. has not been himself lately, and I hope he gets over it quick.

Rookie Kelly has had poblems with big power NT's...in comes Ngata................................

I think we run right off tackle behind D.Good at least 1/2 the time...i hope.  He has shown great push entire preseason.  

This will bring the safety up, and open the backside of the field for our speedsters.

I think this will be an offensive game on both sides...with the ones with lkess penalties/and T urn overs winning it.

I'm as optimistic as I can be with the defensive players we have out today.

I think we need to play backwards..in other words....establish the pass immediately and run more frequently as the game goes on....

.....I'd like to see a half dozen tosses to Frank Gore...virtual runs that get him outside quickly

They cant cover us..if Andrew gets time....quick RB tosses will slow up any blitz plans.

This is a team we can score on

Detroit is better than most people here think.   (Me included)     They finished last year 6-2 in the final 8 games.

Stafford has taken his game to another level.    Last year he completed roughly 67% of his passes.

Their defense was one of the better ones in the NFL last season.

This is not going to be an easy game for the Colts.

I think we win,  but I would not be surprised if we're winning on the final drive of the game......

Hope I'm wrong.     I hope we win in a laugher.....   but I wouldn't count on it.

3 minutes ago, austriancolt said:

another slow start costs us the game. poor first half. great second half. Luck looked great, OL did a good job.

Our offensive line got better as the game went on...Andrew is what he is.

25 points in the second half.....Mewhort played the entire game, didn't he...

35 points should be enough, shouldn't it?

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I guess we didnt deserve to win

This right here is probably going to sum up this season if injuries are the excuse. 

Everyone deals with them. You have to bring in talent who can make sure they don't, you know, derail your entire freaking team and season. 

We are entirely unable to do that. It's a Grigson staple. 

Just now, John Waylon said:

This right here is probably going to sum up this season if injuries are the excuse. 

Everyone deals with them. You have to bring in talent who can make sure they don't, you know, derail your entire freaking team and season. 

We are entirely unable to do that. It's a Grigson staple. 

I feel at this point our teams is know for injury or I think it feel more than normal that we should be better prepared