Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles acquire WR Dorial Green-Beckham

Caleb3502

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

Man DGB must be awful if the Titans couldn't get more than that for him.

He's not great, but they should of gotten more. He's only 23 and is still figuring it out. I believe he was the first pick of the 2nd round of last year's draft. Not sure of the urge to get rid of him. Dennis Kelly isn't great or anywhere close to it. Seems like a panic move to improve the O-Line. I would be furious if I were a Titans fan.

Yeah, not sure I understand this from the Titans side. I understand he was inconsistent but he has the physical tools and it was known coming out that he was going to need development. Oh well, one less target for us to worry about so we can focus on stopping the run.

1 minute ago, CheezyColt said:

Yeah, not sure I understand this from the Titans side. I understand he was inconsistent but he has the physical tools and it was known coming out that he was going to need development. Oh well, one less target for us to worry about so we can focus on stopping the run.

Yeah, Mariota should have a grand old time now, lol. Not even worried about Andre at this point. I think they have Rishard Matthews and Harry Douglas, who we should have no problem with. As you said, we can now focus on stopping the run when facing them. That move the Titans just did would almost be the equivalent of us trading Dorsett for Dennis Kelly. So think about that, lol.

34 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He's not great, but they should of gotten more. He's only 23 and is still figuring it out. I believe he was the first pick of the 2nd round of last year's draft. Not sure of the urge to get rid of him. Dennis Kelly isn't great or anywhere close to it. Seems like a panic move to improve the O-Line. I would be furious if I were a Titans fan.

I really don't care where he was picked. The Titans staff are not stupid. They see this guy play everyday and if they are willing to trade him for a backup guard than he must have been awful in the offseason program. Played against 3rd and 4th stringers with his ability and did absolutely nothing in the first preseason game. He could still improve in the future no doubt, but he's looking like a bust right now.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I really don't care where he was picked. The Titans staff are not stupid. They see this guy play everyday and if they are willing to trade him for a backup guard than he must have been awful in the offseason program. Played against 3rd and 4th stringers with his ability and did absolutely nothing in the first preseason game. He could still improve in the future no doubt, but he's looking like a bust right now.

Uh, the Titans staff are stupid. They finish with a top 5 pick most years and continually draft poorly. You're looking at a preseason game, whereas I'm looking at his rookie year last year where he got over 500 yards and led the team in receiving yards. It doesn't sound impressive, but that's par for the course for most rookie wrs and the Titans don't deserve any benefit of the doubt on evaluating players. It'll likely bite them in the butt.

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

:) yes they do! I do think Andre is done, which is a shame how be completely crumbled last year. Sharpe I'm interested to see.

Well when you look at it from a run blocking stand point Andre might be an upgrade over Green Beckham.  Titans are mostly going to be a running team/ground and pound style football team this year.  Andre might be reliable if used as a possession receiver.  Not saying that I would have traded Green Beckham though.

Just now, krunk said:

Well when you look at it from a run blocking stand point Andre might be an upgrade over Green Beckham.  Titans are mostly going to be a running team/ground and pound style football team this year.  Andre might be reliable if used as a possession receiver.  Not saying that I would have traded Green Beckham though.

Yeah, he could be. The problem with Andre now is he's slow and easily coverable. I'm 29 and fast still, and I believe I could cover Andre decently. He just looked broken down last year. He can probably catch though.

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, he could be. The problem with Andre now is he's slow and easily coverable. I'm 29 and fast still, and I believe I could cover Andre decently. He just looked broken down last year. He can probably catch though.

I would have kept Green Beckham if for nothing else I think he can be used effectively in the red zone area.  He's got more than that though.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I would have kept Green Beckham if for nothing else I think he can be used effectively in the red zone area.  He's got more than that though.

He's very tall, I think 6'5 or 6'6, so he'd be a great red-zone target. That alone gives him some value. I don't know what the Titans expected his rookie year, Mariota was green and the team sucked. It'll probably be a mistake as I think he'll improve his 2nd year. He was a bit out of shape, but that shouldn't constitute cutting a top of the 2nd round pick after one year. Titans don't deserve any credit for decisions until they get them right IMO.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He's very tall, I think 6'5 or 6'6, so he'd be a great red-zone target. That alone gives him some value. I don't know what the Titans expected his rookie year, Mariota was green and the team sucked. It'll probably be a mistake as I think he'll improve his 2nd year. He was a bit out of shape, but that shouldn't constitute cutting a top of the 2nd round pick after one year. Titans don't deserve any credit for decisions until they get them right IMO.

I tried to go through their roster to see if they had some other guy with similar measurables that maybe they thought was in the same ball park talent wise but I didn't see anybody so I'm not sure what they are thinking.

18 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You could most certainly not cover andre.   He had 41 catches against nfl secondaries last year.  More than DGB by the way

Dumb move by Tennessee. He had a decent year last year, and I figured he'd be a big part of their offense this season. But Wentz has another big target now. Tennessee still has a big target at WR though too. Don't forget about Justin Hunter. I could see him having a good year. He only played like half the year last season, but had a solid 2nd season the year before. If he can play 16 games I could see him putting up good numbers.

He is uniquely talented, but he doesn't have the mindset to back it up. Its being said that he came back from offseason out of shape and he didn't respond well to demands the coaching staff put on him.

Tajae Sharpe overtook him on the depth chart by OTAs. Not really the shock it might appear. The Titans probably wanted to get something for him while they still could.

I mean, if they really had problems with him, then yeah, go and trade him. Trading him isn't the problem. It's the return. DGB is a talented, young (key word) receiver who had over 500 yards his rookie season (which was 5th among rookies). You're telling me that NO ONE in the league was willing to give up more than a backup lineman for him? Jeez. I figured they could at least nab a second round pick to "break even" on his investment.

2 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Dumb move by Tennessee. He had a decent year last year, and I figured he'd be a big part of their offense this season. But Wentz has another big target now. Tennessee still has a big target at WR though too. Don't forget about Justin Hunter. I could see him having a good year. He only played like half the year last season, but had a solid 2nd season the year before. If he can play 16 games I could see him putting up good numbers.

I read somewhere recently that Hunter looks terrible in camp.

Perhaps the reason the Titans didn't trade Hunter is that no one would take him.

I wouldn't count on him for too much.     At least,   not at this point.....

3 hours ago, CheezyColt said:

Didn't DGB have off the field issues in college? Maybe he was doing stupid stuff off the field and the Titans wanted to cut him loose before something bad happened. I have no clue if this is the case, I'm just guessing

On the face of it in terms of value trading away last years 2nd rounder for not very much seems odd at best.

Either he's looked totally horrible and the Titans are happy to take almost anything or he's proven to be too much of a headache from a personality POV.

Not a bad gamble by the Eagles given the state of their receiving core. 

He has had a lot of off the field issues though over the years, right? I always remember him as a kid I thought was an amazing football player in high school but then he went to Mizzou and transferred to Oklahoma then went pro before ever even playing a down for the Sooners. Not a good sign if he wore out his welcome just a year after being drafted.

You guys remember last year when we played at Tennessee and he pushed off on Vontae and went up and caught a TD pass? Man I was so mad. Cussing the TV, etc. LOL. It was a clear push off, he pushed Vontae to the ground before jumping up to grab the ball out of the air.

13 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

To be fair I'm not sure how much of a "bust" he can be. I mean everyone knew he was going to need alot of work and development, he just had elite measurables. Not really sticking up for the kid I just don't think that's the right term for him.

9 hours ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

He has had a lot of off the field issues though over the years, right? I always remember him as a kid I thought was an amazing football player in high school but then he went to Mizzou and transferred to Oklahoma then went pro before ever even playing a down for the Sooners. Not a good sign if he wore out his welcome just a year after being drafted.

That's a guy who's in it for the money, right there.