Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts to wear Color Rush in 2016

danlhart87

Plot twist: they are just going to wear the normal away jerseys.

A color rush of White.

Im sure the Colts aren't happy. The last thing they want to do is wear a jersey that might be different from what they've worn for the past 30 years. haha

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Scam by the NFL to get fans to spend more money on jerseys.

How is it a scam? If anyone buys one of those Jersey's it's their choice. No one is twisting their arm. The NFL is a business and what they are doing is no different than any other sport. Supply and demand. If you owned a business would you do things to make more money?

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Scam by the NFL to get fans to spend more money on jerseys.

If that's the case, make sure you include those pink jerseys that masquerade as breast cancer awareness. The NFL does not donate a single penny of those jerseys to any cancer foundation, the money goes straight in the pockets of the league. Same can be said too about the camouflage jerseys they break out for military fetish month. 

4 hours ago, Bogie said:

If that's the case, make sure you include those pink jerseys that masquerade as breast cancer awareness. The NFL does not donate a single penny of those jerseys to any cancer foundation, the money goes straight in the pockets of the league. Same can be said too about the camouflage jerseys they break out for military fetish month. 

Actually, that's not true.  A Business Insider article a few years back said that 5% of the money goes to the American Cancer Society.  The NFL disputed that claim saying that the figure was higher, but the point is your claim in not correct.  IMO 5% is too low an amount for the NFL to donate, but I am also not sure if that is in line with what other corporations might contribute when doing similar promotions.  I know I have heard other promotions where the company states that they will donate a percentage of sales to a particular cause.

As far as the Color Rush uniforms, I haven't seen any yet that I liked.

9 hours ago, Cynjin said:

Actually, that's not true.  A Business Insider article a few years back said that 5% of the money goes to the American Cancer Society.  The NFL disputed that claim saying that the figure was higher, but the point is your claim in not correct.  IMO 5% is too low an amount for the NFL to donate, but I am also not sure if that is in line with what other corporations might contribute when doing similar promotions.  I know I have heard other promotions where the company states that they will donate a percentage of sales to a particular cause.

As far as the Color Rush uniforms, I haven't seen any yet that I liked.

You're correct there, I was wrong. I do believe 5% is way too low coming from a billion dollar industry that openly claims they're helping. It's like how McDonalds only donates a single penny to the Ronald McDonald house, per Happy Meal sale. 

It wouldn't kill them to donate at least 25% or even 50% to cancer research. 5% is barely anything given how much they profit annually. 

2 hours ago, Bogie said:

You're correct there, I was wrong. I do believe 5% is way too low coming from a billion dollar industry that openly claims they're helping. It's like how McDonalds only donates a single penny to the Ronald McDonald house, per Happy Meal sale. 

It wouldn't kill them to donate at least 25% or even 50% to cancer research. 5% is barely anything given how much they profit annually. 

We agree there, it certainly wouldn't hurt them to do a higher percentage.  Of course the NFL says they do, but I have not read where they actually showed that they are giving more.  I am not holding my breath on the NFL opening up the books either.

1 hour ago, jimmy g said:

U g l y, you ain't got no alibi!

Monchrome unis are the worst idea the NFL has.

This always looks like some choreographer in San Francisco thought this dumchit thing up. Maybe the Colts should just go all the way with the blue face paint thing like the Blue Man Group. If the goal is to look as stupid as possible, why not go for the whole enchilada? 

1 hour ago, ruksak said:

I think the next uniform idea for the NFL should be to just make the uniforms out of money. That way........... when we buy their damn jerseys, we'll be buying money and we won't feel so silly. 

Just make sure the new jerseys have $20s & 50s attached at least not say $1s & a bunch of IOU notes attached to it via a rebate mail in scam.

I could see the league doing that ruksak: Charge an arm & a leg for the item as a customer & then go super cheap on their NFL fan base in return. 

I guess I haven't paid much attention to this in the past, but from doing some Googling, it looks like they pretty much just wear pants that are the same color as the jersey.  Am I wrong on that?

This is just someone's uniform concept idea, but is this basically what we'd be looking at?
CCq_8leW0AAR0LP.jpg

This should do wonders for the athletic competition aspect of the once great game seeping down all the way to Pee-Wee football. The games featuring these Dolly Parton look alike uniforms should be limited to pay per view so we could all contribute even more money to the Nauseating Freakin' Loonys . Perhaps flashing lights on the helmets and little angel wings on their backs would aid in this truly honorable cause.

What does this have to do with playing the game? Is different colors going to make a team play better? If looking cool or bad, either way change what goes on the field? For years we heard how Black makes a player look meaner or something to that effect. It don't seemed to have helped the Raiders too much.

Some folks just don't get it. Example, I just responded to a professional baseball teams ad for hats,there were 139 choices, 139!! Not only is this latest football jersey thing yet another scam to get money but don't forget the thousands of trinkets included for sale on line, in stores and at the stadiums. I wonder how much of the professional sports junk is made by slave labor in dark corners of the world or China. "There's a sucker born every minute"

20 hours ago, BOTT said:

This just in: the NFL is a business.

you guys are so allergic to any kind of change to a silly uniform it's strange.  Oh no, more of the color blue.......

Oh hells no! The NFL trying to make money? What kinda business does this mucked up kinda thing? Well if I had my own business, I'd run it into the ground just to keep people happy with a stagnant product.  'Merica!