Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Both Grigson and Pagano at Alabama Pro Day

PeterBowman

4 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

They are probably interested in Reggie Ragland if Freemans deal doesn't go through. Not sure how happy I would be about Reggie.

Ragland can't cover so a pairing of Jackson and Ragland would not go well. Jackson needs to be replace though so Ragland could take D'Qwell's spot. 

Would still rather ther have the best DT or CB available. 

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Ragland can't cover so a pairing of Jackson and Ragland would not go well. Jackson needs to be replace though so Ragland could take D'Qwell's spot. 

If that's the case, then pass. I don't want players that can't cover, I've seen that show and it's terrible.

14 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Please God not till round 2

Kelly has had both a good combine and a good pro day.

I think we all better prepare ourselves that if want Kelly (and I don't know that we do)   he's likely going to have to be taken in the first round.

He likely will not last until pick 48 of the 2nd round,  and it will be way too expensive to trade up toward the top of the 2nd round to get him there.

I suspect some team is going to take him in the first....   if we trade back,  and get another pick, and then take Kelly later in 1st,  I'd be completely fine with that.     I'd just want to trade back a bit....

11 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I could be wrong,  but I thought I had read that Ragland was worked out at the Senior Bowl as an OLB to see how well (or not) he could cover and that the reviews were mostly favorable.

This view that he can't cover might be well over-stated.

36 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Please God not till round 2

Why not, he's projected to go on the 1st rd..not to mention he's considered the best C in the draft (with Nick Martin not far behind)..it's a big need for us, he won't be there by the time Colts pick in the 2nd rd

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think we all better prepare ourselves that if want Kelly (and I don't know that we do)   he's likely going to have to be taken in the first round.

He likely will not last until pick 48 of the 2nd round,  and it will be way too expensive to trade up toward the top of the 2nd round to get him there.

I suspect some team is going to take him in the first....   if we trade back,  and get another pick, and then take Kelly later in 1st,  I'd be completely fine with that.     I'd just want to trade back a bit....

I have an honest question. What exactly separates Kelly from the other Centers that would encourage you to pass on premier DT/Corner talent and take him?

I don't see it. He's good but the next 2 guys are literally just as good with less notable names and maybe a tad slower... which doesn't matter for a center.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think I'd rather take a defender in round 1 and in round 2 Nick Martin if he would be available there.  Martin has the added bonus of being able to move to guard.  

Bama is a deep and talented team, more than just the 1st round and 2nd round prospects. Makes sense to scout them hardcore.  

It is also good to see Pagano and Grigson working together on this one so they agree on who to draft this year.

The Colts were all down in Alabama for the pro day. Pretty sure Pagano, Grigson, Raye, Monachino, and a scout were all there for the Alabama pro day. Looking at the writing on the wall there might be a few players there that we are interested in.

23 minutes ago, corgi said:

Meh I avoid SEC in general. I don't need to see it to hear "how great" it is. I like my college football without the pretentiousness.

Football is football, doesn't matter what conference or league you're in. You're missing out

32 minutes ago, corgi said:

Meh I avoid SEC in general. I don't need to see it to hear "how great" it is. I like my college football without the pretentiousness.

You are correct. You don't need to see or hear how great Alabama is. Their records and championships speak for themselves.

1 hour ago, corgi said:

The only over saturation of Alabama is on the Paul Finebaum show. ESPN is more worried about Auburn/Florida/South Carolina/LSU/USC/Oregon. 

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

You are correct. You don't need to see or hear how great Alabama is. Their records and championships speak for themselves.

I like UVa,taunting me with championships does nothing. I got into this relationship knowing it was going to be disappointing.

1 hour ago, corgi said:

I like UVa,taunting me with championships does nothing. I got into this relationship knowing it was going to be disappointing.

I was just pulling your chain. I don't give a crap about college football. Any of it. I really dislike the NCAA. But that is a totally different comment that needs it's own thread.:D

2 hours ago, Coltscrazy said:

Forget Kelly and Ragland, They are looking at Jarron Reed.  A third round talent center and a linebacker who can't cover, or a monster nose tackle.  The Colts having been talking up nose tackle, and Reed could be a good one.

I love jerran reed but if they go DT at 18 we should go with billings from Baylor of he'd available.... but I'm willing to bet Reggie is exactly what we need at ILB 

4 hours ago, Surge89 said:

I have an honest question. What exactly separates Kelly from the other Centers that would encourage you to pass on premier DT/Corner talent and take him?

I don't see it. He's good but the next 2 guys are literally just as good with less notable names and maybe a tad slower... which doesn't matter for a center.

I've seen no write-ups that say there are any other centers as good as Kelly.    From what I read,  it's Kelly, and then a gap,  and then there's the other guys.      Kelly is heads and shoulders above everyone else.

Second,   one concern is that Kelly has been listed at roughly 285-295 for most of his senior year.     Showed up at the combine at 311 and looked great -- and tested very well.     Showed up for his Pro Day yesterday at 313 and again tested very well.    So, his weight is up 20-25 pounds and he looks great.

Interesting that you list DT and CB as the priority over center....    Because I think the top priority is....  pass rush.

And I'm fine with taking a pass rush in the 1st and looking for our next center in the 2nd or 3rd.    But we better have a plan and then a back-up plan to make sure we come away with a center that we feel great about and that hopefully can start as a rookie!

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I've seen no write-ups that say there are any other centers as good as Kelly.    From what I read,  it's Kelly, and then a gap,  and then there's the other guys.      Kelly is heads and shoulders above everyone else.

Second,   one concern is that Kelly has been listed at roughly 285-295 for most of his senior year.     Showed up at the combine at 311 and looked great -- and tested very well.     Showed up for his Pro Day yesterday at 313 and again tested very well.    So, his weight is up 20-25 pounds and he looks great.

Interesting that you list DT and CB as the priority over center....    Because I think the top priority is....  pass rush.

And I'm fine with taking a pass rush in the 1st and looking for our next center in the 2nd or 3rd.    But we better have a plan and then a back-up plan to make sure we come away with a center that we feel great about and that hopefully can start as a rookie!

Hmmm.  But was he tested for 'roids.......

If Sio Moore can cover...I don't know much about him...I'd be satisfied with Ragland in the first.

But ILBs tend to drop, especially ones that have questions about athleticism and coverage.  I'd feel much better trading down a bit If the targeted player is Ragland.

meh i am not a avid college ball fan i do watch from time to time, but one thing i know is Alabama players have a lot of success in college but overall it doesnt seem to translate to the NFL, i am geussing its a system thing, if someone who knows a lot about college ball could elaborate that would be cool?

I really like Kelly but not a C in rd1.

Max Turek (USC) in rd 4 would be very good and day 1 starter.

Id love to see best CB or DT in rd 1 then flip for rd2

maybe rd3 look at Rush OLB/DE

Nagkoue 

McCallister

Ochi

Blair III

Nichols

Judan