Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predict the Colts first FA signing

danlhart87

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

yes I do, I've been hearing for 24 hours now about how DA is getting a front loaded contract that averages to around 7.5 mil per year but the first year is worth 12 million.

Alex Mack is worth every penny of that 11+, heck, i'd sink a 12-13 mil a year average on him.

Well, thankfully you're not the GM.

10 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 37m37 minutes ago

Eagles and former Bills CB Leodis McKelvin reached agreement on a two-year contract

Should be noted that all deals are "in principle" right now.  Contracts can't be signed until 4pm tomorrow.  Gore had an in principle contract with the Eagles and then pulled it at the last minute.

1 hour ago, Jason_S said:

ok, you have somewhat of a point, though highly exaggerated, about Allen's health concerns...but calling him below average is flat out ridiculous.

So is calling him a complete tight end. 

First of all, anyone that does not begin with WR

Would like to think that overall we could get two starter quality players considering our cap limits at either- Edge, C, OG, CB or S

Agree with several that have posted here- Jenkins at CB and Alex Boone at OG would be my picks.   As much as I would like Mack at C, think he might be a little out of reach, but there is always hope.  Also don't want to see us spend too much on guys later in their career that we overpay. Been there, done that, hasn't worked.

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

So is calling him a complete tight end. 

No, Allen is pretty much an archetypical TE when it comes down to it...... his skill level is established as an all around TE......  not real sure how you can argue he lacks any TE relevant skills..... now health issues?  He may have some trouble there, but so far nothing that appears chronic.

19 hours ago, csmopar said:

Trent Richardson.............

all joking aside, if Grigs could land Alex Mack, i'd take every negative thing I've ever said about him back

He is 30 so we need a youngerplayer that we draft or so. We gonna get burnt on the mid to late yrs. Say it's a 5 yr deal we gonna get 2 yrs that's good to ok

3 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I am honestly beginning to think that the Colts aren't going to get any big named free agents.   I am beginning to think they'll re-sign some core players and move forward with the draft.

im beginning to think they're not gonna sign any new players other than camp bodies.

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

im beginning to think they're not gonna sign any new players other than camp bodies.

I mean I get it's still early but a lot of the big named free agents including some of the Colts needs are off the board.  I am sure they'll sign a few new players but I see them sticking to the core and building through the draft. 

14 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I mean I get it's still early but a lot of the big named free agents including some of the Colts needs are off the board.  I am sure they'll sign a few new players but I see them sticking to the core and building through the draft. 

Yeah I hope or we're in serious trouble