Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Favorite Player from Combine you`d like Colts to Draft

List one player you`d like to see the Colts draft after seeing them participate in the Combine. Does not have to be with the 18th pick in the draft.

I like Joe Dahl OG Wash St. Played LT for the Cougars and will mostly likely move inside to OG. 6-4 304. Needs to put on about 10 more pounds, but with his athleticism he could possibly be very good in a zone blocking scheme.

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Grig`s won`t draft Spence even if he was available at 18. Folks here might as well cross him off your wish list.

I didn't really want Spence. I feel like he's a player who was good for college but when it comes to the big boy league... well basically I'll just have to wait and see him prove me wrong. I think it's clear with the release of Newsome that any player with drug user behind his name is off the board

1 minute ago, Moncrief said:

I think it's clear with the release of Newsome that any player with drug user behind his name is off the board

I think that Grig`s can`t make anymore serious mistakes is what it boils down to. If he blows this first round pick Irsay wouldn`t be a happy camper.

11 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Grig`s won`t draft Spence even if he was available at 18. Folks here might as well cross him off your wish list.

yeah grigson did say he wouldn't spend high picks on character issues

we will see if he sticks to that, he probably will imo

Just now, JRnINDY said:

Ogbah, he's a 3 down player with 2 solid years of proven TFL & Sacks.

cbssports stated he was a bit of a one trick pony, who wins with power. After posting that 4.65 I beg to differ. Definitely going to watch some film on him.  

Ogbah and Lawson have both impressed me today. Correa had a solid day. Noah Spence definitely didn't look like the top edge rusher at the combine.

I agree with the OP that Joe Dahl would be my choice based on the combine. I also like Stephane Nembot OT Colorado in the later rounds.

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

cbssports stated he was a bit of a one trick pony, who wins with power. After posting that 4.65 I beg to differ. Definitely going to watch some film on him.  

I hadn't really read any reports on him before I watched a little film on him, so I hadn't heard the one trick pony thing until recently. My initial reaction from even his for couple of plays was "wow, this guy is fast!" I might not have pegged him as a 4.65 guy, but I expected him to run well.

7 minutes ago, MPStack said:

You will notice with Ogbah that some tapes are great and others not so much. His tape is very up and down. Although after his combine he had today I am going back and rewatching his tape. I think he may have worked his way back into the 1st round.

Ogbah would be a good fit, I think. This draft seems to have more "high second round" type guys than usual... There will be a lot of first round reaches and third round steals, imo... 

The reaches are going to be pass rushers, QBs, and OL, but some teams will get stud DL, CB, or ILB after the first two rounds. 

After seeing edge rushers largely disappoint and the awful news about Smith, I'm more inclined to go oline or dline in the 1st. Billings or I'm warming up to trading down and getting Ryan Kelly and picking up another pick. Arizona is the only other team I could see taking Kelly in the 1st.

I like Christian Westerman in rounds 3-5 (no clue how far he may last).

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/Christian-Westerman?id=2555131

6'3'' and 298 lbs for Guard, but NFL weight likely 310 or so easily. Also #1 performer in Bench Press, has largest hands at 11.83''. (7/8 is 0.8333 in decimals)

Like the part where it says "NFL Comparison - Alex Mack "

3 hours ago, NorthernColt said:

Ogbah and Lawson obviously had very good days. Billings as well. Really liked what I saw from Tyler Ervin from the RB group. Could be a nice late round grab, or even an UDFA.

You should watch some of Ervin's tape if you haven't already. The first comparison that jumped to mind was Darren Sproles. He would be a great late round pick.

18 hours ago, SDakColts said:

You should watch some of Ervin's tape if you haven't already. The first comparison that jumped to mind was Darren Sproles. He would be a great late round pick.

After he stood out at the combine, I looked up some tape and was still very impressed. Think he could be a steal.

Spence or Floyd at 18. Then I want a DT. NT or DE either one. We cant pass up on getting a DT in this loaded class. We can get a top 20 type talent in the 2nd round. So in the 2nd or maybe the 3rd I want one of Kenny Clark, Austin Johnson, Andrew Billings, Hassan Ridgeway, Vernon Butler or maybe Chris Jones or Willie Henry.