Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You're the colts FO who do you go with?

You're the colts FO who do you go with?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. With the 18th pick in the 2016 NFL draft the colts select.... (position)

• EDGE
    • OT
    • OG/C
    • CB
    • OTHER

BPA between Defense and OL.  

56 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Exactly that's why BPA is stupid 

Straight up BPA with no other considerations is stupid.  

However I would say you need to do BPA within your needs.  

I don't think there is a spot on defense where we couldn't quickly use a young talented guy.  So for me any spot on defense is a need.  DL is maybe the only spot on defense where we might not be able to start a guy like that pretty quickly.

OL its a similar thing.  We could draft an OT, put him at RT, leave Mewhort at LG and move Reitz in to RG and have him compete with Thornton.  We could draft a G and put him at RG or move Mewhort to RT and Reitz into guard.  We could draft a Center and we wouldn't have to move anyone.  Or we could draft a swingman and put him wherever he is the best fit on the line.

As long as we extend Fleener the only other offensive need then would be RB or backup QB.  I don't believe in drafting RB's in the first and no one drafts a backup QB in the first.

21 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Other, D-Line/Andrew Billings.

If Floyd has put on the weight though, my answer will change to Edge.

What do you think of Josh Perry from Ohio State? He has the build, he is kind of a Jack of all trades but master of none type of player rated as a round 2 guy. He is 6'4", 253 lbs, and is all over the place and an unsung player on that Buckeye defense. He seems like a "football player" that will do lots more than just one thing.

I said edge but honestly I say front 7. If smith is there I think we have to pull the trigger no matter who else is there. If he isn't there my next choice would be Billings I believe he is the best True NT available this year. I know DT is deep this year but with Billings we get a run stopper who can also apply pressure up the middle and who can in my opinion be really good in a 1 gap or a 2 gap scheme. Spence for me is too much of a risk with Gregory last year as well as Newsome recently. There are other pass rushers to be had in the second or third round depending if we go OL in the second.

BPA in position of need.  Prefer Elliot or Kelly or any one of the top OL. Spence comes with too much baggage. If we take him I think we will probably regret it down the road.  Too many cases of players who can't break old bad  habits, no matter how many times they tell you they have changed.  Not worth the risk with our 1st. pick

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

What do you think of Josh Perry from Ohio State? He has the build, he is kind of a Jack of all trades but master of none type of player rated as a round 2 guy. He is 6'4", 253 lbs, and is all over the place and an unsung player on that Buckeye defense. He seems like a "football player" that will do lots more than just one thing.

I actually did a short write up on him. He's very underrated, and I don't think there is much difference in terms of skill between him and Ragland. He's a plug and play starter IMO.

3 hours ago, Jason_S said:

If not for that "stupid pick last draft", what would our WR corp look like right now?

What's it look like right now you have no idea how Dorsette will play 

also our WR Corp would be fine with Moncrief and TY with other role players no worse then the Broncos and Seahawks who were fine without 3 great wideouts 

13 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

What's it look like right now you have no idea how Dorsette will play 

also our WR Corp would be fine with Moncrief and TY with other role players no worse then the Broncos and Seahawks who were fine without 3 great wideouts 

You have no idea how any of the defenders we could have drafted would have played with Indy either.

By the way, who's calling them "great wideouts"?  I agree we don't need a handful of great wideouts for the offense to be successful, but we do need effective wideouts.  It's not like we can just pickup any ol UDFA WR and expect the offense to flourish.

12 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

If Treadwell fell to us I would have no problem taking him. The best receiver falling to 18 would make him a steal. IMO he'd add another dimension to our offense. 

He would.  I don't doubt that.  I don't think he lasts that far anyway.  But could you imagine how these forums and the state of Indiana in general would react?  It would be something to behold, that's for sure.

19 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I get what people are sayin tho we would be one player closer to a great D if not for that stupid pick last draft. 

That may be true but then we wouldn't have the WRs we have now. With the departure of Johnson that pick is not looking bad now. Hilton, Dorsett and Moncrief are all going to be around for a while.

1 hour ago, Jason_S said:

You have no idea how any of the defenders we could have drafted would have played with Indy either.

By the way, who's calling them "great wideouts"?  I agree we don't need a handful of great wideouts for the offense to be successful, but we do need effective wideouts.  It's not like we can just pickup any ol UDFA WR and expect the offense to flourish.

I agree. We have tried that with little success.

On 2/25/2016 at 1:10 PM, Colts_Fan12 said:

I get what people are sayin tho we would be one player closer to a great D if not for that stupid pick last draft. 

True but then we likely would need to pick up a receiver this year due to Andres sad performance, heres hoping dorsett stays healthy and plays 3rd string the whole year

On February 25, 2016 at 10:48 AM, chad72 said:

I like Perry too I think he and Jenkins are great values in the 3rd. Either or both could be gone by our pick lets hope not 

In the first If it breaks like I think I am taking Billings at 18. He's going to be a monster. He has elite power and speed. He can close on the QB and make tackles outside of his gap. He could be a special player and should be a significant upgrade over Parry. It would be nice to add two pieces to the DL that can create pressure in the passing game. I don't want to see Hank in a position he feels rushed back. I thinking counting on Art Jomes tio help is a mistake. 

It would love to sign a C & G in FA. Then the O would be good and we can focus on D in this draft. We could solidify the DL add an edge rusher, There are some good CB prospects. A couple of FS we could grab. We could inject the D with siome good young talent. We desperately need.