Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver vs Carolina

RockThatBlue

Carolina. The no.1 defense vs the no.1 offense narrative is misleading. Carolina's just as much of a defensive team as Denver. It comes down to who can make more plays when it matters most. I'll take Cameron Jerrell Newton to win his first SB.

9 hours ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Very good defense+very good offense

VS

Great defense+inept offense

Going with CAR, but hoping DEN pulls it off. CAR is unquestionably the more rounded/better overall team, but DEN's defense can make them essentially invincible if the offense doesn't put them in bad spots.

good summary , just hoping Broncos offense can sustain more drives than those  early Tds yesterday

also hope Peyton didnt to much stress on his plantar fascia with that 1st dwn run, it had to hurt, he tuffed it out and will feel it today quarenteed , at least has the bye to rest but still wont be 100% till sometime in the off season

also Re Great defense - here's hoping both safeties, Stewart & TJ are ok to play, cant realy on Bush & Keo all game, thats the 1 area they are to thin at and thats when Kronk went off at the end

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Carolina favored by 5.5 early.....

..but Denver is very popular and with LB Thomas Davis (broken arm) likely out...

...that spread figures to go down

'

he says he will play, but we will see

Thomas Davis suffers broken arm, guarantees he'll play in Super Bowl

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25461175/thomas-davis-suffers-broken-arm-guarantees-hell-play-in-super-bowl-50

This may be a game Elway may come to wish he did that trade for Joe Thomas, diff was Browns wanted a 3rd round compensation draft pick Vs Elways offer of a 5th, the rest of the trade and the Cost was OK Elway had said

Man Thomas would Shore up that 0 Line, giving better pass protection, give Peyton time and a pocket to step up into  and superior Run blockage and get Harris back to RT helping entire O line adjustment

13 minutes ago, bayone said:

This may be a game Elway may come to wish he did that trade for Joe Thomas, diff was Browns wanted a 3rd round compensation draft pick Vs Elways offer of a 5th, the rest of the trade and the Cost was OK Elway had said

Man Thomas would Shore up that 0 Line, giving better pass protection, give Peyton time and a pocket to step up into  and superior Run blockage and get Harris back to RT helping entire O line adjustment

In regards to the above

Carolina says they should have Jared Allen back, was very close to playing Vs Cardinals, 2 more weeks should be ready to go

Is it just me or did the Panthers wear white, their away colors, for all their home games since they know they will be the road team for the SB?

Both the Seahawks and Cardinals wore their home colors for the road games at Carolina, as a result. The home team had the right to choose.

Now, the Broncos get the right to choose, what would the Panthers do if the Broncos chose white? :)

14 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Denver 24

Carolina  21

That's a very good likelihood. Most have not mentioned this. That first drive by Manning & the Broncos scoring the TD was a pivitol point in the game, albeit very early. They made a statement. And, sparked Denver's D to play out of their minds. If they can get that same mojo going against Carolina early? It's gonna be close.

3 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Just like them "cocky" Seahawks 2 years ago right?

The Seahawks had the #1 defense, and the Broncos team was then dependent on Peyton. This year, he is just along for the ride while having the #1 defense. 

Elway realized fast what he had to do, build a team Peyton is only asked to manage. However, there will be a time when Peyton HAS TO make a big drive to win the game, the SB might force that on him, IMO.

19 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The Seahawks had the #1 defense, and the Broncos team was then dependent on Peyton. This year, he is just along for the ride while having the #1 defense. 

Elway realized fast what he had to do, build a team Peyton is only asked to manage. However, there will be a time when Peyton HAS TO make a big drive to win the game, the SB might force that on him, IMO.

Carolina is still a top 6 or 7 defense on their own and they've faced far better offenses than Denver has. Carolina, like Seattle, will win this game off their own defense. Anything they get from Cam and their offense will be a bonus in my opinion.

25 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Heart says Denver, mind says Carolina. Money on the Panthers big time for this emotional hedge. Worked great last week, was ok with losing some money if it meant Peyton beat the pats.

I switched my bet once I read how bettors were betting heavily on the Patriots Sunday morning. I took the Broncos and the +3. I stuck with the advice I was told long ago. Vegas wasn't built from the public winning, so I went with the house and ended up cashing in.

5 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I switched my bet once I read how bettors were betting heavily on the Patriots Sunday morning. I took the Broncos and the +3. I stuck with the advice I was told long ago. Vegas wasn't built from the public winning, so I went with the house and ended up cashing in.

Yea I had it in the back of my mind that Vegas always wins and this could be a miracle day but I kept my bet. I don't go crazy, I'm ok risking a little money on the moneyline on the team I hate so at least I get something if they win, and I'm fine losing a little for when they lose.

16 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Carolina is still a top 6 or 7 defense on their own and they've faced far better offenses than Denver has. Carolina, like Seattle, will win this game off their own defense. Anything they get from Cam and their offense will be a bonus in my opinion.

They have won with their offense all year and their D being opportunistic. They are the highest scoring offense in points per game. To minimize what they get from Cam and their offense is taking away the staple to their winning, IMO. Bonus??? I disagree strongly.

56 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Heart says Denver, mind says Carolina. Money on the Panthers big time for this emotional hedge. Worked great last week, was ok with losing some money if it meant Peyton beat the pats.

Yep...heart is with Peyton...mind/eye says Carolina. They just have more ways to beat you. They make big plays in the passing game, have a really good running game, Cam is a wild card, and that defense forces turnovers. Not saying Denver can't do it...because they have a lot of veterens and shouldn't be as nervous early etc...but that run game is just not cutting it...and Peyton just only has so many throws left in him...can he bring out some magic...you betcha...or will the clock strike midnight and he turn back to a 40yr old pumpkin lol....just have to play and see but I am hoping to see Peyton have that 1 vintage last game. It would be EPIC.

21 minutes ago, chad72 said:

They have won with their offense all year and their D being opportunistic. They are the highest scoring offense in points per game. To minimize what they get from Cam and their offense is taking away the staple to their winning, IMO. Bonus??? I disagree strongly.

I agree 100%...the only thing is Carolina has jumped out to early leads and has played as front runners for a big portion of the season. If Denver can keep it close or even hold a lead like they did against NE....you will see that offense tighten up imo...just saying.

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

Is it just me or did the Panthers wear white, their away colors, for all their home games since they know they will be the road team for the SB?

Both the Seahawks and Cardinals wore their home colors for the road games at Carolina, as a result. The home team had the right to choose.

Now, the Broncos get the right to choose, what would the Panthers do if the Broncos chose white? :)

Well according to this article the Bronco's will be wearing white.  looks like the Panthers have no say in this. haha

http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/story/1636080-broncos-will-wear-white-jerseys-super-bowl

10 hours ago, bayone said:

'

he says he will play, but we will see

Thomas Davis suffers broken arm, guarantees he'll play in Super Bowl

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25461175/thomas-davis-suffers-broken-arm-guarantees-hell-play-in-super-bowl-50

wow.....I dont see how he can play if his arm is really broken..

I'll have to see that to believe it

27 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

If the Broncos get to Cam like they did Brady, it's over.  That might start him looking to run first, pass second and that's a disaster in the making.  

They went with 3 and 4 man rushes against Brady..

They wont do that against Cam........They'll send extra rushers because Cam's receivers are not as dangerous and Brady's

Denver, please!  I think the key matchup comes down to Broncos linebackers vs. the Panthers' running game.  Yes, Brady was hit a crazy number of times (though not quite enough in my book), but he's not known for his mobility.  Cam, on the other hand, is a well-established threat on the ground. 

I think (and hope) Denver's experience gives them the edge in the matchup.

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

They went with 3 and 4 man rushes against Brady..

They wont do that against Cam........They'll send extra rushers because Cam's receivers are not as dangerous and Brady's

They have to have someone to shadow Cam...that pass rush will open up lanes that Cam can run 20 yds on at will if they leave him alone and turn and cover the receivers. They need to get a push up the middle again and force him into Ware and Von on the edge.

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Denver, please!  I think the key matchup comes down to Broncos linebackers vs. the Panthers' running game.  Yes, Brady was hit a crazy number of times (though not quite enough in my book), but he's not known for his mobility.  Cam, on the other hand, is a well-established threat on the ground. 

I think (and hope) Denver's experience gives them the edge in the matchup.

I agree....Denver has to figure out how to play that spread read offense...they have struggled against Russell Wilson in the past...have they learned enough to take on Cam....that's a big question....you have to contain...and get after him. Tough tough task.

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They have to have someone to shadow Cam...that pass rush will open up lanes that Cam can run 20 yds on at will if they leave him alone and turn and cover the receivers. They need to get a push up the middle again and force him into Ware and Von on the edge.

I agree....Denver has to figure out how to play that spread read offense...they have struggled against Russell Wilson in the past...have they learned enough to take on Cam....that's a big question....you have to contain...and get after him. Tough tough task.

20 hits on Brady is very different from 20 hits on Cam, in my opinion.  Cam is much more suited to take those hits, so it'll slow him down less.  With that said, the combination of hits and the fatigue of running the ball often could wear him down.  It'll be interesting to see how Wade approaches it.  With a guy as inexperienced as Cam, I expect a lot of new stuff and exotic blitz packages they haven't shown before.

2 hours ago, Susie Q said:

Well according to this article the Bronco's will be wearing white.  looks like the Panthers have no say in this. haha

http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/story/1636080-broncos-will-wear-white-jerseys-super-bowl

So, tell me now, am I the only one being superstitious here? 0-4 in Orange jerseys is what the Broncos are in SBs.

1-0 with Navy Blue, 1-1 in whites. Panthers are used to playing in white, so now they can hope Cam throws it to white jerseys, LOL. Let the mind games begin, bwahahaha!!! :)