Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Makes A Fan?

horseshoepower

I don't think anyone else can tell you that you are or aren't a fan. It's totally personal. I think this bunk about "Well the TRUE fans are behind Peyton/ are all for advancing the franchise with Luck." is as inconsiderate as it comes, but this joker with the Jags is making me reconsider.

Although he might not want to say it the way he did, he does have a bit of a point. If he is going to take input, ideas, constructive criticism about his team I would think it would make sense to be more interested in what those who have a vested interest are saying. If you are a CEO and you go to the shareholder's meeting you are more concerned about what the shareholder's veiws are and not so much those people who just think you have a cool company.

But he also needs to be concerned about those that buys tickets sporadically, those that buy merchandise, those that watch on TV, etc. But in reality if I was an owner would I listen to someone like me? No.

Although he might not want to say it the way he did, he does have a bit of a point. If he is going to take input, ideas, constructive criticism about his team I would think it would make sense to be more interested in what those who have a vested interest are saying. If you are a CEO and you go to the shareholder's meeting you are more concerned about what the shareholder's veiws are and not so much those people who just think you have a cool company.

But he also needs to be concerned about those that buys tickets sporadically, those that buy merchandise, those that watch on TV, etc. But in reality if I was an owner would I listen to someone like me? No.

And they've had ongoing issues with selling tickets. So yes, they do need to sell those tix

The follow up to the article is; he appeased Jax fans by offering free slurpees to anyone in a Jaguars jersey at his chain of convience stores.

(Bad poster, I slapped my own hand... but hey, if the Simpson can do it....)

haha

but only a small slurpee[/apu voice]

seriously, people who get offended by that just want to be offended. it's like non christians who are offended if you wish them a merry christmas. if you are offended, then that's too bad for you. life is too short

Perhaps he'll rethink his comment the next time a multi-million dollar tv rights check comes in. I'd be willing to bet that most teams make a LOT more money from that then they make gross profit from stadium operations. Particularly in a city that has trouble selling out consistently.

This guy is an dipstick. You do not insult half your fan base like that. Do you think the only fans of the Colts are here in Indy and the surrounding area? Colts fans are all across the nation and the same is true for all teams. Does he not think those fans are watching the games (hello you make most of your money from TV contracts) and buying merchandise?

I have gone to many Colts games in my life, but I am not a season ticket holder and probably will never be because the prices are just outrageous and the headaches just are not worth it. Yet, here I am every Sunday sitting on my couch rooting for the Colts and every year I buy mercandise for myself and wife. Heck my dog even has a freaking Colts collar.

This thread made me think about something: What is the cost of a season ticket?

I did a search and found that season tickets for the Jags started out at $330. That seems extremely low to me.

But, I couldn't find any such information on the Colts or a few other teams that I tried to search. Probably because season tickets are not available. :dunno:

So, I am asking what is the lowest price for season tickets for the Colts (or any other teams)?

This thread made me think about something: What is the cost of a season ticket?

I did a search and found that season tickets for the Jags started out at $330. That seems extremely low to me.

But, I couldn't find any such information on the Colts or a few other teams that I tried to search. Probably because season tickets are not available. :dunno:

So, I am asking what is the lowest price for season tickets for the Colts (or any other teams)?

Here are the Colts 2012 season ticket prices, for 10 home games. They are the same as 2011.

The lowest price for season ticket is $380.

The scale is $380, 480, 690, 790, 990, 1260.

These do not include club seats which sell on a 2 or 3 season minimum purchase. They are priced at 3 levels, $2080, 2240, and 2400 per season, with discounts for multiple season purchases.

My seats are in the end zone, 23 rows up, and are the in the $790 bracket.

Here are the Colts 2012 season ticket prices, for 10 home games. They are the same as 2011.

These do not include club seats which sell on a 2 or 3 season minimum purchase. They are priced at 3 levels, $2080, 2240, and 2400 per season, with discounts for multiple season purchases.

That's actually not bad. Do the Colts torture their fans with that seat license nonsense?

Thank you. I thought they would be more than that.

My brother is a Panther's fan and pays $2,000 per seat just for the PSL. His seats are on the 50-yard line, but they are 5 rows from the top of the stadium.