Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peytons back in against SD.

scooter4910

20 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Brock was wronged, that's all I will say. I'm happy for Peyton not thrilled how it played out for Brock.

He was BUT Denver was going to lose with him in there. Kubiak has to make the change. Once Peyton got in there he got the offense in the right plays. It was amazing how many fumbles by Denver with Brock and none when Peyton came in. It is a shame to see Brock lose the job that way Denver had to win or drop to #5.

Who starts for the playoffs? I assume Peyton? Qb controversy for sure.

Just now, Restored said:

At this point, you have to let Peyton play into the postseason. He gives the team the best chance to win and it was almost night and day when he came in.

What if it is snowing and cold in Denver in two weeks like it was for the Pats game? That would be horrific for Peyton but you are right. I think Kubiak has to roll with Peyton but at this point I have no idea what he will do. I did not think he will pull Brock today.

24 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Brock was wronged, that's all I will say. I'm happy for Peyton not thrilled how it played out for Brock.

How was he wronged...???   I realize the 5 turnovers were not all his fault, but the team was falling apart.  Something had to be done,  Kubiak thought Peyton was the answer, and obviously he was right.

The whole team came to life and turned around when Peyton took the field.    Brock's time will come soon enough.  Today was Peyton's day.

Just now, amfootball said:

What if it is snowing and cold in Denver in two weeks like it was for the Pats game? That would be horrific for Peyton but you are right. I think Kubiak has to roll with Peyton but at this point I have no idea what he will do. I did not think he will pull Brock today.

Someone has a case of wishful thinking. What if Brady's offensive line can't protect him like today against the Dolphins? That would be horrific for Brady.

I thought all along that the moment would come when they'd go back to Peyton...

It cam sooner than I thought.

But I;ve asked the question 100 times: Do you think that Denver can win the Super Bowl with Brock at QB this year?

The answer is 'no'.

So the move back to Peyton had to be made.

2 home games is all they have to win....

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I thought all along that the moment would come when they'd go back to Peyton...

It cam sooner than I thought.

But I;ve asked the question 100 times: Do you think that Denver can win the Super Bowl with Brock at QB this year?

The answer is 'no'.

So the move back to Peyton had to be made.

2 home games is all they have to win....

Unc this still flat out isn't helping your cause. If you ask that question about Peyton to anybody who isn't a Colts fan and demand a 1 word yes or no answer,  the answer doesn't change. I mean I'm all for Peyton but I'm also all for not giving it to the Pats fans on this forum.

12 minutes ago, amfootball said:

If they can keep a strong run game going, the weather will be less of an impact. A good run game is good for any team in those conditions, not just Denver.

9 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Unc this still flat out isn't helping your cause. If you ask that question about Peyton to anybody who isn't a Colts fan and demand a 1 word yes or no answer,  the answer doesn't change. I mean I'm all for Peyton but I'm also all for not giving it to the Pats fans on this forum.

No, BC....that's just not true at all

Peyton led THIS team to the Super Bowl 2 years ago...and he's been in the Bowl 3 times.

he's brought the Broncos from behind to win FOUR times this year now.  You're being stubborn

I don't know why you ignore the games he's played well this year and .insist that his bad, injured games are the REAL Manning..

Hey, I wasn't too thrilled how Brock was yanked either but apparently it worked. 

Non-Colts fans used to point out that Peyton had a 3 TD 7 INT performance en route to the SB. So the Colts must have won the SB inspite of Peyton. This Broncos game vs the Chargers showed me that it is more than passing stats that make up QBing at the NFL level. Peyton had 3 INTs in one Chiefs playoff game and the other 3 games, all INTs came early in the game. He then had a good feel of the coverages and was more than glad to hand it off, even when he faced the 3-21 deficit vs the Pats. People can spin it whichever way they want to, but he did get the team in the right situations in order to maximize the efficiency of the offense in 2006. So, the passing stats were not a true reflection of the QB level of play but a lot of times, that is all you can measure it by. 

So, this playoff run might end up being similar where his stats may not knock your socks off but if the Broncos win a SB, are Broncos fans going to care if he threw 5 TDs and 5 INTs en route to a SB win? Us Colts fans did not care, we knew he would complete the passes when he had to, and hand it off when he had to. Whoever is playing QB for you, that is probably what the expectations will be.

Getting rid of the ball and getting the team in the right plays are all things Peyton can do for you that Brock still has ways to go. Throwing the ball harder and running bootlegs, we all know Brock can do better. 

One thing I did notice in this game was Peyton was MUCH MORE comfortable under center than I have seen him prior to the injury and his hand offs were quicker, looking at it objectively. Maybe his foot is healing as well as the coaches actually said it is.

24 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:
11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

No, BC....that's just not true at all

Peyton led THIS team to the Super Bowl 2 years ago...and he's been in the Bowl 3 times.

he's brought the Broncos from behind to win FOUR times this year now.  You're being stubborn

I don't know why you ignore the games he's played well this year and .insist that his bad, injured games are the REAL Manning..

All 2 of the games Manning has played well in have been acknowledged by everybody including me. I get where you're going with the 3 Superbowl trips. You're dancing around his other playoff trips which amount to a losing playoff record in spite of the addition of 3 Superbowl runs. Talk about being stubborn.

1 hour ago, BloodyChamp said:

All 2 of the games Manning has played well in have been acknowledged by everybody including me. I get where you're going with the 3 Superbowl trips. You're dancing around his other playoff trips which amount to a losing playoff record in spite of the addition of 3 Superbowl runs. Talk about being stubborn.

This Denver team has a D like no other Peyton has ever had. The run game tonight is like no other Peyton has ever had. Assuming the D and the run can maintain, Peyton has a better shot at winning the SB than he had in his previous 2 losses. Osweiler might be younger, but he lacks experience. Peyton can adjust at the line like no other QB in the league. He only needs to hold up for 3 games. It makes no sense not to go with Peyton.

2 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

They should have left Brock in even if he were going to lose. Then they could have atleast sold the idea of benching him the following week for losing to the Chargers.

You're kidding, right?

"Winning this game could be the difference between a #1 seed and a #5 seed in the playoffs, but we should let our starter lose it so that we can justify benching him."

.....said no coach ever.

8 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

You're kidding, right?

"Winning this game could be the difference between a #1 seed and a #5 seed in the playoffs, but we should let our starter lose it so that we can justify benching him."

.....said no coach ever.

And just like that there is a Gary Kubiak bandwagon in the Peyton Manning camp.

36 minutes ago, 18Manning said:

This Denver team has a D like no other Peyton has ever had. The run game tonight is like no other Peyton has ever had. Assuming the D and the run can maintain, Peyton has a better shot at winning the SB than he had in his previous 2 losses. Osweiler might be younger, but he lacks experience. Peyton can adjust at the line like no other QB in the league. He only needs to hold up for 3 games. It makes no sense not to go with Peyton.

Yes it does. There are pro and cons in both cases and it's not heresy to admit it.

It seemed like Kubiak was ticked off at Brock at half time for not reading the D and not leading the offense. Brock also seemed ticked off at some of the play calling. Kubiak needed a spark and got one, but the subtraction of Schofield was just as big as the addition of Manning. 

Hoping for a fairy tale from here.