Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Speculation: Miami interested in Chudzinski

bap1331

I would like to see how things look with three NFL guys running things before we decide to start from scratch.

I never liked Pep and thought he constantly put the team at a disadvantage particulary the D. I would imagine Manusky was doing cartwheels when he was sent packing.

I have been a supporter of Grigson but if rumors are true about him involving himself in what are in my mind clearly coaching decisions. If Pagano had little to no say in his coordinators. Grig's should be the first one out the door.

The season is 16 games I would like to see what happens over these next 7 weeks and hopefully into the playoffs

When you talk about getting a coach that has proven he can win in the playoffs. We were one game away from the Super Bowl last year. That was with Pep throwing darts and potentially meddling GM.

I don't think Grig's will be running over Chud if any of that was even accurate. I believe we lost the weak link. Pagano Manusky and Chud may be a winning formula. It begins Sunday in the ATL. Let see what we have before we run for greener grass.

Although I've soured on Pagano recently, I would be willing to give him another chance without Grigson. I feel as if he's been handicapped behind closed doors, and that might be the issue.

Pagano, Manusky, and Chud minus Grigson might be ther real winning formula. I bet Irsay leans in that direction.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I've soured on Pagano recently, I would be willing to give him another chance without Grigson. I feel as if he's been handicapped behind closed doors, and that might be the issue.

Pagano, Manusky, and Chud minus Grigson might be ther real winning formula. I bet Irsay leans in that direction.

New GM almost always means new coaches....      they want their guy

I would like to see how things look with three NFL guys running things before we decide to start from scratch.

I never liked Pep and thought he constantly put the team at a disadvantage particulary the D. I would imagine Manusky was doing cartwheels when he was sent packing.

I have been a supporter of Grigson but if rumors are true about him involving himself in what are in my mind clearly coaching decisions. If Pagano had little to no say in his coordinators. Grig's should be the first one out the door.

The season is 16 games I would like to see what happens over these next 7 weeks and hopefully into the playoffs

When you talk about getting a coach that has proven he can win in the playoffs. We were one game away from the Super Bowl last year. That was with Pep throwing darts and potentially meddling GM.

I don't think Grig's will be running over Chud if any of that was even accurate. I believe we lost the weak link. Pagano Manusky and Chud may be a winning formula. It begins Sunday in the ATL. Let see what we have before we run for greener grass.

It seems to me that of Irsay made grigson check himself, that it would solve most of the complaints. Grigson does GM duties, Pagano can be the good coach that he is and Jace Chud and manus as coordinators. If Pagano can be himself, the is no reason why the other two need to go. Other than the micromanage part of grigson, I think he has done pretty well.

I think most people are too lazy to actually do any investigating on their own and just tag onto something that a reporter, or another poster said and rely on that as gospel.

The fact is that Chud didnt really do all that much in Carolina.  Everyone keeps talking about the big turn around he made.  Yes they went from last place to 7th place in a one year jump.  Well  that is mainly because they went from Matt Moore as their starter to Cam. 

Under Pep   Luck was a lot more productive.    Luck has NEVER been rated lower than Cam, even as a rookie and Cam in his second yr.  This yr of course Cam is higher...  Luck is hurt.

Another point is that Cam runs... a lot.....  Andrew doesnt.... that made for a nice looking offense by Cam when it was a new fad in the NFL before defenses figured out how to stop it.

Cleveland got rid of him because he wasnt doing anything there.   They sucked on offense when he was there.

I will root for Chud, but unlike many of you, I have realistic expectations....   I see us finishing 7-9 and wining the division by default. Because Houston is hitting a hard road  right now.  And our schedule is a little better,  but we have MH and not Luck.  Realistically I dont think he can continue his hot streak.... there is a book on him now and defenses will be ready for him.

Again not trying to be a pessimist,   I just have more realistic expectations after you actually read a little about the nonsense everyone is saying

For all of you expecting something super human by Chud,   you might be disappointed..

As the OC in Cleveland he sent Derrick Anderson to the pro bowl as a QB and got 4.4 per carry out of Jamal Anderson.He was around 3.4 per carry the 2 years prior and 2 years after. Both Cleveland and Carolina went from the bottom of the league to top 10 in Offense.

I don't expect anything super human just an OC who knows what the heck is going on. Rather than the Pop Warner mind we had that thought every plays should go for 6. I am positive we won't see 20+ straight passes.

I think most people are too lazy to actually do any investigating on their own and just tag onto something that a reporter, or another poster said and rely on that as gospel.

The fact is that Chud didnt really do all that much in Carolina.  Everyone keeps talking about the big turn around he made.  Yes they went from last place to 7th place in a one year jump.  Well  that is mainly because they went from Matt Moore as their starter to Cam. 

Under Pep   Luck was a lot more productive.    Luck has NEVER been rated lower than Cam, even as a rookie and Cam in his second yr.  This yr of course Cam is higher...  Luck is hurt.

Another point is that Cam runs... a lot.....  Andrew doesnt.... that made for a nice looking offense by Cam when it was a new fad in the NFL before defenses figured out how to stop it.

Cleveland got rid of him because he wasnt doing anything there.   They sucked on offense when he was there.

I will root for Chud, but unlike many of you, I have realistic expectations....   I see us finishing 7-9 and wining the division by default. Because Houston is hitting a hard road  right now.  And our schedule is a little better,  but we have MH and not Luck.  Realistically I dont think he can continue his hot streak.... there is a book on him now and defenses will be ready for him.

Again not trying to be a pessimist,   I just have more realistic expectations after you actually read a little about the nonsense everyone is saying

For all of you expecting something super human by Chud,   you might be disappointed..

As the OC in Cleveland he sent Derrick Anderson to the pro bowl as a QB and got 4.4 per carry out of Jamal Anderson.He was around 3.4 per carry the 2 years prior and 2 years after. Both Cleveland and Carolina went from the bottom of the league to top 10 in Offense.

I don't expect anything super human just an OC who knows what the heck is going on. Rather than the Pop Warner mind we had that thought every plays should go for 6. I am positive we won't see 20+ straight passes.

Again just adding Cam took Carolina from bottom to top 10

They were the worst team in the league the prior yr

He sure didn't last very long in Cleveland as the HC

And again don't forget that Peps offense was better and so was Arians during the last few years

Chud has not had a better offense than Pep has had with Carolina and Cam and that great defense or Cleveland with that great online and an above average defense

What are you trying to say? You don't believe Chud is better than Pep?

Iwoulddisagree.jpg, but let's see how it goes. One thing that was clear was that Pep needed to go.

Unless they aim to give Pagano full control that might not be possible.  Usually when you bring in a new GM that GM wants to bring in his own head coach.  The whole keep the coach, fire the GM is occasionally done but it sometimes works.

I'd be willing to give Chud a chance as the head man.  Honestly this is probably even less possible but I would argue that maybe Chud should be our HC and Pagano our DC.  But I've never seen a head coach take a demotion to coordinator with the same team.  

What are you trying to say? You don't believe Chud is better than Pep?

Iwoulddisagree.jpg, but let's see how it goes. One thing that was clear was that Pep needed to go.

I am saying over the same time span Pep has had a much better offense than Chud.   I will gladly wait and see on this and hope that Chud does great things.   But Peps offense whether anyone likes it or not has been top 5ish for ever since he got here.  Yes a lot of that is Luck just like a lot of the failure this year is Luck....  And Chud's Carolina turn around had a lot to do with a very good QB in Cam.

I cannot say one way or another if Chud is better yet.....  He hasnt done anything yet,  One game is not enough to compare two years to.  Any reasonable person would have to agree with  that.

I am saying over the same time span Pep has had a much better offense than Chud.   I will gladly wait and see on this and hope that Chud does great things.   But Peps offense whether anyone likes it or not has been top 5ish for ever since he got here.  Yes a lot of that is Luck just like a lot of the failure this year is Luck....  And Chud's Carolina turn around had a lot to do with a very good QB in Cam.

I cannot say one way or another if Chud is better yet.....  He hasnt done anything yet,  One game is not enough to compare two years to.  Any reasonable person would have to agree with  that.

You're arguing against a strawman. I don't see anyone claiming that just because of one game we have proof that Chud's offense is better than Pep's. Maybe I missed that, but I think the overriding point is that Pep wasn't doing a good job.

We can set aside the top five since Pep has been here deal, which isn't technically accurate, and even if it was, it doesn't mean there weren't deficiencies and flaws in his offense. But that's neither here nor there. Through eight games this season, the offense had MAJOR issues. It wasn't nearly top five in any respect. And that's not all Pep's fault, but ultimately, it was about him. And the same flaws from previous seasons were just magnified. And then, magically, after one game without him, those flaws subsided. I have no problem saying Pep was the primary issue. Whether Chud is the answer is yet to be seen.

Unless they aim to give Pagano full control that might not be possible. Usually when you bring in a new GM that GM wants to bring in his own head coach. The whole keep the coach, fire the GM is occasionally done but it sometimes works.

I'd be willing to give Chud a chance as the head man. Honestly this is probably even less possible but I would argue that maybe Chud should be our HC and Pagano our DC. But I've never seen a head coach take a demotion to coordinator with the same team.

Or give the HC a GM he wants. Andy Reid basically got his own GM when he went to KC. Find a GM that will cater to the coaches strengths if you keep Pagano and his staff.

Again just adding Cam took Carolina from bottom to top 10

They were the worst team in the league the prior yr

He sure didn't last very long in Cleveland as the HC

And again don't forget that Peps offense was better and so was Arians during the last few years

You act as though Cam was a pro ready QB coming out of college. Far from it.

You're arguing against a strawman. I don't see anyone claiming that just because of one game we have proof that Chud's offense is better than Pep's. Maybe I missed that, but I think the overriding point is that Pep wasn't doing a good job.

We can set aside the top five since Pep has been here deal, which isn't technically accurate, and even if it was, it doesn't mean there weren't deficiencies and flaws in his offense. But that's neither here nor there. Through eight games this season, the offense had MAJOR issues. It wasn't nearly top five in any respect. And that's not all Pep's fault, but ultimately, it was about him. And the same flaws from previous seasons were just magnified. And then, magically, after one game without him, those flaws subsided. I have no problem saying Pep was the primary issue. Whether Chud is the answer is yet to be seen.

to be fair  when MH played flaws disappeared too...  Luck is hurt, he has been trying to do to much.  Pep has screwed the  pooch on occasion, but so has Luck this year.

The one that should have been fired is Pagano.  The fake punt against NE and telling Pep to change what was working....  Not telling the special teams coach to punt out of bounds on in the Denver game.  This team is never prepared.  ANd I know its all coach speak and hopefully he isnt like that behind the scenes with the team but his cliches about the team and the effort are very frustrating.

I understand why Pep was fired.  He was the easy choice.  But he wasnt the reason this team wasnt winning.  Injuries and stupid calls at a higher pay grade are the reason.

Pep didnt all of a sudden forget how to call a game this yr.  The offense has been very very good the last few years.  What is different?  Luck is hurt, he has been hurt since Buffalo game IIRC. 

I hope Chud can light a spark under this offense.  I hope MH can keep doing what he did.  But I dont expect it.   He is a 40 yr old back up and I dont have much faith that he can continue to play at that high level we saw earlier this season.  Dont forget how bad he was in preseason and last season etc etc

Luck need to heal and not come back until he is 80% or so....  no one is 100% this time of year.  If they rush him back or he cons his way back to soon..... no OC will be able to right this ship

to be fair  when MH played flaws disappeared too...  Luck is hurt, he has been trying to do to much.  Pep has screwed the  pooch on occasion, but so has Luck this year.

The one that should have been fired is Pagano.  The fake punt against NE and telling Pep to change what was working....  Not telling the special teams coach to punt out of bounds on in the Denver game.  This team is never prepared.  ANd I know its all coach speak and hopefully he isnt like that behind the scenes with the team but his cliches about the team and the effort are very frustrating.

I understand why Pep was fired.  He was the easy choice.  But he wasnt the reason this team wasnt winning.  Injuries and stupid calls at a higher pay grade are the reason.

Pep didnt all of a sudden forget how to call a game this yr.  The offense has been very very good the last few years.  What is different?  Luck is hurt, he has been hurt since Buffalo game IIRC. 

I hope Chud can light a spark under this offense.  I hope MH can keep doing what he did.  But I dont expect it.   He is a 40 yr old back up and I dont have much faith that he can continue to play at that high level we saw earlier this season.  Dont forget how bad he was in preseason and last season etc etc

Luck need to heal and not come back until he is 80% or so....  no one is 100% this time of year.  If they rush him back or he cons his way back to soon..... no OC will be able to right this ship

Easy choice? Pep was fire because he stunk.

to be fair when MH played flaws disappeared too... Luck is hurt, he has been trying to do to much. Pep has screwed the pooch on occasion, but so has Luck this year.

The one that should have been fired is Pagano. The fake punt against NE and telling Pep to change what was working.... Not telling the special teams coach to punt out of bounds on in the Denver game. This team is never prepared. ANd I know its all coach speak and hopefully he isnt like that behind the scenes with the team but his cliches about the team and the effort are very frustrating.

I understand why Pep was fired. He was the easy choice. But he wasnt the reason this team wasnt winning. Injuries and stupid calls at a higher pay grade are the reason.

Pep didnt all of a sudden forget how to call a game this yr. The offense has been very very good the last few years. What is different? Luck is hurt, he has been hurt since Buffalo game IIRC.

I hope Chud can light a spark under this offense. I hope MH can keep doing what he did. But I dont expect it. He is a 40 yr old back up and I dont have much faith that he can continue to play at that high level we saw earlier this season. Dont forget how bad he was in preseason and last season etc etc

Luck need to heal and not come back until he is 80% or so.... no one is 100% this time of year. If they rush him back or he cons his way back to soon..... no OC will be able to right this ship

Pep Hamilton. Is that you?

Where did this mindset that Saban was terrible come from? He had 1 winning season in 2 years! Took the wrong QB. But the Dolphins weren't horrible. I don't want though mainly because he got old.

Saban sucked in Miami & he had no idea how to manage a professional football team of grown men. RBs Ricky Williams & Ronnie Brown made Nick a lot more competent at his NFL gig than he actually was. 

College football is the best for him in Alabama where 18-20 year old kids hang on his every word & don't challenge him because a lot of them are on campus courtesy of a scholarship with free tuition & room & board.

He deserves credit for leading a successful university football team to titles, but I don't want Saban anywhere near the Colts. Hades no! 

Saban sucked in Miami & he had no idea how to manage a professional football team of grown men. RBs Ricky Williams & Ronnie Brown made Nick a lot more competent at his NFL gig than he actually was.

College football is the best for him in Alabama where 18-20 year old kids hang on his every word & don't challenge him because a lot of them are on campus courtesy of a scholarship with free tuition & room & board.

He deserves credit for leading a successful university football team to titles, but I don't want Saban anywhere near the Colts. Hades no!

So basically it's your opinion he "sucked" even though there is no basis for the opinion. I get you don't like the guy. I don't want him as the Colts coach either. But no reason to lie about his success or failure in the NFL.

That's not really fair...   Luck makes Pags look good and Peyton made Dungy look  good....   its a package deal

Pep didnt all of a sudden forget how to call a game this yr.  The offense has been very very good the last few years. 

I disagree with a lot of what you said, and it's kind of a waste of time to go point by point. But I will respond to this part.

Pep called bad games last year. Luck had slumps last year. Lack of play action, abandoning the run, including specific run concepts that were working well, etc., etc. This isn't all of a sudden an issue with Pep. 

Yes, the offense had good numbers last season, but that doesn't mean that these issues didn't exist. They've been magnified this season by a variety of factors, but they are not new. Unfortunately, they got worse, when we hoped they'd get better. And just this season, the drastic difference in gameplans and play calling between the MH games and the Luck games is inexcusable.

Thus, Pep is gone.

None of this bodes well for Pagano, but if things change down the stretch, he has a better chance of keeping his job. I hope that things get better and this team plays the way it was expected to play all season long, but we'll have to wait and see on that.

I don't see how anybody could defend Pep. Luck played bad but Peps play calling was terrible almost every game this year. Most of the game plans were a complete disaster. Pep was out coached and out schemed by Rob Ryan, who is also out of a job. That should tell you all you need to know.

• 2 weeks later...
On November 18, 2015 at 3:14:17 PM, Coltfreak said:

I will root for Chud, but unlike many of you, I have realistic expectations....   I see us finishing 7-9 and wining the division by default.

Coltfreak - You are saying the Colts will go 1 - 4 in the final five games?

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He's only won 145 games over the last 15 years.

Why would anyone think he can coach....?

He's speaking more about championship level coaching.  Every single year people expected Richts bulldogs to have what it takes to make the championship they always fell short of expectations and that's mostly why he got fired.  Bulldogs always had talented squads under Richt and they always fell short throughout his entire tenure.

34 minutes ago, krunk said:

He's speaking more about championship level coaching.  Every single year people expected Richts bulldogs to have what it takes to make the championship they always fell short of expectations and that's mostly why he got fired.  Bulldogs always had talented squads under Richt and they always fell short throughout his entire tenure.

Nick Saban's presence in the SEC has caused a lot of coaching changes.  Saban has lost only a handful of games against SEC opponents since he took over at Bama.  Richt got canned because he couldn't get past Saban.  Although Urban Meyer won 2 championships at Florida, he left in part because of Saban.  Les Miles almost got canned because of his losses to Saban.  

3 hours ago, deedub75 said:

Nick Saban's presence in the SEC has caused a lot of coaching changes.  Saban has lost only a handful of games against SEC opponents since he took over at Bama.  Richt got canned because he couldn't get past Saban.  Although Urban Meyer won 2 championships at Florida, he left in part because of Saban.  Les Miles almost got canned because of his losses to Saban.  

The Urban v. Saban record is 2-2.

6 hours ago, krunk said:

Right.    I get that.

And it goes back to my observation about posters here.     They observe players or coaches are either great, or they suck.

A guy wins nearly 10 games a year for 15 years and because he hasn't won enough championships people here talk him down.     I never claimed he was great.     But there's something to be said for being very good.   And Richt is a very good coach.      And the same thing happened with Les Miles.    He hadn't won enough championships or beaten Alabama and for that he got talked down pretty good here.

Pretty embarrassing from my perspective.     If you can't recognize good when it's standing right in front of you,  well,  what's the point?

6 hours ago, krunk said:

Right.    I get that.

And it goes back to my observation about posters here.     They observe players or coaches are either great, or they suck.

A guy wins nearly 10 games a year for 15 years and because he hasn't won enough championships people here talk him down.     I never claimed he was great.     But there's something to be said for being very good.   And Richt is a very good coach.      And the same thing happened with Les Miles.    He hadn't won enough championships or beaten Alabama and for that he got talked down pretty good here.

Pretty embarrassing from my perspective.     If you can't recognize good when it's standing right in front of you,  well,  what's the point?

6 hours ago, krunk said:

Right.    I get that.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Right.    I get that.

I'll say he's probably about the best of the bunch of guys that are losing their jobs.  However if you're looking to revive the U, and when I say that you have to remember what the expectation of the U was in their hey days.  Good was not good enough, losing more than 1 to 2 games was looked at as a disappointment.  I'm not sure if Richt is the guy that can bring that type of thing back.  

They'll certainly win with him, I've watched enough Georgia games to know that.  I just haven't seen where he has what it takes as a coach to win the Title and 15 years in one program says quite a bit.  Maybe he'll do better with Miami being in a less tougher conference than the SEC.  To me he kind of reminds me of the College Version of Marty Schottenheimer. And when I say that I mean he'll win you some games, the personnel will be really good, but when it comes time to put the big boy pants on he always falls short.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Right.    I get that.

I'll say he's probably about the best of the bunch of guys that are losing their jobs.  However if you're looking to revive the U, and when I say that you have to remember what the expectation of the U was in their hey days.  Good was not good enough, losing more than 1 to 2 games was looked at as a disappointment.  I'm not sure if Richt is the guy that can bring that type of thing back.  

They'll certainly win with him, I've watched enough Georgia games to know that.  I just haven't seen where he has what it takes as a coach to win the Title and 15 years in one program says quite a bit.  Maybe he'll do better with Miami being in a less tougher conference than the SEC.  To me he kind of reminds me of the College Version of Marty Schottenheimer. And when I say that I mean he'll win you some games, the personnel will be really good, but when it comes time to put the big boy pants on he always falls short.