Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Speculation: Miami interested in Chudzinski

bap1331

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did well with Cam in Carolina and there are many who believe Cleveland was too quick to let him go. He has head coaching experience from his time in Cleveland.

He got hosed in Cleveland. New ownership wanted to bring in their own guys. I don't blame them but at least they could of given Chud a chance.

If he's not our HC next year, I think he's as good as gone, unfortunately.

Probably, assuming the offense continues to play well.

But playing devil's advocate, I think he would be selective with his next move, given his experience in Cleveland. He could conceivably turn down an offer or interviews from an unstable team, wanting to avoid another bad experience. Not that Miami is necessarily unstable...

Look, Chuck is likelt gone next year which most likely means Chudzinski is gone as well. The new coach will want to bring in his own coordinators. Both Chuck and Chud should be candidates for Miami IMO given their ties there. Chuck might even be a good recruiter for them given how much people like playing for him.

I think his contract only runs through this season.

If that's true,  then he's a free agent at the end of the season.

If that's false,  then a team would have to ask permission.

I can't imagine that they went through all that trouble this offseason to keep him, and then only signed him for one year. I would assume he's under contract for 2016.

The Colts don't have to give permission for him to be interviewed by an NFL team for a head coaching job. I'm not sure that the Colts have to give permission for him to be interviewed by a college team for any job.

If he's not our HC next year, I think he's as good as gone, unfortunately.

Uh huh. I really like how Chud's handling our offense, but I would be more than a little gun shy about offering him the full time coaching position right now. 

Rob's only experience running a football program completely is with the Browns & nobody seems successful in Cleveland. Darn, I wanna keep him as OC, but not give him the ultimate gig just to retain him in INDY.

I wanna hire a proven Playoff winner as our next HC not just a guy who runs a good offensive scheme. Also, no college head coaches trying to make a dent in the NFL either. Spurrier was a disaster for the Redskins & Saban sucked in Miami. 

I would like to see how things look with three NFL guys running things before we decide to start from scratch.

I never liked Pep and thought he constantly put the team at a disadvantage particulary the D. I would imagine Manusky was doing cartwheels when he was sent packing.

I have been a supporter of Grigson but if rumors are true about him involving himself in what are in my mind clearly coaching decisions. If Pagano had little to no say in his coordinators. Grig's should be the first one out the door.

The season is 16 games I would like to see what happens over these next 7 weeks and hopefully into the playoffs

When you talk about getting a coach that has proven he can win in the playoffs. We were one game away from the Super Bowl last year. That was with Pep throwing darts and potentially meddling GM.

I don't think Grig's will be running over Chud if any of that was even accurate. I believe we lost the weak link. Pagano Manusky and Chud may be a winning formula. It begins Sunday in the ATL. Let see what we have before we run for greener grass.

Give us a break!!!! Hasnt even reached his 2nd game and they're already taking him away. I think we need anonymous coaches or something. This is ridiculous....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000581695/article/report-rob-chudzinski-among-serious-miami-candidates

add Indy to the mix.  Pagano waters receding (low-tide).  The very person he recommended, will snatch his job.

Uh huh. I really like how Chud's handling our offense, but I would be more than a little gun shy about offering him the full time coaching position right now.

Rob's only experience running a football program completely is with the Browns & nobody seems successful in Cleveland. Darn, I wanna keep him as OC, but not give him the ultimate gig just to retain him in INDY.

I wanna hire a proven Playoff winner as our next HC not just a guy who runs a good offensive scheme. Also, no college head coaches trying to make a dent in the NFL either. Spurrier was a disaster for the Redskins & Saban sucked in Miami.

Where did this mindset that Saban was terrible come from? He had 1 winning season in 2 years! Took the wrong QB. But the Dolphins weren't horrible. I don't want though mainly because he got old.

They want to hire him to be their HC.

Still don't get it...

Probably, assuming the offense continues to play well.

But playing devil's advocate, I think he would be selective with his next move, given his experience in Cleveland. He could conceivably turn down an offer or interviews from an unstable team, wanting to avoid another bad experience. Not that Miami is necessarily unstable...

Plus, to the bolded, it's not a foregone conclusion that Pagano is out and Chud steps in.  I think a lot is riding on how we finish the season.  

If they run his friend off out of Indy, why the hell would Chud ever want to stay here anyway?  He's gone regardless.  And I doubt any decent coach would come here, even with Luck, if Grigson rumors are true and he's not fired too.  

I still say (for the infinitely large number of times) we should keep it status quo.  It is so possible, if not likely, we wouldn't see an improvement record wise for the next 4 years over what we've just had.  

If they run his friend off out of Indy, why the hell would Chud ever want to stay here anyway? He's gone regardless. And I doubt any decent coach would come here, even with Luck, if Grigson rumors are true and he's not fired too.

I still say (for the infinitely large number of times) we should keep it status quo. It is so possible, if not likely, we wouldn't see an improvement record wise for the next 4 years over what we've just had.

Actually the Colts job will be coveted. Every coach knows to be successful you have to first have a QB. Indy does

Actually the Colts job will be coveted. Every coach knows to be successful you have to first have a QB. Indy does

Well, coveted knowing you'll have to bow down and let Grigson run your team down into the ground?  That doesn't seem very attractive.  If Grigson is GONE, or if the new coach has authority over him and not the other way around, and that coach can pick their own staff and decide who plays etc., then sure, it is attractive... but right now, as is, it is a dysfunctional nightmare.  

I think most people are too lazy to actually do any investigating on their own and just tag onto something that a reporter, or another poster said and rely on that as gospel.

The fact is that Chud didnt really do all that much in Carolina.  Everyone keeps talking about the big turn around he made.  Yes they went from last place to 7th place in a one year jump.  Well  that is mainly because they went from Matt Moore as their starter to Cam. 

Under Pep   Luck was a lot more productive.    Luck has NEVER been rated lower than Cam, even as a rookie and Cam in his second yr.  This yr of course Cam is higher...  Luck is hurt.

Another point is that Cam runs... a lot.....  Andrew doesnt.... that made for a nice looking offense by Cam when it was a new fad in the NFL before defenses figured out how to stop it.

Cleveland got rid of him because he wasnt doing anything there.   They sucked on offense when he was there.

I will root for Chud, but unlike many of you, I have realistic expectations....   I see us finishing 7-9 and wining the division by default. Because Houston is hitting a hard road  right now.  And our schedule is a little better,  but we have MH and not Luck.  Realistically I dont think he can continue his hot streak.... there is a book on him now and defenses will be ready for him.

Again not trying to be a pessimist,   I just have more realistic expectations after you actually read a little about the nonsense everyone is saying

For all of you expecting something super human by Chud,   you might be disappointed..