Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Griff

indyagent17

I told my friend before the game that I thought Chud would play Griff more today and it sure worked out. Nearly everyone on here rails on him but he's about as gritty as a receiver as you're going to find. He put his head down to get the extra yard and he is fearless going across the middle. Great job Chud on your first game it really paid off with what you did.

I told my friend before the game that I thought Chud would play Griff more today and it sure worked out. Nearly everyone on here rails on him but he's about as gritty as a receiver as you're going to find. He put his head down to get the extra yard and he is fearless going across the middle. Great job Chud on your first game it really paid off with what you did.

What did he do besides save the game ?

I wouldn't say everyone rails on him.

He's a poor man's Welker. He and Luck have chemistry.

But lets face it, he won't be going to the pro bowl, but serviceable. He's clutch on 3 rd down.

I think he , hilton, and Dorsett are our best wt getting separation. When Dorsett comes back, i'd like to see him more.

Griff is exactly the type of receiver you want on your team:

- Reliable hands

- Quick in space

- Can pile up YAC

- Gets open

Does he have the Duron Carter-type measurables that casual fans drool over?  Nope.  But the kid can ball when it matters.

Griff must continue to get snaps, particularly now that the underneath game is alive and well under Chud.

I wouldn't say everyone rails on him.

He's a poor man's Welker. He and Luck have chemistry.

But lets face it, he won't be going to the pro bowl, but serviceable. He's clutch on 3 rd down.

I think he , hilton, and Dorsett are our best wt getting separation. When Dorsett comes back, i'd like to see him more.

no Moncreif?

I've been a fan of Whalen's for the past few years and thought he never got the PT he deserved at WR. He's so clutch and makes the catches that keep drives alive. He's never going to take the top off a defense, but he consistently makes plays.

I have criticized him the past couple of years but this year, he finally got a chance to prove show his WR skills. I really like him as a WR and not on special team. Clearly it works in the favor of Luck since he don't have to rely on Hilton on 3rd down every time. Griff can ball, no doubt about that.  

Glad he was playing receiver and not fumbling more returns.... ack... 

Look, I think Denver saw him as no threat in their game plan and he burned them.  But I give ALL the credit to Luck for finding him with perfect passes.  When the passes are dead on, ANY receiver at the NFL should make those same catches.  But I am glad they threw it to him and no Johnson who seems to drop a critical pass in nearly every game.  

Glad he was playing receiver and not fumbling more returns.... ack...

Look, I think Denver saw him as no threat in their game plan and he burned them. But I give ALL the credit to Luck for finding him with perfect passes. When the passes are dead on, ANY receiver at the NFL should make those same catches. But I am glad they threw it to him and no Johnson who seems to drop a critical pass in nearly every game.

Wayne > Johnson