Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SNF - Broncos vs Packers

RockThatBlue

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the biggest threat to Denver in the division is.....the Raiders?

I mean, the Broncos have already played and beaten them once, in Oakland...

The Chargers seem to be the kind of person you can stab in the back 10 times and they won't die, so I never count them out...and the Broncos have yet to play them either.

This Denver team is just going to mangle the Colts. I'm not looking forward to both tomorrow's game and the Den game. If Luck does have a screwed up shoulder still & messed up ribs, I'm not sure how he's going to survive these next two.

I'd like to think we are their Cryptonite... really

Even though I did pick the Broncos, I am suprised Green Bay was this bad.

And I am sorta on the "Broncos defense is awesome" wagon now.......

I have a headache now. Sigh..........

And how can the AFC have 3 unbeaten teams? We will have 3 awesome division winners and then the Colts.

I don't even think GB was "bad". I think DEN is just really damn good.

We already knew the D was very good given how they've essentially won the day 5 weeks in a row in spite of an inept offense. So you factor in an offense that finally not only shows up, but plays WELL, and you have a scary team. Special teams are solid, too.

And how can the AFC have 3 unbeaten teams? We will have 3 awesome division winners and then the Colts.

I think it's more the Denver D is that good (I know, you said so on your next line). If Denver can keep massaging that Offense and making it better, they will be incredible.

I don't even think GB was "bad". I think DEN is just really damn good.

We already knew the D was very good given how they've essentially won the day 5 weeks in a row in spite of an inept offense. So you factor in an offense that finally not only shows up, but plays WELL, and you have a scary team. Special teams are solid, too.

Rodgers is 0-8 on the road vs teams with winning records. He really is becoming a QB that is only good/great at home.

That being said, Denver D is stout and the best in the league right now. If the offense can continue to be average they will be scary tough.

From Mike & Mike this a.m.:
In the last two years, Aaron Rodgers has played 5 road games against teams ranked in the top 5 on defense - 2014-Seahawks, Lions, Bills, Seahawks again, then Denver last night. GB is 0-5, and he has 3 tds, 5 int, 34 QBR, 4 completions of 20 or more yards and 10 sacks.

In the last two years, Aaron Rodgers has played 5 road games against teams ranked in the top 5 on defense - 2014-Seahawks, Lions, Bills, Seahawks again, then Denver last night. GB is 0-5, and he has 3 tds, 5 int, 34 QBR, 4 completions of 20 or more yards and 10 sacks.

To be fair, it should have been 1-4 if not for that atrocious call by the ref in the Seahawks game.

I have said this before "despite all the TDs and low INTs that Rodgers has thrown, he does not have as many comeback victories in his life". 

That is where Peyton, Brady, and even Brees are in a class of their own. They make mistakes but they bring their team back. Once Rodgers has to play a role other than front runner, with a good lead, he does not do well. Heck, even Andrew Luck will finish with more comeback victories than Rodgers does.

Now I hate this next weekend.

Peyton vs Colts. Peyton is an emotional and loyal guy. It's going to be tough all around.

A loss to Peyton, if preceded by a loss to the Panther, I can see putting Irsay over the edge to fire a few. Just my two cents.  :dunno:

With Carolina tonight and Denver next week, the Colts may be looking up.   They have the Falcons after Denver.    Freeman may run for 200 plus.  

A win tonight is very important.

With Carolina tonight and Denver next week, the Colts may be looking up.   They have the Falcons after Denver.    Freeman may run for 200 plus.  

A win tonight is very important.

I like the Colt secondary vs the Panther receivers very much.  If the front seven can generate some pressure I think Cam could be in for a long night.

Goes to show we aren't likely to be anything more than a 4 seed....so our record won't matter regardless. We just need to focus on our divison, getting healthy, and playing better. We will get a home game against likely NY or Pittsburg most likely so if we can get that win then its on to Foxboro and a chance to redeem ourselves....something we were likely going to have to do to win the SB regardless so nothing really changes despite our poor record....it isn't like we have to spot someone points because we embarrassed the league with how poorly we played this year.

I haven't read this whole thread, but am I the only one that doesn't think that Manning is going to be able to be making some of those passes he made in the GB game come play off time.  He definitely made some good throws, but they looked far from effortless

Rodgers looked quite ordinary. I was surprised.

In fairness, apart from a few plays where he missed an open man and the safety he played as well as a QB could in that situation. Rodgers had absolutely nowhere open to throw the ball for most of the night. Denver's D played nasty. They rendered the QB position pretty much useless.

Rodgers can thread the needle on the run better than any other QB in the league - the problem was there was no needle to thread. His receivers were blanketed all night long and his backs were stuffed.

Rodgers broke off a couple of 10-15 yard runs, but even those benefited from blatant non-called holds. (Seriously, god awful lopsided officiating. Entire ref crew should be fined/fired for how obvious it was.They gave GB all 10 of their points.) 3 non called delayed games were the best part of it. What a joke.

Denver's D does commit a lot of dumb penalties, but only about half of the ones in that game called on them were legit. The other  half was complete nonsense while GB could do no wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

You were saying?

Before I say anything, I commend you for bringing this up.  Many times, people aren't held accountable to what they say, but you're holding me accountable here, and I can appreciate that.  So tip of the hat to you.

Now, onto the Broncos.  What a mess.  Personally, I'm of the opinion that Kubiak could very well be the worst head coach in the NFL.  Peyton Manning has been in essentially the same offense for 18 years.  He's been in the same system for nearly 2 decades.  Now, Kubiak is forcing him to do things very differently than what he's used to.  I can't ever recall Peyton taking a snap in the pistol as a Colt, or having to do so many throws on the run/on bootlegs.  I posted on here before the Broncos' bye week that the best thing Kubiak could do for the team would be to let Peyton reinstall his offense during the bye and come out swinging.  His offense doesn't work with the current OL and QB they have.  Peyton has used essentially one offense to become one of the best to ever play the game.  Why are you forcing him to change that?  Would you force Jerry Rice to primarily block?  Would you use Lawrence Taylor primarily as a coverage linebacker?  Let people do what they're good at and what has given them success.  Let Peyton run his own offense and forget all this garbage you're running with the pistol and all these bootlegs.  This is your best chance to win a Super Bowl, given how your defense is playing (was playing, at least...).  Let Wade cover the defense and let Peyton cover the offense.  The best thing Kubiak could do is step back.  By forcing Peyton to run this offense, he's making an incredibly stupid decision.

Before I say anything, I commend you for bringing this up. Many times, people aren't held accountable to what they say, but you're holding me accountable here, and I can appreciate that. So tip of the hat to you.

Now, onto the Broncos. What a mess. Personally, I'm of the opinion that Kubiak could very well be the worst head coach in the NFL. Peyton Manning has been in essentially the same offense for 18 years. He's been in the same system for nearly 2 decades. Now, Kubiak is forcing him to do things very differently than what he's used to. I can't ever recall Peyton taking a snap in the pistol as a Colt, or having to do so many throws on the run/on bootlegs. I posted on here before the Broncos' bye week that the best thing Kubiak could do for the team would be to let Peyton reinstall his offense during the bye and come out swinging. His offense doesn't work with the current OL and QB they have. Peyton has used essentially one offense to become one of the best to ever play the game. Why are you forcing him to change that? Would you force Jerry Rice to primarily block? Would you use Lawrence Taylor primarily as a coverage linebacker? Let people do what they're good at and what has given them success. Let Peyton run his own offense and forget all this garbage you're running with the pistol and all these bootlegs. This is your best chance to win a Super Bowl, given how your defense is playing (was playing, at least...). Let Wade cover the defense and let Peyton cover the offense. The best thing Kubiak could do is step back. By forcing Peyton to run this offense, he's making an incredibly stupid decision.

I don't agree that a coach should change his offense for a 40 year old QB with one year max left in him.

Before I say anything, I commend you for bringing this up.  Many times, people aren't held accountable to what they say, but you're holding me accountable here, and I can appreciate that.  So tip of the hat to you.

Now, onto the Broncos.  What a mess.  Personally, I'm of the opinion that Kubiak could very well be the worst head coach in the NFL.  Peyton Manning has been in essentially the same offense for 18 years.  He's been in the same system for nearly 2 decades.  Now, Kubiak is forcing him to do things very differently than what he's used to.  I can't ever recall Peyton taking a snap in the pistol as a Colt, or having to do so many throws on the run/on bootlegs.  I posted on here before the Broncos' bye week that the best thing Kubiak could do for the team would be to let Peyton reinstall his offense during the bye and come out swinging.  His offense doesn't work with the current OL and QB they have.  Peyton has used essentially one offense to become one of the best to ever play the game.  Why are you forcing him to change that?  Would you force Jerry Rice to primarily block?  Would you use Lawrence Taylor primarily as a coverage linebacker?  Let people do what they're good at and what has given them success.  Let Peyton run his own offense and forget all this garbage you're running with the pistol and all these bootlegs.  This is your best chance to win a Super Bowl, given how your defense is playing (was playing, at least...).  Let Wade cover the defense and let Peyton cover the offense.  The best thing Kubiak could do is step back.  By forcing Peyton to run this offense, he's making an incredibly stupid decision.

This was not Kubes decision though. It was Elway's and he convinced Manning to come back after he hired Kubiak. Elway believed at the end of last year that Manning could no longer carry the team offensively with his Indy offense. He wanted that off-loaded this season like it was for him in the last 90's when he won his last two SBs. I think it is clear Manning just does not have enough left physically. He does not look confused or uncomfortable to me but unable to make the throws.