• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With Luck...Colts are favored by 9..

without Luck...its an even game..pick 'em

I'd still take the Colts....31-21

I am just hoping we win. I would be happy with a 6-3 win. 

Our game plan needs to be to give Gore the ball over and over. If we run the ball well and play good defense then we have a chance. 

After this season I hope irsay really evaluates this coaching staff and the gm because this is mind blowing and some will say oh it's just jacksonville but we just gave up 33 points against a weak tennesse team last week I think we lose today because I don't trust hasselbeck at all he's way to slow

the titans are actually pretty good on offense thanks to mariota

Speaking of game planning....Last week, the Broncos installed the pistol formation against Detroit since Manning's O was struggling the first two weeks.  Reportedly, Manning went 11 for 13.

Will the Colts install a new formation or game plan with MH in?...or even when Luck comes back since he was struggling before?

We'll see...

Luck out due to a horrible offensive line.

I see Hasslebeck getting sacked 15 times today!

With Luck out, Frank Gore on a "pitch count", Hasslebeck playing behind our offensive line, and our recievers struggling....

I'm going to need some beer today.

Oh, I'm sure you do. 

I myself am a professional rapper. 

What that has to do with anything is beyond me but I digress.

I have been MORE than critical of Grigson. I cannot defend his job surrounding this team. 

Collins went undrafted because everyone in the league understands, unlike you, that anyone sought for questioning in connection with a murder, and I will use a direct quote from my brother who was a 20+ year sheriff's deputy (There's your jobs thing again) "is on the waiting list to be a suspect."

Grigson couldn't force him to sign with us. He may have taken a lesser offer than we made to sign with Dallas. Grigson made the effort. Collins chose otherwise. 

And you're all about Incognito. I get it. Good on you. 

But we didn't take him for obvious reasons that the bad outweighs the good. 30 other teams joined us. 

But maybe you're just a genius that is smarter than 31 NFL front offices and coaching staffs. 

So I guess you probably won't be making that living with numbers much longer. Don't forget us when you're building the next great NFL dynasty.

Rappin' aint easy...

Respect...

Colts fans do not know how good Matt Hasselbeck is..they just don't. They have followed largely just the Colts

Stay tuned.

We have the best backup QB in the league

The bold is simply not true.  Hasselbeck was very nice back up when we acquired him a few years ago.  Colts probably should have tried to upgrade this position in the offseason.  Unfortunately, we have held onto him a year too long.  If you watched him in the preseason you would clearly see that he has fallen off.  Hasselback looked old and declining.  Jacksonville actually looks to have the better QB on the field today in Bortles. 

If Hasselbeck stinks it up today it will be a further indictment on Griggson and his failure to put a complete team on the field.  Sometimes seeing what your team looks like without its franchise QB can be an eye opening  experience for an owner.  Irsay can assess just how well or how poorly his GM has built the team similar to when Peyton went down a few years ago.  It will be interesting to see how it all plays out today. 

Going to put this out there...Today without Luck, we have our most dominate game of the year.

Jags try same thing the Bills, Jets, and Titans did...blitz...a  lot.

But because MH is at QB we have short quick outs, a few screens, TE's get involved, and we pound the ball down the Jags throats for 175+ total rushing yards.

They won't be able to run against us very effectively, Vonte locks down their new 'go-to receiver', and Mathis/Cole combine for 3 sacks by themselves.

Want to calm down....Phantom?....google Matt Hasselbeck's career record....its very comforting

I know ALL about Matt and he was a fine qb but 40 is still 40. If he can muster any of the things he did in the past to win ballgames I will be VERY happy but I'm not sold from what I've seen in the preseason because to me Matt looked like his better days were FAR behind him. The Colts are playing the Jags so oldunclemark I do give him at least a shot....

I know ALL about Matt and he was a fine qb but 40 is still 40. If he can muster any of the things he did in the past to win ballgames I will be VERY happy but I'm not sold from what I've seen in the preseason because to me Matt looked like his better days were FAR behind him. The Colts are playing the Jags so oldunclemark I do give him at least a shot....

I'll grant you the first couple preseason games he looked awful. But the one he started in, he looked quite good, much better.  I think he just had some rust to shrug off.  he even had a couple very accurate deep throws...-though they were rainbows-

MH has a much quicker release, so the short game is his thing, and that with a ground pound is what we need to do any how with the o-line issues.

Going to put this out there...Today without Luck, we have our most dominate game of the year.

But because MH is at QB we have short quick outs, a few screens, TE's get involved, and we pound the ball down the Jags throats for 175+ total rushing yards.

They won't be able to run against us very effectively, Vonte locks down their new 'go-to receiver', and Mathis/Cole combine for 3 sacks by themselves.

If that's so then BAD COACHING is highlighted EVEN more because they will go to that gameplan to PROTECT a 40yr old qb instead of having that mindset for Luck behind a subpar line! In their eyes Luck is strong and can take the hits which is why some defensive players on opposing teams compare him to a lb playing qb.

Are you serious?

Have you seen Mathis' play so far this year? He would not be much of an upgrade over what we're currently dealing with, and his insistence that he is worth big money is what led to his ousting from Philly. 

And as far as Iupati is concerned, we couldn't afford him. You do realize that we have to pay Luck, Hilton, Costanzo, Fleener, Allen, and several others moving forward right? Paying top guard money isn't really an option. It was in Arizona because other than Fitzgerald, they aren't spending a significant amount of cap on their offensive skill players.

Not that I was in favor of signing a high priced guard, but this notion that the colts have all this talent to sign leaves me scratching my head. Oh no, two decent tight ends.....time to break the bank. The colts could have signed Iupati if they wanted him.

Speaking of game planning....Last week, the Broncos installed the pistol formation against Detroit since Manning's O was struggling the first two weeks.  Reportedly, Manning went 11 for 13.

Will the Colts install a new formation or game plan with MH in?...or even when Luck comes back since he was struggling before?

We'll see...

If its the 'pistol' with Peyton, it might be the 'slingshot' with Matt.

Seriuosly, that;s a good thought...

But we didn't have Andrew roll out anyway...

If that's so then BAD COACHING is highlighted EVEN more because they will go to that gameplan to PROTECT a 40yr old qb instead of having that mindset for Luck behind a subpar line! In their eyes Luck is strong and can take the hits which is why some defensive players on opposing teams compare him to a lb playing qb.

Agree 100%.

But some of it could be Luck being Luck and audibling out of short passes or runs, because he see's something...he is TOO competitive in that way.

But yeah...if Luck does that too much,..and he is hurting the team, then it is still coaching fault for not taking away that privilege from him.

We'll see...

I have been waiting for the pistol for over 3 years. Not pistol, no occasional read option, no roll outs. I'm crossing my fingers for no Pep.

Like they say in Cleveland.....phantom

You will be a witness!! He may start slow..but he can still play.

He cant be what he was every week..but for one week, he can be as good as he ever was (isn't that a country song?)

The 3rd sentence. Especially the 3rd sentence. (add a few delayed draws to the mix as well and we might get a W)

why do you put so much stock in the pre-season

You just lost all credibility by saying winning makes it all go away and if we brought in a bunch of wife beaters and scum of football it would be okay as long as we won? Where's your morals man? That's such a mind blowing statement.

Frankly, I wouldn't care. It's entertainment. Football players are far from the only entertainers/public figures to commit morally questionable acts, but for some reason we don't hold others to the same standard.

I would have signed him. Would of had a incentive laced contract with zero crap. He's a problem, he's gone. But nooooooo we'd rather get bums or guys out of the CFL or some other low level league. But hey, as long as we keep drafting and signing wr's and rb's. Same colts, different GM.

you better stop you are being a "whiner" not allowed to say Grigson sucks and call him out for not building the team better after 4 years of trying

Not that I was in favor of signing a high priced guard, but this notion that the colts have all this talent to sign leaves me scratching my head. Oh no, two decent tight ends.....time to break the bank. The colts could have signed Iupati if they wanted him.

Luck is getting the biggest deal in the league. Costanzo got a huge deal and so did Hilton. Fleener or Allen is going to get a mid-level deal. Gore is getting around 5 million for the next 3 years. Johnson is getting around 7 million the next 3 years. By that time we're looking at re-signing Moncrief or Dorsett long term at around 7+ million annually. 

Now tell me how a guard averaging around 8 million a year fits in there. 

He didn't practice all week, I really don't see what the surprise is. This will actually give everyone, Fans, Grigson, Irsay a chance to see if Pep can adjust to Hasselbecks abilities accordingly and create a game plan that both takes advantage of Hasselbecks strengths while taking advantage of matchups and taking what the defense gives us