Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If the season is to be saved, we have to make a change....

NewColtsFan

Sorry,  but Pep has to go.    The sooner the better.

The offense is a complete disaster.

Luck looks confused and lacking confidence.     That's on Pep.

The running game is spotty at best and that's on Pep.

The passing game is a horrible mess and that's on Pep.    Does he even know it's OK to pass to tight ends and running backs?    Almost everything is to a wide receiver.

Pep doesn't understand the difference between college football and the NFL.    He's still trying to use things that worked at Stanford and tries to make them work at the Professional level.  

I rarely want to see 6 or 7 OL.    Not with all our weapons.   I don't want to see David Parry at fullback.    I don't want to see Josh Robinson or the Vega kid in crucial situations --  trying for a 1st down or inside the 10.    That's why we brought in Frank Gore.     I think the Gore fumble was brought on by a poor exchange with Luck that wasn't clean.  I could be wrong,  but that's what I thought I saw.

I think we give away plays by alerting everyone in the stadium of our intentions by personnel groupings on down and distance.    I sit at home and call out "pass" or "run" depnding on down and distance and where we are on the field.    I'm not wrong that often.    All we're doing is making our job much, much harder than it has to be.

Honestly,  I hope we all wake up tomorrow to find Pep has been let go and Chudzinski is the new OC.     The sooner this happens,  the better off the Colts will be.

NCF

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't you the guy who always says we don't need to fire anyone?

lol we have moderators calling out posters that are following the rules?  I like you, 21isSuperman, and I know you are just volunteering your time here, but that was pretty crazy/unprofessional.

This really has been a meltdown night.

Anyway, on topic, I agree with much of what was said in the original post.  The lack of RB screens against pressure and the complete disappearance of TEs in the passing game is baffling.

The penalties are also out of control. 

The passing game is a horrible mess and that's on Pep.    Does he even know it's OK to pass to tight ends and running backs?    Almost everything is to a wide receiver.

Pep doesn't understand the difference between college football and the NFL.    He's still trying to use things that worked at Stanford and tries to make them work at the Professional level.  

I rarely want to see 6 or 7 OL.    Not with all our weapons.   I don't want to see David Parry at fullback.    I don't want to see Josh Robinson or the Vega kid in crucial situations --  trying for a 1st down or inside the 10.    That's why we brought in Frank Gore.     I think the Gore fumble was brought on by a poor exchange with Luck that wasn't clean.  I could be wrong,  but that's what I thought I saw.

I think we give away plays by alerting everyone in the stadium of our intentions by personnel groupings on down and distance.    I sit at home and call out "pass" or "run" depnding on down and distance and where we are on the field.    I'm not wrong that often.    All we're doing is making our job much, much harder than it has to be.

Honestly,  I hope we all wake up tomorrow to find Pep has been let go and Chudzinski is the new OC.     The sooner this happens,  the better off the Colts will be.

NCF

i 100 percent agree with you !!!!

Edited by 21isSuperman

NCF

I 100% agree with you.  Pep Hamilton has weapons all over and can't do anything with it.  Luck is making poor decisions.   If it is true that Pagano didn't hire Hamilton, I think Hamilton needs to go and have Chud run the offense.  At least if Pagano is to be fired, he had his guy in for awhile.  But Hamilton is a disaster.

lol we have moderators calling out posters that are following the rules?  I like you, 21isSuperman, and I know you are just volunteering your time here, but that was pretty crazy/unprofessional.

This really has been a meltdown night.

Anyway, on topic, I agree with much of what was said in the original post.  The lack of RB screens against pressure and the complete disappearance of TEs in the passing game is baffling.

The penalties are also out of control. 

Nothing personal.  And I'm not getting on him for breaking any rules.  I don't see how it was unprofessional.  I may be a moderator, but I'm still a poster and I have my own opinions and thoughts.  The thoughts and opinions I express aren't necessarily those of the Colts or anyone affiliated with them.  I'm just another poster

Aren't you the guy who always says we don't need to fire anyone?

Well...   I've never given my full endorsement to Pep.    And I've openly questioned the quality of our OL coaches.

Pep's first two games this year have been beyond horrible, and the proof is what we see on the field.

I'm guessing you agree?      

If you want to have fun trying to take shots at me -- feel free to knock yourself out.

At least I didn't call for the firing of the complete coaching staff AND the GM effective tomorrow.    And that's what one rocket scientist did.    You know,  the one that gave you a "like".

He can't even figure out that if the entire staff and the GM are fired tomorrow -- then there's no one to coach or run the team.

Perhaps one of the most ridiculous posts in the history of this website.

Nothing personal.  And I'm not getting on him for breaking any rules.  I don't see how it was unprofessional.  I may be a moderator, but I'm still a poster and I have my own opinions and thoughts.  The thoughts and opinions I express aren't necessarily those of the Colts or anyone affiliated with them.  I'm just another poster

haha fair enough.  I mod in my free time too (premium Notre Dame football content and a few automotive forums).  I would get my butt kicked for saying what you said.

Maybe I'm just jealous because I wish I could!  lol.

Regardless, what a crappy night.  Seeing "our team" get embarrassed on national television.

Proud of the run D.  Some of the penalty calls were absolutely horrendous.

Offense is a hot mess though.

Well...   I've never given my full endorsement to Pep.    And I've openly questioned the quality of our OL coaches.

Pep's first two games this year have been beyond horrible, and the proof is what we see on the field.

I'm guessing you agree?      

If you want to have fun trying to take shots at me -- feel free to knock yourself out.

At least I didn't call for the firing of the complete coaching staff AND the GM effective tomorrow.    And that's what one rocket scientist did.    You know,  the one that gave you a "like".

He can't even figure out that if the entire staff and the GM are fired tomorrow -- then there's no one to coach or run the team.

Perhaps one of the most ridiculous posts in the history of this website.

Not taking shots at you.  It's nothing personal, so no need to go there.

I don't agree that Pep needs to be fired just yet.  Two bad games, but you can only go so far when your QB and OL have been garbage.  Plus, Pep had a pretty good year last year.  I think Pagano and Grigson do need to go (maybe not tomorrow, but soon), but I'm willing to give Pep more time/talent.  With that said, a new coach will likely want a new OC

The fact that Coby has had 1 target in 2 games & he nor Dwayne got not 1 tonight is beyond inexcusable. Why even have those 2 if we're not gonna throw them the damn ball. I know it's not their makeup, but I wish both got in Pep's face after the game & demand the ball vs the Titans

I wonder if Pep knows there is such thing as an intermediate/short passing game? He is always sending the receivers deep, and it doesn't matter what situation we are in whether it is 1st and 20 or 3rd and 2 it is always deep. We need a new play caller and we need him stat.

I agree with this, but it also makes me wonder why so many are heart broken Ariens isn't here.

I don't agree that Pep needs to be fired just yet.  Two bad games, but you can only go so far when your QB and OL have been garbage.  Plus, Pep had a pretty good year last year.  I think Pagano and Grigson do need to go (maybe not tomorrow, but soon), but I'm willing to give Pep more time/talent.  With that said, a new coach will likely want a new OC

The reason for changing things now, is I would expect Pep to be fine the next 3 weeks.    When we're playing the rest of the AFC South.     But once we're playing New England in week 6,  I think our offense will look like it has tonight and last week.

And I'd expect the Colts offense to struggle whenever we're playing a good team.   

I've lost complete confidence and faith that Pep can coordinate a well run offense against a top level defense which I'd expect to face if we can make the playoffs.

So, if Pagano has his job on the line -- and if it's true that he'd prefer Chud as his OC -- then I think he should be able to go down swinging with his guy and not Grigson's guy.

I agree with this, but it also makes me wonder why so many are heart broken Ariens isn't here.

LOL because sometimes I really question if people watch the games.

But yea I'm expecting a post soon on bring back Arians for OC and his refusal to throw to RBs and deep time consuming routes lol.

Isn't Pep responsible for coaching the offensive players and coming up with the offensive game plan?

Yes Arians was a deep pass type of play caller as well, but he knew when to dial it down and move the sticks. Pep didn't dial it down at all this game. Also where is the delayed RB dump offs out of the back field for a relief valve. We are not even close to clicking on all cylinders and I think it starts with our play caller. Don't get me wrong I think Luck and the O-Line had terrible games as well, but we were not playing good situational football two weeks in a row now.

The reason for changing things now, is I would expect Pep to be fine the next 3 weeks. When we're playing the rest of the AFC South. But once we're playing New England in week 6, I think our offense will look like it has tonight and last week.

And I'd expect the Colts offense to struggle whenever we're playing a good team.

I've lost complete confidence and faith that Pep can coordinate a well run offense against a top level defense which I'd expect to face if we can make the playoffs.

So, if Pagano has his job on the line -- and if it's true that he'd prefer Chud as his OC -- then I think he should be able to go down swinging with his guy and not Grigson's guy.

Completely agreed. And why is Grigson having say in coaching in the first place? He's bringing in talent so let it be. I'm not an avid fan of firing Grigson as I do see progress but if he's meddling in coaching it is only ammunition for people to want to see him go. Very very foolish.

The fact that Coby has had 1 target in 2 games & he nor Dwayne got not 1 tonight is beyond inexcusable. Why even have those 2 if we're not gonna throw them the damn ball. I know it's not their makeup, but I wish both got in Pep's face after the game & demand the ball vs the Titans

The only exception I would make on that is that I think Allen got hurt.   I heard on the broadcast that Allen did NOT come back out on the field for the 2nd half.    I didn't see him play.    And I think that's why Jack (Sorry, blanking on his name) (84) played so much in the 2nd half.     But almost nothing to Fleener.

What is going on?!?

Isn't Pep responsible for coaching the offensive players and coming up with the offensive game plan?

Yes, but he can only work with the (limited) talent Grigson provides.  Lance Louis should not be starting anywhere in the NFL

The reason for changing things now, is I would expect Pep to be fine the next 3 weeks.    When we're playing the rest of the AFC South.     But once we're playing New England in week 6,  I think our offense will look like it has tonight and last week.

You'd be comfortable with Chud as the OC?  I'm not saying he's a bad choice, but I don't know anything about him.  I don't know what kind of offense he likes to run and how that will fit in with what we have here.

Not taking shots at you. It's nothing personal, so no need to go there.

I don't agree that Pep needs to be fired just yet. Two bad games, but you can only go so far when your QB and OL have been garbage. Plus, Pep had a pretty good year last year. I think Pagano and Grigson do need to go (maybe not tomorrow, but soon), but I'm willing to give Pep more time/talent. With that said, a new coach will likely want a new OC

Wow I don't get that...AT ALL. Lol. I still have faith in pagano and manusky. I'm on the fence with grigson. Pep though. GTHO. :)

Yeah time for Pep to go but it wont happen at least till after the season, It honestly might be time for Pagano to go with him however. On a positive note Henry Anderson got his 1st sack tonight and played well otherwise

And I thought of you tonight, my friend.

Whenever we pulled Parry out of the game on passing downs,  it was Henry Anderson who played the nose.

I'm pretty sure you predicted that right around draft day give or take a week!      Props to you!!        :thmup:

Yes, but he can only work with the (limited) talent Grigson provides.  Lance Louis should not be starting anywhere in the NFL

You'd be comfortable with Chud as the OC?  I'm not saying he's a bad choice, but I don't know anything about him.  I don't know what kind of offense he likes to run and how that will fit in with what we have here.

I believe he's been an OC before.   Down in Carolina.   And I think it was that work that got him the HC job in Cleveland.   So, I think he's got a good reputation.

Hey, if you have another choice,  I'm all for it!    But the only other one I can think of is Christensen.   And I thought he's not highly thought of as an OC?!?      People are fine with him as the QB coach,  but not as the OC?    That's been my impression at least.

Yes Arians was a deep pass type of play caller as well, but he knew when to dial it down and move the sticks. Pep didn't dial it down at all this game. Also where is the delayed RB dump offs out of the back field for a relief valve. We are not even close to clicking on all cylinders and I think it starts with our play caller. Don't get me wrong I think Luck and the O-Line had terrible games as well, but we were not playing good situational football two weeks in a row now.

No he didn't. Arians is a really bad play caller. Not as bad as Pep has been this year, but bad nonetheless. He's a pretty good head coach, though. 

'Arians' and 'delayed RB dump offs' doesn't belong in the same sentence.

But I agree with the last line there. The first third and two, which was followed by AV's missed field goal, is a perfect example of poor situational play calling. 

I have been one of the most optimistic people on this board. I was on the "Give Trent a training camp" bandwagon. I rarely react to a lost the way others on the forum do. However, now I am convinced. I blame Pagano 100%. I like the guy, but Peyton's Colts didn't start dominating until we got rid of Mora for an elite coach.

Wow I don't get that...AT ALL. Lol. I still have faith in pagano and manusky. I'm on the fence with grigson. Pep though. GTHO. :)

I just think if he had a good year last year, he can have another one this year.  But Pagano hasn't done anything during his entire tenure here to make me have even some hope in him.  Manusky has been on and off. 

I believe he's been an OC before.   Down in Carolina.   And I think it was that work that got him the HC job in Cleveland.   So, I think he's got a good reputation.

Hey, if you have another choice,  I'm all for it?    But the only other one I can think of is Christensen.   And I thought he's not highly thought of as an OC?!?      People are fine with him as the QB coach,  but not as the OC?    That's been my impression at least.

Most of us tolerate CC as QB coach. But he has no goodwill built up from his stint as OC in 2011. Chud is the best choice on the staff right now. 

I said this in another thread, but I'm sure it will get lost on a night like tonight....   so it's worth repeating.

I thought Greg Manusky did a masterful job tonight!    I was really impressed with how he took spit and dirt and glue and duct tape and put together a pretty solid defense.

We start with Toler, Butler and Smith out.   And then Vonte goes down.     And suddenly, our corners are Brown and Price and Patterson!?!       Holy Cow and they didn't embarrass themselves!

Our run defense was mostly good.   

But we don't have enough of a pass rush yet and the secondary is the Wounded Warrior Project!

I thought Manusky earned his paycheck tonight!!

I have been one of the most optimistic people on this board. I was on the "Give Trent a training camp" bandwagon. I rarely react to a lost the way others on the forum do. However, now I am convinced. I blame Pagano 100%. I like the guy, but Peyton's Colts didn't start dominating until we got rid of Mora for an elite coach.

The right guy for the reboot phase isn't necessarily the right guy for sustained contention phase. I like Pagano, too, and I'm not certain he needs to go. But his team has been unprepared two weeks in a row, against above average teams. We came into this season looking forward to matchups against Pittsburgh, New England, etc., but right now, I'm nervous about the Titans. 

I'm not saying he isn't handicapped by the lack of talent on the Oline, but that does not excuse the befuddling game plans for the first two games this year. The Jets and Bills are both blitz heavy teams that play press coverage, yet the game plans do little to help Luck or the Oline. It's as if Pep thinks the Oline is the best in the NFL and he doesn't need to adjust his game plan to account for all the blitz and press coverages the Colts are seeing.

I said this in another thread, but I'm sure it will get lost on a night like tonight.... so it's worth repeating.

I thought Greg Manusky did a masterful job tonight! I was really impressed with how he took spit and dirt and glue and duct tape and put together a pretty solid defense.

We start with Toler, Butler and Smith out. And then Vonte goes down. And suddenly, our corners are Brown and Price and Patterson!?! Holy Cow and they didn't embarrass themselves!

Our run defense was mostly good.

But we don't have enough of a pass rush yet and the secondary is the Wounded Warrior Project!

I thought Manusky earned his paycheck tonight!!

The thing about Manusky is that if you need an average defense, he'll give you an average defense. If you need a good defense, he'll give you an average defense.