Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reaction thread: Fire all the coaches and the GM (merge)

SilentHill

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a relative who works for the 49ers.  She told me the biggest issue was left wing vs right wing politics causing the underlying problem.   I don't know first hand, but she said Harbaugh wasn't being PC/agreeable enough to be acceptable to the owners, management and community leaders.   It wouldn't shock me as much as the country is divided.

john Harbaugh is the coach of the Ravens. It sounds like you are talking about Jim.

Here's the thing, I was trying to avoid a doom and gloom mentality, but after watching the game last night, I have to chime in.

It's clear some of the coaches have NO IDEA what they're doing. Frank Gore runs for 8 yards to set up second and two...lets pass the ball the next two downs.

We do need a change after this season, or Luck will walk to another team. After watching the game, I seriously think we might have a chance at getting Jon Gruden. The dude is in love with Luck, and he's bring a no-nonsense attitude to the team that I think we need.

i have zero interest in Gruden. He's been away from the game for a long time now and his last stop was not good. He did well with the Raiders but that was close to 15 years ago, the game has changed since then.

Well hopefully if someone is fired people will calm down for a minute. I can't say I hope someone gets fired though even if they suck at their job, I don't want anyone to have bread taken off of their table. Although with the money the staff makes they should be fine.

Well hopefully if someone is fired people will calm down for a minute. I can't say I hope someone gets fired though even if they suck at their job, I don't want anyone to have bread taken off of their table. Although with the money the staff makes they should be fine.

yeah Grigs Pagano and pep will all be just fine

Team realized that the Colts live and die by the deep ball and if you blitz, there's no time for the plays downfield to develop. This is what happens when your receivers don't get open underneath.

Receivers can't get open underneath if we keep sending them deep. I'm not an OC or anything but if I had 4.2 and 4.3 speed receiver, I'd be running quick slants all day.

hahaha I expected an over reaction but Wow!

The Colts just got done playing probably the best two defensive teams in the entire league. R-E-L-A-X, they will still win the division.

I won't go into too much detail because you already know where the problem lies, Ryan Grigson is a terrible GM. He made the easiest pick in 3 decades in taking Andrew luck and has lost more talent than gained. 

I like Pagano, if he gets fired and Grigson doesn't....what a disaster that would be. 

hahaha I expected an over reaction but Wow!

The Colts just got done playing probably the best two defensive teams in the entire league. R-E-L-A-X, they will still win the division.

I won't go into too much detail because you already know where the problem lies, Ryan Grigson is a terrible GM. He made the easiest pick in 3 decades in taking Andrew luck and has lost more talent than gained. 

I like Pagano, if he gets fired and Grigson doesn't....what a disaster that would be. 

Listen, I know your a Browns fan, and winning the Division might be your life long dream, but we win the division almost every year, it's superbowl or bust here in Indy.

It might be time to do that.  If the Colts lose to Titans then someone is getting fired.  I say Pep goes first and then spreads like wild fire. 

On a side note, did anyone see when the camera panned over to Luck on the sideline toward the end of the game he appeared to be saying f-you to someone over and over?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL at this thread.... I can't even imagine being so fairweather.. What a joke. There are a lot of spoiled fans on this message board.

Actually the fair weather fans have left, because you know  that's the definition of fairweather.  Only us realists left.

Good point.. probably an incorrect usage on my part. Although saying how bad we suck and how everyone needs to be fired is kinda fairweather towards the actual players and staff..

The coaches are horrible, give me one good reason to not take the play calling away from PEP today?

As I said in another thread, I think it's pretty obvious that the O-line has been a major problem in these first 2 games. But what does everyone want them to do? You can't just cut them and pick up a new line 2 games into the season. You have to keep playing and form some chemistry.. And that goes for the whole offense. A lot of new faces.. give them some time to gel. Let's not just call for everyone's heads after 2 losses, regardless of what happens over the next few games.

We played 2 good defenses so far. Luck has looked shook from all the blitzing and we have Dick Labeu coming up. What I don't understand is how we don't have a TE or a RB chipping then hitting the flats for some completions. 12's pre snap reads have been off . He needed to switch the Mike call over to the blitzing side like 18 was great at. Yea Luck played horrendous, but does Pep have some check plays against blitzes where it's a 2-3 step drop back and a completion. Very frustrating to see for us Colts fans.

You guys also seem to be forgetting that Gore just dropped the ball on a probable touchdown. There were a couple other random things that just didn't go our way in that game as well. Vin missing his first field goal from that distance in over 7 years.. I think other turnovers happening as we were moving into scoring range. We very well could have won that game if a couple improbab;e things didn't happen. Granted, it was still a sloppy performance, but there's NO WAY the backlash on here would have been anywhere near this level.

I honestly can't tell you one player on offense who I would say has played "well" so far other than maybe TY. 

With that said I don't think they are going to be this bad forever.  They have a lot of work to do though and very short amount of time to do it in.  I think they have the next two weeks to get things figured out because after that they go into the meat of their schedule starting with a short week and a roadtrip to Houston. 

Agree and I'm shocked that this is the case. If Gore hadn't destroyed last nights game with that goal line fumble , he would have been your for sure exception.

Is the GM solely responsible for personnel decisions in the offseason? How much input do the coaches have in these decisions? If it's the GM, I'd say Grigson needs to go... he's the one supplying the coaching staff with the "tools" to work with. The OL is atrocious... Jim Brown would have problems picking up yards behind these guys.... Johnny Unitas would probably be sacked 10 times a game with this crew......

It's not my intention to blame any one person for the way the team has played so far. Right when Luck gets it going, penalties and Gore's fumble throw everything off track. Both games could have been won despite the lackluster QBing.

As I said earlier, I'm not remotely concerned with Luck. He'll be fine. I don't know about the protection. I don't know about the coordinator. 

I never thought that was your intention. I was just saying that it's really difficult to determine how badly Luck is playing. He has zero help and has no choice but to try to do it on his own. No doubt he's had some bad plays and can play better , we just disagree a bit how much better he can play under the circumstances. That's what I figured was not worth "arguing" about.