Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Maybe #18 isn't done.

RockThatBlue

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People don't realize how good he is . Football is the ultimate team game. Peyton never had a great defense or even adequate special teams. Look at brady , how many times have the defense saved him. And anyone who thinks brady is equal to or better than Peyton is crazy. The colts without peyton went 2-14 , the patriots without brady went 11-5. Now if you want to look at the playoffs, they have the same qb rating, simply brady has been lucky and peyton has not. Go back to the play vs the raiders , he fumbled game over, next game he gets hurt and Bledsoe leads them to victory. Game vs chargers brady throws game ending interception , but the guy fumbles, he gets second chance. He had a reliable field goal kicker who made every clutch kick in playoffs, peyton had a kicker who missed every clutch kick. I could go on and on

I really honestly thought he was done. But I realized maybe he needs more time to warm up now during the game.

Another thing we are missing is the fact that he doesnt have dependable tight ends. Missing Julius and Tamme really hurt him. And they were his safety nets. Also adjusting to Kubiaks offense. They are 2-0 and cant say anything to deny his worth because of it..

He has faced tough defenses though.

I really honestly thought he was done. But I realized maybe he needs more time to warm up now during the game.

Another thing we are missing is the fact that he doesnt have dependable tight ends. Missing Julius and Tamme really hurt him. And they were his safety nets. Also adjusting to Kubiaks offense. They are 2-0 and cant say anything to deny his worth because of it..

He has faced tough defenses though.

They're also missing a dependable slot WR.

He looked MUCH more comfy back in his Indy offense that is for sure. It was smart of Kubiak to revert back in the second quarter but I do wonder if they will stick with that or not. The Denver offense did nothing in the second half except for the final drive to tie the game so I have to think Kubiak wants to still get his offense going but I think it is clear that Peyton is a fish out of water with it. At this point you do what McCoy did in 2012 IMO and just let him run what he is good at.

KC has to be absolutely sick this morning though. They should have won comfortably but just kept giving the ball away.

Something like 6-7 for 65 yards and a TD when targeting Sanders on 3rd down. Looks like Hillman is going to be the starter soon as evidenced by getting the goal line carry before the Green TD and back out there again for the final drive.

Most insane finish watching my fantasy team as I had Charles, McManus, and Denver D in one league and Sanders in two others.

I've personally been pulling for Peyton as most everybody has but now I'm wondering...is a fraud season good for his legacy? Because that's what he's working on lol!

If all-time greats are judged by the final year of a ~20 year career, then Brett Favre is one of the worst quarterbacks ever haha ;)

He's still good enough to help a team win, probably better than most QBs this year but he's falling fast.  Im a big peyton fan and his class is unmatched but lets face it, we are for sure looking at most likely his last year.  He's completely lost the deep ball and his short passes are wobbly as heck.  He can beat defenses with his knowledge but his physical skills are done.  Sadly, its time to retire.  I'd love for him to be the colts Offensive coordinator.

He's still good enough to help a team win, probably better than most QBs this year but he's falling fast.  Im a big peyton fan and his class is unmatched but lets face it, we are for sure looking at most likely his last year.  He's completely lost the deep ball and his short passes are wobbly as heck.  He can beat defenses with his knowledge but his physical skills are done.  Sadly, its time to retire.  I'd love for him to be the colts Offensive coordinator.

I agree whole heartily. I haven't heard any reports about him making comments about what he plans after retirement. He has a couple of homes that would be better to live at than what Indiana has to offer as far as beauty. He don't need money now and with his businesses in place that will never be a problem. Colorado and eastern Tenn. are some of the most beautiful places to live in the country. He may just kick back and enjoy his family. No matter he has earned any choice he makes.

I agree whole heartily. I haven't heard any reports about him making comments about what he plans after retirement. He has a couple of homes that would be better to live at than what Indiana has to offer as far as beauty. He don't need money now and with his businesses in place that will never be a problem. Colorado and eastern Tenn. are some of the most beautiful places to live in the country. He may just kick back and enjoy his family. No matter he has earned any choice he makes.

yes he has.  but he also strikes me as one who wouldnt want to walk away from the game completely......so who knows

There were talks that this will be Kubiak's "team" aka offense. 

Well Kubiak saw the results when you let Peyton do what he is used to doing.

Like someone said, this is a team game.  It is nice to see Peyton play with a good defense, because he needed them last night.

His Oline looked completely different after being down 14.

There were talks that this will be Kubiak's "team" aka offense. 

Well Kubiak saw the results when you let Peyton do what he is used to doing.

Like someone said, this is a team game.  It is nice to see Peyton play with a good defense, because he needed them last night.

His Oline looked completely different after being down 14.

Yeah, last night was pretty telling.

I do think Kubiak wants to get the running game going to make things easier for Peyton, but last night proved that it's not  easy, or successful to try to change the way a person has been playing his entire career.    

If they can get a happy medium between the two.... watch out.

And the Defense,  my word....   they started off a little shaky with all the penalties and :flag:   but when they settled down,  they were pretty incredible.

Manning didn't look good for the first quarter in a half or so but after that he caught fire.  That last drive was amazing.  This has to be one of the best(if not the best) defense he has had.  They forced 4 turnovers and had numerous sacks.  I can't believe Andy Reid didn't just go to O.T. with a neel down.  I also can't believe Charles lost two fumbles.  It was a great game to watch!

If he does hang it up, I want Peyton to at least recognize when he cannot contribute at a high level. Seems like he is showing spurts of elite QB levels but it is definitely the home stretch. 2 years for his contract with the Broncos to end (at end of 2016-2017 season), that is when I predict he will play it out and hang it up.

He looked MUCH more comfy back in his Indy offense that is for sure. It was smart of Kubiak to revert back in the second quarter but I do wonder if they will stick with that or not. The Denver offense did nothing in the second half except for the final drive to tie the game so I have to think Kubiak wants to still get his offense going but I think it is clear that Peyton is a fish out of water with it. At this point you do what McCoy did in 2012 IMO and just let him run what he is good at.

KC has to be absolutely sick this morning though. They should have won comfortably but just kept giving the ball away.

I'd suggest it was taken away by a great Denver Defense, not so much given away.

Kubiak should certainly allow Peyton to run the Offense. IMO, it's a bit ridiculous no to do so.

If he does hang it up, I want Peyton to at least recognize when he cannot contribute at a high level. Seems like he is showing spurts of elite QB levels but it is definitely the home stretch. 2 years for his contract with the Broncos to end (at end of 2016-2017 season), that is when I predict he will play it out and hang it up.

If the Denver Defense can maintain this kind of pressure, and Peyton is only a top 10 QB, they will be formidable. If Denver doesn't force Peyton into working an Offense he's not accustomed to, I think he would be better than top 10. Would help if Denver's O line would block too.

I am glad we have Andrew and the Colts made the right decision in letting Peyton go and drafting Andrew because he is 14 years younger but I will always respect Peyton and root for him except if he plays against Indy of course. Nice win last night. Since Peyton and Andrew have been in the league Andrew has won 3 Playoff games, Peyton has won only 2 Plus Andrew's team beat Peyton's team in last seasons Playoffs. Neither have won a SB.

-I am going by since Andrew has been in the league and Peyton playing for Denver what they have accomplished team wise.

I am glad we have Andrew and the Colts made the right decision in letting Peyton go and drafting Andrew because he is 14 years younger but I will always respect Peyton and root for him except if he plays against Indy of course. Nice win last night. Since Peyton and Andrew have been in the league Andrew has won 3 Playoff games, Peyton has won only 2 Plus Andrew's team beat Peyton's team in last seasons Playoffs. Neither have won a SB.

-I am going by since Andrew has been in the league and Peyton playing for Denver what they have accomplished team wise.

Food for thought only one of these QB have made it to the SB in that time frame.

It feels like the one-and-done moniker was more of a Peyton thing in terms of the number of close games lost in the playoffs. I do believe defense and special teams help win close games, more often than not. If you keep the game close, you have a chance vs Peyton. However, the divisional round last year was not even competitive. Coaches were checking out, players were checking out, Peyton was at a bottom physically, and that is why it was so lop sided from a score perspective. You could tell why Broncos fans did not like the Jack Del Rio defense.

Talib looks like a different player this year, so does DeMarcus Ware, and everyone is comfortable doing something they are good at, that is what good DCs like Wade Philips do. The only thing with Wade Philips - the last 4 times his teams were in the playoffs (Music City Miracle Bills loss in wild card round on a last minute play, 2006 Chargers divisional round loss to Patriots 21-24, Dallas Cowboys 2007 divisional round loss to Giants 17-21, Texans loss to Ravens in 2011 in divisional round 13-20), his teams have not gotten past the divisional round though his D has held its side of the bargain. If Peyton puts about 24 points in the playoffs, the Broncos are a very very dangerous team but that is easier said than done.

What's this mean?  Not arguing, just don't understand...

I was  a little confused :nutz: on that one too.   Not really sure what he meant.

Going out on a limb here........... and thinking most GB and Favre fans probably are not looking forward to Peyton breaking Favre's record,  which if he can continue to stay in the game this year will no doubt happen before season's end.  :dunno:    Maybe something completely different.  :scratch:

Interesting take here from Seifert, he believes Kubiak should still try to stick with his offense with Manning because the Indy offense won't be sustainable for a whole season. I think Denver is between a rock and a hard place with this one. Let Manning run his offense and have the season end up like last year with defenses taking away the middle like KC did last night in the second half or do some type of a hybrid where elements of Kubiak's offense are incorporated. Will be interesting to see which way Kubiak leans for the next game ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/179744/broncos-won-but-gary-kubiaks-plan-should-stick

Interesting take here from Seifert, he believes Kubiak should still try to stick with his offense with Manning because the Indy offense won't be sustainable for a whole season. I think Denver is between a rock and a hard place with this one. Let Manning run his offense and have the season end up like last year with defenses taking away the middle like KC did last night in the second half or do some type of a hybrid where elements of Kubiak's offense are incorporated. Will be interesting to see which way Kubiak leans for the next game ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/179744/broncos-won-but-gary-kubiaks-plan-should-stick

I believe, if they're smart,  they'll do both.   Keep the other teams guessing.   

If all-time greats are judged by the final year of a ~20 year career, then Brett Favre is one of the worst quarterbacks ever haha ;)

There was nothing fraudulent about Favre's 2010 season. He sucked as bad as the team's record indicated. Like it or not, if the defense keeps bailing Peyton out he'll become hated pretty fast. I'm not saying I approve of it, that's just how people are.

The 1 silver lining would be the irony of the Brady homers negating his success thanks to the defense.

I believe, if they're smart,  they'll do both.   Keep the other teams guessing.   

Yeah, I think they need to come to some type of hybrid but I have no idea what that would look like. I would not roll Manning out anymore but maybe have him more under center more to keep the run game going and incorporate some play action. For sure he is best in shotgun and spreading things out. You have to keep that part in there and maybe mix in the rest.