Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why should Indy be worried about Tyrod Taylor?

Pacergeek

That's a bold statement, you actually have no idea how good indy's D is.

He's right it's not a bold statement at all it's a common sense statement. This Colts defense has ALONG way to go to be anywhere close to the Bills D! If we had the Bills D, not only would we win the SB this year. We would be the all time NFL best team!

Oh, now that's a bold statement by the way :)

He's right it's not a bold statement at all it's a common sense statement. This Colts defense has ALONG way to go to be anywhere close to the Bills D! If we had the Bills D, not only would we win the SB this year. We would be the all time NFL best team!

Oh, now that's a bold statement by the way :)

If our front 7 plays to their potential,...and Moore and Irving take over MLB,...We  very well could have a Darn good defense.  Could suck also,...but I think the overall talent is there, they just need game time experience and learn to work off each other. And Manusky needs to just let those young, fast, talented defenders loose.

If our front 7 plays to their potential,...and Moore and Irving take over MLB,...We  very well could have a Darn good defense.  Could suck also,...but I think the overall talent is there, they just need game time experience and learn to work off each other. And Manusky needs to just let those young, fast, talented defenders loose.

Moore and Irving are the backups.    To be sure,  they'll come in to play some situational football, or to give the starters some rest.

But, unless a change is made,  it's Freeman and DQJ in the middle.

Sorry.

Moore and Irving are the backups.    To be sure,  they'll come in to play some situational football, or to give the starters some rest.

But, unless a change is made,  it's Freeman and DQJ in the middle.

Sorry.

I know they are...is why i said "take over".  I would not be surprised after watching tape -not highlights-, that after a few games, they take over the starting roles similar to what Parry, Walden and Anderson done in preseason.  I think the only reason they are not the starters is because they have not had much time working in game situations and the coaches have not been able to evaluate them.

People are way overrating Taylor's legs. His numbers were good in college because, 1. He played in the ACC, 2. He pretty much always had a short field because his D generated a lot of turnovers 3. He wasn't very good when VT actually played a good team. Lots of tape or not, an NFL defense should be able to handle him.

I know they are...is why i said "take over".  I would not be surprised after watching tape -not highlights-, that after a few games, they take over the starting roles similar to what Parry, Walden and Anderson done in preseason.  I think the only reason they are not the starters is because they have not had much time working in game situations and the coaches have not been able to evaluate them.

Honestly,  I think the only way a back-up becomes a starter is if a starter gets hurt.

Otherwise, I expect our starters to be good enough to hold their jobs.

Just my view.    And I don't think it's a very popular view.....

I think people are worried that Tyrod will do what Pryor did against us a couple years back. No tape and an athletic kid.

As for the Bills D, I've read a lot of people saying "they made Rodgers look pedestrian last season. Luck will too." But that's a stretch. I honestly could see some growing pains now that they are implementing a new D under Rex Ryan. If it's true that they plan one blitzing a lot and running with one safety back in coverage, the NFLs BEST passer against the blitz will have his way.

Indy should be worried about Tyrod Taylor because Chuck Pagano and Greg Manusky say they should.

There isn't a lot of tape on Taylor.    But, Stanford played Virginia Tech in the 2011 Orange Bowl and Taylor is super quick,  jitter bug quick.     He'll remind you a bit of a very poor man's Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick.      And he's only gotten better.

There will be times tomorrow when we think the Colts have him pinned or are about to sack him and he'll somehow escape and we'll all scream!     Hopefully those times are kept to a minimum.

Clearly Indy has the far, far better QB in this game.    But that isn't the question.    The question is how good is Taylor,  and is he good enough to lead Buffalo to an upset.       No one knows the answer.     That has everyone on edge.

We'll know tomorrow.

Why be scared of Buffalo's defense? Luck shredded Seattle's defense. All I'm saying is that this is a horrible QB match up for Buffalo

Why be scared? Yes we all know what luck did to Seattle's defense but you might want to talk to Denver and Greenbay fans about what Buffalo's defense did to there QB's.

Edited by 21isSuperman

Why be scared? Yes we all know what luck did to Seattle's defense but you might want to talk to Denver and Greenbay fans about what Buffalo's defense did to there QB's.

Do you think the Colts will actually make the trip to buffalo given the awesomeness of the Bills defense?

well I notice a difference between this years line and years before vs mobile qb.. We had a line who had no penetration up the middle and our olbs would rush from the outside the qb would spring up the middle then on other plays we didn't contain the outside and sloppy tackling..major dif will be the push inside flushing mobile qbs to the edge thus hopefully helping our olbs get sacks ?

greenbay has the best qb in the league correct and two great wrs well 1 now...we have two good tight ends and good rb 1-2 great wrs 1-2 good backup wrs and arguably top5 qb in the league and this offense was more explosive than greenbay last year without these new additions and quote frankly buffalo has a new blitzing scheme yes it'll produce sacks but it has weaknesses being that you're secondary isn't the same as last year and can be a liability if no rush gets there rec Ryan defenses are only butt good as his secondary he has no ball hawk safety and only 1 good corner so just predict what's going to happen

Well, when other teams try to figure us out, they know people have success running on us, and that we are 16-2 in our division last 3 years, but only 17-13 outside the division.  Then they look at we beat the Bills in 2012 20-13 at home, and TY Hilton ran back a 75 yard punt return.  Now we have Rooks and new FA's all over our D.  They lead the NFL in sacks last year. 

So from a Bills fan standpoint, where's the fear from looking at things like the above come from?  Other teams fans don't know other teams as well as their own.  Many of us are guilty as well.

For myself, I'm a little worried about the weather involvement.  Rain, and winds between 10-20 mph.  Not good aerial attack weather.  More fitting for a ground and pound O, like Rex likes to run.

People are way overrating Taylor's legs. His numbers were good in college because, 1. He played in the ACC, 2. He pretty much always had a short field because his D generated a lot of turnovers 3. He wasn't very good when VT actually played a good team. Lots of tape or not, an NFL defense should be able to handle him.

Taylor does have a decent arm in addition to some scrabble ability, but you're right Corgi, if INDY's defense can contain the edges. I don't mind yards gained up the middle; I just hate long jailhouse runs to the outside. 

I remember Taylor in Baltimore. He doesn't get intimidated easily. 

We shouldn't. He sucks. You know unless he's drastically improved over the offseason which I'm sure he hasn't. Anyone saying that is just trying to build some hype for the game. I've said this over and over and over again. You can have the most talented, beastly roster in the NFL and be stacked at nearly every position, but if you don't have a QB then you ain't gonna be a good football team. Buffalo will win 5-6 games if even that. Gotta have a QB. Pryor did mess with us a bit a couple years ago, but I don't see it happening tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow. Cant wait.  I'm trying to decide who I'm gonna watch at 3. Prolly Baltimore and Denver.

Well, when other teams try to figure us out, they know people have success running on us, and that we are 16-2 in our division last 3 years, but only 17-13 outside the division.  Then they look at we beat the Bills in 2012 20-13 at home, and TY Hilton ran back a 75 yard punt return.  Now we have Rooks and new FA's all over our D.  They lead the NFL in sacks last year. 

So from a Bills fan standpoint, where's the fear from looking at things like the above come from?  Other teams fans don't know other teams as well as their own.  Many of us are guilty as well.

For myself, I'm a little worried about the weather involvement.  Rain, and winds between 10-20 mph.  Not good aerial attack weather.  More fitting for a ground and pound O, like Rex likes to run.

I actually like it for the very reasons you suggested CBFL. Wind gusts are something you can't simulate in practice & if rain does fall, this will be perfect Playoff weather. I welcome it. The nastier the better in my book. 

I'm not all that worried for INDY because we get to test our run defense & see how well we create running lanes in a game that finally matters. 

We shouldn't. He sucks. You know unless he's drastically improved over the offseason which I'm sure he hasn't. Anyone saying that is just trying to build some hype for the game. I've said this over and over and over again. You can have the most talented, beastly roster in the NFL and be stacked at nearly every position, but if you don't have a QB then you ain't gonna be a good football team. Buffalo will win 5-6 games if even that. Gotta have a QB. Pryor did mess with us a bit a couple years ago, but I don't see it happening tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow. Cant wait.  I'm trying to decide who I'm gonna watch at 3. Prolly Baltimore and Denver.

Buffalo didn't have a QB last year.

I believe they won 9 games.

This will be a good contest for Indy's elite O v/s Buffalo's elite D, but the deciding factor will come down to Buffalo's below average O v/s Indy's average D.

I think Vontae will be the difference. If Taylor is man enough to try him at least 5 times I predict a pick 6 for Mr. Davis.

I know Pagano is keen on Taylor's inexperience. Which is why I think he'll adequately shadow Taylor to diffuse the run. Considering Tyrod is under extreme pressure going in, there is no need to let him sit back and get comfortable so I think it's safe to assume Manusky will blitz frequently.

I recommend the Broncos & the Ravens too because I wanna see if  Denver's line with rookies on it can protect 18 & give him time to survey the field & pick that secondary apart like Manning typically does.  Good choice C449. 

I might peek in on the Bengals/Raiders game too because I like Derek Carr as well.