Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Amarlo Herrera Cut. Plus, Practice Squad Updates

TKnight24

What is the front office smoking? Cutting healthy useful guys and keeping injured ones on the roster? Why not cut Ballard and Price? I guarantee you if we cut Ballard there is zero chance of anyone picking him up. Let him rehab and pick him up later if the rehab works out.

They still need to make a cut with the signings of McGill and Myers. I'm certain it will be Ballard, Varga, or Price.

So happy about Carter. Hope Herrera can join him on the PS. Really disappointed about letting him go, he's been really impressive.

Herrara I want as well on the PS. He wasn't incredible in the preseason, but he proved he was good enough to play IMO. He can tackle and make plays, more than you can expect from a normal 6th rounder.

Also, OLB Daniel Adongo is headed back to the practice squad, source says. And to make room for McGill, I'm told Herrera will go

— Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen)

September 6, 2015

Also, OLB Daniel Adongo is headed back to the practice squad, source says. ...

Oh crap!  We just can't seem to end the "Dongo Experiment"...Dongo is like the undead, just keeps coming back.

OK thx.  I was thinking teams could sign players off P.S. rosters.  Or is there a specific date they have to wait for?

Nope. To put someone on the practice squad, they must be waived, giving other teams a small window of time to claim them on their own active 53-man roster.  No one claimed Duron, so he is on our practice squad unless we release him.

Just as soon as Old Andre gets hurt....which should not take very long.

The Colts were very fortunate to have Carter get thru waivers...I hope is attitude is good with this.

Lol you guys make it seem like Carter being cut was one of the worst decisions of all time. If he was 6'1" and his last name was Richards or something no one would have cared.

Just do me a favor and don't blame coaching when he doesn't become an all-pro player.

Nope. To put someone on the practice squad, they must be waived, giving other teams a small window of time to claim them on their own active 53-man roster.  No one claimed Duron, so he is on our practice squad unless we release him.

Thx for the clarification.  Glad he made it through.

A team can sign Carter at any time off of the practice squad if he chooses to accept the contract.

I believe the colts would get first rights to him though. If another team makes an inquiry about signing carter to their active roster, I'm pretty sure the colts would have the opportunity to sign him to their active roster if they want and if carter agrees.

I believe the colts would get first rights to him though. If another team makes an inquiry about signing carter to their active roster, I'm pretty sure the colts would have the opportunity to sign him to their active roster if they want and if carter agrees.

Yeah I think that's correct but if he gets offered a contract and the Colts aren't in a position to bring him to the 53, he's gone.

So much for everyone's belief that Carter was fought after by several teams and would be picked up right away. He has potential, but as of now that's it. As soon as he starts to show pro skills the Colts best bring him up, because then he WILL be claimed..