Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Is A Patriot...

Everyone

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will hate seeing Wayne in a Pats jersey, but Reggie wanted to play one more year & the Colts brass didn't give him the farewell season he deserved...

So it is what it is, cant really blame Reggie,

Very true,. He didn't WANT to leave......we decide to move on.

Hard to hope he does too well....but I would not bet against a 1,000-yard season,.

On a serious note here. Not "outraged" that Reggie is a Patriot. Surprised? Yes. However, I'm not so surprised that New England signed him. Sit back, and ask yourself a question. _Why_ did the Patriots sign him? You're going to get numerous and varying answers. To me, it's about making New England a better team from a status point of view. How does this help the Patriots & Wayne this season? ...

1. Brady to Wayne (if you understand football, nuff said)

2. Experience to New England wide outs (I don't care who you are)

3. Catapults Patriots to assure winning the AFC East more easily

4. It's an insurance card (as to what degree, we'll find out)

5. Intel (again, we'll find out)

6. Belichick's undaunting desire to win at all costs (plays into history more than most think)

7. Helps the entire team perspective of hoisting another VL

8. Wayne's desire to play for another year before retiring and achieving another ring

9. Robert Kraft aligning himself to detract from DeFlateGate (this was an intentional shot at the Colts while helping the franchise)

10. If Brady serves 4 games or less, what better way than to detract from #9 and help Garropolo with another great target

This is just my opinion. I'm sure many others have their own thoughts and reasoning. Would like to hear them in detail.

Not a big deal. One of my all time favorite Colts players so it hurts a bit, but even if he has a good year or two there it will never make up to the accomplishments he accomplished here during his career. He is still a Horseshoe guy no matter what IMO.

I don't think he, or anyone else cares about your respect level of him. The guy gave us everything he had for many seasons. Grow up, it's just a game

sometimes I wish there was an actual picture for each user on these internet forums, or at least more info on hand so we could really sense who we are communicating with.  A lot of the time I picture it being a teenager or even someone younger, and in that case it's ok and I get it, but I tend to have a hard time believing it's an adult saying some of the things I read.  And I don't mean that to disrespect anyone, because I think of myself first and foremost and how I've acted before when it comes to the Colts (ripped a jersey off my back, 2 years in a row, when we lost to the Chargers in the playoffs.. so I'm not trying to come off like a punk or think I'm better than anyone else).

But, I feel the same way... It's just a game.  I love football but as I get older and older it's just not that serious to me.  I'll make enough time every sunday to watch every game, and enough time everyday to check on the news for the day, and I loveeeeee football but, if things happen like: Reggie goes to the Patriots, if we don't improve our O-line, or never build a defense to get us over the hump.... Oh well.... I'm just happy to be able to watch football another season and I know that all these years as a Colts fan, I've had more good Sundays than bad ones, so I'll survive.

What up jvan, hope all is well buddy

Glad he's going to get a chance somewhere else.  I can't root for him to win one more ring, but I've got no hurt feelings or anything like that.  It's certainly not going to make me get rid of my Reggie Wayne jersey like some have claimed.  He'll always be a Colt in my mind.  I wish him the best.

Your reaction is an outrage, Reggie gave everything to the Colts and the fans. He doesn't owe you or anyone anything

Besides trying to be selfish with that injury a year ago last year he hurt our offense he didn't help it there are plenty of teams out there with a superbowl chance he he chose the team we hate the most he has lost my respect I don't give anyone a well wish that plays for a cheater.

Besides trying to be selfish with that injury a year ago last year he hurt our offense he didn't help it there are plenty of teams out there with a superbowl chance he he chose the team we hate the most he has lost my respect I don't give anyone a well wish that plays for a cheater.

Wow, selfish with that injury? Last time I checked the coaches decides who plays. He was put on the field injured and did his best while out there.

sometimes I wish there was an actual picture for each user on these internet forums, or at least more info on hand so we could really sense who we are communicating with.  A lot of the time I picture it being a teenager or even someone younger, and in that case it's ok and I get it, but I tend to have a hard time believing it's an adult saying some of the things I read.  And I don't mean that to disrespect anyone, because I think of myself first and foremost and how I've acted before when it comes to the Colts (ripped a jersey off my back, 2 years in a row, when we lost to the Chargers in the playoffs.. so I'm not trying to come off like a punk or think I'm better than anyone else).

But, I feel the same way... It's just a game.  I love football but as I get older and older it's just not that serious to me.  I'll make enough time every sunday to watch every game, and enough time everyday to check on the news for the day, and I loveeeeee football but, if things happen like: Reggie goes to the Patriots, if we don't improve our O-line, or never build a defense to get us over the hump.... Oh well.... I'm just happy to be able to watch football another season and I know that

But, I feel the same way... It's just a game.  I love football but as I get older and older it's just not that serious to me.  I'll make enough time every sunday to watch every game, and enough time everyday to check on the news for the day, and I loveeeeee football but, if things happen like: Reggie goes to the Patriots, if we don't improve our O-line, or never build a defense to get us over the hump.... Oh well.... I'm just happy to be able to watch football another season and I know that all these years as a Colts fan, I've had more good Sundays than bad ones, so I'll survive.

What up jvan, hope all is well buddy

The heck with him dude he wants to play for the biggest cheater in the NFL then that is his problem but im not gonna wish him good luck for it.

Wow, selfish with that injury? Last time I checked the coaches decides who plays. He was put on the field injured and did his best while out there.

Actually he has the choice to decide he is too injured to play has nothing to do with the coaches. But I will say this im not sold on Pagano  as a head coach if we continue to get outplayed all the time then that is not exactly the players fault that goes on the coaching staff everytime.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 24, 2015 - baiting
Hidden by Nadine, August 24, 2015 - baiting

So much for him being classy... was my favorite colt of all time...  Sorry Reggie, but you don't hold that title anymore.  You could have chosen 30 other teams and I'd been cool with it, even a division team but not the cheaters over in foxboro. bye reggie.

What an absolute joke of a post.  

Meh give it a week everyone will calm down and come to their senses, Dude was told he was not going to be retained. He had almost 800 yards with one good arm and missing 1 game.....If he is healthy he clearly has something left in him...likely another 1000 yards, All the Patriots did was capitalize on that. I wish him the best, He did a whole lot for the Colts organization including that first year making Luck look better then he was at that time with some circus like catches. He put everything he had into the organization for 14 seasons

PEOPLE!

This was all an elaborate plan by the Colts to get a man inside the Patriots locker room! Reggie will be sending over the playbook, the signals, the game plans, etc.

I'm sorry, I can't read this. Can you maybe make the font larger?

Edit: this response made sense before his comment was mod edited.

Thank you I just think its a slap in the face we don't bring him back because he is up there in age but then he goes to our biggest rival that is very disappointing.

Reggie is acting like a scorned ex-girlfriend signing with Patriots.

Edited by Nadine

Thank you I just think its a slap in the face we don't bring him back because he is up there in age but then he goes to our biggest rival that is very disappointing.

I understand you feel like its a betrayal and I respect that but from Waynes point of view he obviously didn't have the option of choosing any team he wanted.  Given how far into the season it is he had to sign somewhere soon enough to get practice and get comfortable with a playbook. 

I understand you feel like its a betrayal and I respect that but from Waynes point of view he obviously didn't have the option of choosing any team he wanted.  Given how far into the season it is he had to sign somewhere soon enough to get practice and get comfortable with a playbook. 

It sucks but I guess it is what it is but he will see why coming back another year is a mistake.

It sucks but I guess it is what it is but he will see why coming back another year is a mistake.

Or come week 6 he will be lined up vs Greg Toler as the #2 WR or in the slot vs Darius Butler or who knows who and he will show that he should have been retained by running circles around them.......Two sides to every coin