Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Evan Silva better be joking

TKnight24

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he calls you have to listen.  Moncrief is far from "untouchable" but I really don't think they could get a good enough return on him.  They aren't getting a 1st round pick and probably not a 2nd.

I agree that if they call Grigson should absolutely listen to any and all offers. That doesn't mean his has to accept the offer, but he should at least listen to them. However, he would be foolish to accept anything lower than a second round pick and I would hope he could get more.

I agree that if they call Grigson should absolutely listen to any and all offers. That doesn't mean his has to accept the offer, but he should at least listen to them. However, he would be foolish to accept anything lower than a second round pick and I would hope he could get more.

Moncrief simply has not produced enough to draw a 2nd round pick, even from a desperate team like Carolina. As is usually the case, a young potential player is more valuable to the team that drafted him than anyone else.

I would do this trade all day and every day

Their NT would be the needed cog to win a SB

Their star LB is great, but would look subpar with Chapman getting ran over.

For a 3-4 to work the FIRST thing you need is a stud NT............ we have a STUB NT......... one letter off :)

I think Keuchly would look good behind even Peyton F'ing Manning at Nose Tackle. The guy can cover, is the surest tackler in the league, has a nonstop and is the most instinctual defender in the NFL today. He is always where the ball is.

I love Lotulelei though. He was my most wanted player in 2014. Was really hoping the heart defect would allow him to slip down to 24.

Moncrief simply has not produced enough to draw a 2nd round pick, even from a desperate team like Carolina. As is usually the case, a young potential player is more valuable to the team that drafted him than anyone else.

You may be right, I would not be happy if I was a Carolina fan and they trade a first or high second for Moncrief. However, I would not be happy if the Colts got anything less.

Also, there is always the exception, see the Trent Richardson trade. :(.

Case in point.

So the guys that are competing against him have incredible respect for the guy, and rate him very highly.

But you...you, who watches football sometimes, thinks all those players praising his abilities are wrong.

The question is, who's opinion carries more weight? The professional players or the guy who watches football sometimes.

You are "so overrated".

Your really not making your case

He won DPOY in 2013. I could name at least 10 players who deserved it more than him. Hell, he wasn't even the best defensive player on his own team.

Same could be said for 2012 DROY award. He won it on hype, there were more deserving players.

Funny thing is 2014 was his best year, yet, now the media hype for him has died down.

So the guys that are competing against him have incredible respect for the guy, and rate him very highly.

But you...you, who watches football sometimes, thinks all those players praising his abilities are wrong.

The question is, who's opinion carries more weight? The professional players or the guy who watches football sometimes.

You are "so overrated".

lmao, those same guys had Vontae Davis in the 50s, Patrick Peterson ~18 and Chris Harris Jr. unranked. They're just as susceptible to hype as anyone else. Hell, likely more than half the players doing the rankings didn't even play vs the players they were ranking.

He won DPOY in 2013. I could name at least 10 players who deserved it more than him. Hell, he wasn't even the best defensive player on his own team.

Same could be said for 2012 DROY award. He won it on hype, there were more deserving players.

Funny thing is 2014 was his best year yet now the media hype for him has died down.

Now all this I agree with, A case well made

I think Keuchly would look good behind even Peyton F'ing Manning at Nose Tackle. The guy can cover, is the surest tackler in the league, has a nonstop and is the most instinctual defender in the NFL today. He is always where the ball is.

I love Lotulelei though. He was my most wanted player in 2014. Was really hoping the heart defect would allow him to slip down to 24.

The guy IS awesome ......... and he would improve our defense.... no question

BUT

Looking at OUR team, THEIR NT would probably have a bigger impact to make our 3-4 work

Even Ray Ray of the Ravens had off years when they had injuries to their NT 

they wont trade kuechly for a WR. 

id offer moncrief for a second, and carter for a 4th.  any less than that for carter is giving him away.  4th round picks arnt worth much, trade value wise.  according to the chart two forth round picks are not even enough to move up to the top of the third.

i think our guys might be too expensive for them

Everyone outside of Luck and Davis are tradeable. They would probably want Moncrief and I would say it would take a 2nd rd pick to get him....then it would probably turn to Carter and I would say it would take like a 5th....and they would probably walk away. Thats how I would sell it and I know its probably too much to ask but I see no reason to let them walk without getting more in return.

Thats sarcasm right?

The Colts didn't draft Dorsett only because they thought T.Y. Was going to leave after this season. haha Why would you not want to keep both!? It's completely and easily possible. Just because they have similar playing styles doesn't mean you get rid of one.

I'm just a bigger fan of bigger taller WRs then short fast ones if we are gonna trade them a WR I'd rather it be Dorsette not sarcasm at all

Luechly is a legit superstar, probably the best ILB in the game today. He's worth a lot more than a first rounder. A first rounder and a WR that will fall somewhere in the 3-5 range on our depth chart, who could be considered expendable...that's a darn right steal. Kuechly is still young and would transform our defense while allowing the Colts to move on from Freeman or Jackson in the off-season.

I'd take that trade in a heart beat.

The Lotuleilei trade I'm less sure about, but he's also a very young player who would be a significant improvement over Josh Chapman and the other guys in the middle of our DL.

Chapman's contract runs out after this season, and I see no reason to resign him if we brought Lotuleilei into the fold.

I'm not as high on Moncrief as others here are...but he is expendable. We got TY, Andre, Dorsett and Carter, along wit. Fleener, Allen, Doyle, Whalen and Brown. We have ample targets in the passing game, with or without Moncrief. Kuechly and Lotuleilei are ascending players, guys that fill positions of need, and guys Carolina would never consider trading unless under desperate circumstances. If they are that desperate, take advantage of it.

Had Moncrief had as many snaps as half of the Rookie WR's taken in the 1st round he would have put up similar if not better numbers. How can you say he's expendable without him having a true opportunity to prove his worth? Dorsett is unproven do you consider him expendable as well? and im guessing you didn't factor in how Luke Kuechly's contract would effect the Cap situation in Indy, especially giving the fact that we are trying to lock Castonzo and eventually Luck Long term. Simply makes no sense. 

For some perspective; the Bears traded Brandon Marshall and 7th to the Jets for a 5th this past off season.

It was clear that Chicago wanted Marshall out, and were willing to except the best possible deal for an aging player with a known reputation for being a trouble maker.

Anyhow, I would only trade Moncrief (or any other WR on the team) if we got an established player in return that helps us win NOW. I wouldn't trade him for a 3rd in 2016, or a 2nd or even a 1st. We need all hands on deck this year, and worry about next year when it gets here.

Had Moncrief had as many snaps as half of the Rookie WR's taken in the 1st round he would have put up similar if not better numbers. How can you say he's expendable without him having a true opportunity to prove his worth? Dorsett is unproven do you consider him expendable as well? and im guessing you didn't factor in how Luke Kuechly's contract would effect the Cap situation in Indy, especially giving the fact that we are trying to lock Castonzo and eventually Luck Long term. Simply makes no sense.

He's expendable because it appears we have 5 starting calibur WRs and a few decent back end guys. If we are trading for Kuechly, then yes, I'd say Dorsett is expendable too.

Gore, Andre, Toler, Dqwell, Thomas and Freeman (among others) will all likely free agents in the next two years. This year Kuechly is still on his rookie year, and 2016 is his option year.

Not saying this trade is going to happen, but there would be more than enough time to work out the long term extension, and more than enough cap space to get it done.

I did factor his contract situation into this, and it would be very favorable for the Colts.

I dont understand why people think this is such a crazy idea. If we could get a good defensive player for him, that would be amazing. We obviously have way too many good WRs. How much is Moncrief even going to play? Why not get something useful for him? We could potentially strengthen up our sorry defense and be down a 3rd or 4th string WR. What is wrong with that? Its not like we need to be stacked at WR, Luck can make almost anyone good. We should not repeat the mistakes we made in the past with putting no money on defense and spending it all on offense.

EDIT: Heck, Id trade them T.Y. for Kuechly if they would take it. In a second! 

Now all this I agree with, A case well made

Actually,  it was pretty poorly made.   Lots of opinion.

Fire breathing opinion,  but still lots of opinion.

And Carolina is about to make him the highest paid ILB in football.    And no one is going to bat an eye.....

I would do this trade all day and every day

Their NT would be the needed cog to win a SB

Their star LB is great, but would look subpar with Chapman getting ran over.

For a 3-4 to work the FIRST thing you need is a stud NT............ we have a STUB NT.........  one letter off  :)

Who was the stud NT in Baltimore? Who was the stud NT in SF the last few yrs?

Everyone outside of Luck and Davis are tradeable. They would probably want Moncrief and I would say it would take a 2nd rd pick to get him....then it would probably turn to Carter and I would say it would take like a 5th....and they would probably walk away. Thats how I would sell it and I know its probably too much to ask but I see no reason to let them walk without getting more in return.

Castonzo isn't really tradeable.