Evan Silva better be joking

TKnight24

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the hell wants Oher?

I'll go with Andrew Luck's orthopedic surgeon for $1000

What bout Dorsett for Michael Oher and a 2nd rounder?

Oher can slide in and nicely play RT...just not LT.

I'm going to go with C.) Oher can't play either very well. Just a household name at this point.. He's done

Actually,  it was pretty poorly made.   Lots of opinion.

Fire breathing opinion,  but still lots of opinion.

And Carolina is about to make him the highest paid ILB in football.    And no one is going to bat an eye.....

He is a great ILB but the year he won DPOY there was more deserving players

in 2013 though I don't know if I could name 10:

1.Lavonte David (More solo tackles, More sacks, More ints. More forced fumbles, More tackles for loss)

2.Navorro Bowman (More solo tackles, More sacks. More forced fumbles, Only 2 less TFL's)

3.Karlos Dansby (More solo tackles, tied him for TFL's, More passes defensed, tied with ints. More total plays on the ball)

4.Robert Mathis (Led the league in sacks 19.5, Led the league in forced fumbled:8)

5.Robert Quinn(19 sacks, 7 forced fumbles, 1 TD,)

6.Paul Posluszny (122 solo tackles, 3 sacks, 9 passes defensed, 2 ints, 1 forced fumble, 1 defensive td.....)

All had a better year in most significant defensive categories compared to Keuchly

Jay Cutler is the highest paid QB in football in terms of total contract....Before you say Cutler and Kuechly re totally separate talents and one is more talented at his position then the other is at his position....I know that but that don't mean he was the most deserving of the award, That just means he is a great player who the Panthers value a lot, Plus it could be argued Greg Hardy was more deserving (and I really really don't like the guy for what its worth but I will give the man his do that year)

Actually,  it was pretty poorly made.   Lots of opinion.

Fire breathing opinion,  but still lots of opinion.

And Carolina is about to make him the highest paid ILB in football.    And no one is going to bat an eye.....

Obviously it's my opinion. I thought that went without saying.

I'll go with Andrew Luck's orthopedic surgeon for $1000

I'm going to go with C.) Oher can't play either very well. Just a household name at this point.. He's done

Andrew Luck's orthopedic surgeon is a poor talent evaluator

He is a great ILB but the year he won DPOY there was more deserving players

in 2013 though I don't know if I could name 10:

1.Lavonte David (More solo tackles, More sacks, More ints. More forced fumbles, More tackles for loss)

2.Navorro Bowman (More solo tackles, More sacks. More forced fumbles, Only 2 less TFL's)

3.Karlos Dansby (More solo tackles, tied him for TFL's, More passes defensed, tied with ints. More total plays on the ball)

4.Robert Mathis (Led the league in sacks 19.5, Led the league in forced fumbled:8)

5.Robert Quinn(19 sacks, 7 forced fumbles, 1 TD,)

6.Paul Posluszny (122 solo tackles, 3 sacks, 9 passes defensed, 2 ints, 1 forced fumble, 1 defensive td.....)

All had a better year in most significant defensive categories compared to Keuchly

Jay Cutler is the highest paid QB in football in terms of total contract....Before you say Cutler and Kuechly re totally separate talents and one is more talented at his position then the other is at his position....I know that but that don't mean he was the most deserving of the award, That just means he is a great player who the Panthers value a lot, Plus it could be argued Greg Hardy was more deserving (and I really really don't like the guy for what its worth but I will give the man his do that year)

JJ Watt - he should have won it. Kuechly's teammate Greg Hardy (maybe even Thomas Davis, underrated. Probably a stretch). Richard Sherman (8 picks, 36 QBR thrown at him). Stephen Tulloch had an excellent season. Gerald McCoy and Jerrell Casey, both on crap teams but had excellent seasons, 10 and 11 sacks respectively from DT positions with little help surrounding them (especially McCoy).

It would seem like a desperation move, a move that would supplant his intention of getting Dorsett to ADD to our receiving core. (i realize best player available, blah blah).  I don't think this was his grand plan (develop a receiver to the point of Moncrief, then dump him off for draft picks), rotating unproven rookies into the mix.  We're better off keeping the receiver off the hook and not taking calls/offers---no pun intended.

Castonzo isn't really tradeable.

Your right. You can't really upgrade much from him....but there are only a couple players on the team not tradeable...we don't have a ton of stars on this team...but I agree Anthony would be very difficult to replace.

It would seem like a desperation move, a move that would supplant his intention of getting Dorsett to ADD to our receiving core. (i realize best player available, blah blah).  I don't think this was his grand plan (develop a receiver to the point of Moncrief, then dump him off for draft picks), rotating unproven rookies into the mix.  We're better off keeping the receiver off the hook and not taking calls/offers---no pun intended.

I'm not quick to move people and agree that we aren't likely taking calls to move any of these guys...but if it was to upgrade a position of weakness for us with a high caliber player or great value in a draft pick I think you listen. I don't think we are looking at future picks so much as probably players that can help us now. We are in a unique position to play for a championship I doubt he is interested in getting picks while making us weaker today. However if we thought we could move moncrief and maybe a pick or something for a high caliber starter at another position say on defense or OL...I think he would do it. Nobody is going to call offering all that (this isn't draft day) but we would be opening to making us better.

Carter I think is project. Still very raw and not likely to contribute much at all this year and maybe a little down the road. He I would think we might move for a pick. The only thing is he doesn't have much value yet so it would be a very late pick and he likely might have more upside then a very late rd pick to us.

I'm not quick to move people and agree that we aren't likely taking calls to move any of these guys...but if it was to upgrade a position of weakness for us with a high caliber player or great value in a draft pick I think you listen. I don't think we are looking at future picks so much as probably players that can help us now. We are in a unique position to play for a championship I doubt he is interested in getting picks while making us weaker today. However if we thought we could move moncrief and maybe a pick or something for a high caliber starter at another position say on defense or OL...I think he would do it. Nobody is going to call offering all that (this isn't draft day) but we would be opening to making us better.

Carter I think is project. Still very raw and not likely to contribute much at all this year and maybe a little down the road. He I would think we might move for a pick. The only thing is he doesn't have much value yet so it would be a very late pick and he likely might have more upside then a very late rd pick to us.

This I agree with. Nothing wrong with fielding calls, if we get a deal that helps our team NOW, by all means, except it. But I don't want and don't expect management to accept a deal that gives up players for future assets (Benjamin, draft picks).

If we have an opportunity to swap Moncrief for an established, young high impact defender, that makes our team better this year. We need a high impact defender more than we need to retain Moncrief at this point.

This I agree with. Nothing wrong with fielding calls, if we get a deal that helps our team NOW, by all means, except it. But I don't want and don't expect management to accept a deal that gives up players for future assets (Benjamin, draft picks).

If we have an opportunity to swap Moncrief for an established, young high impact defender, that makes our team better this year. We need a high impact defender more than we need to retain Moncrief at this point.

I was very excited to see Carter in action against Philadelphia.

After watching him, I came away with a "meh" taste in my mouth.  He just looked "average" out there, from both a physical and skills perspective.  NFL talent is a cut above CFL talent, clearly. 

He had a chance at a 50-50 ball and should've come down with it, but didn't. 

Highlight: 16-yard catch.

Lowlight: Drop.

Still early though.  Hope Carter can become a solid contributor. 

The throws Hasselbeck and Bennet were making were just awful. Carter didn't really get much of a chance to shine. I think it'll be different story all together when he has Luck throwing him the ball.

The throws Hasselbeck and Bennet were making were just awful. Carter didn't really get much of a chance to shine. I think it'll be different story all together when he has Luck throwing him the ball.

Regardless, he wasn't getting much separation at all, from what I could see. Plus, what about the ball that him right between the numbers? Was that Bennett's fault?

agree with your post with one exception, i think carter will help us this year and be a contributor.  if he doesn't play much, chris carter will take grigson off his christmas card list.

Not going to keep everyone. You know TY and AJ are set. Add to that the first round pick and you can see those number closing fast. The Redskins were desperate for a TE, we should have dangled Fleener at them and seen if we could pick up a 3ed or 4th rounder.

maybe but in order to get a shot with Luck he has to play better then he has where he is playing now. I see him very rarely get open and then when he did and had a pass come his way he dropped it. He has been extremely disappointing to me based on what I have seen of him in game action.

Not going to keep everyone. You know TY and AJ are set. Add to that the first round pick and you can see those number closing fast. The Redskins were desperate for a TE, we should have dangled Fleener at them and seen if we could pick up a 3ed or 4th rounder.

Fleener is the Colts number one tightened right now and their second leading pass catcher two years running. He's not getting traded. I know fans here seem to prefer Allen to Fleener but I think the Colts view it differently.

If he trades Moncrief.. I'd flip.

he won't Moncrif looks to be our number three WR right now and as we saw when Dorrsett whet down tonight (thankfully for something that looks minor) it just takes one hit for you to go from being deep at a position to not having enough players at it.

• 2 weeks later...

We have options that many teams don't. The Browns are desperate for WR help and they seem to be over flowing with OL men. We could make a swap for a quality player with them. We need safety help, we don't have depth any place else to trade, if we're thinking trade it's with a WR or one of our TE's..

Fleener is a big WR in this offense

His blocking is suspect

Allen is less of a reciever, but he can block

The reality is............ with the possible exception of Luck

EVERYONE has a trade price.

Carter MAY be worth a 7th (Probably not)

Fleener is probably worth a 3rd

Fleener is a big WR in this offense

His blocking is suspect

Allen is less of a reciever, but he can block

The reality is............ with the possible exception of Luck

EVERYONE has a trade price.

Carter MAY be worth a 7th (Probably not)

Fleener is probably worth a 3rd

Not In a year where they have pretty much said they are going all in for a Super Bowl. Then trading away a player like Fleener who will be a big part of that to stock pile draft picks makes no sense. If you can get something for Carter that's a little different because he's at the end of your roster(if he makes the team) and you are already extremely deep there.

I'd trade Moncrief for a late 1st or 2nd round pick in a heartbeat.  We picked him late 3rd round and we developed him well.  We just picked a 1st round WR and we just signed our #1 WR to an extension.  If that 2nd round pick is used to sign or trade for any top level defensive help next year it will be well worth it.

Carolina has no one on their current roster (that they'd be willing to trade) that will help us out this year.  So it's pick or bust.

I feel like Griff / Vincent are both expendable for a late draft pick or a player in a diff position w/ high upside, due to both having a high probability of getting cut.

Moncrief would be a hard sale even for a 1st rounder to me.  Moncrief has size, speed, and can block as a WR (has the prototypical combo for a #1 WR).  He is 22yrs old and only getting better.  1 injury to TY or Andre and he is a starter again, like last year.   I'd rather just keep him and be deep at the WR position.

Not In a year where they have pretty much said they are going all in for a Super Bowl. Then trading away a player like Fleener who will be a big part of that to stock pile draft picks makes no sense. If you can get something for Carter that's a little different because he's at the end of your roster(if he makes the team) and you are already extremely deep there.

After seeing the Vikings give away 75 players to the Cowboys for H. Walker...... any trade is possible

You wouldnt do the trade if we could get a stud pro bowl NT as part of the package (We would have to also give up some picks?

I would..... and it would help this year

I feel like Griff / Vincent are both expendable for a late draft pick or a player in a diff position w/ high upside, due to both having a high probability of getting cut.

Moncrief would be a hard sale even for a 1st rounder to me.  Moncrief has size, speed, and can block as a WR (has the prototypical combo for a #1 WR).  He is 22yrs old and only getting better.  1 injury to TY or Andre and he is a starter again, like last year.   I'd rather just keep him and be deep at the WR position.

The problem is.... Griff doesnt warrant a trade for a draft pick........  People like Griff, are all over the place......

Moncrief has to show more to be trade bait...... He might be worth a 3rd or 4th

The problem is.... Griff doesnt warrant a trade for a draft pick........  People like Griff, are all over the place......

Moncrief has to show more to be trade bait...... He might be worth a 3rd or 4th

I would not trade Moncrief for the round that we got him in, nor one later. He has shown too much promise for that especially as someone who is 22yrs old and only 1 pro season in.