Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deflategate merge -- pending appeal results

Bad Morty

Whats the difference how Lane and Avril were hurt ? Fact remains that the Seattle defense was not at anywhere near full strength when Brady shredded them. To say that it was and dance around is silly. Brady was great in those last two drives

Never said they were at full strength just questioning how much it effected the fourth quarter. They were def. gassed from Brady dropping back 50 times but that really was the beauty of the game plan. It was amazing to me to watch all those passes and all the chances the Seattle secondary had to lay the wood but they never got there. I have always thought that Josh McDaniel has not gotten anywhere near the credit he deserves for that game plan. It was right up there with what Crennel did to the Rams in the '01 SB.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you were reasonable in your post. But I'm not sure what he should have or could have done differently. I do think he's guilty to some degree but I don't know what he actually instructed them to do with the balls.

This is what I find odd. I've heard some NE fans in the past say that ESPN & NFL Network are biased toward the Patriots & they just can't get a fair shake on those 2 primary football networks. Trey Wingo on NFL Live praises NE all the time & so does Tedy Bruschi & on NFL Network Shawn O'hara, Willie McGinest, & Heath Evans all sing Bill's praises every chance they get. It's fine by me Bill's 1 hades of a coach, but don't act like both ESPN & NFL Network hate Foxboro's guts. That's not aware close to reality & anybody who watches "NFL Live" & "Total Access" regularly knows this. 

Also, Tom Brady is an iconic celebrity & HOF QB. You can't tell me that Tommy can reshape his own narrative & set the story straight. He's not a rookie here & this isn't his 1st media rodeo okay. He's wicked smart, but that 1st press conference made him look aloof & incompetent as hades. You take command & charge of this press conference because Bill's reputation isn't on the line Brady's is. Who gives a crap what Mort said? If I'm Tommy, I lay it all out here's what I know. What do you wanna know media? Darn, I just can't get past that crazy caboose cheater line. Why flush some many accomplishments down the line when you can't say definitively no I'm not a cheater? I don't think so? I don't give a hoot what Kraft or Belichick told Brady. We're clearing this mess up right now. Unless of course, Brady knows exactly what went down & is playing dumb hoping no reporter will follow up on it. Brady knows something & he's hoping this deflate gate issue will be consumed with air pressure readings as opposed to whether or not he told 2 equipment guys to release air out of the game balls. 

The lie isn't the worst thing, but the perpetuation of the lie speaks volumes about what matters more to Brady a 4th Championship vs his good name. Did depleted air win NE a SB? No, it didn't. If that's the case, why continue this endless rampage about gauges? It's petty & childish to me. 

You claimed that it's only New Englanders defending the Patriots.

It's clear that major newspapers OUTSIDE of New England are backing up the Patriots, newspapers that typically enjoy bashing them.

Not a difficult point.

And the point that continually eludes your grasp is this:

There is no definitive proof.

Not only that, but the scientific community backs NE. Exponent's "evidence" has been torn apart by several sources.

Walt Anderson himself said that he used the Logo gauge. That put the Patriots' balls within the Ideal Gas Laws.

All this fuss over a 4 game suspension that never would have materialized at all had Brady fully cooperated. Is Tom Brady having his house, cars, & salary taken over by the IRS VL? This "witch hunt" of yours is very amusing. 

"Not a difficult point." While I do appreciate your further detail & clarification here, DW49, Shane, & yours truly were confused about your initial geography post so I guess that makes us Larry, Moe, & Curly then. "They may call me the village i-d-i-o-t but at least everybody knows our names. " That's okay, you can laugh at us. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. 

You can argue gas law until the cows come home VL, but all the newspaper articles in the world favoring NE's POV will have no bearing on Brady's suspension in the end so all your posturing won't amount to a hill of beans. This is between Tommy & Roger that's it. 

I believe that Brady's believes he is 1000 percent innocent and is itching to get this thing into court. The report accusing him has already proven to be a falsehood by many sources.

Then why hasn't he said he was innocent in the many press conferences he has been a part of since?

I believe that Brady's believes he is 1000 percent innocent and is itching to get this thing into court. The report accusing him has already proven to be a falsehood by many sources.

The report has not been proven to be a falsehood by a single source.    Not one.

The only thing that has been demonstrated,  is that there are other scientific possibilities....   but even that doesn't disprove anything.     I'm glad you didn't chose the Law as your career.     Because you keep using the wrong words to try to prove your point.

The fact that you keep spreading this lie here nearly 6 months after the fact speaks more to your personal issues than anything else......

VL's primary problem in my case is that my issue is with Tom Brady & that initial press conference. The 1 where he has no idea what happened, what PSI even meant, & he's still in the dark if he thinks he's a cheater or not.

Therefore, VL can't bring up air pressure, when the balls were checked, & a failure to write down numbers to me because that's not my thesis & it ticks him off that he can't use the usual ammunition on me. So, he mocks how much value I place on 1 press conference. Here's the problem though: Brady's been playing ball on a professional level for over 10 years, gripping footballs is his livelihood you can't tell me he would just allow 2 ball boys to manipulate his footballs without his consent & I can't believe it doesn't secretly bother NE fans that Brady is so flippant & eh so what about being accused of cheating. Lastly, Brady could fix this whole situation right now & he chooses not too why is that? He's bidding his time. For what? He's not on trail for murder or twittling his thumbs waiting for a Presidential pardon. It's a 4 game suspension that's it. Is NE going to unravel if Brady misses 4 little games? Hades no. What happened next man up, the Patriot Way, & no 1 player is more important to the team? Silence eh, that's what I thought VL.

VL this is for you: The absence of proof is not the equivalent of innocence.

*yawn*

https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/culture-beaker/deflategate-favored-foul-play-over-science

Sad that all you have is a press conference. Yep, reading body language is a way to convict someone .

of course it won't have a long term impact.

If so, Aaron Rodgers is screwed , since he has admitted to cheating.

just throwing it out there......   as far as Aaron goes, I appreciate his honesty.    I respect honest people. 

And also, I know you are smart enough to know the difference here. 

Rodgers didn't have anyone tamper with the footballs AFTER they were inspected.  

*yawn*https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/culture-beaker/deflategate-favored-foul-play-over-science

Sad that all you have is a press conference. Yep, reading body language is a way to convict someone .

*yawn* another article by a Boston resident who claims not to be slanted.

I did enjoy the comments below the article though, specifically this one.....

Are the pats great? yes but just like Barry Bonds was a great hitter and Lance Armstrong was a great biker but are tainted so now are the pats.

Great win by NE but to say "LOL "that the defense was not "banged up " is ridiculous. Both safeties were indeed hurt Chancellor very badly. They lost their nickel CB (Lane ) in the first quarter. They were also getting a decent pass rush on Brady until their best pass pass rusher Avril left the game with a concussion. 

How many Superbowl teams AREN'T banged up? That's part of the game...attrition. It's the 19th or 20th game of the year for these teams, not including pre-season. I'm guessing if we played the "how banged up were they?" game, the Pats would have had their 4th SB long long ago. I'd love to have seen a healthy Gronk in the last Giants SB, for example.

no he hasn't. over inflating before the inspection isn't against any rule. Deflating after inspection is

eh...this stuff all fades away. I've read a handful of complimentary articles already this season about A-Rod...nobody is more "tainted' than that guy, but he's having a "comeback" year and the media is starting to turn...it's just the nature of things.

eh...this stuff all fades away. I've read a handful of complimentary articles already this season about A-Rod...nobody is more "tainted' than that guy, but he's having a "comeback" year and the media is starting to turn...it's just the nature of things.

arod will never be in the HOF

arod will never be in the HOF

probably not. But A-Rod is 50 times more tainted than any other athlete around, and even he is starting to get positive PR. Here's reality - Brady is going to play out whatever is left of his career...maybe he'll win another one, maybe not. But at some point he'll retire, he'll get a good PR firm, he'll do the interview circuit...and the fickle media will respond favorably to having access...and the spin will be positive. Brady isn't going to be denied the HOF for this. I know you like to think that if you aren't a fan, but deep down you know this is going to blow over and he'll be in...he's a lock.

probably not. But A-Rod is 50 times more tainted than any other athlete around, and even he is starting to get positive PR. Here's reality - Brady is going to play out whatever is left of his career...maybe he'll win another one, maybe not. But at some point he'll retire, he'll get a good PR firm, he'll do the interview circuit...and the fickle media will respond favorably to having access...and the spin will be positive. Brady isn't going to be denied the HOF for this. I know you like to think that if you aren't a fan, but deep down you know this is going to blow over and he'll be in...he's a lock.

Oh, I know he will get in the hall, but this will always be a part of any biography written about him and the pats

How many Superbowl teams AREN'T banged up? That's part of the game...attrition. It's the 19th or 20th game of the year for these teams, not including pre-season. I'm guessing if we played the "how banged up were they?" game, the Pats would have had their 4th SB long long ago. I'd love to have seen a healthy Gronk in the last Giants SB, for example.

Some are some aren't 

Then why hasn't he said he was innocent in the many press conferences he has been a part of since?

?? What press conferences? He held the one in Jan after the conf title game said he was innocent. Then he won the SB and the post game conferences were about the game. He is obviously not saying anything now given the legal proceedings which also indicate that he feels he is innocent as he would not be appealing and potentially going to court.

?? What press conferences? He held the one in Jan after the conf title game said he was innocent. Then he won the SB and the post game conferences were about the game. He is obviously not saying anything now given the legal proceedings which also indicate that he feels he is innocent as he would not be appealing and potentially going to court.

No he didn't say he was innocent. When asked if he was a cheater he said ,"I don't believe so"

No he didn't say he was innocent. When asked if he was a Chester he said ,"I don't believe so"

There was more to the conference than that but he claimed innocence and of course then we learned that Mort's report was completely false so here we are with the appeal pending ... but the guy has never wavered on his stance since this surfaced.

Oh, I know he will get in the hall, but this will always be a part of any biography written about him and the pats

Yeah, I think they all can live with that as the lead will always be the winning and historical achievements which they are still in the midst of setting as he and Bill are not done yet.

just throwing it out there......   as far as Aaron goes, I appreciate his honesty.    I respect honest people. 

And also, I know you are smart enough to know the difference here. 

Rodgers didn't have anyone tamper with the footballs AFTER they were inspected.  

The intent on Rodgers was to sneak them past though in an effort to play with illegal footballs so in that respect same as Brady. The competitive advantage gained is the same and that is really what we are discussing here, right? The competitive advantage? Rogers likes them at 14, Brady lower. So again intent to cheat is the same just going about different ways if indeed the Pats even did tamper with those balls.

That is fine but we don't know yet if Brady has been dishonest. We should find that in the next few weeks ...

haha  whatever.  You have stated on numerous times you thought he was guilty.  

I'm getting off this merry-go-round.

haha  whatever.  You have stated on numerous times you thought he was guilty.  

I'm getting off this merry-go-round.

I thought he was back in Jan until we found out that the Mort report was completely false. If the balls don't show tampering which right now that is up for big debate than it calls into question the cheating and lying. Like I said, we will find out more in the coming weeks ...

The intent on Rodgers was to sneak them past though in an effort to play with illegal footballs so in that respect same as Brady. The competitive advantage gained is the same and that is really what we are discussing here, right? The competitive advantage? Rogers likes them at 14, Brady lower. So again intent to cheat is the same just going about different ways if indeed the Pats even did tamper with those balls.

The above is some really unbelievable rationalization.

One happened after the inspection, one happened in a bathroom after the inspection. Not close to the same thing

When I saw this on NFL Live initially, I wanted to give Tom Brady the benefit of the doubt, but now with with his long prolonged silence, I believe Mark Brunell, Jerome Bettis, & Brian Dawkins....

https://youtu.be/Xb5x0pfE6uY

Even now, if Tom said "I messed up & I'm sorry" the damage would be minimal. However, his failure to come clean looks worse & worse with each passing day to me. 

Yes I know, VL will use this video to claim the fix is in & it's an endless witch hunt against the Patriots. Cry me a river son...Cry me a river...

Truer words were never spoken... http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-19/let-s-pretend-the-patriots-were-accused-of-hacking-sports-line

Let’s Pretend the Patriots Were Accused of Hacking

Tell us you didn’t smirk when you heard the FBI is investigating whether the St. Louis Cardinals hacked the Houston Astros’ computer network.

So, this time, we shouldn’t be rolling our eyes.

Edited by Nadine
excessive copy and paste

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, June 19, 2015 - personal and inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, June 19, 2015 - personal and inflammatory

When I saw this on NFL Live initially, I wanted to give Tom Brady the benefit of the doubt, but now with with his long prolonged silence, I believe Mark Brunell, Jerome Bettis, & Brian Dawkins....

https://youtu.be/Xb5x0pfE6uY

Even now, if Tom said "I messed up & I'm sorry" the damage would be minimal. However, his failure to come clean looks worse & worse with each passing day to me.

Yes I know, VL will use this video to claim the fix is in & it's an endless witch hunt against the Patriots. Cry me a river son...Cry me a river...

Grow up, Mr. sanctimonious. You follow a team whose owner stole another man's wife, abandoned her, and didn't go to her funeral. He drives around under the influence of drugs . And YOU want to get sanctimonious?

of course it won't have a long term impact.

If so, Aaron Rodgers is screwed , since he has admitted to cheating.

It's delicious ironic, VL that you would use a QB who told the truth about liking his footballs on the full end of the PSI scale & claim that Aaron Rogers is "screwed." 

So let me get this straight. A SB winning MVP QB is actually honest, discloses his preference openly to the media, & there is no scandal period. Whereas Tom Brady refuses to just say "I made a mistake, I like my footballs at 12.5 PSI, & if anybody made an error here that's my fault sorry" but he's beyond reproach? 

Like I said VL, this scandal would disappear overnight if Brady just told the truth about what happened, but in your universe Aaron Rogers is damaged & tainted goods? Really? 

Truer words were never spoken... http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-19/let-s-pretend-the-patriots-were-accused-of-hacking-sports-line

Let’s Pretend the Patriots Were Accused of Hacking

Tell us you didn’t smirk when you heard the FBI is investigating whether the St. Louis Cardinals hacked the Houston Astros’ computer network.

So, this time, we shouldn’t be rolling our eyes.

Okay? Baseball fans tolerate cheating more than Football fans. To that I say, so?

So here's where you're losing me, SW. You are assuming he is guilty, fine. But that doesn't mean he is....and that is the case he will try to make during his appeal. Literally nothing new has come to light from the accusing side since he first spoke in response to it, so why would his silence while he waits to present his appeal do anymore damage??? Especially when the court of public opinion ruled the second that incorrect report dropped from Mort. It's no this fault that the appeal got delayed...it could have already been over and done with....the delay is what is making is seem like he's just hiding out and not speaking about it. 

The fact is, you don't know that he is guilty. You don't. I understand 100% why you think he is and that is perfectly reasonable, but as he himself said, there is an appeal coming up and he is part of that process. He was accused of something, he proclaimed his innocence, and I'm sure his lawyers instructed him not to speak about it until they have their opportunity at the appeal....we will all learn more once that runs its course. But right now, as more and more stories or articles are published that are providing other explanations for what might have happened, why would you all of a sudden think that the opinions that some had back when there were literally no accurate facts out there suddenly be more valid now?

*yawn*

https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/culture-beaker/deflategate-favored-foul-play-over-science

Yes, I will admit that I am basing my entire Tom Brady lied thesis on that 1st initial press conference VL. I have never wavered once from that. Your 1st opportunity to address a scandal is a very big deal just like how masterfully Bill Belichick addressed the Aaron Hernandez press conference after he was released from the Patriots organization. If you do it correctly & put all the cards on the table immediately, the story dies & people move on to something else. 

The reason deflate gate has legs even now is that Brady refused to acknowledge that he either instructed his ball boys to release air to his specified PSI level or he wants to be a standup & protect the guy who allegedly did something in a bathroom with no urinal in it that he wasn't supposed to be doing. Laugh at at me to your heart's content all you want VL, but personal integrity really does matter. Also, no one refutes what Tom Brady said "I don't think so." In addition, I have waited patiently for Tom Brady to clarify his initial statement & he continues to remain silent. Usually, there's a reason for that: You know you're guilty & you hope the intensity of the scandal will die down over time. Now, if Brady comes out on the 23rd & says "I need to clarify a few things & here's what really went down. I will give Tommy credit for having the courage to do that & eventually forgive him." 

VL, here's where you lose me though in terms of sympathy: You use the term witch hunt a lot to describe deflate gate. I found an online definition of witch hunt from Webster: " The act of unfairly looking for and punishing people who are accused of having opinions that are believed to be dangerous or evil or  the searching out and deliberate harassment of those (as political opponents) with unpopular views." 

Has anyone here claimed that Tom Brady or NE Patriot fans are sinister or evil? No. I might give you so leave way on that fact that people with an unpopular view can endure some unwarranted criticism, but it's not as if any NE fans have been verbally thretened here or forbidden from expressing their point of view VL. So, this is why I joking said that deflate gate is not a symbolic spanish inquistion or a Warren Commission Controversy. Initially, I viewed it as a playful exaggeration for theatrical impact purposes, but now I think you might actually believe your club is being unfairly & unlawfully attacked. Really VL? I have read the attached article you provided. Physics was never my argument though & neither were PSI levels or which gauges were used. Would you agree that Tom Brady had a poor press conference & since this scandal revolves around him & 2 ball boys only he can fix this situation? Or is it a witch hunt atmosphere for even asking the question to you? Is it evil to request that Tom has another press conference & clear this matter of his reputation up? Am I harrassing Tom in any way by asking for a little more clarification? Seems like a reasonable request to me. 

How have I convicted Tom Brady exactly? Let's review shall we: Tom says live "I don't think so" to the question are you a cheater, he says he will respond to the Wells Report charges soon & I continue to hear nothing but crickets on his behalf, & I given him ample time to say anything defending himself & still nothing. When someone refuses to defend their actions & remains silent I'd say that Tom has convicted himself not the media, not the newspapers, not the internet. But you're right VL, this is "witch hunt" because I demanded Brady's head on a spike floating on the River Thames. Not. I'm being sarcastic here naturally. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, June 20, 2015 - off topic and personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, June 20, 2015 - off topic and personal shot

Why is there a need to try to defend your team so vehemently to a few people in an other board for several days?.

1. You have nothing better to do.

2. Or you know you are guilty.

3. Or its your inferiority complex to Colts.

4. Or you are just a troll.

I am going with all 4.

Why is there a need to try to defend your team so vehemently to a few people in an other board for several days?.

1. You have nothing better to do.

2. Or you know you are guilty.

3. Or its your inferiority complex to Colts.

4. Or you are just a troll.

I am going with all 4.

Why are you so hung up on the content people choose to discuss on a message board? We all have our reasons for being here and posting what we post, as I'm sure you do. There are many threads on this forum that make me scratch my head as well, but I avoid going in to those threads to criticize the people who DO want to discuss whatever that topic is.

Why are you so hung up on the content people choose to discuss on a message board? We all have our reasons for being here and posting what we post, as I'm sure you do. There are many threads on this forum that make me scratch my head as well, but I avoid going in to those threads to criticize the people who DO want to discuss whatever that topic is.

What I see is not a discussion. Its what I mentioned above.